Would a naturalistic view of god be beneficial during our present animal extinction event?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Gnostic Bishop

Would a naturalistic view of god be beneficial during our present animal extinction event?

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Nature gives us life and spirit. Our spirit gives us god. A god within each of us is very ancient thinking.
We cannot define our gods exactly. We can only use analogies.
I think that supernatural gods do not need anything from us. They do not need toys.
If we are to serve any god, it should be one that gives life and that is Earth.
Earth cannot speak. Only life in the form of a man can.
In the natural world, all life worships its own natural likeness. All except man.
Why are we fighting nature, and idol worshiping imaginary gods, as we destroy our eco system?
Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Re: Would a naturalistic view of god be beneficial during our present animal extinction event?

Post by bbyrd009 »

"like"
ah, but i guess since we're pretty much fueling the extinction event, right, youre prolly like tryna teach a fish to walk basically? we should have outgrown and stopped petrochemical burning like what fitty years ago right lol. now we're critical

*"I said 'you are elohim'"*
Last edited by bbyrd009 on Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No Son of Man may die for another's sins..." Ezekiel 18:20
bbyrd009

Re: Would a naturalistic view of god be beneficial during our present animal extinction event?

Post by bbyrd009 »

but i mean good luck with this and Christian Mithraists brother, imo, heck you dont even speak Naive right? Me neither, most the time i guess. We use the tongue of commerce and profit, the language of those who seek to win. "This is that and that is this," right. We build ourselves as a brand?

*What is it?* has been misunderstood iow, and should be taken literally. To us it the sign of ignorance and weakness, yeh?
*manna*
and the Pearl of Great Price?
pretty easy to find "i dont know" imo, i mean the full description is a few kinda flowery phrases, pureness of heart or whatever, humility, but immo basically someone who's able to say "i dont know"
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

You show a new side of yourself.
A wise man said to not be for or against.
This clashes with Gnosis, which is knowing and being for or against.
The first may apply to new things, but sitting on the fence after subjecting the issue to scrutiny would be foolish.

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

*knowledge brings sorrow* works on more than one level, i guess; so i suspect this "gnossis" is mostly just a slightly diff self-delusion from any other religion tbh. I honestly mean no offense here, but your behavior has been a big influence.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

bbyrd009 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:27 pm *knowledge brings sorrow* works on more than one level, i guess; so i suspect this "gnossis" is mostly just a slightly diff self-delusion from any other religion tbh. I honestly mean no offense here, but your behavior has been a big influence.
Sorrow, sure, along with happiness. Yin does not exist without Yang.

You are seeing half a picture and think it complete. You are in the Socratic cave.

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:45 am
bbyrd009 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:27 pm *knowledge brings sorrow* works on more than one level, i guess; so i suspect this "gnossis" is mostly just a slightly diff self-delusion from any other religion tbh. I honestly mean no offense here, but your behavior has been a big influence.
Sorrow, sure, along with happiness. Yin does not exist without Yang.

You are seeing half a picture and think it complete. You are in the Socratic cave.

Regards
DL
ah well, i have no knowledge there, so maybe you have the advantage of me. Its your knowledge, so what else could i do but let you eat the fruit of it with my blessing? Have a good day ok, i can tell you im sure gonna