Let's Face It Most "Normative Scholars" Think the Nomen Sacrum XC ONLY = Christ ... Because They are Christians

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Secret Alias

Let's Face It Most "Normative Scholars" Think the Nomen Sacrum XC ONLY = Christ ... Because They are Christians

Post by Secret Alias »

I mean not everyone who holds this view. But there is an element of conformity involved that comes from generations of their ancestors being pounded into submission over this. You can do this with rats, you can do this people. The whole purpose of having John and other "saints" say that God didn't like people who said Jesus wasn't the Christ was to weed them out of the Christian community and set a scenario where future generations "couldn't see" how Chrestos was a real terminology. An interesting study would be to examine the Book of Enoch and see the use of Christ in the later parts of the work.
rgprice

Re: Let's Face It Most "Normative Scholars" Think the Nomen Sacrum XC ONLY = Christ ... Because They are Christians

Post by rgprice »

This gets at what I've been saying for years. Seminary school does not in any way at all make one a "Bible scholar". Seminary school does not teach a person how to objectively evaluate, analyze, and interpret the Christian scriptures.

The fact that people with PhDs from seminary schools are treated as the experts and authorities on Christian history and scriptural interpretation is problem #1. In my view seminary school should be considered a discrediting credential. Yes, there are a few people with seminary degrees who have made some contributions, but its largely in spite of their training, not because of it.
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Re: Let's Face It Most "Normative Scholars" Think the Nomen Sacrum XC ONLY = Christ ... Because They are Christians

Post by Peter Kirby »

So glad we are of the objective elite.