Sinaiticus authenticity discussion Wed 11/30/2022 - James Snapp Jr. and Steven Avery

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Steven Avery

Re: Sinaiticus authenticity discussion Wed 11/30/2022 - James Snapp Jr. and Steven Avery

Post by Steven Avery »

Ulan wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:01 am Most of this is projection. Just because Protestants had an interest in textual history ("sola scriptura"), the Catholic Church is supposed to have such an interest, too. They didn't and still for the most part don't.
So why did they give Tischendorf special treatment at the Vatican?
Steven Avery

Re: Sinaiticus - features that point to a late production

Post by Steven Avery »

John T wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:40 pm Time for a morality/ethics check. Just what would happen if the vial name calling from Maestroh was returned with a tit for tat?
Yeah, thought so!
It would be flagged and moved to Nowhere in Particular.
This sick double standard is quickly experienced by those who wonder onto this forum thinking it is a site for an honest discussion on Biblical Criticism and History.
Your silence is your tactic approval.
And the mythicists/atheists can't figure out why high esteemed scholars avoid Biblical Criticism & History Forum.
Sad, so sad.:facepalm:
True, thanks.

However, at this point everyone who is astute knows of the Bill Brown sickness, vulgarity and more.
Steven Avery

Re: Sinaiticus authenticity discussion Wed 11/30/2022 - James Snapp Jr. and Steven Avery

Post by Steven Avery »

mlinssen wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:39 am So, it seems highly dubious that Sinaiticus is any forgery of any kind, as only a really very arrogant religiot (please do notice how I turn that rule into an exception) would think that he can get away with blatantly obvious anachronisms like this
Interesting example.

An unusual, sophisticated ultra-Christianized OT nomina sacra would be unusual for an ancient manuscript, it would be quite sensible for an Orthodox scholar in the 1800s.

It is interesting that it was placed in the New Finds dump room.
mlinssen

Post by mlinssen »

Steven Avery wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:51 pm
mlinssen wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:39 am So, it seems highly dubious that Sinaiticus is any forgery of any kind, as only a really very arrogant religiot (please do notice how I turn that rule into an exception) would think that he can get away with blatantly obvious anachronisms like this
Interesting example.

An unusual, sophisticated ultra-Christianized OT nomina sacra would be unusual for an ancient manuscript, it would be quite sensible for an Orthodox scholar in the 1800s.

Well, you can eat your heart out then, with the next dozen examples:

viewtopic.php?p=151700#p151700

I like that "ultra-Christianized OT nomina sacra", can I coin it :lol:
Maestroh

Post by Maestroh »

John T wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:40 pm Time for a morality/ethics check. Just what would happen if the vial name calling from Maestroh was returned with a tit for tat?
Pointing out a guy is lying and demonstrating it ain't name-calling.

Also - he wouldn't dare.

He's been challenged for years to back up his bold talk - and like every other bullying narcissist (insert the former Queens landlord as an example) - he's got "Keyboard Courage" but not much else.

John T wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:40 pm Yeah, thought so!
It would be flagged and moved to Nowhere in Particular.

No, you see, I'm not the petulant little scaredy cat child here.

He comes in swinging a big stick, gets hit back, and then cries to moderators because that's who he is.

John T wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:40 pm This sick double standard is quickly experienced by those who wonder onto this forum thinking it is a site for an honest discussion on Biblical Criticism and History.
I called him a liar and fraud and a fake and a conspiracy theorist and THEN I DEMONSTRATED MY CHARGES TO BE TRUE!!!

Pointing out a guy is lying and demonstrating that's exactly what he's doing is not attacking or insulting anyone.

It's paying homage to truth.

If he wants to quit lying and publicly admit that's what he's done, I'll drop it.

John T wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:40 pm Your silence is your tactic approval.
So should I assume you're just so dumb you don't know the difference between TACTIC and TACIT?

So let's apply that one: since you're not calling Steven Avery for his demonstrable lies, you APPROVE of them, right?

See how that works?

John T wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:40 pm And the mythicists/atheists can't figure out why high esteemed scholars avoid Biblical Criticism & History Forum.
Wow, incredible.

I get implicitly called a mythicist/atheist for TELLING THE TRUTH about someone.

I don't think you've thought this one through, buddy boy.

John T wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:40 pm Sad, so sad.:facepalm:

Yeah, let's quote the Ex-Blimp who needs to be executed for his insurrection, that'll cover it.
Maestroh

Post by Maestroh »

Steven Avery wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:48 pm True, thanks.

However, at this point everyone who is astute knows of the Bill Brown sickness, vulgarity and more.
You've lived your entire life as a coward and will clearly die one, too.

It's not my fault you LIED, Steven.

And then you again gaslight me by accusing me of YOUR sickness.

You're an ignorant old man, Steven, who wasted his life.
That's all you are, it's all you'll ever be.

There's no more "fake tough" in the USA than "Queens talking tough", which is apparently an epidemic in your neighborhood.
Maestroh

Post by Maestroh »

Steven Avery wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:51 pm
Interesting example.

Folks, he doesn't know ANY of this.

He just makes stuff up as he types.

He can't even read Sinaiticus, but he thinks he should be taken seriously because he's able to manufacture a conspiracy theory.
Steven Avery

Sinaiticus - "ultra-Christianized OT nomina sacra"

Post by Steven Avery »

mlinssen wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:40 am Well, you can eat your heart out then, with the next dozen examples:
viewtopic.php?p=151700#p151700
I like that "ultra-Christianized OT nomina sacra", can I coin it :lol:
I like these a lot, we will be examining them and decide whether they will be part of the presentations. Sinaiticus is filled with anachronistic linguistic elements, (a new one I just saw the other day has to do with the decay of Greek prepositions) that really should be much later than 4th century. Our Greek-skilled gentleman was noticing many curiousities in the Sinaiticus nomina sacra and you may have the single most interesting presentation on the net for such curiousities.

At the moment however, we are studying Tobit and the Mt. Athos manuscript there that is textually connected to Sinaiticus from chapter 3 to 6, overlapping the lacuna in Sinaiticus in chapter 4. The Greek minuscule script there is a bit of a bear.

We do need to compare that Joshua papyrus you highlight, some of those Bodmer papyri have very sketchy provenance. The James David Audlin article on P66 is interesting and is on Academia.edu.

There is no © or TM to the phrase, "ultra-Christianized OT nomina sacra", you can utilize it freely, but it is already minted and coined. However, in the spirit of the Sinaiticus replica or forgery, you can claim originality, like Tischendorf pushing Sinaiticus.