Religious Satire

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.
Leucius Charinus

Re: Religious Satire

Post by Leucius Charinus »

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Leucius Charinus wrote:Woody Allen

To you I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.
Loyal to a tyrant or is God something else to you?
An atheist - Loyally opposed to God ....
Does he run a democracy or a tyranny?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theocracy

:)
A "cobbler of fables" [Augustine]; "Leucius is the disciple of the devil" [Decretum Gelasianum]; and his books "should be utterly swept away and burned" [Pope Leo I]; they are the "source and mother of all heresy" [Photius]
Leucius Charinus

Does anyone else see the funny side to this WA one liner?
A "cobbler of fables" [Augustine]; "Leucius is the disciple of the devil" [Decretum Gelasianum]; and his books "should be utterly swept away and burned" [Pope Leo I]; they are the "source and mother of all heresy" [Photius]
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Leucius Charinus wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Leucius Charinus wrote:Woody Allen

To you I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.
Loyal to a tyrant or is God something else to you?
An atheist - Loyally opposed to God ....
Does he run a democracy or a tyranny?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theocracy

:)
I am a Gnostic Christian. Not an atheist.

Does your God run a democracy or a tyranny?

Regards
DL
Leucius Charinus

Gnostic Bishop wrote:Does your God run a democracy or a tyranny?

Is the universe alive?

LC
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Thanks for showing your God. Good enough.

I don't know why you screwed around so much before showing your stripes.

Regards
DL
Leucius Charinus

It is a common observation that most if not all "Biblical Historians" are very serious about their business. The Bible is no laughing matter. It is truly heavily serious stuff. Nobody is supposed to laugh. We are dealing with Jesus after all. Nobody in their right mind would laugh at Jesus.

As a result, are these biblical historians capable of identifying satirical treatments of the Jesus Story?

Or would such treatments (assuming they existed) just sail right over their heads as "puerile amplifications" of the "True Story"?

LC
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Leucius Charinus wrote:It is a common observation that most if not all "Biblical Historians" are very serious about their business. The Bible is no laughing matter. It is truly heavily serious stuff. Nobody is supposed to laugh. We are dealing with Jesus after all. Nobody in their right mind would laugh at Jesus.

As a result, are these biblical historians capable of identifying satirical treatments of the Jesus Story?

Or would such treatments (assuming they existed) just sail right over their heads as "puerile amplifications" of the "True Story"?

LC
The Bible became a joke the moment Christianity began to read it literally. That is what ushered in the Dark Ages and Inquisition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia ... =PLCBF574D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFx7WFVP1FI

Regards
DL
Leucius Charinus

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/25926 ... or-attack/
Cartoonists around the world have reacted to a terror attack in Paris killing 12 people, including a police officer, at the controversial satire newspaper Charlie Hebdo.

LC
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

If we want another Dark Age and Inquisition, all we have to do is kowtow to Islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfResyFrqlM

Regards
DL
Leucius Charinus

Heresy laws were invented by church organisations in order to combat, among other things, religious satire. The "other things" include, but are not limited to unbelief, dissidence, non conformity, sceptical enquiry and critical thinking. Three hundred years separate the political emergence of the Christian religion (4th century) and the Islamic religion (7th century). What was going on in the realm of religious satire against Christianity 300 years ago? Not much. It was utterly prohibited by the insidious behind-the-scenes grip that the Christian church organisation had over the legal systems of the so-called Christian nations and its states. (Do some research on the Laws of [Christian] Blasphemy).

ORIGINS

Mohammad is known to have executed a number of satirists when he finally had supreme military power of his region. Do we have any evidence to suggest the Constantine may have been motivated to execute any satirists? I think there is some compelling evidence to suggest that Arius of Alexandria was a satirist, and a chief exponent of anti-Christian satire.
  • 1) Athanasius calls Arius the "harbinger of the anti Christ" and compares him three times to Sotades, an ancient Greek satirist.
    2) The letter of Constantine to Arius c.333 CE also provides a few clues.
The implication of this is that the Arian controversy was an anti-Christian controversy. People had the choice to find themselves Christians or not. The rich and powerful pagans found the tax-exempt church organisation financially attractive. Constantine had to legislate against the numbers of clever and rich pagans trying to enter the church as bishops. But what about the masses of people who were not rich and powerful, and out to protect their riches and power? What about the middle classes and the common people etc?

Jerome tells us that "the world groaned to find itself Arian".
Note that the world did not groan to find itself Christian at all.

LC