A gnostic sermon attempt

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Gnostic Bishop

Re: A gnostic sermon attempt

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

theeternaliam wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:15 pm The arch-archon who traps Sophia and bullies her is named in one of the most important books to ACTUAL GNOSTICS, and his name is Self-Will. I neither agreed or disagreed with this statement, because it's not really arguable because the story of Sophia is a story...written by Gnostics many moons ago.

Now, if you wanna be close minded and refuse to learn anything new, but would rather "preach" that's up to you. But if you think you could learn something from your elders who have been doing this a long time and just might know something, whether you wanna believe them or not, I would recommend to you reading the Pistis Sophia, as you do call yourself a gnostic bishop(rick) and should probably read something by the first folks who called themselves Gnostics or were at least said to.
Our myths, as well as most of those days, were written as tools to enhance discussions and debates. Hence the many build in or added contradictions.

We still use them in mythos discussions but these days, logos dominates and the old myths have limited value.

The world, intelligently, is going secular and logos reigns there. That is also where Gnostic Christianity will reside. Our myths are no longer needed for other than their intrinsic wisdom and the reason why it has always been superior to Christianity.

These short links bolster my views.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia ... =PLCBF574D

Regards
DL
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

theeternaliam wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:35 pm
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:37 am
theeternaliam wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:01 pm
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:59 am
He taught of our single eye. Third eye to the more eastern religions that trained Jesus. If he ever actually lived that is.

Here are some examples which are a part of a O.P. showing why I call my god I am.

It is not that far from what you think.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

The enemy of Sophia who Christ saves her from is named Self-will. It is the oppression of self-will that causes her sufferin.
You are an idol worshiper.

Who is your god?

Regards
DL

The arch-archon who traps Sophia and bullies her is named in one of the most important books to ACTUAL GNOSTICS, and his name is Self-Will. I neither agreed or disagreed with this statement, because it's not really arguable because the story of Sophia is a story...written by Gnostics many moons ago.

Now, if you wanna be close minded and refuse to learn anything new, but would rather "preach" that's up to you. But if you think you could learn something from your elders who have been doing this a long time and just might know something, whether you wanna believe them or not, I would recommend to you reading the Pistis Sophia, as you do call yourself a gnostic bishop(rick) and should probably read something by the first folks who called themselves Gnostics or were at least said to.

Who gives you the right to declare me kafr, or an idol worshipper? Are you also the grand imam of the so called gnostic caliphate? Do you have witnesses to back up yer claim of my being an idol worshipper?
And you are an accuser who has no right to judge me or try to condemn me, as those you probably condemn foe condemning who call themselves fathers and priests and bishops. I don't think I have to defend myself to you. But in deference to your perhaps sincere question, my god is the Holy Holy Holy God of Truth. I don't presume to consciously know everything about my God, but my God has enlightened me about some things cause my God is the Light of Lights who I am made in the image of. My God is worshipped in Spirit and Truth. My God chose to descend from the Above to our world, and became like unto us made of flesh and blood, cursed with limitations of time and space, cursed with mortality, and is the only man worthy to be called Lord and King and is named Jesus Christ, who is God and became a man like us in a mystery but one purpose was to show us trapped in this world how we could be free as God.

He who has discovered the world has discovered a carcass. Whoever has discovered the carcass, the world is not worthy of.

Glory to God in the Highest and on earth, peace among all mankind.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

God forgive me if I do in any way commit the sin of idolatry and if I do show me in which way I do. And I pray so does the person here known as gnostic bishop, also become enlightened if they in any way practice idolatry.
In the name of Jesus Christ I pray
Amen
On Jesus dying for you.

You have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil you make Jesus to keep your feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

You also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that you would teach your children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are doing just that.

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fibre as Yahweh. Satan applauds you though as you are doing her work.

Regards
DL
theeternaliam

Post by theeternaliam »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:10 am
theeternaliam wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:35 pm
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:37 am
theeternaliam wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:01 pm
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:59 am
He taught of our single eye. Third eye to the more eastern religions that trained Jesus. If he ever actually lived that is.

Here are some examples which are a part of a O.P. showing why I call my god I am.

It is not that far from what you think.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

The enemy of Sophia who Christ saves her from is named Self-will. It is the oppression of self-will that causes her sufferin.
You are an idol worshiper.

Who is your god?

Regards
DL

The arch-archon who traps Sophia and bullies her is named in one of the most important books to ACTUAL GNOSTICS, and his name is Self-Will. I neither agreed or disagreed with this statement, because it's not really arguable because the story of Sophia is a story...written by Gnostics many moons ago.

Who gives you the right to declare me kafr, or an idol worshipper? Are you also the grand imam of the so called gnostic caliphate? Do you have witnesses to back up yer claim of my being an idol worshipper?
And you are an accuser who has no right to judge me or try to condemn me, as those you probably condemn foe condemning who call themselves fathers and priests and bishops. I don't think I have to defend myself to you. But in deference to your perhaps sincere question, my god is the Holy Holy Holy God of Truth. I don't presume to consciously know everything about my God, but my God has enlightened me about some things cause my God is the Light of Lights who I am made in the image of. My God is worshipped in Spirit and Truth. My God chose to descend from the Above to our world, and became like unto us made of flesh and blood, cursed with limitations of time and space, cursed with mortality, and is the only man worthy to be called Lord and King and is named Jesus Christ, who is God and became a man like us in a mystery but one purpose was to show us trapped in this world how we could be free as God.

He who has discovered the world has discovered a carcass. Whoever has discovered the carcass, the world is not worthy of.

Glory to God in the Highest and on earth, peace among all mankind.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

God forgive me if I do in any way commit the sin of idolatry and if I do show me in which way I do. And I pray so does the person here known as gnostic bishop, also become enlightened if they in any way practice idolatry.
In the name of Jesus Christ I pray
Amen
On Jesus dying for you.

You have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil you make Jesus to keep your feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

You also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that you would teach your children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are doing just that.

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fibre as Yahweh. Satan applauds you though as you are doing her work.

Regards
DL
Would it be wrong to pay a poor persons debt who would be thrown into a debtor's prison and would never have the means of paying off their own debt? What if that person were also tricked into accruing that debt? And what if the only condition was that a after their debt was paid, they committed themselves to not living a frivolous lifestyle and forgiving others their debts

Well, we had a karmic debt that because of the machinations of the archons we accumulated and would have been forced to go round n round in samsara to pay it off. We need help for this. Grace. That is the meaning and purpose of the substitutionary atonement. Only God could do it for all humanity. A free gift. Why refuse?
If you were God wouldn't you also give salvation and freedom and eternal joy n what not as a free gift? And suppose yer children were caught in a catch 22, would you help them?
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

theeternaliam wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:23 pm

Well, we had a karmic debt that because of the machinations of the archons we accumulated and would have been forced to go round n round in samsara to pay it off. We need help for this. Grace. That is the meaning and purpose of the substitutionary atonement. Only God could do it for all humanity. A free gift. Why refuse?
If you were God wouldn't you also give salvation and freedom and eternal joy n what not as a free gift? And suppose yer children were caught in a catch 22, would you help them?
Only a big fool will accept the unjust condemnation you have.

What sin earned you hell at the hands of the genocidal prick you idol worship?

Regards
DL
theeternaliam

Post by theeternaliam »

Well if you're angry you are guilty of murder, and if ya look at a woman lustfully guilty of adultery. But, really, when it comes to morals and karmic law I tend towards the Jains strict interpretation about how every thought word and deed ( and, especially harmful one moreso) causes one's soul to accrue a kinda crust that weighs it down and leads to rebirth in samsara until totally purged. This also correlates to mosaic law, which calls for blood atonement. Anyways, this law and (dis)order system I suspect as being created by the demiurge to keep souls imprisoned. Then ya have the archons who function as the tempters to sin, tricking the soul into breaking the law. This is a Cosmic Racket of sorts. One in which we need outside help, because nothing comes for free here, and THERE WILL BE BLOOD. But Jesus's blood atonement isnt all He has done, (though, Dayenu). He also had to die to give us His Spirit, as a stalk of wheat had to grow to maturity, produce seed and die to cast it's seed upon the earth to produce more fruit.

But, back to my personal sin. I accepted Jesus Christ's freely given grace and forgiveness through His blood when I was a fairly devout practicing Buddhist and had some experiences and what not and a revelation where I was overwhelmed by how many lifetimes of effort it would take for me to "get enlightened" and enter nirvana, and then I started to think that if I was God I would offer heaven as a free gift to those who wanted it. And remembered i am made in the image of God. At the time I was also reading Joseph Campbell and so had some exposure to Jesus's story as I was not raised with religion and had not too much knowledge of Jesus's story and the little I did know I only had contempt for, probably just out of bias and prejudice as Christianity is pretty well demonized and mocked in my cultural background.
theeternaliam

Post by theeternaliam »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:28 am

Regards
DL
Also, dude, do you have to use so many cuss words?

And genocidal prick is not the proper nomenclature. Asian-American, dude.
theeternaliam

Post by theeternaliam »

Regards
DL

Also. All you have done is scoff and mock, slander and make accusations. You have not seriously considered my post or answered my questions above about what you would do if you were God and/or would you help yer hypothetical children caught in a catch 22?
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

theeternaliam wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:36 pm Well if you're angry you are guilty of murder, and if ya look at a woman lustfully guilty of adultery. But, really, when it comes to morals and karmic law I tend towards the Jains strict interpretation about how every thought word and deed ( and, especially harmful one moreso) causes one's soul to accrue a kinda crust that weighs it down and leads to rebirth in samsara until totally purged. This also correlates to mosaic law, which calls for blood atonement. Anyways, this law and (dis)order system I suspect as being created by the demiurge to keep souls imprisoned. Then ya have the archons who function as the tempters to sin, tricking the soul into breaking the law. This is a Cosmic Racket of sorts. One in which we need outside help, because nothing comes for free here, and THERE WILL BE BLOOD. But Jesus's blood atonement isnt all He has done, (though, Dayenu). He also had to die to give us His Spirit, as a stalk of wheat had to grow to maturity, produce seed and die to cast it's seed upon the earth to produce more fruit.

But, back to my personal sin. I accepted Jesus Christ's freely given grace and forgiveness through His blood when I was a fairly devout practicing Buddhist and had some experiences and what not and a revelation where I was overwhelmed by how many lifetimes of effort it would take for me to "get enlightened" and enter nirvana, and then I started to think that if I was God I would offer heaven as a free gift to those who wanted it. And remembered i am made in the image of God. At the time I was also reading Joseph Campbell and so had some exposure to Jesus's story as I was not raised with religion and had not too much knowledge of Jesus's story and the little I did know I only had contempt for, probably just out of bias and prejudice as Christianity is pretty well demonized and mocked in my cultural background.
As it should be as it is a vile religion.

To your reply.
IOWs you were wrongly judged and condemned by the genocidal son murdering prick you call god.

You have taken the immoral path and don't care.

Why do you bother seeking god if your moral sense is so far down your list that you would accept a genocidal type as your god?

Regards
DL
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

theeternaliam wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:44 pm

Regards
DL
Also, dude, do you have to use so many cuss words?

And genocidal prick is not the proper nomenclature. Asian-American, dude.
If the truth of you following a genocidal prick offends you, then stop doing it.

Regards
DL
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

theeternaliam wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:49 pm

Regards
DL

Also. All you have done is scoff and mock, slander and make accusations. You have not seriously considered my post or answered my questions above about what you would do if you were God and/or would you help yer hypothetical children caught in a catch 22?
Do not turn into the lying prick your god is. Nowhere have I done slander.

That and hypocrisy is a Christian forte.

Regards
DL