Podcast: M. David Litwa, on Deification in the Hermetica

Discuss the world of the Greeks, Romans, Babylonians, and Egyptians.
billd89

Podcast: M. David Litwa, on Deification in the Hermetica

Post by billd89 »

M. David Litwa has been mentioned here a few dozen times (on Xtian topics), but not regarding this material.

A couple of years ago, I appreciated his addition to the Hermetica, the easily read translation Hermetica II: The Excerpts of Stobaeus, Papyrus Fragments, and Ancient Testimonies in an English Translation with Notes and Introduction [2018], which augments Scott's 1926(?!) work*.

For listening material, this is a podcast to bookmark:
Episode 107: M. David Litwa on Deification in the Hermetica.

* I'm somewhat proud of the fact that I personally removed the US copyright embargo on Scott's Hermetica; it was in the public domain, but Google was blocking free access to $upport third parties' business. I complained, filled out forms, and that work is now available to US readers (as it should be, by law).
Kunigunde Kreuzerin

Re: Podcast: M. David Litwa, on Deification in the Hermetica

Post by Kunigunde Kreuzerin »

billd89 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:40 pm * I'm somewhat proud of the fact that I personally removed the US copyright embargo on Scott's Hermetica; it was in the public domain, but Google was blocking free access to $upport third parties' business. I complained, filled out forms, and that work is now available to US readers (as it should be, by law).
Nice work :cheers: