I think that the Cerinthians wrote Mark

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Re: I think that the Cerinthians wrote Mark

Post by Giuseppe »

mlinssen wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:13 am
Giuseppe wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:59 pm
mlinssen wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:13 am The only goal? To make absolutely explicitly certain and sure that Jesus was deader than dead
in order to confute Marcion's docetism, i.e. the idea that the death of Jesus was only apparent.
Really? Then how does Mark achieve that in his 15:37-16:8?
Does he demonstrate that Jesus is dead, only to revive him a few verses later - which results in the exact same outcome as what you allege Marcion to have asserted?
the centurion may have figured in the Evangelion. Isn't he the allegory of the conversion of the demiurge, when the latter realizes the existence of a higher god?
rgprice

Post by rgprice »

According to the reconstructions I have seen, there is no centurion in the Ev.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

rgprice wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:35 am According to the reconstructions I have seen, there is no centurion in the Ev.
Klinghardt's reconstruction has it.
mlinssen

Post by mlinssen »

Giuseppe wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:40 am
rgprice wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:35 am According to the reconstructions I have seen, there is no centurion in the Ev.
Klinghardt's reconstruction has it.
There's a catch there
Ev-23_47-49.jpg
Ev-23_47-49.jpg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 257 times
rgprice

Post by rgprice »

There are no witnesses to it, but even if we simply take Luke as a guide and assume that Luke follows the Ev, Luke does have the centurion, but the centurion merely says that he was innocent, not that he was the Son of God.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

rgprice wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:32 am There are no witnesses to it, but even if we simply take Luke as a guide and assume that Luke follows the Ev, Luke does have the centurion, but the centurion merely says that he was innocent, not that he was the Son of God.
said by the demiurge, it would make even more sense. We are said that the demiurge, for Marcion, was famous for his hard condemnation of the his creatures as all sinners (who more, who less): all deserved the death. The first exception would be Jesus.