neilgodfrey wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:04 pm
John T, why don't you try to be nice? Why all the "childish name calling" (that you say you deplore in others) and hostile sarcasm and put-downs? Why not try to be civil?
1. John T has demonstrated once again his double standards. One rule for him and quite another for those he opposes….neilgodfrey
2. John T can't thinking critically. If Eusebius says that Josephus said it, that's the same as Josephus saying it for the uncritical John T….Secret Alias
3. You are spreading myths….Ulan
4. This is just pure weasel logic you try to pull off here. You got caught in some false bullshit you believe about history, and you are now just using more bullshit to make your original point. You still haven't admitted that you were wrong. I don't expect you to ever do it, because you are not really interested in an honest discussion. In the end, you are the mythicist here….Ulan
5. That's not what you were saying previously….Secret Alias
6. So, you seem to be hand-waving and more interested in issues other than the historicity of Jesus….MrMacson
7. On an earlier point, I was amused to read your…Paul the uncertain
8. You are caught mis-representing yourself….hakeem
9. why not humor us and find a historian - those guys all agree with you - who identifies Eusebius as citing Josephus here as you say he does?...Secret Alias
10. Your claims are fallacious….hakeem
11. The point that he thinks everyone who disagrees with him is a mythicist is just icing on the cake. But what does one additional error of judgment matter to a purely ideological warrior?...Ulan
12. John, you still don't make any sense. Stop for a moment and try to think….Ulan
13. Anyway, as you are now at the point where you blatantly misrepresent the arguments of your discussion partners in order to make any point at all, I will leave you to counting imaginary toe stubs that only exist in your mind….Ulan
14. But go ahead and continue with your foot fetish….Ulan
15. Your error is due probably to the reasoning (if you can call it that) of the buffoon….Ben C. Smith
Your puerile games are not going to work on me, John T. I gave you the Loeb translation of the passage. Please feel free to revisit this topic with me once you have either (A) learned Greek or (B) learned humility and manners. Either will do….Ben C. Smith
16. Despite this below par level of analytical thinking their confidence score was 88.8% The imbalance reminds one of the Dunning-Kruger effect….neilgodfrey
And the chutzpah of hypocrisy award goes to neilgodfrey for ...."I trust you will find no hypocrisy in my response"
I warned the mythicists up front that I was going to give a tit for tat and use their double standards against them. Now that the shoe was on the other foot and they gave themselves a big fat toe blister, they cry foul. Poor babies.
With all that being said, they still missed the bigger point of this exercise and it wasn't about Josephus confirming the existence of James the Just. That is, if mythicists really want to gain respect in the academic world, perhaps they should try arguing the merits instead of defaulting to ad hominem attacks when someone presents a valid argument that is contrary to their mythicist ideology.
Just a thought.
John T is done with this thread.