Eliseo Ferrer: Sacrifice and Drama of the Sacred King

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Eliseo Ferrer: Sacrifice and Drama of the Sacred King

Post by Giuseppe »

It seems very a voluminous book.

From the index, it seems that the author sees the same Valentinian Stauros/Horos/Limit in the original Pauline epistles, which makes virtually the point of a crucifixion in outer space.

https://www.academia.edu/81640111/Elise ... of_Christ_
Giuseppe

Re: Eliseo Ferrer: Sacrifice and Drama of the Sacred King

Post by Giuseppe »

In partial answer to Ken's comment about the presumed merits of scholars who interpret Paul within only Judaism, I would quote Ferrer's criticism of prof Piñero:

My readers should know that, although I fully defend the Judaism of the figure of Paul of Tarsus and consider the regulating ideal of the Restoration of Israel and God's promise to Abraham to be central in his letters, I completely disagree with the new take position of Mr. Piñero. A change that was enormously surprising for those of us who have followed him over the years, since he spoke always and repeatedly, until the date of the publication of his “Guide”, in 2015, of “Pauline mystery”. All of which contrasts sharply with his new stance (and his Pauline "mystery language"), caught by the hair of "the Radical New Perspective on Paul"; derived this from the aggiornamento of the ideology of certain Lutheran churches to the demands of the twenty-first century; patented by the Swedish bishop Krister Stendahl, relatively widespread in the Anglo-Saxon world and tailored to the prejudice of the historical Galileo.

The content of Galatians 3, of Romans 11 and the ideas expressed under the symbol of the Olive Tree (the Promethean philosophy of the announcement of God to Abraham) can explain, from my point of view, the mystery of Paul of Tarsus, I have no doubt... This It is the interpretation that I have expressed on innumerable occasions, since we can consider it essential in terms of motivations and procedural issues (a background panorama that supports the thread of the Pauline soteriological doctrine); but this is something that is neither essential nor decisive in his letters, as Gatell unsuccessfully tried to explain to Mr. Piñero. What is essential in the Pauline doctrine is the incarnation of the Spirit-Wisdom-Christ and the cosmic allegory of the death and resurrection of the Son of God presented as Yeoshua-Masiajh; who died at the hands of the archons, crucified on the cross of matter-wood (staurós, horos or limit), and was resurrected by the work of God, as an exemplary model of salvation for the "perfect" (or recipients of the grace divine). A doctrine that fuses proto-gnostic and mysterious elements, and that finds its corollary (or its starting point, as you prefer) in the apocalyptic archetypes of the End of the World and the resurrection of the dead; when Christ was to come on a cloud (there is no "second coming" in Paul) to judge the living and the dead.

https://www.academia.edu/86600116/Elise ... e_of_Jesus
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

I find in the index:
El cristo cósmico y la cruz originaria.
La cruz como límite y separación (Hóros) de la dualidad
del mundo divino (pleromático) y el mundo de la materia.
1. Pablo de Tarso, la cruz y la «segunda venida» del Hijo
2. Justino Mártir y el ocultamiento de la verdad tras los símbolos
3. La cruz de Platón, el Nous y el Alma del universo
4. La constelación de Draco, la cruz y la serpiente
5. Ireneo de Lyon y la cruz del universo

The book has 748 pages!
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

E. Ferrer told me:

I and several other people are making arrangements to be able to translate it into English as soon as possible; which, realistically, will take some time.

Paul the Uncertain

Post by Paul the Uncertain »

In the meantime, the following English-language interview was posted to academia dot edu, which may help some to understand better what the proposal is about:

https://www.academia.edu/92179332/A_rad ... seo_Ferrer
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

What is interesting is this emphasis on platonism. It was found also in Doherty, but where Doherty doesn't persuade me is when he talks of "nails" being really conceived in heaven, which goes directly against the cosmic proportions of the celestial crucifixion. So Doherty introduces platonism but then he rejects it implicitly when he places trees and nails in outer space. A cosmic crucifixion doesn't deserve nails and tree in heaven.

So E.F. has answered me:

Of course, Giuseppe... I see that you are interested in really throbbing things. I remain at your disposal.
But I warn you (and I repeatedly remind myself) that to understand the cosmic crucifixion you have to know a lot of Gnosticism and, therefore, a lot of Platonism.
With the arguments of the Catholic dogmathy or with the Lutheran simplifications, one cannot go very far.
A cordial greeting.

Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

The book has arrived!

I am reading that Justin, when he talked about the cosmic X of Plato's Timaeus, was very close, in virtue of his Platonic education (differently from Irenaeus), to reveal us the key of the original Christian myth.

Justin was so obsessed by the demons having already shown the Christian symbols in paganism, that he saw that the same crucifixion of the Logos (in Plato) was part and parcel of the same demonic conspiracy to prefigure the Christianity.

The same Irenaeus had the Plato's X in mind when he talked about the Gospel being cosmically projected on the 4 cardinal points.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Es decir, la cristologia de Marcion, aùn a pesar de no haberse manifestado como un gnostico declarado,reproducìa con bastante fidelidad el significado oculto del mito gnostico, segùn el qual, a travès del acto de la creacion, Yahvè y sus demonios habìan desgarrado la luz divina y la habian esparcido y crucificado en la materia del mundo.

(p. 736)