Robert Ambelain's case that Thomas was REALLY CONFUSED with Jesus himself

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
mlinssen

Re: Robert Ambelain's case that Thomas was REALLY CONFUSED with Jesus himself

Post by mlinssen »

Giuseppe wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:01 am
mlinssen wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:58 am Pilate (and never Pontius Pilate) was present in John already, and had meaning in that context.
what do you think about that possible meaning?
That's a great question, and unfortunately one that I couldn't possibly answer. I'm guessing Rylands 52 to be an original John, but that's just a guess. Be that as it may, the name Pontius only occurs in Luke (skip Acts and 1 Timothy) and only once, and it is just impossible to assign anything to it
mlinssen

Post by mlinssen »

davidmartin wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:15 am isn't Paul nascent Christianity, sure catholic christianity seems to be 3rd century but where to draw the line, they were still arguing even after it became state religion lol

the Pilate dating locks Jesus apart from any other messiah types rumoured or known to be lurking, what I notice about the gospel of John is it looks like more than one Jesus. First there's John, then he dies then Lazarus dies in a cave and a new Jesus is born, then the final Jesus dies. A bit like the parable of the servant where they beat one, send another away then kill the son
I'd certainly agree to that Paul there. The parable of the tenants is very straightforward and clearly Thomasine - look how messed up it gets across the Synoptics, especially with the tossing outside the vineyard
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

In whiletime, it would be interesting the thesis of Doresse

Le catholicisme condamnera comme hérétique l’ascétisme forcené que pratiquèrent, jusqu’au IIIe siècle, les adeptes des communautés chrétiennes vouées à Jude/Thomas (c’est peut-être la raison pour laquelle les romans évangéliques reconnus par l’Église vouent à l’exécration le double du bon Thomas, le délateur Judas) [4]

(Vaneighem, ibid.)

Note 4 reads: J. DORESSE, L’Évangile selon Thomas.

The Twin of Jesus, i.e. Judas Thomas, would be cursed in his evil side (Judas) and eclipsed in his positive side by deliberate proliferation of names (Thomas/Thaddeus/Theudas/Dositheus/Lebbeus/Didimus).
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

In this video, I suggest that Theudas mentioned by Josephus Flavius could be Judas The Galilean himself and the reason his beheading in AD 46 is followed by the crucifixion of the sons of Judas The Galilean whom are named Simon and James (Jacob) and that Josephus never appears to ever say when Judas The Galilean dies is because Theudas is Judas The Galilean and that is the reason why his sons James and Simon are crucified following his beheading.

Update: I no longer believe Judas The Galilean was Theudas but I still believe Thomas is Theudas.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xncWKEP7DUo