Greek Monks Who Thought the Letter to Theodore was in the Mar Saba Monastery Before Morton Smith Arrives

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Secret Alias

Re: Greek Monks Who Thought the Letter to Theodore was in the Mar Saba Monastery Before Morton Smith Arrives

Post by Secret Alias »

You know when my maids come in to clean the house and I can't find something my immediate reaction is "those fucking maids threw out my ______." I am wrong 99% of the time. But that's what you're doing and that's what I think Tselikas was doing.
StephenGoranson

Re: Greek Monks Who Thought the Letter to Theodore was in the Mar Saba Monastery Before Morton Smith Arrives

Post by StephenGoranson »

Speaking of cleaning up, your act,
if the "declaration" knew of pre-1958 evidence, why didn't it cite it?
If you declare "Secret Mark" verses genuine
but the rest of Gospel of Mark non-genuine
how to pretend to combine these?
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

So if they thought the manuscript was always in the monastery the "discovering" wouldn't be that important n'est ce pas? If I think I'm beautiful someone coming up to me telling me so isn't a big deal. If I have a nice house someone telling me I have a nice house isn't a big deal. If the document always was in the monastery, who is Morton Smith?
StephenGoranson

Whether cleaning house or spending a day in silence, it may be fair not to consider you a liar, cheat, and horse thief, given that you may not be a horse thief.
StephenGoranson

There is, so far, no evidence that Smith mentioned "Secret Mark" to any monk in 1958 or 1959.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Ok. There's no evidence that he planted the manuscript.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Why can't we just admit that there is no conclusive evidence either way that this manuscript is a forgery. Why isn't that a good starting point?
StephenGoranson

No.
You apparently can't even bring yourself, yet, to consider, e.g., the new evidence in April Atlantic.
And you, still of and on wavering whether Clement wrote it.
StephenGoranson

And, SA, as for your shotgun proposal, above Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:57 am, that WASPs
ganged up on Smith, wasn't Smith, um, a WASP?
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

the new evidence in April Atlantic. = what does it matter if the text doesn't say "naked man with naked man."