Tree of the Knowledge of Good & Evil; Free Will

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Gnostic Bishop

Re: Tree of the Knowledge of Good & Evil; Free Will

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

SpiritofLife wrote:There are three main branches to the Tree of Sephirot. This is also called the tree of Life. I read the Secret book of John after studying the Bible the Bible over 30 years and I conclude that orthodox Christianity is designed to keep you from the Spirit of Power, that raised Christ from the dead. The Jews could never see the Son of Man crucified for had they known what they were doing they would not have crucified Him. In His death He destroyed sin and death for all who believe.
For all who believe and fuck the rest. How Christian.

Your view would have Ghandi in hell.

Listen to the actual words. Hear them and not what you want to hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztDgyOKej1k

Regards
DL
SpiritofLife

Post by SpiritofLife »

Who told you woman came from a man's rib. Read the Secret Book of John, Jesus says, it is not as Moses wrote as you heard. The ruler, Satan wanted to bring her from Adam'd rib, but rather was molded by the Epinoia mind image of the True Spirit of Life. The Torah-Law is the law of sin and death, when are you going to stop relating reality to the law of sin and death and start looking to the Law of the Spirit of Life? The Grace and Truth account of creation and the Torah of sin and death account, I think you only know the sin and death. No Truth, No Freedom.
Visit the Apocryphon of John Collection for more information on this text.

Jesus laughed at who? You?:
But what they call 'the tree of the knowledge of what is good and evil' is the Epinoia of the light. They (the rulers) remained in front of it in order that he might not look up to his fullness and come to know the nakedness of his shamefulness. But as for me, I set them right so that they would eat."

And I said to the Savior, "Lord, was it not the snake who taught Adam so that he would eat?"

The Savior laughed and said, :lol: "The snake taught them to eat from a wicked desire to sow which belongs to destruction, in order that he (Adam) would become useful to it. And it knew that he was dis­obedient to it because the light of Epinoia dwelled in him, making him more correct in his thinking than the Chief Ruler.

21 And he wanted to bring out the power which he had given to him. And he brought a trance upon Adam."

And I said to the Savior, "What is the trance?"

He said, "It is not as Moses wrote as you heard. For he said in his first book that he laid him down in sleep, but rather it concerned his sensibility. For indeed it is said by the prophet, 'I will make their hearts heavy so that they might neither give heed nor see.'

Then the Epinoia of the light hid in him.

And the Chief Ruler wanted to bring her from his rib. But the Epinoia of the light is not graspable. Although the dark pursued her, it did not lay hold of her.

And he brought forth a part of his power from him (Adam). And he created another molded form in a woman's shape according to the image of Epinoia who had appeared to him. And into the molded form of womanhood he put the part which he had taken from the power of the human— not 'his rib' as Moses said. And he saw the woman beside him.
SpiritofLife

Post by SpiritofLife »

For all who believe and fuck the rest. How Christian.

Your view would have Ghandi in hell.

Listen to the actual words. Hear them and not what you want to hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztDgyOKej1k

Regards
DL

But I am a good person, but I am a good person. Mr. Gandhi why do you think you are a good person? Because like the Pharisees, I do good, therefore I am good. So is this the righteousness of works or the righteousness of faith? I wonder if Jesus would question Gandhi about his goodness like Jesus questioned the Pharisees about their goodness. May Jesus would even provoke Gandhi to violence. The Apostles, Philip, Peter, John, Paul, did not walk around saying I am a Christian. They said have a change of mind, be transformed, have a transformation, preaching the gospel of peace. The Kingdom of God is Now. The Word (rhema) is near you, in your mouth and in your heart. Call upon the name of YHVH and be saved. If you refuse to hear the voice from Heaven because you are busy being a good person, Hebrew 12:25 refers to it as a voice of warning. You may be shaken when the shaking starts. My view would have you hearing the voice of the Father, rather than obsessing over Gandhi's good works.
spin

Post by spin »

SpiritofLife wrote:Who told you woman came from a man's rib.
Umm, please don't pretend to be disingenuous. You know it's specifically there in Genesis. Diachronic text analysis helps you understand where the story came from, namely Sumerian, through a number of intermediaries. Running off to some book or other is a nice escapist enterprise, but you'll eventually have to get a grip on yourself. Otherwise, you may as well quote from a Disney comic to achieve the same results.

God, male. Elohim, male. Jesus, male. Christ, male. Son, male. The messiah, male. He, male. Angels, male. Demons, male. All the actors in this passionless play are men. Women get to be wombs.

And sorry, buddy, but Mr Gandhi never claimed to be a good man. That's just your inability to face reality. Other people from various walks of life and contexts might see him as such and you give your kneejerk reaction in the realization that many people do, to your chagrin. You're left peddling this Egyptian desert mumbo jumbo to an empty house.

You know somewhere in there that the literature you're trying to sell is inherently delineated sexually in favor of males. Your tree of life is blatantly so delineated. Your problem is commitment. You are committed to antiquated religious stuff oriented to a world that has long disappeared. Yet here you are in the 21st century thinking that this stuff is still the ant's pants, when it's now the rat's ass. While you are busy in deep out-of-your-head contemplation, nasty things are going on out there that require you and everyone else to be at the top of their game. As it is the world is becoming dominated by people who have no better understanding and appreciation of other people than to see them either as means of, or obstacles to, making money. It's all fine and well in the best of all possible worlds to squander your existence and abnegate your responsibilities, giving yourself over to unfalsifiable therefore empty religious claims, but this world in the hands of the money grubber is nowhere near the best of those possible worlds. You'll get more satisfaction from a good bong.
Dysexlia lures • ⅔ of what we see is behind our eyes
SpiritofLife

Post by SpiritofLife »

Be filled with good cheer. Do you know anything about the righteousness of faith? Romans 10 the Jews submitted not to the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own righteousness. This is the Torah. You are correct about the man rib into woman account in Genesis, but Jesus told John this is a lie. Jesus told the Torah keepers they were of their Father the devil, their father was a liar from the beginning and the father of lies. It is there in the Torah, all the lies, in the law of sin and death. Romans 8:2 I am discharged from the law of sin and death and no one can put me back under it, like you are, because that's all you can quote, Genesis Jewish Law of condemnation. If I was still under the law of sin and death, I would still be angry too. Rejoice, and be glad, Jubilant! You must be born again........
SpiritofLife

Post by SpiritofLife »

When I learned about Marcion I was amazed that his cannon of scriptures excluded the old testament because it was fulfilled and no longer applicable to those in Christ. I am not the first to say these things, just a grateful recipient of the truth that makes you free.
spin

Post by spin »

SpiritofLife wrote:Be filled with good cheer. Do you know anything about the righteousness of faith? Romans 10 the Jews submitted not to the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own righteousness. This is the Torah. You are correct about the man rib into woman account in Genesis, but Jesus told John this is a lie. Jesus told the Torah keepers they were of their Father the devil, their father was a liar from the beginning and the father of lies. It is there in the Torah, all the lies, in the law of sin and death. Romans 8:2 I am discharged from the law of sin and death and no one can put me back under it, like you are, because that's all you can quote, Genesis Jewish Law of condemnation. If I was still under the law of sin and death, I would still be angry too. Rejoice, and be glad, Jubilant! You must be born again........
Do you know anything about suspended ninths? Divine harmony. Key to the success of many a Fagen-Becker work. Oh, right, if you can try to get back to topic, I guess I can try.

So you think because some unknown scribe has Jesus say it was a lie in some obscure rag written in Coptic found in a container in Egypt that you can just accept that the story represents some direct reflection on reality? I have some prime real estate at the bottom of Puget Sound that you might like to buy at a lucrative price. You seem like you have "all-day sucker" painted across your front as you report your beliefs.

It's nice to have incoherent religious texts that allow you to contradict one part by reciting another and you shrug it off like urine from a pissois. No need for harmony, just quote something to invalidate another bit. How would one know that what you cite at any one time should be accepted and not negated by some other, such as contradicting silly Jesus who should have known better than to contradict the torah?

What's in ancient texts is usually so separated from your experience and coated in many laminae of obfuscation that any reasonable person would realize that no-one in the modern world has much access to the content, if indeed there is much content to be accessed. But believers believe their beliefs are valid without having the ability to test them in any objective way. Remember it is the same blood flowing through your veins that flows through the veins of the most convinced suicide bomber with a one-way ticket to paradise. That pulse renders the male hegemony of your religion opaque to you, so that you think it is fine to crap on about wombs and all those male actors waltzing about in your theology.

Wake up. Start to think. Evaluate. Realize you are in the same predicament as everyone else including the women of the world, who are so demeaned by the religious mores in the theology you espouse. Why reheat dead religions at the cost of our social fabric? You've got nothing to lose but your mental chains. There are bigger problems you need to deal with if you belong to the human world. Anything notion that is objectively untestable cannot be connected to the real world and so has no discernible merit to it. It can therefore be treated as meaningless. You talk about faith. That's step off the precipice, you'll land safely. You need to say, "I don't think so" and learn to test. A famous educationalist once talked about the need for a crap detector, for education often had the effect of confusing the individual into false states of understand, though everyone is born with a crap detector and only by using it do you preserve it and maintain the ability to detect crap.

Righteousness? Trying to be upright is good in a healthy society. Being aware that you belong to the society and that when people are upright felicity prospers. Of course there is the problem of those who either refuse to take part in the benefits of society and don't want to fund it and there are those who want to prey on society. Both attack society and individuals within suffer. It does not mean that you should turn your back on society, dividing off and abandoning it to those who wish to abuse it in order for you to build the hedge and feel safe within at the cost of the benefits of society. Yes, society's a mess and needs all the help it can get, so living out of the rule books of dead societies will help neither you nor the society you have functionally turned your back on. Both you and the society suffers. But you think you're happy: you can reach nirvana to night. But I say, hey there brother, don't you jive me with that cosmic debris.
SpiritofLife

Post by SpiritofLife »

My first reference is the Secret Book of John:
The Secret Book of John

(The Apocryphon of John)

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-davies.html Different format http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-davies.html

Free will to know God. Do you have the free will to read the Secret Book of John or are you bound by some force, the evil Archon of this world?
Last edited by SpiritofLife on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Now that was ignorant.

Regards
DL
spin

Post by spin »

I think you have decided just to spam.

You seem to have no logical response to the initial complaint, ie that there is a male dominance in the literature you are advocating, and have only taken the opportunity to pour incoherent ancient blather from the Egyptian desert here without any rhyme or reason. There doesn't even seem to be any underpinnings to your ontological commitment. In short you are not entering into discourse. To participate in an online forum, one needs to interact and you've proven very lax at trying to interact. When you want to converse, let me know.