Biblical academic: it's just a religion really

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
mlinssen

Re: Biblical academic: it's just a religion really

Post by mlinssen »

Ulan wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:44 am
mlinssen wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:56 am John invents the dove, and focuses on where the Spirit comes from: heaven (which I think is a redaction, as I would expect it to say heavens at the very least), and that it remains with IS. Mark takes that goal and implements it via the means of baptism, and thence changes it into something that physically enters IS, because he needs to have it ex-spirited again at his death, so he can reuse it after the resurrection and pass the ball to Paul who doesn't talk about a living IS, but a dead IS: XS is his pet, the XS that equals the Spirit
Well, that's your interpretation. I consider gJohn a commentary on the synoptics. Some of the sentences in there only make sense that way.
Well, that's your interpretation. John makes perfect sense when you squeeze him in between Thomas and *Ev, and discard all the Judaisation
mlinssen wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:56 am This is not an action by IS though, nor does it have anything to do with the observance of Judaic habits
You are shifting the goalposts.
I certainly am not, the OP ended with this:
mlinssen wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:03 am Yes, there are tons of words in the NT that allege Judeo-Christian connections, but how many actions attest to that?
This scene in gMark could also be from the OT. It's completely compatible with OT concepts and works inside the framework that is set up by the OT.
Really? The Holy Spirit entering someone lile a dove, triggered by baptising someone in the Jordan? "completely compatible with OT concepts and works inside the framework that is set up by the OT" you say?
The contention from the Jewish side was over JC's failure, which disqualified him from being a messiah figure. Simon bar Kokhba was a messiah until he failed.
Now you are conflating fictional fiction with non-fiction fiction: neither of the above is in the NT in any way, and you are drifting off-topic fast
mlinssen wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:56 am This (plucking) is an action, yet not by IS, that does have something to do with the observance of Judaic habits. IS supports it, and as such this is an anti-Judaic action.
"Love thy neighbour"? Not the first commandment, so in essence this also is anti-Judaic behaviour.
Nope, both of those are Torah laws, so as Judaic as it gets. The Torah contains more than just the first commandment.
Plucking grain on a Sabbath is Torah law? Wow, I learned something new!
mlinssen wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:56 am Luke is *Ev redacted, that is impossible to refute. Proving that *Ev is Thomas / John redacted is a whole lot trickier, so I am currently focusing all in logion 47, the piece de resistance of Chrestianity / *Ev.
Luke is directed at the Chrestian audience, and all of its messages are aimed at toning them down, watering down their content, yet also at changing their behaviour. They are told to be poor, meek, and giving above any other gospel's message
No problem with this. Today's gLuke is a Catholic redaction, addressing a Roman audience.
No it isn't, I was talking about today's Luke. Why would the Romans be addressed to be poor, meek, giving and all that jazz?
mlinssen wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:56 am The resurrection was invented by Mark, and not present before his text. It got added to John, so that we now have a John with a resurrection - which evidently fits within the fout-fold gospel collection as it literally "closes the book" on it (credits due to Geoff Price for that)
Here it gets into speculation territory, but that sounds like reasonable speculation. Of course, as gMark doesn't contain a resurrection scene, it also leaves room for other interpretations.
Mark most certainly does contain a resurrection scene, the angel tells the bloody women so, and he makes them privvy of private communication as a demonstration of his inside knowledge. You are brainwashed to expect the full Monty, but it is evidently clear (LOL) to all that IS is alive and well, risen from the grave as predicted, but no one ever went for a second opinion.
Which makes one ponder, doesn't it? I mean we have THREE passion predictions, and beside the bloody Chrestian women no one ever went to check on the tomb? After three days? I mean really, with all the passion predictions ruminated and repeated ad nauseam, it is pretty much a given that Geewsus res-erects, isn't it?
mlinssen wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:56 am They happened, but none of that is relevant to the NT, or to this topic. Can you not just show me at least one tiny pro-Judaic action by IS, so that we soothe ourselves with the illusion that he was Judaic in any way?
I did. Your answers were baseless rejections. There isn't one singular "Judaic way". There never was.
I'll take your silence as evidence, okay?
mlinssen wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:56 am I can only guess that your concern is with the Judaism aspect that I now raise, and my concise claim that "Chrestianity + Judaism = Christianity", asserting that all the Judaism in the NT consists of mere feeble fantasies by people almost entirely unfamiliar with Judaism?

Simply strip all the Judaisation from the NT, and what remains is Chrestianity (plus a tiny bit of bullshit bingo) - it's as simple as that
Well, if you think the Torah is a Christian work they somehow forced on Jews, that's on you.

Anyway, it looks as if I'm arguing against some rather idiosyncratic definitions here. Not much basis for a fruitful discussion then.
Ah we got this far Ulan, thanks for that. Allow me to summarise:

1. You haven't been able to provide one single pro-Judaic action by Jesus (or his disciples, for that matter)
whereas the OP ended with rather screaming letters that say:
Yes, there are tons of words in the NT that allege Judeo-Christian connections, but how many actions attest to that?

I can bullshit about and spend more text on repeating what you alleged, but this is it: 0 is your implicit answer, you likely confused deeds with actions, and wanted to count the baptism of Jesus where the Holy Spirit enters him as something "completely compatible with OT concepts and works inside the framework that is set up by the OT".
I appreciate your efforts, Ulan. And it is evident that they fall short
Ulan

Post by Ulan »

Yes, words are important. If you use other definitions than the common ones, you have to explain yourself.
Anyway, I'll keep this reasonably short.
mlinssen wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:03 am Really? The Holy Spirit entering someone lile a dove, triggered by baptising someone in the Jordan? "completely compatible with OT concepts and works inside the framework that is set up by the OT" you say?
The details differ somewhat, but the principle is kept, yes. I mentioned several examples. Here's one of the David stories (1 Sam 16, NRSV):
"12 He sent and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and had beautiful eyes, and was handsome. The Lord said, “Rise and anoint him; for this is the one.” 13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the presence of his brothers; and the spirit of the Lord came mightily upon David from that day forward."
That this spirit business was seen as a physical thing becomes clear from the next verse:
"14 Now the spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord tormented him."
Mikvoth only became a thing at the beginning of the 1st century BC.

Further, compare Kyros (Isaiah 44, NRSV): "45 Thus says the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have grasped to subdue nations before him and strip kings of their robes, to open doors before him—and the gates shall not be closed: 2 I will go before you and level the mountains"

You can look for the instances where the anointed of God are called his sons yourself.
mlinssen wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:03 am Plucking grain on a Sabbath is Torah law? Wow, I learned something new!
Plucking grain is part of the charity laws in the Torah. This law doesn't come with any other restriction than that you are not allowed to take more than what is needed to satisfy your hunger. To quote (Deut 23, NRSV):
"24 If you go into your neighbor’s vineyard, you may eat your fill of grapes, as many as you wish, but you shall not put any in a container.
25 If you go into your neighbor’s standing grain, you may pluck the ears with your hand, but you shall not put a sickle to your neighbor’s standing grain."
This is part of the discussion between Jewish schools of thought, as the law doesn't cover all cases, which leads to disagreements.
mlinssen wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:03 am 1. You haven't been able to provide one single pro-Judaic action by Jesus (or his disciples, for that matter)
Oh right, except this whole "following the path of prophecies, get yourself killed to call down God's army from heaven to have judgment day over Israel's enemies" thing. Yeah, no actions. Nothing to see here...

Whatever.
robert j

Post by robert j »

mlinssen wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:03 am
… the OP ended with rather screaming letters that say:

Yes, there are tons of words in the NT that allege Judeo-Christian connections, but how many actions attest to that?

A NT action by a JC figure with a Judeo-Christian connection ---

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us—for it has been written: “Cursed is everyone hanging on a tree” (Galatians 3:13, drawing on Deuteronomy 21:23)

GakuseiDon

Post by GakuseiDon »

mlinssen wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:39 am
GakuseiDon wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:48 amIn gMatthew, Jesus says:

22:36 “Teacher, which commandment is the greatest in the Law?”
37 Jesus declared, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
38 This is the first and greatest commandment.…

This comes from Deuteronomy 6:5

And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

What could be more Jewish than that?
The greatest Judaic commandment naturally is the first commandment, Don:

"I am the Lord thy God", under the Talmudic division of the third-century Jewish Talmud - which isn't much of a commandment really, hence why the Samaritans claim precedence:

"You shall have no other gods before me"

(Exodus 20:2)
You mean, only a non-Jewish person would quote Deut 6:5 as the Hebrew God's greatest commandment? :confusedsmiley: I don't think that position makes much sense, I'm afraid. What is the point of your response with relation to Judaism?

I think you are confusing two things: pro-Jewish and pro-Jewish elite. The Jesus of the Gospels was against the elites. He went into the Temple grounds and railed against the corruption of the elites. According to gLuke, the archons ended up crucifying him.

But being against the Jewish elites didn't mean not being Jewish. James and Peter were apparently observant Jews who believed that the Christ of the Hebrew Scriptures had been manifested, thus showing Christianity's Jewish roots. Paul thought the same, but for Paul, a Jewish man, this ushered in a new revelation of Judaism, one which included the Gentiles. Thus the gradual disconnect of Christianity from its Jewish roots.
mlinssen

Re: Biblical academic: it's just a religion really. Anointing? Either priests or kings

Post by mlinssen »

The "anoint" verses in the LXX / OT are alright, yet of three different types.

A. Anointing as a means to consecrate priests, or to cleanse objects of worship:

Exod 28:41 After you put [these garments] on your brother Aaron and his sons, anoint them, ordain them, and consecrate them so that they may serve Me as priests .

Exod 29:7 Then take the anointing oil and anoint him by pouring it on his head.

Exod 29:36 Sacrifice a bull as a sin offering each day for atonement. Purify the altar by making atonement for it, and anoint it to consecrate it.

Exod 30:26 Use [this oil] to anoint the Tent of Meeting, the Ark of the Testimony,

Exod 30:30 Anoint Aaron and his sons and consecrate them to serve Me as priests.

Exod 30:32 It must not be used to anoint an ordinary man, and you must not make anything like it with the same formula. It is holy, and it must be holy to you.

Exod 40:9 Take the anointing oil and anoint the tabernacle and everything in it; consecrate it along with all its furnishings, and it shall be holy.

Exod 40:10 Anoint the altar of burnt offering and all its utensils; consecrate the altar, and it shall be most holy.

Exod 40:11 Anoint the basin and its stand and consecrate them.

Exod 40:13 And you are to clothe Aaron with the holy garments, anoint him, and consecrate him, so that he may serve Me as a priest .

Exod 40:15 Anoint them just as you anointed their father, so that they may also serve Me as priests . Their anointing will qualify them for a perpetual priesthood throughout their generations.”

Deut 28:40 You will have olive trees throughout your territory, but you will never anoint yourself with oil, because the olives will drop off.

B. Anointing as a means to consecrate kings:

Judg 9:8 One day the trees set out to anoint a king for themselves. They said to the olive tree, ‘Reign over us.’

1Sam 9:16 “At this time tomorrow I will send you a man from the land of Benjamin, and you are to anoint him leader over My people Israel; he will deliver them from the hand of the Philistines. For I have looked upon My people, because their cry has come to Me.”

1Sam 15:1 Then Samuel said to Saul, “The LORD sent me to anoint you king over His people Israel. Now therefore, listen to the words of the LORD.

1Sam 16:3 Then invite Jesse to the sacrifice, and I will show you what you are to do. You are to anoint for Me the one I indicate.”

1Sam 16:12 So Jesse sent for [his youngest son] and brought him in. He [was] ruddy, with beautiful eyes and a handsome appearance. And the LORD said, “Rise [and] anoint him, for he is the one.”

2Sam 14:2 So Joab sent to Tekoa to bring a wise woman from there. He told her, “Please pretend to be a mourner; put on clothes for mourning and do not anoint yourself with oil. Act like a woman who has mourned for the dead a long time.

1Kgs 1:34 There Zadok the priest and Nathan the prophet are to anoint him king over Israel. You are to blow the trumpet and declare, ‘Long live King Solomon!’

1Kgs 19:15 Then the LORD said to him, “Go back by the way you came, to the Desert of Damascus. When you arrive, you are to anoint Hazael as king over Aram.

1Kgs 19:16 You are also to anoint Jehu son of Nimshi as king over Israel and Elisha son of Shaphat from Abel-meholah to succeed you as prophet.

2Kgs 9:3 Then take the flask of oil, pour it on his head, and declare, ‘This is what the LORD says: I anoint you king over Israel.’ Then open the door and run. Do not delay!”

2Kgs 9:6 So Jehu got up and went into the house, where the young prophet poured the oil on his head and declared , “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘I anoint you king over the LORD’s people Israel.

2Kgs 9:12 “That is a lie!” they said. “Tell us!” So Jehu answered, “He talked to me about this and that, and he said, ‘This is what the LORD says: I anoint you king over Israel.’”

Ps 23:5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are decreed for your people and your holy city to stop their transgression, to put an end to sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the Most Holy Place.

Dan 10:3 I ate no rich food, no meat or wine entered my mouth, and I did not anoint myself with oil until the three weeks were completed.

Amos 6:6 You drink wine by the bowlful and anoint yourselves with the finest oils, but you fail to grieve over the ruin of Joseph.

Mic 6:15 You will sow but not reap; you will press olives but not anoint yourselves with oil; you will tread grapes but not drink the wine.

And then there's some casual remarks, a handful, that are different. Yet anointing is for priests according to Exodus, and the books of Kings and Samuel apply it to kings alone - and Judges pitches in with one single verse there
mlinssen

Re: Biblical academic: it's just a religion really. Anointing? Either priests or kings

Post by mlinssen »

mlinssen wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:33 pm The "anoint" verses in the LXX / OT are alright, yet of three different types.
Strike that please - completely wrong, apologies. Here's the full set of 136 verses with the word 'anoint*':

Gen 31:13 I am the God of Bethel, where you anointed the pillar and made a solemn vow to Me. Now get up and leave this land {at once} , and return to your native land.’”
ἐγώ εἰμι ὁ θεὸς ὁ ὀφθείς σοι ἐν τόπῳ θεοῦ, οὗ ἤλειψάς μοι ἐκεῖ στήλην καὶ ηὔξω μοι ἐκεῖ εὐχήν· νῦν οὖν ἀνάστηθι καὶ ἔξελθε ἐκ τῆς γῆς ταύτης καὶ ἄπελθε εἰς τὴν γῆν τῆς γενέσεώς σου, καὶ ἔσομαι μετὰ σοῦ.

Gen 35:14 So Jacob set up a pillar in the place where [God] had spoken to him— a stone marker— and he poured out a drink offering on it and anointed it with oil.
καὶ ἔστησεν Ιακωβ στήλην ἐν τῷ τόπῳ, ᾧ ἐλάλησεν μετ' αὐτοῦ, στήλην λιθίνην, καὶ ἔσπεισεν ἐπ' αὐτὴν σπονδὴν καὶ ἐπέχεεν ἐπ' αὐτὴν ἔλαιον.

Exod 25:6 oil for lighting; spices for the anointing oil and for the fragrant incense;

Exod 28:41 After you put [these garments] on your brother Aaron and his sons, anoint them, ordain them, and consecrate them so that they may serve Me as priests .
καὶ ἐνδύσεις αὐτὰ Ααρων τὸν ἀδελφόν σου καὶ τοὺς υἱοὺς αὐτοῦ μετ' αὐτοῦ· καὶ χρίσεις αὐτοὺς καὶ ἐμπλήσεις αὐτῶν τὰς χεῖρας καὶ ἁγιάσεις αὐτούς, ἵνα ἱερατεύωσίν μοι.

Exod 29:2 along with unleavened bread, unleavened cakes mixed with oil, and unleavened wafers anointed with oil. Make them out of fine wheat flour,
καὶ ἄρτους ἀζύμους πεφυραμένους ἐν ἐλαίῳ καὶ λάγανα ἄζυμα κεχριστμένα ἐν ἐλαίῳ· σεμίδαλιν ἐκ πυρῶν ποιήσεις αὐτά.

Exod 29:7 Then take the anointing oil and anoint him by pouring it on his head.
καὶ λήμψῃ τοῦ ἐλαίου τοῦ χρίσματος καὶ ἐπιχεεῖς αὐτὸ ἐπὶ τὴν κεφαλὴν αὐτοῦ καὶ χρίσεις αὐτόν.

Exod 29:21 And take some of the blood on the altar and some of the anointing oil and sprinkle [it] on Aaron and his garments, as well as on his sons and their garments. Then he and his garments will be consecrated, as well as his sons and their garments.
καὶ λήμψῃ ἀπὸ τοῦ αἵματος τοῦ ἀπὸ τοῦ θυσιαστηρίου καὶ ἀπὸ τοῦ ἐλαίου τῆς χρίσεως καὶ ῥανεῖς ἐπὶ Ααρων καὶ ἐπὶ τὴν στολὴν αὐτοῦ καὶ ἐπὶ τοὺς υἱοὺς αὐτοῦ, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰς στολὰς τῶν υἱῶν αὐτοῦ μετ' αὐτοῦ καὶ ἁγιασθήσεται αὐτὸς καὶ η στολη αὐτοῦ και οι υιοι αὐτοῦ· και αἱ στολαὶ τῶν υἱῶν αυτου μετ' αυτου τὸ δὲ αἷμα τοῦ κριοῦ προσχεεῖς πρὸς τὸ θυσιαστήριον κύκλῳ.

Exod 29:29 The holy garments that belong to Aaron will belong to his sons after him, so they can be anointed and ordained in them.
καὶ ἡ στολὴ τοῦ ἁγίου, ἥ ἐστιν Ααρων, ἔσται τοῖς υἱοῖς αὐτοῦ μετ' αὐτόν, χριστθῆναι αὐτοὺς ἐν αὐτοῖς καὶ τελειῶσαι τὰς χεῖρας αὐτῶν.

Exod 29:36 Sacrifice a bull as a sin offering each day for atonement. Purify the altar by making atonement for it, and anoint it to consecrate it.
καὶ τὸ μοσχάριον τῆς ἁμαρτίας ποιήσεις τῇ ἡμέρᾳ τοῦ καθαρισμοῦ καὶ καθαριεῖς τὸ θυσιαστήριον ἐν τῷ ἁγιάζειν σε ἐπ' αὐτῷ καὶ χρίσεις αὐτὸ ὥστε ἁγιάσαι αὐτό.

Exod 30:25 Prepare from these a holy anointing oil, a fragrant blend, the work of a perfumer; it will be a holy anointing oil.
καὶ ποιήσεις αὐτὸ ἔλαιον χρῖσμα ἅγιον, μύρον μυρεψικὸν τέχνῃ μυρεψοῦ· ἔλαιον χρῖσμα ἅγιον ἔσται.

Exod 30:26 Use [this oil] to anoint the Tent of Meeting, the Ark of the Testimony,
καὶ χρίσεις ἐξ αὐτοῦ τὴν σκηνὴν τοῦ μαρτυρίου καὶ τὴν κιβωτὸν τοῦ μαρτυρίου

Exod 30:30 anoint Aaron and his sons and consecrate them to serve Me as priests.
καὶ Ααρων καὶ τοὺς υἱοὺς αὐτοῦ χρίσεις καὶ ἁγιάσεις αὐτοὺς ἱερατεύειν μοι.

Exod 30:31 And you are to tell the Israelites, ‘This will be My sacred anointing oil for the generations to come.
καὶ τοῖς υἱοῖς Ισραηλ λαλήσεις λέγων Ἔλαιον ἄλειμμα χρίσεως ἅγιον ἔσται τοῦτο ὑμῖν εἰς τὰς γενεὰς ὑμῶν.

Exod 30:32 It must not be used to anoint an ordinary man, and you must not make anything like it with the same formula. It is holy, and it must be holy to you.
ἐπὶ σάρκα ἀνθρώπου οὐ χριστθήσεται, καὶ κατὰ τὴν σύνθεσιν ταύτην οὐ ποιήσετε ὑμῖν ἑαυτοῖς ὡσαύτως· ἅγιόν ἐστιν καὶ ἁγίασμα ἔσται ὑμῖν.

Exod 31:11 in addition to the anointing oil and fragrant incense for the Holy Place. They are to make them according to all that I have commanded you.”
καὶ τὸ ἔλαιον τῆς χρίσεως καὶ τὸ θυμίαμα τῆς συνθέσεως τοῦ ἁγίου· κατὰ πάντα, ὅσα ἐγὼ ἐνετειλάμην σοι, ποιήσουσιν.

Exod 35:8 of olive oil for the light and spices for the anointing oil and for the fragrant incense,

Exod 35:15 the altar of incense with its poles; the anointing oil and fragrant incense; the curtain for the doorway at the entrance to the tabernacle;

Exod 35:28 as well as spices and olive oil for the light, for the anointing oil, and for the fragrant incense.
καὶ τὰς συνθέσεις καὶ τὸ ἔλαιον τῆς χρίσεως καὶ τὴν σύνθεσιν τοῦ θυμιάματος.

Exod 37:29 He also made the sacred anointing oil and the pure, fragrant incense, [the work] of a perfumer.
οὗτος ἐποίησεν τὸ ἔλαιον τῆς χρίσεως τὸ ἅγιον καὶ τὴν σύνθεσιν τοῦ θυμιάματος, καθαρὸν ἔργον μυρεψοῦ.

Exod 39:38 the gold altar, the anointing oil, the fragrant incense, and the curtain for the entrance to the tent;
καὶ τὸ θυσιαστήριον καὶ πάντα τὰ σκεύη αὐτοῦ καὶ τὸ ἔλαιον τῆς χρίσεως καὶ τὸ θυμίαμα τῆς συνθέσεως

Exod 40:9 Take the anointing oil and anoint the tabernacle and everything in it; consecrate it along with all its furnishings, and it shall be holy.
καὶ λήμψῃ τὸ ἔλαιον τοῦ χρίσματος καὶ χρίσεις τὴν σκηνὴν καὶ πάντα τὰ ἐν αὐτῇ καὶ ἁγιάσεις αὐτὴν καὶ πάντα τὰ σκεύη αὐτῆς, καὶ ἔσται ἁγία.

Exod 40:10 anoint the altar of burnt offering and all its utensils; consecrate the altar, and it shall be most holy.
καὶ χρίσεις τὸ θυσιαστήριον τῶν καρπωμάτων καὶ πάντα αὐτοῦ τὰ σκεύη καὶ ἁγιάσεις τὸ θυσιαστήριον, καὶ ἔσται τὸ θυσιαστήριον ἅγιον τῶν ἁγίων.

Exod 40:11 anoint the basin and its stand and consecrate them.

Exod 40:13 And you are to clothe Aaron with the holy garments, anoint him, and consecrate him, so that he may serve Me as a priest .
καὶ ἐνδύσεις Ααρων τὰς στολὰς τὰς ἁγίας καὶ χρίσεις αὐτὸν καὶ ἁγιάσεις αὐτόν, καὶ ἱερατεύσει μοι·

Exod 40:15 anoint them just as you anointed their father, so that they may also serve Me as priests . Their anointing will qualify them for a perpetual priesthood throughout their generations.”
καὶ ἀλείψεις αὐτούς, ὃν τρόπον ἤλειψας τὸν πατέρα αὐτῶν, καὶ ἱερατεύσουσίν μοι· καὶ ἔσται ὥστε εἶναι αὐτοῖς χρῖσμα ἱερατείας εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα εἰς τὰς γενεὰς αὐτῶν.

Lev 4:3 If the anointed priest sins, bringing guilt on the people, he must bring to the LORD a young bull without blemish as a sin offering for the sin he has committed.
ἐὰν μὲν ὁ ἀρχιερεὺς ὁ κεχριστμένος ἁμάρτῃ τοῦ τὸν λαὸν ἁμαρτεῖν, καὶ προσάξει περὶ τῆς ἁμαρτίας αὐτοῦ, ἧς ἥμαρτεν, μόσχον ἐκ βοῶν ἄμωμον τῷ κυρίῳ περὶ τῆς ἁμαρτίας αὐτοῦ.

Lev 4:5 Then the anointed priest shall take some of the bull’s blood and bring it into the Tent of Meeting.
καὶ λαβὼν ὁ ἱερεὺς ὁ χρισττὸς ὁ τετελειωμένος τὰς χεῖρας ἀπὸ τοῦ αἵματος τοῦ μόσχου καὶ εἰσοίσει αὐτὸ ἐπὶ τὴν σκηνὴν τοῦ μαρτυρίου·

Lev 4:16 Then the anointed priest is to bring some of the bull’s blood into the Tent of Meeting,
καὶ εἰσοίσει ὁ ἱερεὺς ὁ χρισττὸς ἀπὸ τοῦ αἵματος τοῦ μόσχου εἰς τὴν σκηνὴν τοῦ μαρτυρίου·

Lev 6:20 “This is the offering that Aaron and his sons must present to the LORD on the day he is anointed: a tenth of an ephah of fine flour as a regular grain offering, half of it in the morning and half in the evening.
Τοῦτο τὸ δῶρον Ααρων καὶ τῶν υἱῶν αὐτοῦ, ὃ προσοίσουσιν κυρίῳ ἐν τῇ ἡμέρᾳ, ᾗ ἂν χρίσῃς αὐτόν· τὸ δέκατον τοῦ οιφι σεμιδάλεως εἰς θυσίαν διὰ παντός, τὸ ἥμισυ αὐτῆς τὸ πρωῒ καὶ τὸ ἥμισυ αὐτῆς τὸ δειλινόν.

Lev 6:22 The priest, who is one of Aaron’s sons and will be anointed to take his place, is to prepare it. As a permanent portion for the LORD, it must be completely burned.
ὁ ἱερεὺς ὁ χρισττὸς ἀντ αὐτοῦ ἐκ τῶν υἱῶν αὐτοῦ ποιήσει αὐτήν· νόμος αἰώνιος, ἅπαν ἐπιτελεσθήσεται.

Lev 7:36 On the day they were anointed, the LORD commanded that this be given them by the sons of Israel. It is a permanent portion for the generations to come.
καθὰ ἐνετείλατο κύριος δοῦναι αὐτοῖς ᾗ ἡμέρᾳ ἔχριστεν αὐτούς, παρὰ τῶν υἱῶν Ισραηλ· νόμιμον αἰώνιον εἰς τὰς γενεὰς αὐτῶν.

Lev 8:2 “Take Aaron and his sons, their garments, the anointing oil, the bull of the sin offering, the two rams, and the basket of unleavened bread,
Λαβὲ Ααρων καὶ τοὺς υἱοὺς αὐτοῦ καὶ τὰς στολὰς αὐτοῦ καὶ τὸ ἔλαιον τῆς χρίσεως καὶ τὸν μόσχον τὸν περὶ τῆς ἁμαρτίας καὶ τοὺς δύο κριοὺς καὶ τὸ κανοῦν τῶν ἀζύμων

Lev 8:10 Next, Moses took the anointing oil and anointed the tabernacle and everything in it; and so he consecrated them.
καὶ ἔλαβεν Μωϋσῆς ἀπὸ τοῦ ἐλαίου τῆς χρίσεως

Lev 8:11 He sprinkled some of the oil on the altar seven times, anointing the altar and all its utensils, and the basin with its stand, to consecrate them.
καὶ ἔρρανεν ἀπ' αὐτοῦ ἐπὶ τὸ θυσιαστήριον ἑπτάκις καὶ ἔχριστεν τὸ θυσιαστήριον καὶ ἡγίασεν αὐτὸ καὶ πάντα τὰ σκεύη αὐτοῦ καὶ τὸν λουτῆρα καὶ τὴν βάσιν αὐτοῦ καὶ ἡγίασεν αὐτά· καὶ εχριστεν την σκηνην και παντα τα εν αυτη και ἡγίασεν αὐτήν.

Lev 8:12 He also poured some of the anointing oil on Aaron’s head and anointed him to consecrate him.
καὶ ἐπέχεεν Μωϋσῆς ἀπὸ τοῦ ἐλαίου τῆς χρίσεως ἐπὶ τὴν κεφαλὴν Ααρων καὶ ἔχριστεν αὐτὸν καὶ ἡγίασεν αὐτόν.

Lev 8:30 Moses next took some of the anointing oil and some of the blood that was on the altar and sprinkled them on Aaron and his garments, and on his sons and their garments. So he consecrated Aaron and his garments, as well as his sons and their garments.
καὶ ἔλαβεν Μωϋσῆς ἀπὸ τοῦ ἐλαίου τῆς χρίσεως καὶ ἀπὸ τοῦ αἵματος τοῦ ἐπὶ τοῦ θυσιαστηρίου καὶ προσέρρανεν ἐπὶ Ααρων καὶ τὰς στολὰς αὐτοῦ καὶ τοὺς υἱοὺς αὐτοῦ καὶ τὰς στολὰς τῶν υἱῶν αὐτοῦ μετ' αὐτοῦ καὶ ἡγίασεν ααρων καὶ τὰς στολὰς αὐτοῦ και τους υιους αὐτοῦ. και τας στολας τῶν υἱῶν αυτου μετ' αυτου

Lev 10:7 You shall not go outside the entrance to the Tent of Meeting, or you will die, for the LORD’s anointing oil is on you.” So they did as Moses instructed.
καὶ ἀπὸ τῆς θύρας τῆς σκηνῆς τοῦ μαρτυρίου οὐκ ἐξελεύσεσθε, ἵνα μὴ ἀποθάνητε· τὸ γὰρ ἔλαιον τῆς χρίσεως τὸ παρὰ κυρίου ἐφ' ὑμῖν. καὶ ἐποίησαν κατὰ τὸ ῥῆμα Μωυσῆ.

Lev 16:32 The priest who is anointed and ordained to succeed his father {as high priest} shall make atonement. He will put on the sacred linen garments
ἐξιλάσεται ὁ ἱερεύς, ὃν ἂν χρίσωσιν αὐτὸν καὶ ὃν ἂν τελειώσουσιν τὰς χεῖρας αὐτοῦ ἱερατεύειν μετὰ τὸν πατέρα αὐτοῦ, καὶ ἐνδύσεται τὴν στολὴν τὴν λινῆν, στολὴν ἁγίαν,

Lev 21:10 The priest who is highest among his brothers, who has had the anointing oil poured on his head and has been ordained to wear the priestly garments, must not dishevel his hair or tear his garments.
καὶ ὁ ἱερεὺς ὁ μέγας ἀπὸ τῶν ἀδελφῶν αὐτοῦ, τοῦ ἐπικεχυμένου ἐπὶ τὴν κεφαλὴν τοῦ ἐλαίου τοῦ χρισττοῦ καὶ τετελειωμένου ἐνδύσασθαι τὰ ἱμάτια, τὴν κεφαλὴν οὐκ ἀποκιδαρώσει Καὶ τὰ ἱμάτια οὐ διαρρήξει

Lev 21:12 He must not leave or desecrate the sanctuary of his God, for the consecration of the anointing oil of his God is on him. I am the LORD.
καὶ ἐκ τῶν ἁγίων οὐκ ἐξελεύσεται καὶ οὐ βεβηλώσει τὸ ἡγιασμένον τοῦ θεοῦ αὐτοῦ, ὅτι τὸ ἅγιον ἔλαιον τὸ χρισττὸν τοῦ θεοῦ ἐπ' αὐτῷ· ἐγὼ κύριος.

Num 3:3 These [were] Aaron’s sons, the anointed priests, who were ordained to serve as priests.
ταῦτα τὰ ὀνόματα τῶν υἱῶν Ααρων, οἱ ἱερεῖς οἱ ἠλειμμένοι, οὓς ἐτελείωσαν τὰς χεῖρας αὐτῶν ἱερατεύειν.

Num 4:16 Eleazar son of Aaron the priest shall oversee the oil for the light, the fragrant incense, the daily grain offering, and the anointing oil. He has oversight of the entire tabernacle and everything in it, including the holy objects and their utensils.”
ἐπίσκοπος Ελεαζαρ υἱὸς Ααρων τοῦ ἱερέως· τὸ ἔλαιον τοῦ φωτὸς καὶ τὸ θυμίαμα τῆς συνθέσεως καὶ ἡ θυσία ἡ καθ' ἡμέραν καὶ τὸ ἔλαιον τῆς χρίσεως, ἡ ἐπισκοπὴ ὅλης τῆς σκηνῆς καὶ ὅσα ἐστὶν ἐν αὐτῇ ἐν τῷ ἁγίῳ ἐν πᾶσι τοῖς ἔργοις.

Num 7:1 On the day Moses finished setting up the tabernacle, he anointed and consecrated it and all its furnishings, along with the altar and all its utensils.
καὶ ἐγένετο ᾗ ἡμέρᾳ συνετέλεσεν Μωϋσῆς ὥστε ἀναστῆσαι τὴν σκηνὴν καὶ ἔχριστεν αὐτὴν καὶ ἡγίασεν αὐτὴν καὶ πάντα τὰ σκεύη αὐτῆς καὶ τὸ θυσιαστήριον καὶ πάντα τὰ σκεύη αὐτοῦ καὶ ἔχριστεν αὐτὰ Καὶ ἡγίασεν αὐτά,

Num 7:10 When [the altar] was anointed, the leaders approached with their offerings for [its] dedication [and] presented them before the altar.
καὶ προσήνεγκαν οἱ ἄρχοντες εἰς τὸν ἐγκαινισμὸν τοῦ θυσιαστηρίου ἐν τῇ ἡμέρᾳ, ᾗ ἔχριστεν αὐτό, Καὶ προσήνεγκαν οἱ ἄρχοντες τὰ δῶρα αὐτῶν ἀπέναντι τοῦ θυσιαστηρίου.

Num 7:84 This [was the offering] from the leaders of Israel for the dedication of the altar when it was anointed: twelve silver platters, twelve silver basins, and twelve gold dishes.
Οὗτος ὁ ἐγκαινισμὸς τοῦ θυσιαστηρίου, ᾗ ἡμέρᾳ ἔχριστεν αὐτό, παρὰ τῶν ἀρχόντων τῶν υἱῶν Ισραηλ· τρυβλία ἀργυρᾶ δώδεκα, φιάλαι ἀργυραῖ δώδεκα, θυίσκαι χρυσαῖ δώδεκα,

Num 7:88 All the livestock sacrificed for the peace offerings totaled twenty-four bulls, sixty rams, sixty male goats, and sixty male lambs a year old. This was the dedication offering for the altar after it was anointed.
πᾶσαι αἱ βόες εἰς θυσίαν σωτηρίου δαμάλεις εἴκοσι τέσσαρες, κριοὶ ἑξήκοντα, τράγοι ἑξήκοντα, ἀμνάδες ἑξήκοντα ἐνιαύσιαι ἄμωμοι. αὕτη ἡ ἐγκαίνωσις τοῦ θυσιαστηρίου μετὰ τὸ πληρῶσαι τὰς χεῖρας αὐτοῦ καὶ μετὰ τὸ χρῖσαι αὐτόν.

Num 35:25 The assembly is to protect the manslayer from the hand of the avenger of blood. Then the assembly will return him to the city of refuge to which he fled, and he must live there until the death of the high priest, who was anointed with the holy oil.
καὶ ἐξελεῖται ἡ συναγωγὴ τὸν φονεύσαντα ἀπὸ τοῦ ἀγχιστεύοντος τὸ αἷμα, καὶ ἀποκαταστήσουσιν αὐτὸν ἡ συναγωγὴ εἰς τὴν πόλιν τοῦ φυγαδευτηρίου αὐτοῦ, οὗ κατέφυγεν, καὶ κατοικήσει ἐκεῖ, ἕως ἂν ἀποθάνῃ ὁ ἱερεὺς ὁ μέγας, ὃν ἔχρισταν αὐτὸν τῷ ἐλαίῳ τῷ ἁγίῳ.

Deut 28:40 You will have olive trees throughout your territory, but you will never anoint yourself with oil, because the olives will drop off.
ἐλαῖαι ἔσονταί σοι ἐν πᾶσι τοῖς ὁρίοις σου, καὶ ἔλαιον οὐ χρίσῃ, ὅτι ἐκρυήσεται ἡ ἐλαία σου.

Judg 9:8 One day the trees set out to anoint a king for themselves. They said to the olive tree, ‘Reign over us.’
πορευόμενα ἐπορεύθησαν τὰ ξύλα τοῦ χρῖσαι ἑαυτοῖς βασιλέα καὶ εἶπον τῇ ἐλαίᾳ Βασίλευσον ἐφ' ἡμῶν.

Judg 9:15 But the thornbush replied , ‘If you really are anointing me as king over you, come and find refuge in my shade. But if not, may fire come out of the thornbush and consume the cedars of Lebanon.”
καὶ εἶπεν ἡ ῥάμνος πρὸς τὰ ξύλα εἰ ἐν ἀληθείᾳ ὑμεῖς χρίετέ με εἰς βασιλέα ἐφ' ὑμῶν, δεῦτε πεποίθατε ἐν τῇ σκέπῃ μου· καὶ Εἰ μή, ἐξέλθοι πῦρ ἐκ τῆς ῥάμνου καὶ καταφάγοι τὰς κέδρους τοῦ Λιβάνου.

1Sam 2:10 Those who oppose the LORD will be shattered. He will thunder from heaven against them. The LORD will judge the ends of the earth and will give power to His king. He will exalt the horn of His anointed.”
κύριος ἀσθενῆ ποιήσει ἀντίδικον αὐτοῦ, κύριος ἅγιος. μὴ καυχάσθω ὁ φρόνιμος ἐν τῇ φρονήσει αὐτοῦ, καὶ μὴ καυχάσθω ὁ δυνατὸς ἐν τῇ δυνάμει αὐτοῦ, καὶ μὴ καυχάσθω ὁ πλούσιος ἐν τῷ πλούτῳ αὐτοῦ, ἀλλ' ἢ ἐν τούτῳ καυχάσθω ὁ καυχώμενος, συνίειν καὶ γινώσκειν τὸν κύριον καὶ ποιεῖν κρίμα καὶ δικαιοσύνην ἐν μέσῳ τῆς γῆς κύριος ἀνέβη εἰς οὐρανοὺς καὶ ἐβρόντησεν, αὐτὸς κρινεῖ ἄκρα γῆς. καὶ διδωσιν ισχυν τοις βασιλευσιν ημων και ὑψώσει κέρας χρισττοῦ αὐτοῦ.

1Sam 2:35 Then I will raise up for Myself a faithful priest. He will do whatever is in My heart and mind. And I will build for him an enduring house, and he will walk before My anointed one for all time.
καὶ ἀναστήσω ἐμαυτῷ ἱερέα πιστόν, ὃς πάντα τὰ ἐν τῇ καρδίᾳ μου καὶ τὰ ἐν τῇ ψυχῇ μου ποιήσει· καὶ οἰκοδομήσω αὐτῷ οἶκον πιστόν, καὶ διελεύσεται ἐνώπιον χρισττοῦ μου πάσας τὰς ἡμέρας.

1Sam 9:16 “At this time tomorrow I will send you a man from the land of Benjamin, and you are to anoint him leader over My people Israel; he will deliver them from the hand of the Philistines. For I have looked upon My people, because their cry has come to Me.”
Ὡς ὁ καιρὸς αὔριον ἀποστελῶ πρὸς σὲ ἄνδρα ἐκ γῆς Βενιαμιν, καὶ χρίσεις αὐτὸν εἰς ἄρχοντα ἐπὶ τὸν λαόν μου, Ισραηλ, καὶ σώσει τὸν λαόν μου ἐκ χειρὸς ἀλλοφύλων· ὅτι ἐπέβλεψα ἐπὶ τὴν ταπείνωσιν τοῦ λαοῦ μου ὅτι ἦλθεν βοὴ αὐτῶν πρός με.

1Sam 10:1 Then Samuel took a flask of oil, poured it out on Saul’s head, kissed him, and said, “Has not the LORD anointed you ruler over His inheritance?
καὶ ἔλαβεν Σαμουηλ τὸν φακὸν τοῦ ἐλαίου καὶ ἐπέχεεν ἐπὶ τὴν κεφαλὴν αὐτοῦ καὶ ἐφίλησεν αὐτὸν καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ Οὐχὶ κέχρικέν σε κύριος εἰς ἄρχοντα ἐπὶ τὸν λαὸν αὐτοῦ, ἐπὶ Ισραηλ; καὶ σὺ ἄρξεις ἐν λαῷ κυρίου, καὶ σὺ σώσεις αὐτὸν ἐκ χειρὸς ἐχθρῶν αὐτοῦ κυκλόθεν. καὶ τοῦτό σοι τὸ σημεῖον ὅτι ἔχριστέν σε κύριος ἐπὶ κληρονομίαν αὐτοῦ εἰς ἄρχοντα·

1Sam 12:3 Here I am. Bear witness against me before the LORD and before His anointed: Whose ox or donkey have I taken? Whom have I wronged or oppressed? From whose hand have I accepted a bribe and closed my eyes? [Tell me,] and I will restore [it] to you.
ἰδοὺ ἐγώ, ἀποκρίθητε κατ' ἐμοῦ ἐνώπιον κυρίου καὶ ἐνώπιον χρισττοῦ αὐτοῦ· μόσχον τίνος εἴληφα ἢ ὄνον τίνος εἴληφα ἢ τίνα κατεδυνάστευσα ὑμῶν ἢ τίνα ἐξεπίεσα ἢ ἐκ χειρὸς τίνος εἴληφα ἐξίλασμα καὶ ὑπόδημα; ἀποκρίθητε κατ' ἐμοῦ, καὶ ἀποδώσω ὑμῖν.

1Sam 12:5 Samuel said to them, “The LORD is a witness against you, and His anointed is a witness today, that you have not found anything in my hand.” “He is a witness,” they said.
καὶ εἶπεν Σαμουηλ πρὸς τὸν λαόν μάρτυς κύριος ἐν ὑμῖν καὶ Μάρτυς χρισττὸς αὐτοῦ σήμερον ἐν ταύτῃ τῇ ἡμέρᾳ ὅτι οὐχ εὑρήκατε ἐν χειρί μου οὐθέν· καὶ εἶπαν Μάρτυς.

1Sam 15:1 Then Samuel said to Saul, “The LORD sent me to anoint you king over His people Israel. Now therefore, listen to the words of the LORD.
καὶ εἶπεν Σαμουηλ πρὸς Σαουλ Ἐμὲ ἀπέστειλεν κύριος χρῖσαί σε εἰς βασιλέα ἐπὶ Ισραηλ, Καὶ νῦν ἄκουε τῆς φωνῆς κυρίου·

1Sam 15:17 And Samuel said, “Although you [were once] small in your own eyes, have you not become the head of the tribes of Israel? The LORD anointed you king over Israel
καὶ εἶπεν Σαμουηλ πρὸς Σαουλ Οὐχὶ μικρὸς σὺ εἶ ἐνώπιον αὐτοῦ ἡγούμενος σκήπτρου φυλῆς Ισραηλ; καὶ ἔχριστέν σε κύριος εἰς βασιλέα ἐπὶ Ισραηλ.

1Sam 16:3 Then invite Jesse to the sacrifice, and I will show you what you are to do. You are to anoint for Me the one I indicate.”
καὶ καλέσεις τὸν Ιεσσαι εἰς τὴν θυσίαν, καὶ γνωριῶ σοι ἃ ποιήσεις, καὶ χρίσεις ὃν ἐὰν εἴπω πρὸς σέ.

1Sam 16:6 When they arrived, Samuel saw Eliab and said, “Surely here before the LORD [is His] anointed.”
καὶ ἐγενήθη ἐν τῷ αὐτοὺς εἰσιέναι καὶ εἶδεν τὸν Ελιαβ καὶ εἶπεν Ἀλλὰ καὶ ἐνώπιον κυρίου χρισττὸς αὐτοῦ.

1Sam 16:12 So Jesse sent for [his youngest son] and brought him in. He [was] ruddy, with beautiful eyes and a handsome appearance. And the LORD said, “Rise [and] anoint him, for he is the one.”
καὶ ἀπέστειλεν καὶ εἰσήγαγεν αὐτόν· καὶ οὗτος πυρράκης μετὰ κάλλους ὀφθαλμῶν καὶ ἀγαθὸς ὁράσει κυρίῳ· καὶ εἶπεν κύριος πρὸς Σαμουηλ Ἀνάστα καὶ χρῖσον τὸν Δαυιδ, ὅτι οὗτος ἀγαθός ἐστιν.

1Sam 16:13 So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and the Spirit of the LORD rushed upon David from that day forward. Then Samuel set out and went to Ramah.
καὶ ἔλαβεν Σαμουηλ τὸ κέρας τοῦ ἐλαίου καὶ ἔχριστεν αὐτὸν ἐν μέσῳ τῶν ἀδελφῶν αὐτοῦ, καὶ ἐφήλατο πνεῦμα κυρίου ἐπὶ Δαυιδ ἀπὸ τῆς ἡμέρας ἐκείνης καὶ ἐπάνω. καὶ ἀνέστη σαμουηλ καὶ ἀπῆλθεν εἰς Αρμαθαιμ.

1Sam 24:6 So he said to his men, “The LORD forbid that I should do such a thing to my master, the LORD’s anointed. I will never lift my hand against him, since he is the LORD’s anointed.”
καὶ εἶπεν Δαυιδ πρὸς τοὺς ἄνδρας αὐτοῦ Μηδαμῶς μοι παρὰ κυρίου, εἰ ποιήσω τὸ ῥῆμα τοῦτο τῷ κυρίῳ μου τῷ χρισττῷ κυρίου ἐπενέγκαι χεῖρά μου ἐπ' αὐτόν, ὅτι χρισττὸς κυρίου ἐστὶν οὗτος·

1Sam 24:10 Behold, this day you have seen with your own eyes that the LORD delivered you into my hand in the cave. I was told to kill you, but I spared you and said, ‘I will not lift my hand against my lord, since he is the LORD’s anointed.’
ἰδοὺ ἐν τῇ ἡμέρᾳ ταύτῃ ἑοράκασιν οἱ ὀφθαλμοί σου ὡς παρέδωκέν σε κύριος σήμερον εἰς χεῖρά μου, ἐν τῷ σπηλαίῳ, καὶ οὐκ ἠβουλήθην ἀποκτεῖναί σε καὶ ἐφεισάμην σου καὶ εἶπα Οὐκ ἐποίσω χεῖρά μου ἐπὶ κύριόν μου ὅτι χρισττὸς κυρίου οὗτός ἐστιν.

1Sam 26:9 But David said to Abishai, “Do not destroy him, for who can lift a hand against the LORD’s anointed and be guiltless?”
καὶ εἶπεν Δαυιδ πρὸς Αβεσσα Μὴ ταπεινώσῃς αὐτόν, ὅτι τίς ἐποίσει χεῖρα αὐτοῦ ἐπὶ χρισττὸν κυρίου καὶ ἀθῳωθήσεται;

1Sam 26:11 But the LORD forbid that I should stretch out my hand against the LORD’s anointed. Instead, take the spear and water jug by his head, and let us go.”
μηδαμῶς μοι παρὰ κυρίου ἐπενεγκεῖν χεῖρά μου ἐπὶ χρισττὸν κυρίου· καὶ νῦν λαβὲ δὴ τὸ δόρυ ἀπὸ πρὸς κεφαλῆς αὐτοῦ καὶ τὸν φακὸν τοῦ ὕδατος, καὶ ἀπέλθωμεν καθ' ἑαυτούς.

1Sam 26:16 This thing you have done is not good. As surely as the LORD lives, all of you deserve to die, since you did not protect your lord, the LORD’s anointed. Now look around. Where are the king’s spear and water jug that were by his head?”
καὶ οὐκ ἀγαθὸν τὸ ῥῆμα τοῦτο, ὃ πεποίηκας· ζῇ κύριος, ὅτι υἱοὶ θανατώσεως ὑμεῖς οἱ φυλάσσοντες τὸν βασιλέα κύριον ὑμῶν τὸν χρισττὸν κυρίου. καὶ νῦν ἰδὲ δή· τὸ δόρυ τοῦ βασιλέως καὶ ὁ φακὸς τοῦ ὕδατος ποῦ ἐστιν τὰ πρὸς κεφαλῆς αὐτοῦ;

1Sam 26:23 May the LORD repay every man for his righteousness and faithfulness. For the LORD delivered you into [my] hand today, but I would not stretch out my hand against the LORD's anointed.
καὶ κύριος ἐπιστρέψει ἑκάστῳ τὰς δικαιοσύνας αὐτοῦ καὶ τὴν πίστιν αὐτοῦ, ὡς παρέδωκέν σε κύριος σήμερον εἰς χεῖράς μου καὶ οὐκ ἠθέλησα ἐπενεγκεῖν χεῖρά μου ἐπὶ χρισττὸν κυρίου·

2Sam 1:14 So David asked him, “Why were you not afraid to lift your hand to destroy the LORD’s anointed?”
καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ Δαυιδ Πῶς οὐκ ἐφοβήθης ἐπενεγκεῖν χεῖρά σου διαφθεῖραι τὸν χρισττὸν κυρίου;

2Sam 1:16 For David had said to the Amalekite, “Your blood [be] on your own head because your own mouth testified against you, saying, ‘I killed the LORD’s anointed.’”
καὶ εἶπεν Δαυιδ πρὸς αὐτόν τὸ αἷμά σου, ἐπὶ τὴν κεφαλήν σοῦ ὅτι Τὸ στόμα σου ἀπεκρίθη κατὰ σου λέγων ὅτι Ἐγὼ ἐθανάτωσα τὸν χρισττὸν κυρίου.

2Sam 1:21 O mountains of Gilboa, may you have no dew or rain, no fields [yielding] offerings [of grain] . For there the shield of the mighty was defiled, the shield of Saul, no longer anointed with oil.
ὄρη τὰ ἐν Γελβουε, μὴ καταβῇ δρόσος καὶ μὴ ὑετὸς ἐφ' ὑμᾶς καὶ ἀγροὶ ἀπαρχῶν, ὅτι ἐκεῖ προσωχθίσθη θυρεὸς δυνατῶν, θυρεὸς Σαουλ οὐκ ἐχρίσθη ἐν ἐλαίῳ.

2Sam 2:4 Then the men of Judah came [to Hebron] , and there they anointed David king over the house of Judah. And they told David, “It was the men of Jabesh-gilead who buried Saul.”
καὶ ἔρχονται ἄνδρες τῆς Ιουδαίας καὶ χρίουσιν τὸν Δαυιδ ἐκεῖ τοῦ βασιλεύειν ἐπὶ τὸν οἶκον Ιουδα. Καὶ ἀπήγγειλαν τῷ Δαυιδ λέγοντες ὅτι Οἱ ἄνδρες Ιαβις τῆς Γαλααδίτιδος ἔθαψαν τὸν Σαουλ.

2Sam 2:7 Now then, be strong and courageous, for though Saul your lord is dead, the house of Judah has anointed me as their king.”
καὶ νῦν κραταιούσθωσαν αἱ χεῖρες ὑμῶν καὶ γίνεσθε εἰς υἱοὺς δυνατούς, ὅτι τέθνηκεν ὁ κύριος ὑμῶν Σαουλ, καί γε ἐμὲ κέχρικεν ὁ οἶκος Ιουδα ἐφ' ἑαυτοὺς εἰς βασιλέα.

2Sam 3:39 And I [am] weak this day, though anointed as king, and these men, the sons of Zeruiah, are too fierce for me. May the LORD repay the evildoer according to his evil!”
καὶ ὅτι ἐγώ εἰμι σήμερον συγγενὴς καὶ καθεσταμένος ὑπὸ βασιλέως, οἱ δὲ ἄνδρες οὗτοι υἱοὶ Σαρουιας σκληρότεροί μού εἰσιν· ἀνταποδῷ κύριος τῷ ποιοῦντι πονηρὰ κατὰ τὴν κακίαν αὐτοῦ.

2Sam 5:3 So all the elders of Israel came to the king at Hebron, [where] King David made with them a covenant before the LORD. And they anointed [him] king over Israel.
καὶ ἔρχονται πάντες οἱ πρεσβύτεροι Ισραηλ. πρὸς τὸν βασιλέα εἰς Χεβρων, καὶ διέθετο αὐτοῖς ὁ βασιλεὺς Δαυιδ διαθήκην ἐν Χεβρων ἐνώπιον κυρίου, καὶ χρίουσιν τὸν Δαυιδ εἰς βασιλέα ἐπὶ πάντα ισραηλ

2Sam 5:17 When the Philistines heard that David had been anointed king over Israel, they all went in search of [him] ; but [David] learned [of this] and went down to the stronghold.
καὶ ἤκουσαν ἀλλόφυλοι ὅτι κέχριστται Δαυιδ· βασιλεὺς ἐπὶ Ισραηλ, καὶ ἀνέβησαν πάντες οἱ ἀλλόφυλοι ζητεῖν τὸν Δαυιδ καὶ ἤκουσεν Δαυιδ Καὶ κατέβη εἰς τὴν περιοχήν.

2Sam 12:7 Then Nathan said to David, “You are that man! This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul.
καὶ εἶπεν Ναθαν πρὸς Δαυιδ Σὺ εἶ ὁ ἀνὴρ ὁ ποιήσας τοῦτο· τάδε λέγει κύριος ὁ θεὸς Ισραηλ, ἐγώ εἰμι ἔχριστά σε εἰς βασιλέα ἐπὶ ισραηλ καὶ Ἐγώ εἰμι ἐρρυσάμην σε ἐκ χειρὸς Σαουλ

2Sam 12:20 Then David got up from the ground, washed and anointed himself, changed his clothes, and went into the house of the LORD and worshiped. Then he went to his own house, and at his request they set food before him, and he ate.
καὶ ἀνέστη Δαυιδ ἐκ τῆς γῆς καὶ ἐλούσατο καὶ ἠλείψατο καὶ ἤλλαξεν τὰ ἱμάτια αὐτοῦ καὶ εἰσῆλθεν εἰς τὸν οἶκον τοῦ θεοῦ καὶ προσεκύνησεν αὐτῷ· καὶ εἰσῆλθεν εἰς τὸν οἶκον αὐτοῦ καὶ ητησεν αρτον φαγειν και παρεθηκαν αυτω αρτον και ἔφαγεν.

2Sam 14:2 So Joab sent to Tekoa to bring a wise woman from there. He told her, “Please pretend to be a mourner; put on clothes for mourning and do not anoint yourself with oil. Act like a woman who has mourned for the dead a long time.
καὶ ἀπέστειλεν Ιωαβ εἰς Θεκωε καὶ ἔλαβεν ἐκεῖθεν γυναῖκα σοφὴν καὶ εἶπεν πρὸς αὐτήν Πένθησον δὴ καὶ ἔνδυσαι ἱμάτια πενθικὰ καὶ μὴ ἀλείψῃ ἔλαιον καὶ ἔσῃ ὡς γυνὴ πενθοῦσα ἐπὶ τεθνηκότι τοῦτο ἡμέρας πολλὰς

2Sam 19:10 But Absalom, the man we anointed over us, has died in battle. So why do you say nothing about restoring the king?”
καὶ Αβεσσαλωμ, ὃν ἐχρίσαμεν ἐφ' ἡμῶν, ἀπέθανεν ἐν τῷ πολέμῳ, καὶ νῦν ἵνα τί ὑμεῖς κωφεύετε τοῦ ἐπιστρέψαι τὸν βασιλέα; καὶ τὸ ῥῆμα παντὸς Ισραηλ ἦλθεν πρὸς τὸν βασιλέα.

2Sam 19:21 But Abishai son of Zeruiah said, “Shouldn’t Shimei be put to death for this, because he cursed the LORD’s anointed?”
καὶ ἀπεκρίθη Αβεσσα υἱὸς Σαρουιας καὶ εἶπεν Μὴ ἀντὶ τούτου οὐ θανατωθήσεται Σεμει, ὅτι κατηράσατο τὸν χρισττὸν κυρίου;

2Sam 22:51 Great salvation {He brings to} His king. He shows loving devotion to His anointed, to David and his descendants forever.”
μεγαλύνων σωτηρίας βασιλέως αὐτοῦ καὶ ποιῶν ἔλεος τῷ χρισττῷ αὐτοῦ, τῷ Δαυιδ καὶ τῷ σπέρματι αὐτοῦ ἕως αἰῶνος.

2Sam 23:1 These are the last words of David: “The oracle of David son of Jesse, the oracle of the man raised on high, the one anointed by the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel:
καὶ οὗτοι οἱ λόγοι Δαυιδ οἱ ἔσχατοι πιστὸς Δαυιδ υἱὸς Ιεσσαι, καὶ Πιστὸς ἀνήρ, ὃν ἀνέστησεν κύριος ἐπὶ χρισττὸν θεοῦ Ιακωβ, Καὶ εὐπρεπεῖς ψαλμοὶ Ισραηλ.

1Kgs 1:34 There Zadok the priest and Nathan the prophet are to anoint him king over Israel. You are to blow the trumpet and declare, ‘Long live King Solomon!’
καὶ χριστάτω αὐτὸν ἐκεῖ Σαδωκ ὁ ἱερεὺς καὶ Ναθαν ὁ προφήτης εἰς βασιλέα ἐπὶ Ισραηλ, καὶ σαλπίσατε κερατίνῃ καὶ ἐρεῖτε Ζήτω ὁ βασιλεὺς Σαλωμων.

1Kgs 1:39 Zadok the priest took the horn of oil from the tabernacle and anointed Solomon. Then they blew the trumpet, and all the people proclaimed, “Long live King Solomon!”
καὶ ἔλαβεν Σαδωκ ὁ ἱερεὺς τὸ κέρας τοῦ ἐλαίου ἐκ τῆς σκηνῆς καὶ ἔχριστεν τὸν Σαλωμων. καὶ ἐσάλπισεν τῇ κερατίνῃ, καὶ εἶπεν πᾶς ὁ λαός Ζήτω ὁ βασιλεὺς σαλωμων

1Kgs 1:45 Zadok the priest and Nathan the prophet have anointed him king at Gihon, and they have gone up from there with rejoicing that rings out in the city. That is the noise you hear.
καὶ ἔχρισταν αὐτὸν Σαδωκ ὁ ἱερεὺς καὶ Ναθαν ὁ προφήτης εἰς βασιλέα ἐν τῷ Γιων, καὶ ἀνέβησαν ἐκεῖθεν εὐφραινόμενοι, καὶ ἤχησεν ἡ πόλις· αὕτη ἡ φωνή, ἣν ἠκούσατε.

1Kgs 5:1 Now when Hiram king of Tyre heard that [Solomon] had been anointed king in his father’s place, he sent envoys to Solomon; for Hiram had always been friends with David.
καὶ ἀπέστειλεν Χιραμ βασιλεὺς Τύρου τοὺς παῖδας αὐτοῦ χρῖσαι τὸν Σαλωμων, ἀντὶ Δαυιδ τοῦ πατρὸς αὐτοῦ ὅτι ἀγαπῶν ἦν χιραμ τὸν Δαυιδ πάσας τὰς ἡμέρας.

1Kgs 19:15 Then the LORD said to him, “Go back by the way you came, to the Desert of Damascus. When you arrive, you are to anoint Hazael as king over Aram.
καὶ εἶπεν κύριος πρὸς αὐτόν Πορεύου ἀνάστρεφε εἰς τὴν ὁδόν σου καὶ ἥξεις εἰς τὴν ὁδὸν ἐρήμου Δαμασκοῦ καὶ χρίσεις τὸν Αζαηλ εἰς βασιλέα τῆς Συρίας·

1Kgs 19:16 You are also to anoint Jehu son of Nimshi as king over Israel and Elisha son of Shaphat from Abel-meholah to succeed you as prophet.
καὶ τὸν Ιου υἱὸν Ναμεσσι χρίσεις εἰς βασιλέα ἐπὶ Ισραηλ· καὶ τὸν Ελισαιε υἱὸν Σαφατ ἀπὸ Αβελμαουλα χρίσεις εἰς προφήτην ἀντὶ σοῦ.

2Kgs 9:3 Then take the flask of oil, pour it on his head, and declare, ‘This is what the LORD says: I anoint you king over Israel.’ Then open the door and run. Do not delay!”
καὶ λήμψῃ τὸν φακὸν τοῦ ἐλαίου καὶ ἐπιχεεῖς ἐπὶ τὴν κεφαλὴν αὐτοῦ καὶ εἰπόν Τάδε λέγει κύριος Κέχρικά σε εἰς βασιλέα ἐπὶ Ισραηλ· καὶ ἀνοίξεις τὴν θύραν καὶ φεύξῃ καὶ οὐ μενεῖς.

2Kgs 9:6 So Jehu got up and went into the house, where the young prophet poured the oil on his head and declared , “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘I anoint you king over the LORD’s people Israel.
καὶ ἀνέστη καὶ εἰσῆλθεν εἰς τὸν οἶκον, καὶ ἐπέχεεν τὸ ἔλαιον ἐπὶ τὴν κεφαλὴν αὐτοῦ καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ Τάδε λέγει κύριος ὁ θεὸς Ισραηλ, Κέχρικά σε εἰς βασιλέα ἐπὶ λαὸν κυρίου ἐπὶ τὸν ισραηλ

2Kgs 9:12 “That is a lie!” they said. “Tell us!” So Jehu answered, “He talked to me about this and that, and he said, ‘This is what the LORD says: I anoint you king over Israel.’”
καὶ εἶπον Ἄδικον· ἀπάγγειλον δὴ ἡμῖν. καὶ εἶπεν Ιου πρὸς αὐτούς οὕτως καὶ Οὕτως ἐλάλησεν πρός με λέγων Τάδε λέγει κύριος Κέχρικά σε εἰς βασιλέα ἐπὶ Ισραηλ.

2Kgs 11:12 Then [Jehoiada] brought out the king’s son, put the crown on him, presented him with the Testimony, and proclaimed him king. They anointed him, and [the people] clapped their hands and declared, “Long live the king!”
καὶ ἐξαπέστειλεν τὸν υἱὸν τοῦ βασιλέως καὶ ἔδωκεν ἐπ' αὐτὸν τὸ νεζερ καὶ τὸ μαρτύριον καὶ ἐβασίλευσεν αὐτὸν καὶ ἔχριστεν αὐτόν, καὶ ἐκρότησαν τῇ χειρὶ καὶ εἶπαν Ζήτω ὁ βασιλεύς.

2Kgs 23:30 From Megiddo his servants carried his body in a chariot, brought him to Jerusalem, and buried him in his own tomb. Then the people of the land took Jehoahaz son of Josiah, anointed him, and made him king in place of his father.
καὶ ἐπεβίβασαν αὐτὸν οἱ παῖδες αὐτοῦ νεκρὸν ἐκ Μαγεδδω καὶ ἤγαγον αὐτὸν εἰς Ιερουσαλημ καὶ ἔθαψαν αὐτὸν ἐν τῷ τάφῳ αὐτοῦ ἐν πόλει Δαυιδ, καὶ ἔλαβεν ὁ λαὸς τῆς γῆς τὸν Ιωαχας υἱὸν Ιωσιου καὶ ἔχρισταν αὐτὸν καὶ ἐβασίλευσαν αὐτὸν ἀντὶ τοῦ πατρὸς αὐτοῦ.

1Chr 11:3 So all the elders of Israel came to the king at Hebron, [where] David made a covenant with them before the LORD. And they anointed [him] king over Israel, according to the word of the LORD through Samuel.
καὶ ἦλθον πάντες πρεσβύτεροι Ισραηλ πρὸς τὸν βασιλέα εἰς Χεβρων, καὶ διέθετο αὐτοῖς ὁ βασιλεὺς Δαυιδ διαθήκην ἐν Χεβρων ἐναντίον κυρίου, καὶ ἔχρισταν τὸν Δαυιδ εἰς βασιλέα ἐπὶ ισραηλ κατὰ τὸν λόγον κυρίου διὰ χειρὸς Σαμουηλ.

1Chr 14:8 When the Philistines heard that David had been anointed king over all Israel, they all went in search of [him] ; but David learned [of this] and went out to face them.
καὶ ἤκουσαν ἀλλόφυλοι ὅτι ἐχρίσθη Δαυιδ. βασιλεὺς ἐπὶ πάντα Ισραηλ, καὶ ἀνέβησαν πάντες οἱ ἀλλόφυλοι ζητῆσαι τὸν Δαυιδ καὶ ἤκουσεν Δαυιδ Καὶ ἐξῆλθεν εἰς ἀπάντησιν αὐτοῖς.

1Chr 16:22 ‘Do not touch My anointed ones; do no harm to My prophets.’
μὴ ἅψησθε τῶν χρισττῶν μου καὶ ἐν τοῖς προφήταις μου Μὴ πονηρεύεσθε.

1Chr 29:22 That day they ate and drank with great joy in the presence of the LORD. Then, for a second time, they designated David’s son Solomon as king, anointing him before the LORD as ruler, and Zadok as the priest.
καὶ ἔφαγον καὶ ἔπιον ἐναντίον κυρίου ἐν ἐκείνῃ τῇ ἡμέρᾳ μετὰ χαρᾶς καὶ ἐβασίλευσαν ἐκ δευτέρου τὸν Σαλωμων υἱὸν Δαυιδ καὶ ἔχρισταν αὐτὸν τῷ κυρίῳ εἰς βασιλέα καὶ Σαδωκ εἰς ἱερωσύνην.

2Chr 6:42 O LORD God, do not reject Your anointed one. Remember [Your] loving devotion to Your servant David.”
κύριε ὁ θεός, μὴ ἀποστρέψῃς τὸ πρόσωπον τοῦ χρισττοῦ σου, μνήσθητι τὰ ἐλέη Δαυιδ τοῦ δούλου σου.

2Chr 22:7 Ahaziah’s downfall came from God when he went to visit Joram. When Ahaziah arrived, he went out with Joram to meet Jehu son of Nimshi, whom the LORD had anointed to destroy the house of Ahab.
καὶ παρὰ τοῦ θεοῦ ἐγένετο καταστροφὴ Οχοζια ἐλθεῖν πρὸς Ιωραμ· καὶ ἐν τῷ ἐλθεῖν αὐτὸν ἐξῆλθεν μετ' αὐτοῦ Ιωραμ πρὸς Ιου υἱὸν Ναμεσσι χρισττὸν κυρίου τὸν οἶκον Αχααβ.

2Chr 23:11 Then [Jehoiada and his sons] brought out the king’s son, put the crown on him, presented him with the Testimony, and proclaimed him king. [They] anointed him and shouted, “Long live the king!”
καὶ ἐξήγαγεν τὸν υἱὸν τοῦ βασιλέως καὶ ἔδωκεν ἐπ' αὐτὸν τὸ βασίλειον καὶ τὰ μαρτύρια, καὶ ἐβασίλευσαν καὶ ἔχρισταν αὐτὸν Ιωδαε καὶ οἱ υἱοὶ αὐτοῦ καὶ εἶπαν Ζήτω ὁ βασιλεύς.

2Chr 28:15 Then the men who were designated by name arose, took charge of the captives, and provided from the plunder clothing for the naked. They clothed them, gave them sandals and food and drink, anointed [their wounds] , and put all the feeble on donkeys. So they brought them to Jericho, the City of Palms, to their brothers. Then they returned to Samaria.
καὶ ἀνέστησαν ἄνδρες, οἳ ἐπεκλήθησαν ἐν ὀνόματι, καὶ ἀντελάβοντο τῆς αἰχμαλωσίας καὶ πάντας τοὺς γυμνοὺς περιέβαλον ἀπὸ τῶν σκύλων καὶ ἐνέδυσαν αὐτοὺς καὶ ὑπέδησαν αὐτοὺς καὶ ἔδωκαν φαγεῖν καὶ ἀλείψασθαι καὶ αντελαβοντο εν υποζυγιοις παντος ασθενουντος και κατεστησαν αυτους εἰς ιεριχω πολιν φοινικων προς τους αδελφους αυτων και ἐπέστρεψαν εις Σαμάρειαν.

Ps 2:2 The kings of the earth take their stand and the rulers gather together, against the LORD and against His anointed One:
παρέστησαν οἱ βασιλεῖς τῆς γῆς, καὶ οἱ ἄρχοντες συνήχθησαν ἐπὶ τὸ αὐτὸ κατὰ τοῦ κυρίου καὶ κατὰ τοῦ χρισττοῦ αὐτοῦ διάψαλμα

Ps 18:50 {He brings} great salvation to His king. He shows loving devotion to His anointed, to David and his descendants forever.
μεγαλύνων τὰς σωτηρίας τοῦ βασιλέως αὐτοῦ καὶ ποιῶν ἔλεος τῷ χρισττῷ αὐτοῦ, τῷ Δαυιδ καὶ τῷ σπέρματι αὐτοῦ ἕως αἰῶνος.

Ps 20:6 Now I know that the LORD saves His anointed; He answers him from His holy heaven with the saving power of His right hand.
νῦν ἔγνων ὅτι ἔσωσεν κύριος τὸν χρισττὸν αὐτοῦ· ἐπακούσεται αὐτοῦ ἐξ οὐρανοῦ ἁγίου αὐτοῦ· ἐν δυναστείαις ἡ σωτηρία τῆς δεξιᾶς αὐτοῦ.

Ps 23:5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
ἡτοίμασας ἐνώπιόν μου, τράπεζαν ἐξ ἐναντίας τῶν θλιβοντων με· ἐλίπανας ἐν ἐλαίῳ τὴν κεφαλήν μου καὶ τὸ ποτήριόν σου μεθύσκον ὡς κράτιστον.

Ps 28:8 The LORD is the strength of His people, a stronghold of salvation for His anointed .
κύριος κραταίωμα τοῦ λαοῦ αὐτοῦ καὶ ὑπερασπιστὴς τῶν σωτηρίων τοῦ χρισττοῦ αὐτοῦ ἐστιν.

Ps 45:2 You are the most handsome of men; grace has anointed your lips, since God has blessed you forever.
ὡραῖος κάλλει παρὰ τοὺς υἱοὺς τῶν ἀνθρώπων, ἐξεχύθη χάρις ἐν χείλεσίν σου· διὰ τοῦτο εὐλόγησέν σε ὁ θεὸς εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα.

Ps 45:7 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, [has placed you above] your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.
ἠγάπησας δικαιοσύνην καὶ ἐμίσησας ἀνομίαν· διὰ τοῦτο ἔχριστέν σε ὁ θεὸς ὁ θεός σου. ἔλαιον ἀγαλλιάσεως παρὰ τοὺς μετόχους σου

Ps 84:9 Behold our shield, O God, and look with favor on the face of Your anointed.
ὑπερασπιστὰ ἡμῶν, ἰδέ, ὁ θεός, καὶ ἐπίβλεψον ἐπὶ τὸ πρόσωπον τοῦ χρισττοῦ σου.

Ps 89:20 I have found David My servant; with My sacred oil I have anointed him.
εὗρον Δαυιδ τὸν δοῦλόν μου, ἐν ἐλαίῳ ἁγίῳ μου ἔχριστα αὐτόν.

Ps 89:38 But You have spurned and rejected him; You are enraged by Your anointed one.
σὺ δὲ ἀπώσω καὶ ἐξουδένωσας, ἀνεβάλου τὸν χρισττόν σου·

Ps 89:51 how Your enemies have taunted, O LORD, how they have mocked every step of Your anointed one.
οὗ ὠνείδισαν οἱ ἐχθροί σου, κύριε, οὗ ὠνείδισαν τὸ ἀντάλλαγμα τοῦ χρισττοῦ σου.

Ps 92:10 But You have exalted my horn like that of a wild ox; with fine oil I have been anointed.
καὶ ὑψωθήσεται ὡς μονοκέρωτος τὸ κέρας μου καὶ τὸ γῆράς μου ἐν ἐλαίῳ πίονι,

Ps 105:15 “Do not touch My anointed ones; do no harm to My prophets.”
μὴ ἅπτεσθε τῶν χρισττῶν μου καὶ ἐν τοῖς προφήταις μου Μὴ πονηρεύεσθε.

Ps 132:10 For the sake of Your servant David, do not reject Your anointed one.
ἕνεκεν Δαυιδ τοῦ δούλου σου. μὴ ἀποστρέψῃς τὸ πρόσωπον τοῦ χρισττοῦ σου

Ps 132:17 There I will make a horn grow for David; I have prepared a lamp for My anointed one.
ἐκεῖ ἐξανατελῶ κέρας τῷ Δαυιδ, ἡτοίμασα λύχνον τῷ χρισττῷ μου·

Isa 45:1 This is what the LORD says to Cyrus His anointed, whose right hand I have grasped to subdue nations before him, to disarm kings, to open the doors before him, so that the gates will not be shut:
Οὕτως λέγει κύριος ὁ θεὸς τῷ χρισττῷ μου Κύρῳ, οὗ ἐκράτησα τῆς δεξιᾶς ἐπακοῦσαι ἔμπροσθεν αὐτοῦ ἔθνη, καὶ ἰσχὺν βασιλέων διαρρήξω, ἀνοίξω ἔμπροσθεν αὐτοῦ θύρας, καὶ πόλεις οὐ συγκλεισθήσονται

Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is on Me, because the LORD has anointed Me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent Me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and release from darkness to the prisoners,
Πνεῦμα κυρίου ἐπ' ἐμέ, οὗ εἵνεκεν ἔχριστέν με· εὐαγγελίσασθαι πτωχοῖς ἀπέσταλκέν με, ἰάσασθαι τοὺς συντετριμμένους τῇ καρδίᾳ, κηρύξαι αἰχμαλώτοις ἄφεσιν καὶ τυφλοῖς ἀνάβλεψιν,

Lam 4:20 The LORD’s anointed, the breath of our life, was captured in their pits. We had said of him, “Under his shadow we will live among the nations.”
Πνεῦμα προσώπου ἡμῶν χρισττὸς κυρίου συνελήμφθη ἐν ταῖς διαφθοραις αὐτῶν, οὗ εἴπαμεν ἐν τῇ σκιᾷ αὐτοῦ ζησόμεθα Ἐν τοῖς ἔθνεσιν.

Ezek 16:9 Then I bathed you with water, rinsed off your blood, and anointed you with oil.
καὶ ἔλουσά σε ἐν ὕδατι καὶ ἀπέπλυνα τὸ αἷμά σοῦ ἀπὸ σου καὶ ἔχριστά σε ἐν ἐλαίῳ

Ezek 28:14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub, for I had ordained you. You were on the holy mountain of God; you walked among the fiery stones.
μετὰ τοῦ χερουβ ἔθηκά σε ἐν ὄρει ἁγίῳ θεοῦ, ἐγενήθης ἐν μέσῳ λίθων πυρίνων.

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are decreed for your people and your holy city to stop their transgression, to put an end to sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the Most Holy Place.
ἑβδομήκοντα ἑβδομάδες συνετμήθησαν ἐπὶ τὸν λαόν σου καὶ ἐπὶ τὴν πόλιν τὴν ἁγίαν σου τοῦ συντελεσθῆναι ἁμαρτίαν καὶ τοῦ σφραγίσαι ἁμαρτίας καὶ ἀπαλεῖψαι τὰς ἀνομίας καὶ τοῦ ἐξιλάσασθαι ἀδικίας καὶ τοῦ ἀγαγεῖν δικαιοσύνην αἰώνιον καὶ τοῦ σφραγίσαι ὅρασιν καὶ προφήτην καὶ τοῦ χρῖσαι ἅγιον ἁγίων.

Dan 10:3 I ate no rich food, no meat or wine entered my mouth, and I did not anoint myself with oil until the three weeks were completed.
ἄρτον ἐπιθυμιῶν οὐκ ἔφαγον, καὶ κρέας καὶ οἶνος οὐκ εἰσῆλθεν εἰς τὸ στόμα μου, καὶ ἄλειμμα οὐκ ἠλειψάμην ἕως πληρώσεως τριῶν ἑβδομάδων ἡμερῶν.

Amos 6:6 You drink wine by the bowlful and anoint yourselves with the finest oils, but you fail to grieve over the ruin of Joseph.
οἱ πίνοντες τὸν διυλισμένον οἶνον καὶ τὰ πρῶτα μύρα χριόμενοι καὶ οὐκ ἔπασχον οὐδὲν ἐπὶ τῇ συντριβῇ Ιωσηφ.

Mic 6:15 You will sow but not reap; you will press olives but not anoint yourselves with oil; you will tread grapes but not drink the wine.
σὺ σπερεῖς καὶ οὐ μὴ ἀμήσῃς, σὺ πιέσεις ἐλαίαν καὶ οὐ μὴ ἀλείψῃ ἔλαιον, καὶ οἶνον καὶ οὐ μὴ πίητε, καὶ ἀφανισθήσεται νόμιμα λαοῦ μου.

Hab 3:13 You went forth for the salvation of Your people, to save Your anointed. You crushed the head of the house of the wicked and stripped him from head to foot. Selah
ἐξῆλθες εἰς σωτηρίαν λαοῦ σου· τοῦ σῶσαι τοὺς χρισττούς σου ἔβαλες εἰς κεφαλὰς ἀνόμων θάνατον, ἐξήγειρας δεσμοὺς ἕως τραχήλου. διάψαλμα.

Zech 4:14 So he said, “These are the two anointed ones who are standing beside the Lord of all the earth.”
καὶ εἶπεν Οὗτοι οἱ δύο υἱοὶ τῆς πιότητος παρεστήκασιν τῷ κυρίῳ πάσης τῆς γῆς.

Merely a quick fix, TBC
robert j

Post by robert j »

robert j wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:05 pm
mlinssen wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:03 am
… the OP ended with rather screaming letters that say:

A NT action by a JC figure with a Judeo-Christian connection ---

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us—for it has been written: “Cursed is everyone hanging on a tree” (Galatians 3:13, drawing on Deuteronomy 21:23)

Of course, this was not a rejection of the God of the Jews. But with Paul’s innovation and according to Paul, faith in the redemptive act (Galatians 3:14) allowed the Galatian Gentiles to belong with the “Israel of God” (Galatians 6:16) and become sons of Abraham (Galatians 3:7) and sons of God (Galatians 3:26) without the requirement for circumcision or adhering to the Mosaic laws.