Did god really condemn mankind? Is god a just god?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

bbyrd009

Re: Did god really condemn mankind? Is god a just god?

Post by bbyrd009 »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:23 am I am a Canuk.

You are a dumbass.

Regards
DL
bc i asked for a reference
ok
"No Son of Man may die for another's sins..." Ezekiel 18:20
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

bbyrd009 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:16 pm

You are a dumbass.

Regards
DL
bc i asked for a reference
ok
No. Because you are a dumbass.

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:37 am
bbyrd009 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:16 pm

You are a dumbass.

Regards
DL
bc i asked for a ref? lol

No. Because you are a dumbass.

Regards
DL
Well you got a know coming from you that’s basically a compliment?
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

Why don’t you get some help, GB? It’s pretty obvious you’re mad at God? You sound like Hawking LOL
Geocalyx

Post by Geocalyx »

The Gnostic Christian reality.
Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all.
[And after they have reigned they will rest.]"
I'm intrigued once more. Where did you get the stuff in the brackets? I'm not aware of any lacuna there
"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.
I'd read this more in a "you see what you think" way (see Thunder). Poverty is opposite to fullness. If one doesn't know themselves and their own weak points, they could easily be deceived and lead astray from life, which, unpredictable as it is, is the true way things are. They'd no longer see the Pleroma, what they'd see is a fake, finite world where fish & birds might as well come before man, as, living in a preset world, they are not able to be responsible and autonomous Men themselves. Ergo, know where your traps and limits and passions are, so you'll be able to stay on track with reality and judge things on their own merit. Gnothi seauton and all that.
Ben C. Smith

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Geocalyx wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:08 am
The Gnostic Christian reality.
Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all.
[And after they have reigned they will rest.]"
I'm intrigued once more. Where did you get the stuff in the brackets? I'm not aware of any lacuna there.
I can help with that one:

Clement of Alexandria, Miscellanies 2.9: But the beginning is to marvel at matters, as Plato says in the Theaetetus and Matthias in the traditions, exhorting: "Marvel at things present, placing this down as the first degree of the knowledge of the beyond," which also is written in the gospel according to the Hebrews: "He who marveled shall reign, and he who reigned shall rest."

Clement of Alexandria, Miscellanies 5.14: For those things can be the same as these: "He who seeks shall not cease until he finds, and finding he shall marvel, and having marveled he shall reign, and having reigned he shall rest."

ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
Geocalyx

Post by Geocalyx »

Interesting. I'd figure it's not a case of "bad translation" - the NHL Gospel of Thomas is somewhat edited to support a certain ideological position.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Geocalyx wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:44 pm Interesting. I'd figure it's not a case of "bad translation" - the NHL Gospel of Thomas is somewhat edited to support a certain ideological position.
Like every scripture ever written.

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:45 am
Geocalyx wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:44 pm Interesting. I'd figure it's not a case of "bad translation" - the NHL Gospel of Thomas is somewhat edited to support a certain ideological position.
Like every scripture ever written.

Regards
DL
hmm, i cant think of a single ideological pos that could be maintained in a holistic view of the Bible, myself; got an example? That the opposite cannot also be Quoted, i mean?
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Sure there are ideologies.

The holistic of me too, or the I am, which is what the more Gnostic Christian view is all about. We are esoteric ecumenists.

The bible is an adult fairy tale with many ideologies within it. I like the Gnostic Jesus. The free thinker and not Rome's slave.

What is more holistic than this?

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes ... r_embedded

Regards
DL