Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes against humanity?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Gnostic Bishop

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes against humanity?

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

iskander wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:25 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:15 am You are an atheist. Ok.

I have spoken to many atheists but have not really learned anything from them.

I have also studied many religions and since my target group, so to speak, have little to no knowledge of the Eastern religions, they are of little value and mostly just mimic Gnostic Christianity.

Regards
DL
What did you expect to learn from them?
Why they were not doing what some of the more prominent ones were saying they should do. Form more atheist churches.

I also wanted to see how many, if any, were really more like agnostics. Few were.

They tend to know scriptures a bit more than some theists and did read them more as written without reading their own biases into them.

I also sought the more social justice attitudes in them but did not find them particularly interested in converting poorly thinking Christians.

They are quite polarized and gave no respect or pity to those who did not recognize that religions are more about appeasing their hivish or groupish gene than for a belief in a God. In their own way, they are as obstinate as theists who also do not want to know more about how and why we all are as we are.

Tribalism is both a blessing and a curse. Mostly a curse in this day and age. We are the weakest animal on the planet and it is not too surprising that we are also quite tribal. There are as many sheeple atheists as there are in religions. The religious seem more dedicated to their cause though even now as they see their ranks dwindling as more and more people recognize that religions are just cons and basically frauds.

Regards
DL
iskander

Post by iskander »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:17 pm
iskander wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:25 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:15 am You are an atheist. Ok.

I have spoken to many atheists but have not really learned anything from them.

I have also studied many religions and since my target group, so to speak, have little to no knowledge of the Eastern religions, they are of little value and mostly just mimic Gnostic Christianity.

Regards
DL
What did you expect to learn from them?
Why they were not doing what some of the more prominent ones were saying they should do. Form more atheist churches.

I also wanted to see how many, if any, were really more like agnostics. Few were.

They tend to know scriptures a bit more than some theists and did read them more as written without reading their own biases into them.

I also sought the more social justice attitudes in them but did not find them particularly interested in converting poorly thinking Christians.

They are quite polarized and gave no respect or pity to those who did not recognize that religions are more about appeasing their hivish or groupish gene than for a belief in a God. In their own way, they are as obstinate as theists who also do not want to know more about how and why we all are as we are.

Tribalism is both a blessing and a curse. Mostly a curse in this day and age. We are the weakest animal on the planet and it is not too surprising that we are also quite tribal. There are as many sheeple atheists as there are in religions. The religious seem more dedicated to their cause though even now as they see their ranks dwindling as more and more people recognize that religions are just cons and basically frauds.

Regards
DL
Have you ever visited an atheist church?
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Not live but have via the net.

I was raised Catholic, sort of, by name more than anything the family did and switch to a Baptist church at about 12 for a short time. I thought protestant services to be more interesting. I was agnostic from then to 38 when I pushed my apotheosis and chose Gnostic Christianity as my religion. I have been climbing Jacob's ladder since.

Regards
DL
iskander

Post by iskander »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:32 pm Not live but have via the net.

I was raised Catholic, sort of, by name more than anything the family did and switch to a Baptist church at about 12 for a short time. I thought protestant services to be more interesting. I was agnostic from then to 38 when I pushed my apotheosis and chose Gnostic Christianity as my religion. I have been climbing Jacob's ladder since.

Regards
DL
I have never heard of any " atheist church" but there are Sunday Assemblies .
You may find one near home.

Re: atheist sunday service
Unread post by lpetrich » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:54 am
Sunday Assembly – Live Better, Help Often, Wonder More -- titled link for the SA's home page.

Assemblies – Sunday Assembly has their locations. Mainly the US and the UK, with some in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Holland, Belgium, Germany, France, and Hungary.

Groups – The Sunday Assembly gives a hint as to what new locations are being talked about. Locations like Copenhagen DK, Sheffield UK, Aberdeen UK, Austin TX US, and Hong Kong, China.

I might want to try to dig up when the various SA groups got started. But so far, it's mostly spread among English speakers, as far as I can tell.

Here's another one: The Oasis Network | Communities of reason and compassion, celebrating the human experience. It's more recent, and it has much fewer locations. But it also is growing. About Oasis | The Oasis Network -- clock on "Locations" on the left.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=196
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Two things.
I am a Canadian and I have no need for fellowship. I get all I need from family.

My goal is to help destroy the mainstream religions and listening to what I think would be things I already know and practice would likely bore me to tears.

I would rather blog and try to convert the lost souls to better thinking.

Regards
DL
iskander

Post by iskander »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:28 pm Two things.
I am a Canadian and I have no need for fellowship. I get all I need from family.

My goal is to help destroy the mainstream religions and listening to what I think would be things I already know and practice would likely bore me to tears.

I would rather blog and try to convert the lost souls to better thinking.

Regards
DL
To Conan the Barbarian,
You have visited an internet " atheist church", I thought you might be interested in visiting the real thing . That is all.
Please continue with your missionary work here .
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Shall do.

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:28 pm I am a Canadian and I have no need for fellowship. I get all I need from family.
a man's enemies will be those of his own household i guess.
Best of luck with the Condemning God thing, figgered i'd never see you again outside Atheist.com!
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

it's hard to forgive God, huh? And we don't even talk about it bc the whole notion seems so ridic or whatever. So we get Assburger's (me) or...shrivelled arms or whatever, and since mom loves us it can't be her fault that she had a C-section or didn't breast feed to keep her nipples virgin, or mainline atrazine or whatever, and Someone Has to be Responsible, right, so it must be Dad.

and the hell of it is, when you go looking, Pops informs you straight up that yes, I create evil; as you have already touched on. And as you say, that is kind of hard to understand, ha, or even define. God makes giants, Sequoias and Oaks and whatnot, but all it takes is one little kid pissing on that oak every day to kill it lol. So i mean keep pissing as long as you want GB, but you are the oak too, k.
"No Son of Man may die for another's sins..." Ezekiel 18:20
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

bbyrd009 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:05 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:28 pm I am a Canadian and I have no need for fellowship. I get all I need from family.
a man's enemies will be those of his own household i guess.
Best of luck with the Condemning God thing, figgered i'd never see you again outside Atheist.com!
God is already condemned and dying.

Now it is just a matter of educating those with corrupted morals to the morality that condemns him.

Regards
DL