Standard Christian Records

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Trees of Life

Standard Christian Records

Post by Trees of Life »

Standard Christian records, with confirmatory continua for questioners to survey.

Birth

Midnight Sunday January 1 A.D. 1

Diony Exiguus: Sunday January I A.D. 1

The Archko Volume, Report of Pilate.

Jesus Christ: "I was born the same day on which Augustus Caesar gave peace to the Roman world."
A peace-treaty was settled by Gaius consul for Rome and King Phrataces V of Parthia on an island on the Euphrates river, the border between the Roman empire and the Parthian empire, with terms prescribed that the Parthian army were to remain on their side of the Euphrates.

Cassius Dio LV 10

Nevertheless, war did not break out with the Parthians, either. For Phrataces, hearing that Gaius was in Syria, acting as consul [consul during A.D. 1], and, furthermore, having suspicions regarding his own people, who had even before this been inclined to be disloyal to him, forestalled action on their part by coming to terms with the Romans, on condition that he himself should renounce Armenia and that his brothers should remain beyond the sea.

A.D. 1

Ovid Book 1 286-310

‹O Janus, let the peace and the
ministers of peace endure for aye, and grant that
its author may never forgo his handiwork.
But now for what I have been allowed to learn
from the calendar (Kalends, January 1) itself. On this day the senate
dedicated two temples. The island, which the (Euphrates) river
hems in with its parted waters, received him whom
the nymph Coronis bore to Phoebus. Jupiter has
his share of the site. One place found room for both,
and the temples of the mighty grandsire and the
grandson are joined together.›

January 1, A.D. 1

Infancy Gospel of Matthew.

‹Angels singing a hymn at midnight› (in exaltation at the time of when Jesus was born)

Midnight

Josephus, Antiquities of the Jews, 14.487:

‹This destruction befell the city of Jerusalem when Marcus Agrippa and Caninius Gallus were consuls of Rome on the hundred eighty and fifth Olympiad, on the third month, on the solemnity of the fast as if a periodical revolution of calamities had returned since that which befell the Jews under Pompey;¹ for the Jews were taken by him on the same day, and this was after twenty seven years' time.›
Pompey conquered Jerusalem on Monday May 30 in 64 BC or on Monday Sivan 1st 3698, of the Hebrew calendar¹.
Herod and Sosius conquered Jerusalem on Monday May 31 37 BC or on Monday Sivan 1st 3725, of the Hebrew calendar¹.
Antiquities XVII Chapter 8 records that Herod died: ‹having reigned since he had procured Antigonus to be slain thirty four years: but since he had been declared King by the Romans thirty seven.›

A reign of thirty seven years from May 31 37 BCE marks 1 CE as the year of the death of Herod, which is in concordance with gospel records of Jesus Christ being born during the reign of Herod the Great —‹in the time of Herod the King›: The First Gospel of the Infancy of Jesus Christ; ‹in the days of Herod the king›, Gospel of Matthew 2:1
¹Calculation procedure: exact the Julian year's weekday, date, and lunar phase to provide its accordant Hebrew calendar year's weekday and date.

Death on the Cross

Friday April 3 A.D. 33 3pm

Gospel of John 19:31
'The next day would be both a Sabbath and the Passover.'

Jesus was crucified on April 3 12 pm A.D. 33 with his death on the cross on April 3 3pm A.D. 33 the day before the Jewish high sabbath of April 4 , A.D. 33.

The Report of Pontius Pilate

Now when he was crucified darkness came over all the world; the sun was altogether hidden, and the sky appeared dark while it was yet day, so that the stars were seen, though still they had their lustre obscured, wherefore, I suppose your excellency is not unaware that in all the world they lighted their lamps from the sixth hour until evening. And the moon, which was like blood, did not shine all night long, although it was at the full, and the stars and Orion made lamentation. https://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/lbob/lbob29.htm

A.D. 33 April 3 Eclipse

Blood Moon eclipse at dusk moonrise over Jerusalem April 3 33 CE

Eclipse NASA Apr 3 33.jpg
Eclipse NASA Apr 3 33.jpg (25.6 KiB) Viewed 461 times

Source: https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/LEhistory/LEhistory.html by Fred Espenak

Moon Sun Orion at Sunset and Moonrise

Moonrise was at 1755 April 3 A.D. 33 and moonset was at 0536 April 4 A.D. 33 after it was seen not to shine: 'all night long', (to observe, utilize the fast play on the sky map: https://in-the-sky.org/skymap2.php by Dominic Ford)

Moon Sun Orion 1755 3 Apr 33 .jpg
Moon Sun Orion 1755 3 Apr 33 .jpg (82.86 KiB) Viewed 648 times

Orion bows out in lamentation in the west, just before midnight.

Moon Sun Orion 2359 3 Apr 33.jpg
Moon Sun Orion 2359 3 Apr 33.jpg (87.37 KiB) Viewed 648 times

Source: https://in-the-sky.org/skymap2.php by Dominic Ford

Apostolic Constitutions

XXXIII. I Peter and Paul do make the following constitutions. Let the slaves work five days; but on the Sabbath day and the Lord's day let them have leisure to go to church for instruction in piety. We have said that the Sabbath is on account of the creation, and the Lord's day of the resurrection. Let slaves rest from their work all the great week, and that which follows it — for the one in memory of the passion, and the other of the resurrection; and there is need they should be instructed who it is that suffered and rose again, and who it is permitted Him to suffer, and raised Him again. Let them have rest from their work on the Ascension, because it was the conclusion of the dispensation by Christ. Let them rest at Pentecost, because of the coming of the Holy Spirit, which was given to those that believed in Christ. Let them rest on the festival of His birth, because on it the unexpected favour was granted to men, that Jesus Christ, the Logos of God, should be born of the Virgin Mary, for the salvation of the world. Let them rest on the festival of Epiphany, because on it a manifestation took place of the divinity of Christ, for the Father bore testimony to Him at the baptism; and the Paraclete, in the form of a dove, pointed out to the bystanders Him to whom testimony was borne. Let them rest on the days of the apostles: for they were appointed your teachers to bring you to Christ, and made you worthy of the Spirit. Let them rest on the day of the first martyr Stephen, and of the other holy martyrs who preferred Christ to their own life.

Epiphany

Thirty One years of age on the first following sabbath: Saturday January 6 A.D. 31

Numbers 4:30

From a son of thirty years and upward even unto a son of fifty years thou dost number them, every one who is going in to the host, to do the service of the tent of meeting.

Gospel of Nicodemis:

Yeshua was baptised on the first sabbath at the end of his thirtieth year followed by two years, three months and three days for his ministry of A.D. 31, A.D. 32 and A.D. 33, as discernible within the Gospel of John.

Disciples

The principal leaders of early Christianity were Peter, James of Zebedee and John of Zebedee:

Matthew 10:2

And these be the names of the twelve apostles; the first, Simon, that is called Peter, and Andrew, his brother; James of Zebedee, and John, his brother...

Matthew 17:1

And after six days Jesus took Peter, and James, and John, his brother, and led them aside into an high hill...

Mark 5:37

And he took no man to follow him [And he received not any man to follow him], but Peter, and James, and John, the brother of James.

Mark 9:2

And after six days Jesus took Peter, and James, and John, and led them by themselves alone [and leadeth them by themselves alone] into an high hill; and he was transfigured before them.

Mark 13:3

And when he sat in the mount of Olives against the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him by themselves...

Mark 14:33

And he took Peter and James and John with him, and began to dread, and to be distressed.

Luke 5:10

Soothly in like manner James and John, the sons of Zebedee, that were fellows of Simon Peter [which were fellows of Simon Peter]. And Jesus said to Simon, Do not thou dread; now from this time thou shalt take men.

Luke 6:14

Simon, whom he called Peter, and Andrew, his brother, James and John, Philip and Bartholomew...
Luke 8:51
And when he came to the house, he suffered no man to enter with him, but Peter and John and James, and the father and the mother of the damsel.

Luke 9:28

And it was done after these words almost eight days, and he took Peter and James and John, and he ascended into an hill, to pray.

Acts 1:13

And when they were entered into the house, where they dwelled, they went up into the solar [And when they had entered into the supping place, they went up into the higher things, where they dwelt], Peter and John, and James and Andrew, Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew, James of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas of James.

Galatians 2:9

and when they had known the grace of God, that was given to me, James, and Peter, and John, which were seen to be the pillars, they gave the right hand of fellowship to me and to Barnabas, that we among the heathen, and they into the circumcision...
Peter, James and John are listed in their particular order throughout the Gospel to signify that they were principal disciples/administrators of the Christian sect.
Jesus Christ made Peter, James and John his principal apostles, for they set the standard representing the attributes of Father, Son and Holy Ghost, as in Galatians 2:9: 'James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars', where Peter/Cephas is chief pillar in the centre, with James on his right and John on his left.
The three chosen archbishops ruled the church from Jerusalem, Rome, and Ephesus. They remained in their roles until circa A.D. 69, A.D. 70 and A.D. 100.
James the first bishop of Jerusalem, that ruled the church from A.D. 33 to his death by stoning in A.D. 70, was not a uterine or familial brother of Jesus Christ as can be discerned in his Apocalypse literature:

James' Apocalypse:

"Once when I was sitting deliberating, he opened the door. That one whom you hated and persecuted came in to me. He said to me, "Hail, my brother; my brother, hail." As I raised my face to stare at him, (my) mother said to me, "Do not be frightened, my son, because he said 'My brother' to you (sg.). For you (pl.) were nourished with this same milk. Because of this he calls me "My mother". For he is not a stranger to us. He is your step-brother [...]."

This James, not being James the Less and family of Jesus, as a consequence was surprised at the brotherly greeting, and so James' mother explained their milk-kinship, signifying that this James, first bishop of Jerusalem, was termed a brother by Yeshua the Lord, consonant within Christian archives in which James the bishop is surnamed, 'the brother of the Lord' and 'the Lord's brother'.

In juxtaposition, in Acts 12:2, on account of their milk-kinship, the James archived there is termed, James the brother of John — in continua¹, James the Less/James, son of Alphaeus/James, brother of Judas/James, son of Joseph the Carpenter.

The assignment of James son of Zebedee to Acts 12:2 is a false teaching. For James son of Zebedee to be attributed to Acts 12:2, there is the discontinuity of A.D. 44 for that year of death, yet he is living in A.D. 62, as discernible in The Assumption of the Virgin where evidentiary discourse from the assemblage at the Virgin Mary's departure resolves any discrepancies for the datum: 9 am Sunday January 3 A.D. 62 — the hour, day month and year of the departure of the Virgin Mary. Percipients recognize this datum via Peter: " it has been sixteen years since we have gone forth " + " after twelve years, go out into the world " [The Preaching of Peter]. This is achieved here: April 3 A.D. 33 crucifixion + 12 years attaining April A.D. 45 + 16 years attaining April A.D. 61. John supernaturally arrived at the departure of the Virgin after being summoned while preaching on the ' Lords Day ' [his birthday, January 1] and three days later Mary died about the third hour on the Lord's day, Sunday.

In the discourse of Mary and the apostles they identify James son of Zebedee esoterically: 'The Jews hated James on account of him being called the Lord's brother' + 'James the blessed apostle, who was surnamed the brother of the our Lord' + ' being one of the sons of thunder' + ' ye the three of whom he took with him to the mountain'.

¹ viewtopic.php?p=138585#p138585

Resurrection

Midnight Sunday April 5 A.D. 33

The Gospel of Nicodemus

Joseph said to them: In the evening of the preparation, when you secured me in prison, I fell a-praying throughout the whole night, and throughout the whole day of the Sab- bath. And at midnight I see the prison-house that four angels lifted it up, holding it by the four corners. And Jesus came in like lightning, and I fell to the ground from fear. Taking hold of me, therefore, by the hand, he raised me, saying, fear not, Joseph. Thereafter, embracing me, he kissed me, and said, Turn thyself, and see who I am. Turning my- self, therefore, and looking, I said, my lord, I know not who thou art. He says, I am Jesus, whom thou didst bury the day before yesterday. I say to him, Show me the tomb, and then I shall believe. He took me, therefore, by the hand, and led me away to the tomb, which had been opened. And seeing the linen and the napkin, and recognising him, I said, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; and I adored him. Then taking me by the hand, and accompanied by the angels, he brought me to my house in Arimathea, and said to me, sit here for forty days ; for I go to my disciples, in order that I may enable them fully to proclaim my resurrection.

Ascension

Fifty days after the Resurrection: Sunday May 24 A.D. 33¹

Doctrine of the Apostles

X. Again the Apostles appointed: At the completion of fifty days after his resurrection, make the commemoration of his ascension to his glorious Father.

https://archive.org/details/apocryphala ... ew=theater

Pentecost

Fifty days after the resurrection: Sunday May 24 A.D. 33

Acts One

1 I composed the first discourse, O Theophilus, concerning all things which Jesus began both to do and to teach,

2 until that day in which, having by the Holy Spirit charged the apostles whom he had chosen, he was taken up;

3 to whom also he presented himself living, after he had suffered, with many proofs; being seen by them during forty days, and speaking of the things which concern the kingdom of God;

4 and, being assembled with [them], commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to await the promise of the Father, which [said he] ye have heard of me.

5 For John indeed baptised with water, but *ye* shall be baptised with the Holy Spirit after now not many days.

Apocryphal Acts of the Apostles: William Wright

After the days of the ascension of our Lord Jesus the Messiah to Heaven, when the days of Pentecost were fulfilled, and the Paraclete had come to the upper chamber of Zion, and the holy Apostles were filled with the gift of the Spirit of holiness, and were speaking each one of them with a separate tongue, each of them had the wish to go forth and preach the Gospel of the Messiah.›

Acts Two

1 And in the day of the Pentecost being fulfilled, they were all with one accord at the same place,

2 and there came suddenly out of the heaven a sound as of a bearing violent breath, and it filled all the house where they were sitting,

3 and there appeared to them divided tongues, as it were of fire; it sat also upon each one of them,

4 and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, according as the Spirit was giving them to declare.

Assumption of the Virgin

Mary died in Jerusalem where she abode at the time, for she ‹continued in the especial care of John› and ‹she abode in the house of his parents beside the Mount of Olivet.›
When she died ‹the disciples took up her body to bear it from Mount Zion to the valley of Jehoshaphat›

St James' Cathedral in the Armenian Quarter of Jerusalem on Mount Zion is, according to the archives of the Armenian St James Cathedral Order, built on the site of the first bishop's house.

Gospel Composition Set

Stipulated @ five hundred and fifty days after the resurrection: Wednesday October 6, A.D. 34

The twelve disciples set the framework for the composition of their books, including obscure identities fit for the purpose of supporting the safety of brethren; and the incorporation of historical arcana in order to refute misrepresentations.

Apocryphon of James

‹Now the twelve disciples were sitting all together at the same time, and, remembering what the Saviour had said to each one of them, whether secretly or openly, they were setting it down in books. And I was writing what was in my book - lo, the Saviour appeared, after he had departed from us while we gazed at him. And five hundred and fifty days after he arose from the dead, we said to him: "Have you gone and departed from us?"›

¹Ascension and Pentecost stipulated dates corrected to recorded dates.
Last edited by Trees of Life on Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:01 am, edited 21 times in total.
gryan

Re: Standard Christian Records

Post by gryan »

Re: "...in Galatians 2:9: 'James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars', where Peter/Cephas is chief pillar in the centre, with James on his right and John on his left."

Is that interpretation attested anywhere in Christian tradition, ancient or modern (prior to your presentation of it above)?
Trees of Life

Foundational Date

Post by Trees of Life »

A.D.1 January 1 Sunday, is for Christianity, a foundational date. From the Nativity day you can get the start of gestation at the 1 BC April 10 Sunday Annunciation and conception of Jesus Christ, following John the Baptist's conception of six months prior on Friday October 8, 2 BC as enumerated in Luke: 1:23ff. The 266 gestation days of Jesus attains the A.D. 1, January 1 Nativity day, in plum with the 266 gestation days of John the Baptist's attaining his designated six months prior nativity on July 1, 1 BC. Moreover, from Yeshua's Nativity day you get Monday January 1 31 CE for the beginning of his thirty-first year, when he was deigned to enter the priesthood and begin his ministry on the sabbath of Epiphany, Saturday, A.D. 31 January 6.

After Epiphany, the Gospel of John records three Jewish Passovers during the ministry of Jesus, perforce they were of A.D. 31, 32 and 33. John incorporates into his gospel Jesus' Entry into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday, March 29, A.D. 33 immediately before the third Jewish Passover on the April 4 high sabbath, congruous with the approved April 3 Friday Crucifixion and April 5 Sunday Resurrection dates.

The Nativity coalesces with the Annunciation, Entry, Resurrection and Ascension, namely by all events occurring on a Sunday.

Scrutinizers of the archives of Yeshua's life either apprehend that the moulded chronology of the major events in the life of Jesus Christ is of straightforward divine providence; or is to be attributed to the mysterious(unknown) artifice of colluding archivists, whereupon the chronological continua is industriously sustained.

Gospel Applicatory Chronology

The Gospel of Luke archives a religious ceremony observed at a point of time: 'At the time of incense': Yom Kippur Thursday October 7, 2 BCE, from which datum arcana, the nativity date of Jesus Christ can be set true.
Luke on point engages in applicatory dating arcana with the: conception of John the Baptist on Friday October 8, 2 BC, recounting of John's father that, 'as soon as the days of his ministration (of Yom Kippur) were accomplished, he departed to his own house and after those days his wife conceived', thereof after 'six months' the messenger angel Gabriel was sent by God — 'to a virgin named Mary, of the House of David, espoused to Joseph' — with the Annunciation encompassing the conception of Jesus Christ on Sunday April 10 1 BC. After 'the days were fulfilled' — that being the fixed gestation period of 266 days being attained — the Nativity of Jesus Christ was on Sunday January 1 A.D. 1, in plum with the six months prior July 1st nativity of John the Harbinger, when his 266 gestation days were fulfilled.

The First Infancy Gospel archives a point of time: Caiaphas relates that Jesus Christ, 'came to the end of his thirtieth year; at which time the Father publicly owned him, at Jordan sending down this voice from heaven; This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased; The Holy Ghost being also present in the form of a dove'; with those entering priesthood anointed on the sabbath¹ — Epiphany was on Saturday January 6 A.D. 31.
John's gospel records three Jewish Passovers of Jesus' ministry, wherewith after his Entry into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday March 29 A.D. 33, John archives the third Jewish Passover at a point of time: 'that sabbath day was a high day', Saturday April 4 A.D. 33. 'On the first day of the week' was the Resurrection, Sunday April 5 A.D. 33.

The Doctrine of the Apostles archives a point of time: 'at the completion of fifty days after his Resurrection make commemoration of his Ascension'
The Ascension was on Sunday, May 24 A.D. 33, fifty days after the Resurrection.

Pentecost was also on Sunday May 24 A.D. 33 fifty days after the Resurrection.

Key Christian Chronology

Yeshua: 'Sunday is the day of the Annunciation, the Nativity, the Entry, Resurrection, Ascension, and Judgement'
[Assumption of the Virgin]

Annunciation
Sunday April 10 1 BC
[Luke 1]

Nativity
Sunday January 1 A.D.1
[Luke 1]

Epiphany
Saturday January 6 A.D. 31
[Doctrine of the Apostles]

Ministry
A.D. 31, 32 and 33.