Catholic insistence that also Paul lived under Pilate

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Catholic insistence that also Paul lived under Pilate

Post by Giuseppe »

1 Cor. 1:12
“I belong to Paul, to Apollos, to Cephas, to Christ.”

Paul, presented with Cephas, and Christ confirms the historical niche tradition extending from early to mid-first century. Paul, Cephas, and Christ are presented as contemporary actors. Who then is this unknown Apollos cited with important teachers joined within the same past? Are we, as Robert M. Price suggests, to understand Apollos as a cryptic transcription of Apelles, Marcion’s successor, and apostate? Price’s interpretation does not seem very pertinent when one considers that the Church is writing a ’first century’ scenario to seam 1 Corinthians and 1 Clement. Therefore, Apollos more reasonably represents the famous early first century teacher Apollonius of Tyana, an Essenian reputed for his miracles, prophecies, egalitarianism, who even defied Nero. Incorporating the reputed historical character (3 BCE-97 CE) intended to confirm Paul’s first century timeframe.[10]

(my bold)
https://www.academia.edu/99992085/I_COR ... MENTS_docx

[10] Just as Paul in Acts was associated with historical Gallio (chapter 18), and Agrippa (chapter 26) to confirm his first century epoch. Bart D Ehrman has amply publicized the proximities between Apollonius and Jesus