trinity confusion

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

theterminator

Re: trinity confusion

Post by theterminator »

nope identities are not minds. One mind three identities, Superman, Cal El and Clark Kent, how many men?
superman (father) speaks to clark kent (son)

so separate persons

each conscious of their speech to each other
Metacrock

Post by Metacrock »

theterminator wrote:
nope identities are not minds. One mind three identities, Superman, Cal El and Clark Kent, how many men?
superman (father) speaks to clark kent (son)

so separate persons

each conscious of their speech to each other
I guess you don't know anything about Superman. Superman is not Clark Kent's father he is Clark Kent. you can talk to yourself that doesn't make you two people
http://metacrock.blogspot.com/
Metacrock

Post by Metacrock »

theterminator wrote:
why do you call them 3 gods when I clearly said they share one divine nature, that makes them one God.

father shares 1 nature

ghost shares 1 nature

son shares 1 nature

so nature is shared by 3 . which means the son god depends on the others to be complete trinity?

three identities in on essence, Essence is that which makes a thing what it is,?
like eve is adam
cain is adam
adam is adam

each share 1 nature so we have 3 persons 1 adam/1human

thus the three are one God,
3 conscious gods who share nature.

moreover no similarity between pagan gods a d God. God is the eternal necessary aspect of being and pagan gods are contingent beings,

yes your god the son is contingent upon the other gods because each is sharing same nature.
the father cannot be all seeing without the son because the son needs the father

It's one thing that is manifested in three identities,
english please.

one thing? you mean one nature?

Jesus prayed to him in the garden
yes 1 god became a human being

and was conscious of his prayer to ANOTHER being = 2 beings

jesus who is not trinity /3 persons prayed to

3 persons/trinity

nature

or

1 person?

you are giving 3 names to 1 person

but the gods you worship are separated by being conscious of their DIFFERENCES and doing things for each other
when the dad of jesus watches his son incarnate , he , the dad is not incarnating

the word used by church fathers as persona, that word refers to the mask worn by a Greek actor on stage, it represents a character or identity but not a separate person from the actor,

so when the son died in his acting the father died too? no he remained SEPARATE

the three persona share one essence. the thing that makes them what they are they share. so yes all three

or is it the "one nature" which is speaking?

of course it is.

son = speaker
ghost = speaker

father = speaker

not 3 speakers ,1 speaker?

so a WHAT is speaking?
I know you think your being cleaver but you are just obfuscating. you are trying to screw it to make it seem screwy, you don'[t want truth, you don't want an answer do you?

theterminator

Post by theterminator »

i am not the one using "identity" "essence" and other bullshit words to confuse.
i am using english to my level of understanding . english isn't even my first language so i will use basic terminology to make things easier for myself
Metacrock

Post by Metacrock »

theterminator wrote:i am not the one using "identity" "essence" and other bullshit words to confuse.
i am using english to my level of understanding . english isn't even my first language so i will use basic terminology to make things easier for myself

Those are the terms used in the creeds and in church history to build the doctrine of Trinity it's very important to understand them. This should be a straight forward question: does the doctrine have a sensible meaning that can be understood? To know that we must examine the terms that make the doctrine.

Far from using these terms to confuse I am making them decipherable to create understanding.

You don't care about the issue of Trinity you are trying get recognition in the group as part of the socialization process, Showing that you can ridicule Christian beliefs gives you status and leads to warm fuzzy socialization feeling. "I belong, I too can ridicule things I don't understand.

Huon

Post by Huon »

1979 Episcopal Church (United States) Book of Common Prayer
We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.

We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father. Through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary, and was made man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried. On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets.

We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Metacrock

Post by Metacrock »

Huon wrote:1979 Episcopal Church (United States) Book of Common Prayer
We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.

We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father. Through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary, and was made man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried. On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets.

We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.
The Nicene creed. thank you :!:
theterminator

Post by theterminator »

i still see 3 separate gods.
Metacrock

Post by Metacrock »

theterminator wrote:i still see 3 separate gods.
because you refuse to understand what essence means. That's the term they and they used it for a reason. it means they three persona share the same essence so they are one God.
theterminator

Post by theterminator »

because you refuse to understand what essence means. That's the term they and they used it for a reason. it means they three persona share the same essence so they are one God.
honestly the way you describe your god it seems like a company which holds 3 lesser things which are not co equal to the whole.
god itself does not seem like a living or live thing. it is what is inside this god which seems to be 3 conscious living things. the word "god" simply looks like a covering/unconscious nature .