The Role Of Manna/Mannai (Area Of Lake Urmia)

Discuss the world of the Greeks, Romans, Babylonians, and Egyptians.
yakovzutolmai

The Role Of Manna/Mannai (Area Of Lake Urmia)

Post by yakovzutolmai »

I have made a discovery that ought to be shared.

A modern Assyrian nationalist source has connected "Monobazus" of Adiabene to "Mannai" the Hurrian people who lived over the mountains from Assyria, South of Lake Urmia. I don't know if this is remotely correct.

However, Mannai is close to "Menneus" and "Ma'nu". In particular, it is close to "Manaen" who is "Manahen" in my opinion this Acts disciple of "Antioch" (in my opinion, Antioch Mygdonia - Nisibis) is very possibly Menahem the Zealot, son of Judas (as James and Simon are also sons of Judas).

I have learned that Persian origins connect to Lake Van. Could they have been Vedic nomads who were - like the neighboring Mannai - vassals of Neo-Assyria? After the fall of Neo-Assyria, these nomads moved to Persis, conquer Media and Elam, and the rest is history.

This is pure speculation, but consider Occam's razor and historical proximity, could the Mannai be the Magi? If you know Japanese, N/G are closely related, there is linguistic proximity between them.

So, hypothesis: the Persians are the last remnant of the Mitanni, who made an alliance with the Mannai/Magi, post-Assyria, and thence the "Avedic" (as opposed to Vedic) religious system which becomes Zoroastrianism in the end.

My evidence pertains to Kaveh the Smith, who is squarely located among the Kurds and Noah's Ark (between Van and Urmia), and is consistently associated with Kothar-wa-Khasis, Ptah, Daedalus by the ancients themselves. For many reasons, I associate him with Noah, and even wonder if Enoch and Noah are Kaveh via a dual tradition of the Hebrews. Kaveh is important to the Persian mythological founding hero Fereydun, who defeats the Typhonic Zahhak. Fereydun, like Noah, has three sons who divide the world between themselves. The Kurds know Kaveh, but not Fereydun. The Kurds are also considered "sons of Jinn" by Hebrew tradition, which only makes sense as an invocation of Enochian thought (the children of the Watchers). This is why I think Enoch and Noah might be the same person, via two traditions.

The implications are that these Magi and the Kaveh/Noah/Enoch tradition (associated also with Ptah in Egypt, Minoan religion via "Kothar"/Capthor and Daedalus) represent some sort of anchor for the shamanistic religion of Fertile Crescent nomads (Pan father of Adonis, consort of Anobret).

There are even Kurdish nationalists who insist that the Parthians are not Saka, but rather Eastern Kurd-cousins who migrated to Parthia from Armenia.

We have discussed speculation that Neo-Assyrian religious motifs represent exoteric expressions of early Sefirotic symbols, and that Jewish Kabbalah - by implication, Jewish theology and angelology - overlaps with and is derived from the same general esoteric tradition spread throughout the Neo-Assyrian empire.

If Ma'nu of Osrhoene, Mono-bazus of Adiabene, Menneus of Lebanon, Manaen of Nisibis are all members of a Magi dynasty, this would explain a lot. The idea is that Neo-Assyria would have ruled via a religious system of sacred oaths and esoteric secrets which vassals were sworn into. Consider Adiabene as a small, formal territory, a formal satrap of the Achaemenids and Seleucids. However, consider whether the royals of Adiabene might have also possessed the "keys of the kingdom" as Magi/Mannai heirs. Formally, from the point of view of the Suzerain, these control only a small territory. Informally (or perhaps quite formally) these "Tekton Kings" control vast populations of nomadic Arabs and Jews via oaths and religion. In this sense, these kings would be important to both Parthian and Roman Empires. Exactly in proportion to the value and threat of Arab tribes and Armenian valley tribes.

We see this exact level of importance - high, but not very high - attached to these figures like Tiridates II or Osroes, failed usurpers in Parthia. Arsham of Armenia. The Adiabenian kings.

With this understanding, we can explain why the lords of Hatra are able to claim the title of "King of Arabs". Why Philip I commands Aziz. Why Izates must fight "Abia". We also get context for the "Magi" who visit Jesus.

Thus, the genesis of Jewish esoterica. This shamanistic-origins religious system with very ancient links to many places along the Fertile Crescent, Armenia, and the Eastern Mediterranean. A line of the original priests. I would propose that Izates and Monobazus emerged as Jewish Shaman-Kings of the Magi, and from this place of significance Christianity, Manicheanism and Islam were born. At least, that's the Mannai hypothesis.

As for the seriousness of this hypothesis, just consider that the Magi origins are unknown, but near the Mannai. Also that the ancient Persians were not located in Iran, but in Armenia (I only just learned this). Both groups emerged out of the fall of Neo-Assyria having been vassals of Assyrian power. We also know precious little about Parthia. Although Parthia follows Zoroastrian faith, consider that they may be linked to the locus of its genesis. Therefore, a valid Magi "Tekton King" could challenge a Parthian king within Parthia's own systems.

Just food for thought.
yakovzutolmai

Re: The Role Of Manna/Mannai (Area Of Lake Urmia)

Post by yakovzutolmai »

Finally, the "Phrygian" Sabazios, who may be more Hurrian/Armenian. Overlapping with Mithraism from Armenia. Mitra of the Persians emerging as an important figure. Wotan as oath maker in a hermetic role.

Bazeus (of Adiabene), Sabazios, Zebedaios. Sons of Zebedee, sons of the tumult. Analai and Asinai the Jewish lords of the Euphrates with their widowed mother (widow's son) and their profession of "weaving curtains" so similar to Mary who weaved the Temple's curtain.

There is something here.

Consider Luke's parables: prodigal son (Izates in Charax), the two sons (Anilai and Asinai, Izates and Monobazus, Jesus and Didymus), Lazarus and the rich man (Eleazar Boethus and Ananus after the death of Herod Agrippa), storing up your treasures in heaving (attributed in the Talmud to Monobazus). The honest tax collector motif repeated in Suetonius concerning Flavian heritage.

I think the historicity is buried in here, but we must make synthetic identifications where the evidence is missing. Once we do, a comprehensive historical narrative comes to life.
Secret Alias

Re: The Role Of Manna/Mannai (Area Of Lake Urmia)

Post by Secret Alias »

Menachem. מְנַחֵם