Let's Have a Discussion About What is Authentic About Early Christianity OUTSIDE OF MARCION?

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Secret Alias

Let's Have a Discussion About What is Authentic About Early Christianity OUTSIDE OF MARCION?

Post by Secret Alias »

Would love to hear non-Marcionite truth in early Christianity. The platform is yours. I say only Marcion is the truth.

The four gospels. Fake.
The Acts of the Apostles. Fake.
The Pauline Letters. Fake (outside of what was established in the Marcionite canon).
1 Clement. Fake.
The apostolic succession in Rome. Fake.

Historical Jesus. I don't know.
A flying supernatural Jesus. Could be.
A group gathered around Jesus somewhere. I don't know.
A group of disciples who saw Jesus raised to heaven after his crucifixion. Maybe. I knew a guy who saw Jesus in the clouds and walked off the Scarboro bluffs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarborough_Bluffs on mushrooms. His name was Pete Schmidt. Right here actually.

An oral teaching that got passed along and eventually was committed to writing. Maybe. Don't know.

All of the above though. Fake. Fake. Fake. Fake. Fake.
StephenGoranson

Re: Let's Have a Discussion About What is Authentic About Early Christianity OUTSIDE OF MARCION?

Post by StephenGoranson »

To invite discussion, less dogmatism might help?
Secret Alias

Re: Let's Have a Discussion About What is Authentic About Early Christianity OUTSIDE OF MARCION?

Post by Secret Alias »

Anything you think is real I will give it at least as much consideration as you for Secret Mark. Fire away.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Beats work. My son when he sees me on this site rolls his eyes. "Working hard I see."
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Post by Peter Kirby »

MARCION IS FAKE because he took a gospel, slapped some antitheses on it, took credit for Paul, and called it a day.

:goodmorning:
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Post by Peter Kirby »

MARCION IS FAKE because he stole from dualistic theology, Sethian speculation on the creator, and ransom soteriology.
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Post by Peter Kirby »

MARCION IS FAKE because he selected only one gospel when multiple gospels were in circulation.
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Post by Peter Kirby »

MARCION IS FAKE because he had a naive christology of heavenly descent instead of adoptionism or incarnation.
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Post by Peter Kirby »

MARCION IS FAKE because of the idea that the body of Christ was a phantasm.
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Post by Peter Kirby »

MARCION IS FAKE because he opposed the scriptures.