"A Case for Apollonius of Tyana = Paul..."

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Leucius Charinus

Re: "A Case for Apollonius of Tyana = Paul..."

Post by Leucius Charinus »

ARTICLE wrote:All of the arguments for the “Flavian origin of Christianity” that are valid become applicable here. That Apollonius and Paul are alike in a pro-Vespasian political orientation and that this was at the basis of Paul’s gospel post-70, is the key insight.
Which of the arguments for the “Flavian origin of Christianity” are valid ?
davidmartin

Re: "A Case for Apollonius of Tyana = Paul..."

Post by davidmartin »

We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7 No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
Version 8 could be an addition? plausible, since verse 9 still works without it. wouldn't verse 6 and 7 been too tempting to a Cerdon type to insert their theology, if you think it can't have been Marcion? to me verse 8 is a bit gnostic-like, the kind of thing of a slightly later date. the only problem i have is the orthodox claimed to possess Paul's letters but this would argue that they didn't, since they would remove any such changes, still the idea the epistles only came from Marcion is very possible i guess, so this idea would cement that and suggest other gnostic-like passages (or Colossians/Ephesians) were Cerdo's work. crazy stuff!