The Mishna, etc

Discussion about the Hebrew Bible, Septuagint, pseudepigrapha, Philo, Josephus, Talmud, Dead Sea Scrolls, archaeology, etc.
iskander

Re: The Mishna, etc

Post by iskander »

The contrast between the first and the second centuries ad
attachment
neusner 46.PNG
neusner 46.PNG (169.55 KiB) Viewed 84602 times
MrMacSon

Post by MrMacSon »

iskander wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:28 pm
Jacob Neusner, 'Judaism. The evidence of the Mishnah', 2003 [ISBN 1592443605], pg.3

neusner 03.PNG
The first part of Neusner's book, including the introduction, can be viewed in toto here -

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=22 ... &q&f=false
iskander

Post by iskander »

iskander wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:34 pm The contrast between the first and the second centuries ad
attachment
neusner 46.PNG
Thank you, MrMacSon.

Attachment page 46b
neusner 46b.PNG
neusner 46b.PNG (41.71 KiB) Viewed 84543 times
iskander

Post by iskander »

"So by acting, that is, eating like God, Israel became like God : a pure and perfect incarnation, on earth in the Land which was holy , of the model of heaven."
attachment
Attachments
imcarnation.PNG
imcarnation.PNG (367.2 KiB) Viewed 84521 times
Last edited by iskander on Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
iskander

Post by iskander »

MrMacSon wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:27 pm
iskander wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:28 pm
Jacob Neusner, 'Judaism. The evidence of the Mishnah', 2003 [ISBN 1592443605], pg.3

neusner 03.PNG
The first part of Neusner's book, including the introduction, can be viewed in toto here -

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=22 ... &q&f=false
Thank you.
iskander

Post by iskander »

Purity and the priesthood in the
Hebrew Scriptures and
Rabbinic tradition

Jacob Neusner
Distinguished Research Professor of Religious Studies
University of South Florida

Rabbinic literature, represented by the Mishnah, ca. AD 200, a philosophical law code that stands at the head of all the documents of the oral Torah, takes for granted that the purity laws of Leviticus and Numbers apply to all Israelites, not only to the members of the priestly caste. A brief account of the way in which the Rabbinic law treats the topic suffices.
R. Pinhas b. Yair says, «Heedfulness leads to (hygienic) cleanliness, cleanliness leads to cultic cleanness, cultic cleanness leads to abstinence, abstinence leads to holiness, holiness leads to modesty, modesty leads to the fear of sin, the fear of sin leads to piety, piety leads to the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit leads to the resurrection of the dead, and the resurrection of the dead comes through Elijah, blessed be his memory. Amen.»
(Mishnah-Tractate Sotah 9:15).

What we see, therefore, is that there is an integral connection between purity — which invariably means the purity of the cult, the Temple, and the priesthood of Israel — and sanctification.

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congr ... ty_en.html
iskander

Post by iskander »

Slola Gratia?. (Latin: by grace alone) is one of the Five solae propounded to summarise the Lutheran and Reformed leaders' basic beliefs during the Protestant ...)

The Flood was like the death of Adam. but the people descending from Noah turned out to be no better than the generations destroyed in the Flood.

THE BOOK OF EZRA THE SCRIBE, WHO IS CALLED SALATHIEL, Box translation.

VISION I
(III. I—V. i9).2
Introduction (III. 1-3).

III. I. In the thirtieth year of the fall of our city I, Salathiel, who am Ezra, was in Babylon, and lay stretched upon my bed and was troubled, and thoughts were coming up upon my heart,. because I saw the desolation of Sion and the wealth of the dwellings of Babylon ; and my spirit was sore amazed, and I began to speak to the Most High words of fear.

The First Questions : Whence the Sin and Misery of the World? Is Israel's Punishment just? (III. 4-36)

4. And I said : O Lord my Lord, didst not thou speak from the beginning,' when thou formedst the earth—and that thyself alone—and didst command the dust? 5. And it gave thee Adam, a dead body, and he was the formation of thy hands ; and thou didst breathe in him the breath of life and he was lving before thee ; 6. and thou leddest him into Paradise which thy right hand did plant before ever the earth came.-

7. And to this one thou didst give the commandment ,2 and he transgressed it ; and forthwith thou didst decree upon him death, and upon his generations. And from him were born peoples and tribes and tongues and clans which are without number.

8. And all peoples followed their (own) works, and dealt wickedly and were ungodly before thee—and thou didst not hinder them. 9. But again in (due) time thou didst bring the Flood upon the earth and upon the inhabitants of the world, and thou didst destroy them ; 10. and their destruction was alike ,and as to Adam (came) death, so to them (came) the death of the Flood
iskander

Post by iskander »

iskander wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:02 am Slola Gratia?. (Latin: by grace alone) is one of the Five solae propounded to summarise the Lutheran and Reformed leaders' basic beliefs during the Protestant ...)

The Flood was like the death of Adam. but the people descending from Noah turned out to be no better than the generations destroyed in the Flood.

THE BOOK OF EZRA THE SCRIBE, WHO IS CALLED SALATHIEL, Box translation.

VISION I
(III. I—V. i9).2
Introduction (III. 1-3).

III. I. In the thirtieth year of the fall of our city I, Salathiel, who am Ezra, was in Babylon, and lay stretched upon my bed and was troubled, and thoughts were coming up upon my heart,. because I saw the desolation of Sion and the wealth of the dwellings of Babylon ; and my spirit was sore amazed, and I began to speak to the Most High words of fear.

The First Questions : Whence the Sin and Misery of the World? Is Israel's Punishment just? (III. 4-36)

4. And I said : O Lord my Lord, didst not thou speak from the beginning,' when thou formedst the earth—and that thyself alone—and didst command the dust? 5. And it gave thee Adam, a dead body, and he was the formation of thy hands ; and thou didst breathe in him the breath of life and he was lving before thee ; 6. and thou leddest him into Paradise which thy right hand did plant before ever the earth came.-

7. And to this one thou didst give the commandment ,2 and he transgressed it ; and forthwith thou didst decree upon him death, and upon his generations. And from him were born peoples and tribes and tongues and clans which are without number.

8. And all peoples followed their (own) works, and dealt wickedly and were ungodly before thee—and thou didst not hinder them. 9. But again in (due) time thou didst bring the Flood upon the earth and upon the inhabitants of the world, and thou didst destroy them ; 10. and their destruction was alike ,and as to Adam (came) death, so to them (came) the death of the Flood
Who are of the seed of Abraham?. God loves some men more than others and also educates them. These chosen men speak for God.

13. it came to pass that when they practised ungodliness before thee, thou didst choose one of them for thyself whose name was Abraham ; 14. and thou didst love him, and thou didst shew him the consummation of the times, him alone, between thee and him by night, 15. and thou didst establish with him an everlasting covenant, and didst promise him that thou wouldest never forsake his seed.
19. And thy glory went through the four gates of fire and earthquake, and of wind and cold, that thou mightest give to Jacob's seed the Law, and to the race of Israel commandments.

20. And yet thou didst not remove from them the evil heart, that thy Law might yield fruit in them. 21. For the first Adam clothed himself with the evil heart, and transgressed, and was overcome (and not only so) but also all who were begotten from him. 22. And the infirmity remained in them, and (also) the Law, together with the evil root ; then what was good departed, and the evil came.
iskander

Post by iskander »

The low IQ of the questioner does not warrant an answer from God,--- but Gnostic knowledge will soon answer the questioner :!: :!:

4 ezra box

28. And then I said in my heart : Are then the inhabitants of Babylon behaving well? And hast thou for this forsaken Sion ? 29. And it came to pass when I came hither I saw many ungodlinesses which cannot be numbered, and many iniquities my soul saw this thirty years ; and my heart was perturbed, 30. because I have seen how thou dost suffer the sinners, and sparest the ungodly, and hast destroyed thy people, and preserved thine enemies;...

The Divine Reply ; God's ways are Inscrutable (IV. i—V. 19).

IV. I. And the angel who had been sent unto me, whose name was Uriel, answered, and said to me : Is thy heart so perturbed in this world, and wouldest thou comprehend the way of the Most High ? 3. And I answered and said : Yea, my Lord.

And he answered me again, and said to me : Three ways have I been sent to shew thee, and three similitudes to set before thee : 4. if thou canst shew me one of these, I also will shew thee the way which thou longest to see, and I will teach thee why the evil heart (exists). 5. And I answered and said : Speak on, my Lord.

And he answered and said to me:

Come, weigh me the weight of the fire,
or measure the measure of the wind,
or recall me the day that is past.
iskander

Post by iskander »

iskander wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:06 pm the gnostic solution of the second cebtury ad
attacment pg 37
neusner 38G.PNG
The Mind of Man and Woman
Attachment
Attachments
neusner 38Ga.PNG
neusner 38Ga.PNG (11.12 KiB) Viewed 84413 times