The names of disciples in all of the NT

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
mlinssen

The names of disciples in all of the NT

Post by mlinssen »

This is part of the series "all of the NT": search.php?keywords=All+of+the+nt&terms ... mit=Search

One way to look for progression in development of ideas (in order to establishment priority / order) is to follow the evolution of the names of the disciples
Here is a complete list from Berean Literal (with footnote references left intact)

I have an unlucky hand in dealing colours today, apologies. I have also reduced books to nothing where there is nothing, as I just surpassed the 60k characters boundary

BOOK OF Matthew
Chapter 1 The Genealogy of ΙΣ
Chapter 2 The Pilgrimage of the Magi
Chapter 3 The Mission of John the Baptist
Chapter 4 The Temptation of ΙΣ
18 Now walking beside the Sea of Galilee, He saw two brothers, Simon called Peter, and his brother Andrew, casting a net into the sea, for they were fishermen.
21 And having gone on from there, He saw two other brothers, James the son of Zebedee and his brother John, in the boat with their father Zebedee, mending their nets. And He called them,
Chapter 5 The Sermon on the Mount
Chapter 6 Giving to the Needy
Chapter 7 Do Not Judge
Chapter 8 The Leper's Prayer
14 And ΙΣ having come to the house of Peter, He saw his mother-in-law lying sick and fevering.
Chapter 9 ΙΣ Heals a Paralytic
9 And ΙΣ passing on from there saw a man called Matthew sitting at the tax booth. And He says to him, “Follow Me.” And having arisen, he followed Him.
Chapter 10 The Twelve Apostles
2 And these are the names of the twelve apostles: first Simon called Peter, and his brother Andrew; and James the son of Zebedee, and his brother John;
3 Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus;
4 Simon the Zealot, and Judas Iscariot, the one also having betrayed Him.
Chapter 11 John's Inquiry
Chapter 12 The Lord of the Sabbath
Chapter 13 The Parable of the Sower
55 Is this not the son of the carpenter? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?
Chapter 14 The Beheading of John
28 And Peter answering said to Him, “Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You upon the waters.”
29 And He said, “Come.” And Peter having descended from the boat, walked upon the water and came to ΙΣ.
Chapter 15 Tradition and Worship
15 And Peter answering said to Him, “Explain this parable to us.”
Chapter 16 The Demand for a Sign
16 And Simon Peter answering said, “You are the ΧΣ, the Son of the living God.”
17 And ΙΣ answering, said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Barjona! For flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but My Father in the heavens.
18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades not will prevail against it.
22 And Peter having taken Him aside, began to rebuke Him, saying, “Far be it from You, Lord! This never will be to You!”
23 And having turned, He said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me. For your thoughts are not of the things of God, but the things of men.”
Chapter 17 The Transfiguration
1 And after six days, ΙΣ takes with Him Peter, and James, and John his brother, and brings them up into a high mountain by themselves.
4 And Peter answering said to ΙΣ, “Lord, it is good for us to be here. If You wish, I will make here three tabernacles: one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah.”
24 And they having come to Capernaum, those collecting the didrachmas came to Peter and said, “Does your Teacher pay the didrachmas?”
25 He says, “Yes.” And he having entered into the house, ΙΣ anticipated him, saying, “What do you think, Simon? From whom do the kings of the earth receive custom or tribute? From their sons, or from strangers?”
Chapter 18 The Greatest in the Kingdom
21 Then Peter having come, said to Him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I will forgive him? Up to seven times?”
Chapter 19 Teachings about Divorce
27 Then Peter answering said to Him, “Behold, we left all things and followed You; what then will be to us?”
Chapter 20 The Parable of the Workers
Chapter 21 The Triumphal Entry
Chapter 22 The Parable of the Banquet
Chapter 23 Woes to Scribes and Pharisees
Chapter 24 Temple Destruction Foretold
Chapter 25 The Parable of the Ten Virgins
Chapter 26 The Plot to Kill ΙΣ
14 Then one of the Twelve, the one being called Judas Iscariot, having gone to the chief priests,
25 And Judas who was betraying Him, answering, said, “Is it I, Rabbi?” He says to him, “You have said.”
33 And Peter answering, said to Him, “If all will fall away because of You, I never will fall away.”
35 Peter says to Him, “Even if it were necessary for me to die with You, I will never deny You.” And all the disciples said likewise.
37 And having taken with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, He began to be sorrowful and deeply distressed.
40 And He comes to the disciples and finds them sleeping. And He says to Peter, “So, were you not able to watch with Me one hour?
47 And as He is still speaking, behold, Judas, one of the Twelve, came, and with him great a crowd with swords and clubs, from the chief priests and elders of the people.
58 And Peter was following Him from afar, even to the court of the high priest. And having entered within, he was sitting with the guards to see the outcome.
69 And Peter was sitting outside in the court, and one servant girl came to him, saying, “You also were with ΙΣ the Galilean.”
73 And after a little while those standing by having approached, said to Peter, “Surely you are of them also, for even your speech gives you away.”
75 And Peter remembered the word of ΙΣ, He having said, “Before the rooster crowing, you will deny Me three times.” And having gone out, he wept bitterly.
Chapter 27 ΙΣ Delivered to Pilate
3 Then Judas, the one having delivered Him up, having seen that He was condemned, having regretted it, he returned the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
56 among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of the sons of Zebedee.
Chapter 28 The Resurrection

BOOK OF Mark
Chapter 1 The Mission of John the Baptist
16 And passing by the Sea of Galilee, He saw Simon and Andrew, the brother of Simon, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen.
19 And having gone on a little, He saw James the son of Zebedee and his brother John, and they were in the boat mending the nets.
29 And immediately having gone forth out of the synagogue, they came into the house of Simon and Andrew, with James and John.
30 And the mother-in-law of Simon was laying sick fevering. And immediately they speak to Him about her.
36 And Simon and those with him went after Him.
Chapter 2 ΙΣ Heals a Paralytic
14 And passing on, He saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the tax booth, and says to him, “Follow Me.” And having arisen, he followed Him.
Chapter 3 ΙΣ Heals on the Sabbath
16 And He appointed the Twelve; and to Simon He added the name Peter;
17 and James the son of Zebedee, and John the brother of James, and He added to them the name Boanerges, which is, Sons of Thunder;
18 and Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Zealot,
19 and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed Him.
Chapter 4 The Parable of the Sower
Chapter 5 The Demons and the Pigs
37 And He did not allow anyone to follow with Him, except Peter, and James, and John the brother of James.
Chapter 6 The Rejection at Nazareth
3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James and Joseph and Judas and Simon? And are not His sisters here with us?” And they took offense at Him.
Chapter 7 Tradition and Worship
Chapter 8 The Feeding of the Four Thousand
29 And He was questioning them, “But whom do you pronounce Me to be?” Peter answering, says to Him, “You are the ΧΣ.”
32 And He was speaking openly the word. And Peter having taken Him to him, began to rebuke Him.
33 And having turned and having looked upon His disciples, He rebuked Peter, and said, “Get behind Me, Satan, for your thoughts are not of the things of God, but the things of men.”
Chapter 9 The Transfiguration
2 And after six days, ΙΣ takes with Him Peter and James and John, and brings them up into a high mountain by themselves alone. And He was transfigured before them,
5 And Peter answering, says to ΙΣ, “Rabbi, it is good for us to be here. And let us make three tabernacles: one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah.”
38 John answered Him, “Teacher, we saw someone who does not follow us casting out demons in Your name, and we were forbidding him, because he was not following us.”
Chapter 10 Teachings about Divorce
28 Peter began to say to Him, “Behold, we have left all and followed You.”
35 And James and John, the sons of Zebedee, come up to Him saying to Him, “Teacher, we desire that You would do for us whatever we might ask you.”
41 And having heard this, the ten began to be indignant about James and John.
Chapter 11 The Triumphal Entry
21 And Peter having remembered, says to Him, “Rabbi, look, the fig tree that You cursed is dried up.”
Chapter 12 The Parable of the Wicked Tenants
Chapter 13 Temple Destruction Foretold
3 And of Him sitting upon the Mount of Olives, opposite the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked Him in private,
Chapter 14 The Plot to Kill ΙΣ
10 And Judas Iscariot, one of the Twelve, went away to the chief priests, that he might betray Him to them.
29 And Peter was saying to Him, “Even if all will fall away, yet I will not.”
33 And He takes Peter and James and John with Him; and He began to be greatly awe-struck and deeply distressed.
37 And He comes and finds them sleeping. And He says to Peter, “Simon are you asleep? Were you not able to watch one hour?
43 And immediately while yet He is speaking, Judas, one of the Twelve, comes up, and with Him a crowd with swords and clubs, from the chief priests and the scribes and the elders.
54 And Peter followed Him from afar off, as far as to within the court of the high priest; and he was sitting with the officers and warming himself at the fire.
66 And Peter being below in the courtyard, one of the servant girls of the high priest comes,
67 and having seen Peter warming himself, having looked at him, she says, “You also were with the Nazarene, ΙΣ.”
70 But he denied it again. And after a little, again those standing by were saying to Peter, “Truly you are of them, for you also are a Galilean.”h
72 And immediately a rooster crowed for the second time. And Peter remembered the word that ΙΣ had said to him, “Before the rooster crows twice, you will deny Me three times.” And having broken down, he began to weep.
Chapter 15 ΙΣ Delivered to Pilate
40 And there were also women looking on from afar off, among whom also were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the least and of Joseph, and Salome,
Chapter 16 The Resurrection
1 And the Sabbath having passed, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices, that having come, they might anoint Him.
7 But go, say to His disciples and to Peter that He goes before you into Galilee; there you will see Him, as He said to you.”

BOOK OF Luke
Chapter 1 Dedication to Theophilus
Chapter 2 The Birth of ΙΣ
Chapter 3 The Mission of John the Baptist
Chapter 4 The Temptation of ΙΣ
38 And having risen up out of the synagogue, He entered into the house of Simon. And Simon’s mother-in-law was oppressed with a great fever, and they appealed to Him for her.
Chapter 5 The First Disciples
3 And having entered into one of the boats which was Simon’s, He asked him to put off a little from the land. And having sat down, He was teaching the crowds from the boat.
4 And when He left off speaking, He said to Simon, “Put off into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.”
5 And Simon answering, said, “Master, having toiled through whole night, we have taken nothing; but at Your word, I will let down the nets.”
8 And having seen, Simon Peter fell at ΙΣ’ knees, saying, “Depart from me, Lord. For I am a sinful man.”
10 and likewise also James and John, the sons of Zebedee, who were partners with Simon. And ΙΣ said to Simon, “Fear not; from now on you will be catching men.”
27 And after these things He went forth and saw a tax collector named Levi sitting at the tax booth. And He said to him, “Follow Me.”
29 And Levi made a great banquet for Him in his house, and there was a great multitude of tax collectors and others, who were reclining with them.
Chapter 6 The Lord of the Sabbath
14 Simon whom He also named Peter, and his brother Andrew; and James and John; and Philip and Bartholomew;
15 and Matthew and Thomas; and James son of Alphaeus; and Simon the one called Zealot;
16 and Judas son of James; and Judas Iscariot, who became the betrayer.
Chapter 7 The Faith of the Centurion
40 And answering, ΙΣ said to him, “Simon, I have something to say to you.” And he says, “Teacher, say it.”
43 Simon answering, said, “I take it that he to whom he forgave the most.” And He said to him, “You have judged rightly.”
44 And having turned to the woman, He was saying to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered into your house; you did not give water for My feet, but she wet My feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair.
Chapter 8 Women Minister to ΙΣ
45 And ΙΣ said, “Who is the one having touched Me?” But all were denying it. Petere said, “Master, the people surround You and press in.”
51 And having entered into the house, He did not allow anyone to go in with Him, except Peter and John and James and the father and the mother of the child.
Chapter 9 The Ministry of the Twelve
20 And He said to them, “But whom do you pronounce Me to be?” And Peter answering said, “The ΧΣ of God.”
28 And it came to pass, about eight days after these sayings, and having taken Peter and John and James, He went up on the mountain to pray.
32 And Peter and those with him were heavy with sleep; and having awoken fully, they saw His glory, and the two men standing with Him.
33 And it came to pass in their departing from Him, Peter said to ΙΣ, “Master, it is good for us to be here; let us make also three tabernacles, one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah,” not knowing what he is saying.
49 And John answering said, “Master, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name, and we were forbidding him, because he does not follow with us.”
54 And the disciples James and John having seen it, said, “Lord, will You that we should call fire to come down from heaven and to consume them?”b
Chapter 10 ΙΣ Sends Out the Disciples
Chapter 11 The Lord's Prayer
Chapter 12 The Leaven of the Pharisees
41 And Peter said, “Lord, do You speak this parable to us, or also to all?”
Chapter 13 A Call to Repentance
Chapter 14 ΙΣ Heals a Man with Dropsy
Chapter 15 The Parable of the Lost Sheep
Chapter 16 The Parable of the Shrewd Manager
Chapter 17 Temptations and Trespasses
Chapter 18 The Persistent Widow
28 And Peter said, “Behold, we having left the own, followed You.”
Chapter 19 ΙΣ and Zacchaeus
Chapter 20 ΙΣ' Authority Challenged
Chapter 21 The Poor Widow's Offering
Chapter 22 The Plot to Kill ΙΣ
3 And Satan entered into Judas the one being called Iscariot, being of the number of the Twelve.
8 And He sent Peter and John, having said, “Having gone, prepare the Passover for us, that we might eat it.”
31 Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have all of you to sift like wheat.
34 And He said, “I tell you Peter, the rooster will not crow today until you will deny three times knowing Me.”
47 While He was still speaking, behold, a crowd, and he who is called Judas, one of the Twelve, was going before them, and drew near to ΙΣ to kiss Him.
48 And ΙΣ said to him, “Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?”
54 And having seized Him, they led Him away, and led Him into the house of the high priest. And Peter was following afar off.
55 And they having kindled a fire in the midst of the courtyard, and having sat down together, Peter was sitting among them.
58 And after a little, having seen him, another was saying, “You also are of them.” But Peter was saying, “Man, I am not.”
60 But Peter said, “Man, I do not know what you say.” And immediately while he was speaking, the rooster crowed.
61 And having turned, the Lord looked at Peter, and Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how He had said to him, “Before the rooster crows today, you will deny Me three times.”
Chapter 23 ΙΣ Before Pilate
Chapter 24 The Resurrection
10 Now it was Mary Magdalene, and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and the other women with them, who were telling these things to the apostles.
12 But Peter having risen up, ran to the tomb, and having stooped down, he sees only the linen strips. And he went away, wondering in himself at that having come to pass.
34 saying, “The Lord has risen indeed, and He has appeared to Simon.”

BOOK OF John
Chapter 1 The Beginning
40 Andrew, the brother of Simon Peter, was one of the two having heard from John and having followed Him.
41 He first finds the own brother Simon and says to him, “We have found the Messiah” (which is translated ΧΣ).
42 He led him to ΙΣ. Having looked at him, ΙΣ said, “You are Simon the son of Jonah. You will be called Cephas” (which means Peter).
43 On the next day He desired to go forth into Galilee. And He finds Philip. And ΙΣ says to him, “Follow Me.”
44 Now Philip was from Bethsaida, from the city of Andrew and Peter.
45 Philip Finds Nathanael and says to him, “We have found Him whom Moses wrote of in the Law, also the prophets, ΙΣ of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.”
46 And Nathanael said to him, “Is any good thing able to be out of Nazareth?” Philip says to him, “Come and see.”
47 ΙΣ saw Nathanael coming to Him, and He says concerning him, “Behold, truly an Israelite, in whom there is no deceit.”
48 Nathanael says to Him, “From where do You know me?” ΙΣ answered and said to him, “Before Philip calling you, you being under the fig tree, I saw you.”
49 Nathanael answered Him, “Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are King of Israel.”
Chapter 2 The Wedding at Cana
Chapter 3 ΙΣ and Nicodemus
Chapter 4 ΙΣ and the Samaritan Woman
Chapter 5 The Pool of Bethesda
Chapter 6 The Feeding of the Five Thousand
5 Then ΙΣ, having lifted up the eyes and having seen that a great crowd is coming to Him, says to Philip, “From where shall we buy bread that these might eat?”
7 Philip answered Him, “Two hundred denarii wortha of loaves are not sufficient for them, that each might receive one little piece.”
8 One of His disciples, Andrew, the brother of Simon Peter, says to Him,
68 Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom will we go? You have the words of eternal life.
71 Now He was speaking of Judas son of Simon Iscariot; for he, one of the Twelve, was about to betray Him.
Chapter 7 ΙΣ Teaches at the Feast
Chapter 8 The Woman Caught in Adultery
Chapter 9 ΙΣ Heals the Man Born Blind
Chapter 10 ΙΣ the Good Shepherd
Chapter 11 The Death of Lazarus
16 Therefore Thomas called Didymus said to the fellow disciples, “Let us also go, that we may die with Him.”
Chapter 12 Mary Anoints ΙΣ
4 But Judas Iscariot, one of His disciples, being about to betray Him, says,
21 Therefore these came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida of Galilee, and they were asking him, saying, “Sir, we desire to see ΙΣ.”
22 Philip comes and tells Andrew; Andrew and Philip come and tell ΙΣ.
Chapter 13 ΙΣ Washes His Disciples' Feet
2 And supper taking place, the devil already having put into the heart of Judas son of Simon Iscariot that he should betray Him,
6 Then He comes to Simon Peter, who says to Him, “Lord, do You wash my feet?”
8 Peter says to Him, “Never shall You wash my feet, to the age.” ΙΣ answered him, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with Me.”
9 Simon Peter says to Him, “Lord, not my feet only, but also the hands and the head.”
24 Therefore Simon Peter motions to him, to ask who it is about whom He is speaking?
26 Then ΙΣ answers, “It is he to whom I will dip the morsel and will give him.” Then having dipped the morsel, He takes it and gives it to Judas, son of Simon Iscariot.
29 For some were thinking, since Judas had the money bag, that ΙΣ is saying to him, “Buy what things we have need of for the feast,” or that he should give something to the poor.
36 Simon Peter says to Him, “Lord, where are You going?” ΙΣ answered him, “Where I go, you are not able to follow Me now, but you will follow afterward.”
37 Peter says to Him, “Lord, why am I not able to follow You presently? I will lay down my life for You.”
Chapter 14 ΙΣ Comforts the Disciples
5 Thomas says to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going; how can we know the way?”
8 Philip says to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.”
9 ΙΣ says to him, “Am I with you so long a time, and you have not known Me, Philip? The one having seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
22 Judas (not Iscariot) says to Him, “Lord, then what has occurred, that You are about to manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?”
Chapter 15 ΙΣ the True Vine
Chapter 16 Persecution Foretold
Chapter 17 Prayer for the Son
Chapter 18 The Betrayal of ΙΣ
2 Now Judas, who was delivering Him up, also knew the place, because ΙΣ often gathered together there with His disciples.
3 Therefore Judas, having procured the cohort and officers from the chief priests and from the Pharisees, comes there with lanterns and torches and weapons.
5 They answered Him, “ΙΣ of Nazareth.” He says to them, “I am He.” Now Judas, who is delivering Him up, also had been standing with them.
10 Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his right ear. Now the servant’s name was Malchus.
11 Therefore ΙΣ said to Peter, “Put the sword into the sheath. The cup which the Father has given Me, shall I not drink it?”
15 And Simon Peter and the other disciple were following ΙΣ. Now since that disciple was known to the high priest, he also entered with ΙΣ into the court of the high priest.
16 But Peter stood at the door outside. Therefore the other disciple, who was known to the high priest, went out and spoke to the doorkeeper and brought in Peter.
17 Therefore the servant girl, the doorkeeper, says to Peter, “Are you not also of the disciples of this man?” He says, “I am not.”
18 Now the servants and the officers were standing, having made a fire of coals, for it was cold and they were warming themselves. And Peter was also standing with them and warming himself.
25 Now Simon Peter was standing and warming himself. Therefore they said to him, “Are you not also one of His disciples?” He denied it and said, “I am not.”
26 One of the servants of the high priest, being kinsman of him whose ear Peter had cut off, says, “Did I not see you in the garden with Him?”
27 Then Peter denied it again, and immediately a rooster crowed.
Chapter 19 The Soldiers Mock ΙΣ
Chapter 20 The Resurrection
2 So she runs and comes to Simon Peter and to the other disciple, whom ΙΣ loved, and she says to them, “They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him.”
3 Therefore Peter and the other disciple went forth and were coming to the tomb.
4 Now the two were running together, and the other disciple ran ahead faster than Peter and came to the tomb first.
6 Then Simon Peter also comes, following him, and he entered into the tomb and sees the linen cloths lying there,
24 But Thomas, one of the Twelve, the one called Didymus, was not with them when ΙΣ came.
26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them, the doors having been shut. ΙΣ comes, and He stood in the midst and said, “Peace to you.”
27 Then He says to Thomas, “Bring your finger here, and see My hands; and bring your hand, and put it into My side; and be not unbelieving, but believing.”
28 Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
Chapter 21 ΙΣ Appears at the Sea of Galilee
2 Simon Peter, and Thomas called Didymus, and Nathanael from Cana of Galilee, and the sons of Zebedee, and two others of His disciples were together.
3 Simon Peter says to them, “I am going to fish.” They say to him, “We also are coming with you.” They went forth and went up into the boat, and during that night they caught nothing.
7 Therefore that disciple whom ΙΣ loved says to Peter, “It is the Lord.” So Simon Peter, having heard that it is the Lord, put on the outer garment, (for he was naked), and he cast himself into the sea.
11 Therefore Simon Peter went up and drew the net to the land, full of large fish, a hundred fifty-three. Although there are so many, the net was not torn.
15 Therefore when they had dined, ΙΣ says to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love Me more than these?” He says to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I dearly love You.” He says to him, “Feed My lambs.”
16 He says to him again a second time, “Simon son of John, do you love Me?” He says to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I dearly love You.” He says to him, “Shepherd My sheep.”
17 He says to him the third time, “Simon son of John, do you dearly love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you dearly love Me?” And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I dearly love You.” ΙΣ says to him, “Feed My sheep.
20 Having turned, Peter sees the disciple whom ΙΣ loved following, the one who also had reclined on His bosom at the supper and said, “Lord, who is it who is betraying You?”
21 Therefore having seen him, Peter says to ΙΣ, “Lord, and what about this man?”

BOOK OF Acts
Chapter 1 Prologue
13 And when they had entered, they went up into the upper room, where they were staying, both Peter and John, and James and Andrew, Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew, James son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot, and Judas son of James.
15 And in these days, Peter having stood up in the midst of the brothers, and the number of names was about a hundred twenty together, the same said,
16 “Men, brothers, it was necessary for the Scripture to have been fulfilled which the Holy Spirit spoke beforehand by the mouth of David concerning Judas, the one having become guide to those having arrested ΙΣ.
25 to take the place of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas turned aside to go to the own place.”
Chapter 2 The Holy Spirit at Pentecost
37 And having heard, they were pierced to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Men, brothers, what shall we do?”
38 And Peter says to them, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of ΙΣ ΧΣ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Chapter 3 A Lame Man Walks
1 Now Peter and John were going up into the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth.
3 who having seen Peter and John being about to enter into the temple, was asking to receive alms.
4 Now Peter having looked intently upon him, with John, said, “Look unto us.”
6 But Peter said, “Silver and gold, to me there is none; but what I have, this I give to you: In the name of ΙΣ ΧΣ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!”a
11 Now as he is clinging to Peter and John, all the people ran together to them in the porch called Solomon’s, greatly amazed.
12 But having seen it, Peter answered to the people: “Men of Israel, why do you wonder at this? Or why do you look intently on us as if by our own power or godliness we have made him to walk?
Chapter 4 Peter and John Before the Council
8 Then Peter, having been filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, “Rulers of the people and elders,
13 Now seeing the boldness of Peter and of John, and having understood that they are unschooled and ordinary men, they were astonished. And they recognized them, that they had been with ΙΣ.
19 But Peter and John answering, said to them, “Whether it is right before God to listen to you, rather than God, you must judge.
Chapter 5 Ananias and Sapphira
3 But Peter said, “Ananias, because of why has Satan filled your heart for you to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back from the proceeds of the land?
8 And Peter replied to her, “Tell me if you sold the land for so much?” And she said, “Yes, for so much.”
9 But Peter said to her, “Why is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Behold, the feet of those having buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.”
15 so as even to bring out the sick into the streets, and to put them on cots and mats, that of Peter coming, at least the shadow might envelop some of them.
29 But Peter and the apostles answering said, “It is necessary to obey God rather than men.
37 After this man, Judas the Galilean rose up in the days of the registration and drew away people after him. And he perished, and all, as many as were persuaded by him, were scattered.
Chapter 6 The Choosing of the Seven
5 And the statement was pleasing before the whole multitude. And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas of Antioch, a convert,
Chapter 7 Stephen's Address to the Sanhedrin
Chapter 8 Saul Persecutes the Church
5 Now Philip, having gone down to a city of Samaria, was proclaiming the ΧΣ to them.
6 And the crowds with one accord were giving heed to the things being spoken by Philip in the time for them to hear and to see the signs that he was performing.
9 Now a certain man named Simon had formerly been practicing sorcery in the city and amazing the people of Samaria, declaring himself to be someone great,
12 But when they believed Philip, proclaiming the gospel concerning the kingdom of God and the name of ΙΣ ΧΣ, they were baptized, both men and women.
13 And Simon himself also believed, and having been baptized, was steadfastly continuing with Philip. And beholding the signs and great miracles being performed, he was amazed.
14 Now the apostles in Jerusalem, having heard that Samaria had received the word of God, sent to them Peter and John,
18 Now of Simon having seen that the Spirit was given through the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered to them money,
20 But Peter said to him, “Your silver, may it perish with you, because you thought the gift of God to be obtained by money!
24 And Simon answering said, “You pray earnestly to the Lord on behalf of me, so that nothing of which you have spoken may come upon me.”
26 Now an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip, saying, “Rise up and go toward the south, to the road going down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” (This is the desert road.)
29 And the Spirit said to Philip, “Go near and join yourself to this chariot.”
30 And Philip having run up, heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and said, “Do you then understand what you are reading?”
31 And he said, “How indeed could I be able, unless someone will guide me?” And he invited Philip, having come up, to sit with him.
34 And the eunuch answering said to Philip, “I beseech you, concerning whom does the prophet say this? Concerning himself, or concerning some other?”
35 And Philip, having opened his mouth and having begun from this Scripture, proclaimed the good news to him—ΙΣ.
38 And he commanded the chariot to stop. And they both went down to the water, both Philip and the eunuch, and he baptized him.
39 Now when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord carried away Philip, and the eunuch saw him no longer. For he went his way rejoicing.
40 But Philip was found at Azotus, and passing through, he was proclaiming the gospel to all the towns until his coming to Caesarea.
Chapter 9 The Road to Damascus
11 And the Lord said to him, “Having risen up, go into the street called Straight, and seek in the house of Judas the one of Tarsus named Saul, for behold, he is praying,
32 Now it came to pass that Peter, passing through all quarters, also went down to the saints inhabiting Lydda.
34 And Peter said to him, “Aeneas, ΙΣ ΧΣ heals you; rise up and make the bed for yourself.” And immediately he rose up.
38 Now Lydda being near Joppa, the disciples having heard that Peter is in it, sent two men to him, imploring, “Do not to delay coming to us.”
39 And Peter having risen up, went with them, who having arrived, brought him into the upper room. And all the widows stood by him, weeping and showing the tunics and garments that Dorcas had made, being with them.
40 And Peter having put all outside and having bowed the knees, prayed. And having turned to the body he said, “Tabitha, arise!” And she opened her eyes, and having seen Peter, she sat up.
43 And it came to pass, he stayed many days in Joppa with a certain Simon, a tanner.
Chapter 10 Cornelius Sends for Peter
5 And now send men to Joppa and summon a man named Simon who is called Peter.
6 He lodges with a certain Simon, a tanner whose house is by the sea.”a
9 Now on the next day as these are journeying and are approaching the city, Peter went up on the housetop about the sixth hour to pray.
13 And a voice came to him: “Having risen up, Peter, kill and eat!”
14 But Peter said, “In no way, Lord! For never have I eaten anything common or unclean.”
17 And while Peter was perplexed in himself what the vision that he had seen might be, behold, the men having been sent from Cornelius, having inquired for the house of Simon, stood at the gate.
18 And having called out, they were asking if Simon who is called Peter is lodged here.
19 And of Peter thinking over the vision, the Spirit said to him, “Behold, three men are seeking you.b
21 And Peter, having gone down to the men,c said, “Behold, I am whom you seek; what is the cause for which you are here?”
25 And as Peter was entering, Cornelius, having met him, having fallen at the feet, worshiped him.
26 But Peter lifted him up, saying, “Rise up, I myself am also a man.”
32 Therefore send to Joppa and call for Simon, who is called Peter; He lodges in the house of Simon, a tanner by the sea.’
34 And Peter, having opened the mouth, said, “Of a truth I understand that God is not One who shows partiality,
44 Of Peter still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those hearing the word.
45 And the believers from the circumcision, as many as had come with Peter, were amazed that the gift of the Holy Spirit has been poured out even upon the Gentiles.
46 For they were hearing them speaking in tongues and magnifying God. Then Peter answered,
Chapter 11 Peter's Report at Jerusalem
2 And when Peter went up to Jerusalem, those of the circumcision began contending with him,
4 Now Peter having begun, set forth to them in order, saying,
7 And also I heard a voice saying to me, ‘Having risen up, Peter, kill and eat.’
13 and he related to us how he had seen the angel having stood in his house and having said, ‘Send forth to Joppa, and send for Simon who is called Peter,
16 And I remembered the word of the Lord, how He had said, ‘John indeed baptized with water,a but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’
Chapter 12 James Killed, Peter Imprisoned
2 And he put to death James the brother of John with the sword.
3 And having seen that it is pleasing to the Jews, he proceeded to take Peter also—now these were the days of the Unleavened Bread—
5 So indeed Peter was kept in the prison, but fervent prayer was being made to God by the church concerning him.
6 And when Herod was about to bring him forth, on that night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, having been bound with two chains, and guards before the door were watching the prison.
7 And behold, an angel of the Lord stood by, and a light shone in the cell. And having struck Peter’s side, he woke him up, saying, “Rise up in haste.” And his chains fell off the hands.
11 And having come to himself, Peter said, “Now I know truly that the Lord has sent forth His angel and delivered me out of the hand of Herod and all the expectation of the people of the Jews.”
12 And having considered it, he came to the house of Mary the mother of John, who is called Mark, where there were many having gathered together and praying.
14 And having recognized Peter’s voice, from joy she did not open the gate, but having run in, she reported Peter to be standing before the gate.
16 But Peter continued knocking. And having opened it, they saw him and were amazed.
17 And having made a sign to them with the hand to be silent, he related to them how the Lord had brought him out of the prison. And he said, “Report these things to James and to the brothers.” And having gone out, he went to another place.
18 Now day having come, there was no small disturbance among the soldiers what then has become of Peter.
25 And Barnabas and Saul returned, having fulfilled the mission to Jerusalem,a having taken with them John the one having been called Mark.
Chapter 13 Paul's First Missionary Journey
5 And having come into Salamis, they began proclaiming the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews. And they also had John as a helper.
13 And those around Paul, having sailed from Paphos, came to Perga of Pamphylia. But John, having departed from them, returned to Jerusalem.
Chapter 14 Paul and Barnabas at Iconium
Chapter 15 The Dispute over Circumcision
7 And much discussion having taken place, Peter having risen up, said to them, “Men, brothers, you know that from the early days God chose among you for the Gentiles to hear by my mouth the word of the gospel, and to believe.
13 And after they were silent, James answered, saying, “Men, brothers, hear me.
22 Then it seemed good to the apostles and to the elders, with the whole church, having chosen out from them, to send men to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas: Judas called Barsabbas and Silas, leading men among the brothers,
27 Therefore we have sent Judas and Silas, and they are telling you the same things by word of mouth.
32 Both Judas and Silas, also being prophets themselves, exhorted and strengthened the brothers by much talk.
37 Now Barnabas purposed also to take along John, called Mark.
Chapter 16 Timothy Joins Paul and Silas
Chapter 17 Paul Preaches at Thessalonica
Chapter 18 Paul's Ministry in Corinth
Chapter 19 The Holy Spirit Received at Ephesus
Chapter 20 Paul in Macedonia and Greece
Chapter 21 Paul's Journey to Jerusalem
8 And having gone forth on the next day, we came to Caesarea, and having entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, being of the seven, we stayed with him.
18 And on the following day, Paul went in with us unto James, and all the elders arrived.
Chapter 22 Paul's Defense to the Crowd
Chapter 23 Paul Before the Sanhedrin
Chapter 24 Tertullus Prosecutes Paul
Chapter 25 Paul's Trial Before Festus
Chapter 26 Paul's Testimony to Agrippa
Chapter 27 Paul Sails for Rome
Chapter 28 Ashore on Malta

BOOK OF Romans
(NOTHING: saving space here)

BOOK OF 1 Corinthians
Chapter 1 Greetings from Paul
Chapter 2 Paul's Message by the Spirit's Power
Chapter 3 God's Fellow Workers
Chapter 4 Servants of ΧΣ
Chapter 5 Immorality Rebuked
Chapter 6 Lawsuits among Believers
Chapter 7 Principles of Marriage
Chapter 8 Food Sacrificed to Idols
Chapter 9 The Rights of an Apostle
Chapter 10 Warnings from Israel's Past
Chapter 11 Roles in Worship
Chapter 12 Spiritual Gifts
Chapter 13 Love
Chapter 14 Prophecy and Tongues
Chapter 15 The Resurrection of ΧΣ
7 Then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles.
Chapter 16 The Collection for the Saints

BOOK OF 2 Corinthians

BOOK OF Galatians
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to the Galatians
19 But I saw none of the other apostles, only James, the Lord’s brother.
Chapter 2 The Council at Jerusalem
7 But on the contrary, having seen that I have been entrusted with the gospel of the uncircumcisiona just as Peter of the circumcisionb—
8 for the One having worked in Peter for apostleship of the circumcision, did also in me toward the Gentiles—
9 and having recognized the grace having been given to me, James and Cephasc and John, those esteemed to be pillars, gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles, but they to the circumcision,
12 For before certain ones came from James, he had been eating with the Gentiles. But when they came, he was drawing back and was separating himself, being afraid of those of the circumcision.
14 But when I saw that they are not walking in line according to the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before all, “If you being a Jew live like a Gentile, and not like a Jew, why do you compel the Gentiles to Judaize?
Chapter 3 Faith and Belief
Chapter 4 Sons and Heirs
Chapter 5 Freedom in ΧΣ
Chapter 6 Carry One Another's Burdens

BOOK OF Ephesians

BOOK OF Philippians

BOOK OF Colossians

BOOK OF 1 Thessalonians

BOOK OF 2 Thessalonians

BOOK OF 1 Timothy

BOOK OF 2 Timothy

BOOK OF Titus

BOOK OF Philemon
Chapter 1 Greetings from Paul and Timothy

BOOK OF Hebrews

BOOK OF James
Chapter 1 Greetings from James
1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord ΙΣ ΧΣ, To the twelve tribes in the Dispersion: Greetings.
Chapter 2 A Warning against Favoritism
Chapter 3 Taming the Tongue
Chapter 4 Warning against Pride
Chapter 5 Warning to the Rich

BOOK OF 1 Peter
Chapter 1 Greetings from Peter
1 Peter, an apostle of ΙΣ ΧΣ, To the elect sojourners of the dispersion of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
Chapter 2 The Lord is Good
Chapter 3 Wives and Husbands
Chapter 4 Living for God's Glory
Chapter 5 Instructions to Elders

BOOK OF 2 Peter
Chapter 1 Greetings from Peter
1 Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of ΙΣ ΧΣ, To those having obtained a faith equally precious with ours, through the righteousness of our God and Savior ΙΣ ΧΣ:
Chapter 2 Deliverance from False Prophets
Chapter 3 The Coming Judgment

BOOK OF 1 John

BOOK OF 2 John
Chapter 1 Greeting from the Elder

BOOK OF 3 John
Chapter 1 Greeting to Gaius from the Elder

BOOK OF Jude
Chapter 1 Greetings from Jude
1 Jude, a servant of ΙΣ ΧΣ, and brother of James, To those called, having been loved in God the Father and having been kept in ΙΣ ΧΣ.

BOOK OF Revelation
Chapter 1 Prologue
1 The revelation of ΙΣ ΧΣ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants what things it behooves to take place in quickness. And He signified it through having sent His angel to His servant, John,
4 John, To the seven churches in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him being and who was and who is coming, and from the seven Spiritsa before His throne,
9 I John, your brother and fellow-partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance in ΙΣ, was in the island called Patmos on account of the word of God and the testimony of ΙΣ.
Chapter 2 To the Church in Ephesus
Chapter 3 To the Church in Sardis
Chapter 4 The Throne in Heaven
Chapter 5 The Scroll with Seven Seals
Chapter 6 The First Seal: The White Horse
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 The Seventh Seal
Chapter 9 The Fifth Trumpet
Chapter 10 The Angel and the Small Scroll
Chapter 11 The Two Witnesses
Chapter 12 The Woman and the Dragon
Chapter 13 The Beast from the Sea
Chapter 14 The Lamb and the 144,000
Chapter 15 The Song of Moses and the Lamb
Chapter 16 The First Six Bowls of Wrath
Chapter 17 The Woman on the Beast
Chapter 18 Babylon is Fallen
Chapter 19 Rejoicing in Heaven
Chapter 20 Satan Bound
Chapter 21 A New Heaven and a New Earth
Chapter 22 The River of Life
8 And I, John, am the one hearing and seeing these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel showing these things me.