Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Gnostic Bishop

Re: Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

theeternaliam wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:08 pm
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:57 am Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNcRXeCzpno

I don’t know what God or Satan’s game is, but God giving Satan dominion over our political/physical realm as well as the power to deceive our spiritual/religious realm in us all seems counterintuitive to what a good God would do.

It seems like God is giving Satan the advantage, in terms of our ability to think without deception or Satan’s undo interference.

Rev12;9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent,

called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Why did God curse us with Satan and her minions?

It cannot be to give us free will as none of us have the free will to never sin. If we did have that, we would have some examples of
people who never sinned.

On another tangent, scriptures say that God himself put’s lies/deception into his prophets and that he decides who will have faith or not by his doling out grace only to those he has pre-selected and thus denies other the ability to have faith or belief.

This biblical contradiction, strangely, refutes all that I put above on Satan. Can Christians clear up this contradiction?

Regards
DL

It may be that some people want to be ignorant and choose to let Satan deceive them so they can still indulge in the lusts of the flesh, and be proud of themselves.
Yes. The many.

They put their tribalism above morals.

Religious are stupid though when it comes to sins of, --- bed and bottle, --- as they used to say.

Blame them. Not the sheeple for that bit.

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

theeternaliam wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:08 pm
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:57 am Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

I don’t know what God or Satan’s game is, but God giving Satan dominion over our political/physical realm as well as the power to deceive our spiritual/religious realm in us all seems counterintuitive to what a good God would do.

It seems like God is giving Satan the advantage, in terms of our ability to think without deception or Satan’s undo interference.

Rev12;9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent,

called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Why did God curse us with Satan and her minions?

It cannot be to give us free will as none of us have the free will to never sin. If we did have that, we would have some examples of
people who never sinned.

On another tangent, scriptures say that God himself put’s lies/deception into his prophets and that he decides who will have faith or not by his doling out grace only to those he has pre-selected and thus denies other the ability to have faith or belief.

This biblical contradiction, strangely, refutes all that I put above on Satan. Can Christians clear up this contradiction?

Regards
DL

It may be that some people want to be ignorant and choose to let Satan deceive them so they can still indulge in the lusts of the flesh, and be proud of themselves.
word
"No Son of Man may die for another's sins..." Ezekiel 18:20
davidmartin

Post by davidmartin »

lusts of the flesh?
what is that exactly, like desiring to invade other countries or impose your will on them, or trade deals that go sour at the expense of the victim?
plenty of that is around from one end of the earth to the other, is that a lust of the flesh?
or is it a catch-all for depravity, something nebulous that makes you look good in comparison?
Then Satan is your friend, you get to do evil things while calling others evil for normal human behavior
Satan plays both sides of course, so on the other side intolerant dinosaurs call things evil but that's shocking - there is no such thing, just a bit of social inequality and all evil is glossed over and promoted as a good thing
One side is no better than the other!
It's offensive to hear views from either of these idiotic viewpoints
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

bbyrd009 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:16 am [

word
[/quote]

Who gave Satan that power?

Regards
DL
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

davidmartin wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:06 pm lusts of the flesh?
what is that exactly, like desiring to invade other countries or impose your will on them, or trade deals that go sour at the expense of the victim?
plenty of that is around from one end of the earth to the other, is that a lust of the flesh?
or is it a catch-all for depravity, something nebulous that makes you look good in comparison?
Then Satan is your friend, you get to do evil things while calling others evil for normal human behavior
Satan plays both sides of course, so on the other side intolerant dinosaurs call things evil but that's shocking - there is no such thing, just a bit of social inequality and all evil is glossed over and promoted as a good thing
One side is no better than the other!
It's offensive to hear views from either of these idiotic viewpoints
Christian moral cowards do not lie this clip for some reason and just run away without a comment

Can you tell us why?

Regards
DL
davidmartin

Post by davidmartin »

i think there's a barrier existing between perception of the truth and lower conceptions of God, it takes balls to overcome it. they lack the balls is why which is what you said above, you answered it already but i just prefer the term 'balls'
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

davidmartin wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:15 am i think there's a barrier existing between perception of the truth and lower conceptions of God, it takes balls to overcome it. they lack the balls is why which is what you said above, you answered it already but i just prefer the term 'balls'
I have used that term before as well. It likely depends on my mood and if I am talking to a man or a woman.

You will know what I mean, in terms of a snappy comeback.

Regards
DL
davidmartin

Post by davidmartin »

i think DL when they hate that gives the game away, if the net result is hatred then stick a fork in it, its done
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIQynsWpBpQ

We love to hate as it is our epitome of drama. All we crave is bread and circuses.

Regards
DL
Geocalyx

Post by Geocalyx »

We love to hate as it is our epitome of drama. All we crave is bread and circuses.
I'm genuinely curious - are you actually proud of preaching hate?

The OP question is a loaded one, btw. I'll pass.