Allah is Apollo

All other informal historical discussion, ancient or modern, falls here. This includes the topics of Islam, Buddhism, and other religious traditions.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Ethan

Allah is Apollo

Post by Ethan »

Allah and Apollo are similar sounding names and ١ّللَه‎ appears to have an article, but without the initial ١ّل, it produces لَه‎ that doesn't mean anything, thus part of the word not a prefix. In Hebrew script, ١ّللَه‎ would be אללה and is comparable to Απόλλων, the terminal ה exchanges with ν, the double λ is intact and π exchanges with the glottal א.

They are four consonents in Απόλλων, ΠΛΛΝ, thus wouldn't this be a tetragrammaton. cf. ١ّللَه‎.

in his Hymn to Delos, says that swans flew seven times around the island of Delos

During Hajj, pilgrims must walk around the Kabaa seven times counterclockwise and Mecca clearly modelled after the Temple of Apollo in Delphi and the Kabba itself represents an ὀμφαλός (Navel), sacred to Apollo.

ὀμφαλός
centre or middle point : “νήσῳ ἐν ἀμφιρύτῃ, ὅθι τ᾽ ὀ. ἐστι θαλάσσης” Od.1.50 (only here in Od.) ; later Delphi (or rather a round stone in the Delphic temple) was called ὀ. as marking the middle point of Earth,

The heights that overlook Mecca, Mount Arafat. The word عَرَفَات‎ came from the Greek, ὄροφος,

ὀρόφους Φοίβου, i.e. Phoebus roof, Temple of Apollo.
flatearther

Re: Allah is Apollo

Post by flatearther »

I say Kaaba is a a Cube (tribute to Saturn)
There used to live 365 idols (archons), two of them were destroyed. Hubal (moon god) and another one. But black stone reminds me of Shiva Lingham..
yakovzutolmai

Post by yakovzutolmai »

flatearther wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:11 pm I say Kaaba is a a Cube (tribute to Saturn)
There used to live 365 idols (archons), two of them were destroyed. Hubal (moon god) and another one. But black stone reminds me of Shiva Lingham..
What about Elagabalus?

Some theories have the baetyl moving seasonally between Emesa and Heliopolis. Rome's need to build such a large temple at Baalbek hasn't been fully explained. There's a hint that this might have had profound importance to Arabs.

I've always wondered if the same stone which had been paraded around Rome ended up in Mecca. Couldn't say what the significance is.
Japhethite

Post by Japhethite »

I think Allah came from a clever combination of Arab god Ilah, and Roman Alleuia or De Ira or Arian or Adeodatus or Atlas/Atlantis (which may be the beast in Revelation). The Arab god Ilah may come from El/Il/Ilu or Enlil/Ilu.
See https://iwillnotbeassimilated.blogspot. ... islam.html .