List of Mythicists who placed the crucifixion of Paul's Jesus in Outer Space

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Joseph D. L.

Re: List of Mythicists who placed the crucifixion of Paul's Jesus in Outer Space

Post by Joseph D. L. »

Wait a minute. If Christ died in the distant past for Paul, and TNG and DS9 take place three hundred years from now...

Oh my God! Gene Roddenberry is Jesus! I guess Rick Berman is Judas Iscariot.

It's a miracle!!! Star Trek is the real Gospel of Paul!!!
Joseph D. L.

Re: List of Mythicists who placed the crucifixion of Paul's Jesus in Outer Space

Post by Joseph D. L. »

No, wait. Star Trek got better once Roddenberry got kicked out and Berman took over. Which means...

Roddenberry is the heretic Gnostic, and Berman is the Catholic church!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Joseph D. L.

Post by Joseph D. L. »

I got it! Q from Star Trek? "Q source"?

OH MY GOD!!!!!
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

GakuseiDon wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:59 pm You mention Earl Doherty in your list of people who place Paul's Jesus's death in "Outer Space". Back in 2015, Doherty saw Dr James McGrath's review of Dr Carrier's book, and didn't realise that McGrath's use of "outer space" was coming from Carrier. Doherty said that the use of the term "implies a pejorative dismissal" of ancient thought
Ignoring the ignorant troll Tim O'Neill aka "Joseph Di Lello", in my view GakuseiDon should learn two simple things:
  • First: It is not changing the name of the things that the nature of the things can change. For that matter, if Carrier had called the space between earth and moon as "Middle Earth", and titled his new book as "Jesus from Middle Earth", then the nature of his arguments would not change at all.
  • Second: I agree perfectly with Doherty that the term "implies a pejorative dismissal" of ancient thought, only I would add: "pejorative dismissal" of ancient Christianity. GakuseiDon can't recognize this feature because he is not anti-Christian. But as anti-theist (see the definition reading Hitchens), I like a lot this "pejorative dismissal" of early Christians as crazy apocalypticist hallucinators. I am 100% sure that Carrier would have not used the term "outer space" if he had spoken about Osiris, since he doesn't despise the Osiris's cult in equal manner.
If you don't realize these 2 simple points, GDon, then I would see you as someone who tolerates the atheism of an idiot as Tim O'Neill/Joseph Di Lello but not the anti-theism of a Carrier or of Giuseppe.

And please GDon, don't mention James McGrath in my thread: that man is the emperor of the Global Empire of the Fool Christian Apologists!!!
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Joseph D. L.

Post by Joseph D. L. »

So I'm Tim O'Niel and someone named "Joseph Di Lello". Can I also be Ben's sock account? Or how about Peter Kirby? Actually, I could just be Giuseppe's alternate account and this back and forth has just been one man's giant psychotic break.

I mean, Joseph and Giuseppe are the same names. Just sayin. ;)
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

See who is Tim O'Neill:

Wry, dry, rather sarcastic, eccentric, occasionally arrogant Irish-Australian atheist bastard.

https://www.blogger.com/profile/00292944444808847980

That describes perfectly yourself. Isn't it so?
Joseph D. L.

Post by Joseph D. L. »

Well I don't have any Australian in me that I know of.
GakuseiDon

Post by GakuseiDon »

Giuseppe wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:38 pmI agree perfectly with Doherty that the term "implies a pejorative dismissal" of ancient thought, only I would add: "pejorative dismissal" of ancient Christianity... I am 100% sure that Carrier would have not used the term "outer space" if he had spoken about Osiris, since he doesn't despise the Osiris's cult in equal manner.
That's interesting. What term would Dr Carrier had used if he had spoken about Osiris?
It is really important, in life, to concentrate our minds on our enthusiasms, not on our dislikes. -- Roger Pearse
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Carrier himself wrote that Osiris was killed "in the outermost areas" of the sublunar realm (78 = M382e-383a).

"Outermost areas" sounds well.
GakuseiDon

Post by GakuseiDon »

Just in case you missed this, Giuseppe:
Giuseppe wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:46 pm Carrier himself wrote that Osiris was killed "in the outermost areas" of the sublunar realm (78 = M382e-383a).
Really? I can't find that written at M382e-383a. Here is a link to the text containing M382e-383a:
https://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/ ... is*/E.html
Last edited by GakuseiDon on Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
It is really important, in life, to concentrate our minds on our enthusiasms, not on our dislikes. -- Roger Pearse