Jesus: A Myth, by Georg Brandes

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Ben C. Smith

Jesus: A Myth, by Georg Brandes

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Georg Brandes, a Danish scholar, wrote an interesting little book in 1925 called Die Jesus-Sage, which is available online in PDF format. This book was translated into English in 1926 as Jesus: A Myth, which is also available for free online. A caveat: you have to go through the checkout process on that site, which includes giving your name and email address. I do not yet know if this action will increase my daily spam count; time will tell; I did get an order confirmation similar to what I receive from Amazon after placing an order. At any rate, once you check out and "pay" your $0, you are able to download the book, and I did not seem to encounter any viruses or other cyberattacks. I could not seem to locate the English translation anywhere else.

Robert M. Price quotes from this book several times toward the end of The Christ-Myth Theory and Its Problems.

If anyone knows of an easier source for the English translation, by all means share. Thanks.

Ben.
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
toejam

Re: Jesus: A Myth, by Georg Brandes

Post by toejam »

Thanks. Just downloaded it.
My study list: https://www.facebook.com/notes/scott-bignell/judeo-christian-origins-bibliography/851830651507208