Cayce on Christ

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Robert Baird

Cayce on Christ

Post by Robert Baird »

http://forum.world-mysteries.com/thread ... ph-(Jesus)

http://gnosticcross.tripod.com/archive/2001_09_3.html

There are so many disparate salesmen of gnosis it makes my head spin. If it was not important to break down this obsession with myths and liars I would give it up entirely - no wait - I am going to do just that - SOON. Edgar Cayce and his father before him were high Masons and so much of his 'viewing' or 'see-ing' can be found in prior written words of Masonry you can be certain (like Seth Speaks) that I doubt the veracity of his 'visions'. That is debateable and his words can bring understanding of our shared lies. In what follows from him and a commenter I draw your attention to "circle of the sun" and initiations. This is what Paine said Masonry is derived from - "the sun-worship of Druids".

"Edgar Cayce's Secret, Part 15

Strictly speaking, Jesus belongs to the previous chapter (on history). However, for Cayce this is history of an entirely different order, owing to the intense spiritual meaning with which it is charged. Cayce's elaborations on the New Testament accounts are no less spiritually suggestive than his incorporation of those accounts. His identification of the Jesus soul's earlier incarnations ties the Bible together with other Cayce material in a manner illustrative of the workings of karma. His descriptions of the Essenes of Mount Carmel hold that group up as an ideal for others who would clear a path for Christ. His mention of Jesus's studies in Egypt, Persia, and India suggest the essential compatibility of Eastern and Western religions. Finally, his Christology makes the Christ spirit not only an ideal toward which to aspire, but a living presence which guides all those who "name the name."

A. Jesus's past lives

According to Cayce, Jesus and Adam were different incarnations of the same soul, as were Eve and the Virgin Mary (Jesus's twin soul). Thus was Jesus able to atone for the "sin of Adam".

Q. When did the knowledge come to Jesus that he was to be the Savior of the world?
A. When he fell in Eden. [2067-7]

Many other characters from the Old Testament were also incarnations of Jesus, to the extent that the entire Christian Bible becomes part of the story of his long struggle to attain Christhood:

Q. Please give the important re-incarnations of Adam in the world's history.
A. In the beginning as Amilius, as Adam, as Melchizedek, as Zend, as Ur. as Asaph, as Jesus--Joseph--Jesus. Then, as that coming into the world in the second coming .... [364-7]

The stories of the primordial redeemer figure Amilius and the biblical Adam are difficult to disentangle from one another. Essentially, "Amilius" (also spelled "Amelius") is the name by which Cayce refers to the Jesus entitty before his adoption of a physical body (corresponding to Genesis 1), whereas "Adam" refers to the same entity after he took on a material form (corresponding to Genesis 2). The first wave of souls (known as "the sons of men") became entrapped in the earth plane accidentally, through their misuse of free will. These events gave rise to legends of the fall of the angels. The second wave ("the sons of God") consisted of those souls led by Amilius-the Jesus-entity--who voluntarily became entrapped in order to assist the first wave. This they accomplished by steering the process of physical evolution in order to create more appropriate physical forms for these souls.

Cayce places Amilius on Atlantis, but says that he did not physically incarnate until the human physical form had been created, at which time the Genesis accounts of Adam and Eve begin. The location of the Garden of Eden is variously given as the "Caucasian and Carpathian" (364-13), or "between the Euphrates, or...the Red Sea. the Dead Sea" (1179-2)-in any case, not Atlantis. Confusingly, Cayce sometimes uses the word "Adam" to refer to the entire group of souls which had accompanied the Jesus-entity incarnation into the earth plane, who incarnated as the five races on five separate continents (e.g. 900-227).

Eventually, the Jesus-entity, as Adam, joined his twin soul in allowing himself to be seduced by materiality himself, as symbolized by his acceptance of the forbidden fruit. The other sons of God followed suit, and as a result were moved to express their materiality by interbreeding with the "daughters of men" (cf. Genesis 6:2). In this light, humanity's banishment from the Garden of Eden was actually a great blessing, since death, reincarnation, and karma are all designed to draw our attention away from materiality and toward our true nature. In case the reader wonders where Cayce came up with the name "Amilius," or why a disembodied entity in Atlantis should have been given a Latinate name, it bears mentioning that history knows of one Amelius who was a minor neo-Platonist philosopher of the third century A.D. This Amelius was a pupil of Plotinus, a teacher of Porphyry, and the author of a long lost forty-volume work against one Zostrianos the Gnostic. Ironically, in view of the Caycean Amelius's connection with Atlantis, his namesake interpreted Plato's Atlantis myth as astronomical symbolism rather than straight history.(310)

As with Adam and Eve, Cayce interprets the biblical references to Enoch (364-8) and Melchizedek literally, as reliable accounts of historical figures. Interestingly, these two incarnations are also attributed to Jesus by "Visel, the Goddess of Wisdom. or the Holy Breath" as she commands Dowling to write the Aquarian Gospel:

Write full the story of The Christ who built upon the Solid Rock of yonder circle of the sun-the Christ who men have known as Enoch the Initiate.... And you may write the story of Melchizedec, the Christ who lived when Abraham lived.... (311)Melchizedek (the "king of Salem" and "priest of the most high God" who shares bread and wine with Abraham in Genesis 14: 18-20) is mentioned both in the Dead Sea Scrolls (I I Q Melch) and the Nag Hammadi codices (NEC IX 1), where he appears as a cosmic angelic figure. possibly similar to the risen Christ. Hebrews 5:10 calls Jesus "a high priest after the order of Melchizedek," perhaps in an attempt to explain how Jesus could be a priestly messiah without being a Levite. According to Cayce, Melchizedek wrote the Book of Job, which contains many mysterious passages that Cayce liked. "For, as the sons of God came together to reason, as recorded by Job, "WHO recorded same? The Son of Man! Melchizedek wrote Job!" (262-55)."

http://www.world-news-research.com/cbooks15.html
gmx

Re: Cayce on Christ

Post by gmx »

Paraphrasing Palin, how are those non-Christ-related prophesies of Cayce workin' out for ya?
I saw a Naked girl ,Slowly emerge in front of me,Greek hairstyle,Very beautiful,She has a beautiful [fine] profile.; She is fine in profile. the view of profile,hard to tell.
Robert Baird

Post by Robert Baird »

I don't understand you. Are you able to read? Do you have difficulty quoting and making an argument?
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

Edgar Cayce is a nut job. This is like ancient aliens in he past. Its historically worthless.
Robert Baird

Post by Robert Baird »

So intelligent and wise - you are! Your nick is probably a good source for your wisdom.

Cayce was regarded as a good Christian but his Christianity was like most Masons.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=unLoAw ... 22&f=false
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Cayce

Skeptics are also critical of Cayce's support for various forms of alternative medicine, which they regard as quackery

The reality is that his cures were hearsay and his treatments were folk remedies that were useless at best and dangerous at worse...

Another claim by Cayce was that "soul-entities" on Earth intermingled with animals to produce "things": giants that were as much as twelve feet tall.

Cayce declared the Piltdown man to be genuine

What part of fraudulent NUTJOB don't you understand????????????

Cayce was regarded as a good Christian but his Christianity was like most Masons.

Biblical Christians are critical[47] of Cayce's views on issues such as reincarnation,[48] oneness,[49] and the Akashic records

So apologist hated him to.

Cayce was not a racist but was influenced by the occult ideas of Madame Blavatsky
Adam

Post by Adam »

I believe in reincarnation which would incline me to favor Edgar Cayce, but I studied him in detail and found his teachings about Jesus Christ contradicted the Bible. In addition his attempts to predict the future went wrong again-and-again. That makes him a "false prophet" by OT Biblical teaching. He was wrong about the past and wrong about the future. His medical readings about the present seemed helpful, at least by the standards of the time. He does correctly shows us that Mind and Spirit are primary, the body less so.
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

Adam wrote: He does correctly shows us that Mind and Spirit are primary, the body less so.
As to where I see that as another one of his many failures.
Robert Baird

Post by Robert Baird »

There are some better comments which could relate to what I posted but not to what I said or whether or not Biblical Christians actually exist.

Here is a little from one of the links.

Was this man who studied and learned a great deal about g-dlike forces a seer? Or was he merely able to 'see' the I AM (YHVH and Yahweh) forces within and without?

http://bloggerjesuscristo.blogspot.c...8_archive.html

What follows might disappear in the usual bait and switch Google tactic so please look up the book yourself if that happens - here is the title. THE BOOK OF DJEHUTI
By José Miguel Báez

https://books.google.ca/books?id=8TZ...QpqICh2TGA3w#v

The whole of Christendom does not agree on what the Bible is even. There are many different Bibles and about 25,000 denominations without going into the rest of the cult - including those who follow much of the original (supposed) scriptures - Muslims and Jews. Again they too have many denominations and wage war on each other.

But I will quote my words again - in case you actually want to address what I said.

There are so many disparate salesmen of gnosis it makes my head spin. If it was not important to break down this obsession with myths and liars I would give it up entirely - no wait - I am going to do just that - SOON. Edgar Cayce and his father before him were high Masons and so much of his 'viewing' or 'see-ing' can be found in prior written words of Masonry you can be certain (like Seth Speaks) that I doubt the veracity of his 'visions'. That is debateable and his words can bring understanding of our shared lies. In what follows from him and a commenter I draw your attention to "circle of the sun" and initiations. This is what Paine said Masonry is derived from - "the sun-worship of Druids".