Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNcRXeCzpno

I don’t know what God or Satan’s game is, but God giving Satan dominion over our political/physical realm as well as the power to deceive our spiritual/religious realm in us all seems counterintuitive to what a good God would do.

It seems like God is giving Satan the advantage, in terms of our ability to think without deception or Satan’s undo interference.

Rev12;9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent,

called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Why did God curse us with Satan and her minions?

It cannot be to give us free will as none of us have the free will to never sin. If we did have that, we would have some examples of
people who never sinned.

On another tangent, scriptures say that God himself put’s lies/deception into his prophets and that he decides who will have faith or not by his doling out grace only to those he has pre-selected and thus denies other the ability to have faith or belief.

This biblical contradiction, strangely, refutes all that I put above on Satan. Can Christians clear up this contradiction?

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Re: Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

Post by bbyrd009 »

I doubt it, as virtually anyone who still identified as a Christian is according to Bible still "in camp," iow has not gone "outside the camp," not even as far as you have gone, which is a fair piece I guess. Ergo they would also still be anthropomorphising God, still recognizing an (English) "Lord"--hideous choice of terms, that;God does not "Lord it" over anyone--still seeing with Two Eyes, if you will. So, imo recognizing that wisdom is intentionally hidden from "the wise" in the Bible, unlike much other Scripture, would largely clarify your points, if you really wanted them clarified at least. In English that essentially means that you have rejected Christianity as it was presented to you, a vital first step, but you are still reading or at least refing the Bible like one, inferring persons or "egos" in God or satan, investing them with motive rather than identifying them as pure impetus, etc.

I mean don't you already acknowledge that broadly speaking God was invented by the Bible? Let the blind lead the blind is directly addressed to religious leadership, after all. Fwiw your lack of forgiveness will keep you blind as long as you let it, GB. It seems you are fighting Imaginary Boogeymen Who openly admit to being "Unknown?" So fwiw if you get over that, imo it is completely acceptable to operate under the premise that the labels and concepts in the Bible arose to describe IRL, and not the other way around. The sun did not literally stop at Gibeon, Jesus did not literally walk on water, and believe it or not it is the Bible that told me so
if your right eye offends you, pluck it out
"No Son of Man may die for another's sins..." Ezekiel 18:20
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

"Biblical contradiction" lol, Jesus man, why don't you just go argue the Rev with the rest of the "believers?"
No offense meant ok, you possess good and even great insight when you are not under that cloud.
I mean dang if you even read one time through with two eyes there's like ten short phrases in There no "Christian" can abide? No one has ever gone up to heaven, There is only One Immortal, they all run screaming from the truth lol
Ok peace
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

bbyrd009 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:43 pm I doubt it, as virtually anyone who still identified as a Christian is according to Bible still "in camp," iow has not gone "outside the camp," not even as far as you have gone, which is a fair piece I guess. Ergo they would also still be anthropomorphising God, still recognizing an (English) "Lord"--hideous choice of terms, that;God does not "Lord it" over anyone--still seeing with Two Eyes, if you will. So, imo recognizing that wisdom is intentionally hidden from "the wise" in the Bible, unlike much other Scripture, would largely clarify your points, if you really wanted them clarified at least. In English that essentially means that you have rejected Christianity as it was presented to you, a vital first step, but you are still reading or at least refing the Bible like one, inferring persons or "egos" in God or satan, investing them with motive rather than identifying them as pure impetus, etc.

I mean don't you already acknowledge that broadly speaking God was invented by the Bible? Let the blind lead the blind is directly addressed to religious leadership, after all. Fwiw your lack of forgiveness will keep you blind as long as you let it, GB. It seems you are fighting Imaginary Boogeymen Who openly admit to being "Unknown?" So fwiw if you get over that, imo it is completely acceptable to operate under the premise that the labels and concepts in the Bible arose to describe IRL, and not the other way around. The sun did not literally stop at Gibeon, Jesus did not literally walk on water, and believe it or not it is the Bible that told me so
One of your more thoughtful renderings.

"a vital first step, but you are still reading or at least refing the Bible like one,"

If I want to play in the Christian game, I have to use their ball.

" Fwiw your lack of forgiveness will keep you blind"

I have tons of forgiveness waiting in the wings. I give it happily when I see Christians repent for following a genocidal son murdering God.

Forgiveness has to be tied to repentance. No?

Are you forgiving Christians who continue to support a genocidal son murdering God all while continuing to support a homophobic and misogynous religion that insults half of the world population and would have them be second class citizens?

If you do, you are no better than they are.

Regards
DL
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

bbyrd009 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:59 pm "Biblical contradiction" lol, Jesus man, why don't you just go argue the Rev with the rest of the "believers?"
No offense meant ok, you possess good and even great insight when you are not under that cloud.
I mean dang if you even read one time through with two eyes there's like ten short phrases in There no "Christian" can abide? No one has ever gone up to heaven, There is only One Immortal, they all run screaming from the truth lol
Ok peace
This is garbage compared to your other.

Check you meds.

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:37 am
bbyrd009 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:43 pm I doubt it, as virtually anyone who still identified as a Christian is according to Bible still "in camp," iow has not gone "outside the camp," not even as far as you have gone, which is a fair piece I guess. Ergo they would also still be anthropomorphising God, still recognizing an (English) "Lord"--hideous choice of terms, that;God does not "Lord it" over anyone--still seeing with Two Eyes, if you will. So, imo recognizing that wisdom is intentionally hidden from "the wise" in the Bible, unlike much other Scripture, would largely clarify your points, if you really wanted them clarified at least. In English that essentially means that you have rejected Christianity as it was presented to you, a vital first step, but you are still reading or at least refing the Bible like one, inferring persons or "egos" in God or satan, investing them with motive rather than identifying them as pure impetus, etc.

"a vital first step, but you are still reading or at least refing the Bible like one,"

well my premise here is that they do not know what their ball even says, and i know from experience that most who ID as Christian hate the Bible like the plague lol. i mean find me one who will address
no one has ever gone up to heaven,
there is only one Immortal,
etc

I have tons of forgiveness waiting in the wings. I give it happily when I see Christians repent for following a genocidal son murdering God.

no, unless you are now a believer too? Bc they believe that too, see, based upon their fave passage for that, ad ignoring the others that refute it; forgive, and you will be forgiven, not only our sins but the sins of the whole world, etc
Are you forgiving Christians who continue to support a genocidal son murdering God all while continuing to support a homophobic and misogynous religion that insults half of the world population and would have them be second class citizens?

"thank you God, that i am like the rest of men"

and imo i wouldnt worry about them too much, obv their religion is melting right before their eyes GB. accusing is easy, forgiving those who don't deserve it is hard. Forgiving does not mean absolving or agreeing I guess
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:39 am
bbyrd009 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:59 pm "Biblical contradiction" lol, Jesus man, why don't you just go argue the Rev with the rest of the "believers?"
Ok peace
This is garbage compared to your other.

Check you meds.

Regards
DL
well i guess naturally you would feel that way as it contains the most truth, the part you keep shying away from there? like believers do? wadr you would be more effective arguing The Rev i guess, same guy regardless
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

bbyrd009 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:32 am

well my premise here is that they do not know what their ball even says, and i know from experience that most who ID as Christian hate the Bible like the plague lol. i mean find me one who will address
etc

no, unless you are now a believer too? Bc they believe that too, see, based upon their fave passage for that, ad ignoring the others that refute it; forgive, and you will be forgiven, not only our sins but the sins of the whole world, etc

and imo i wouldnt worry about them too much, obv their religion is melting right before their eyes GB. accusing is easy, forgiving those who don't deserve it is hard. Forgiving does not mean absolving or agreeing I guess
When they stop doing evil to the innocent, I will stop calling them out on it.

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:42 pm
bbyrd009 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:32 am

etc

When they stop doing evil to the innocent, I will stop calling them out on it.

Regards
DL
well see, about that...those ppl are not going to hear you anyway, see, so pretend it is about them at your peril imo GB
theeternaliam

Post by theeternaliam »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:57 am Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNcRXeCzpno

I don’t know what God or Satan’s game is, but God giving Satan dominion over our political/physical realm as well as the power to deceive our spiritual/religious realm in us all seems counterintuitive to what a good God would do.

It seems like God is giving Satan the advantage, in terms of our ability to think without deception or Satan’s undo interference.

Rev12;9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent,

called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Why did God curse us with Satan and her minions?

It cannot be to give us free will as none of us have the free will to never sin. If we did have that, we would have some examples of
people who never sinned.

On another tangent, scriptures say that God himself put’s lies/deception into his prophets and that he decides who will have faith or not by his doling out grace only to those he has pre-selected and thus denies other the ability to have faith or belief.

This biblical contradiction, strangely, refutes all that I put above on Satan. Can Christians clear up this contradiction?

Regards
DL

It may be that some people want to be ignorant and choose to let Satan deceive them so they can still indulge in the lusts of the flesh, and be proud of themselves.