Homepage ideas/suggestions

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
dabber

Homepage ideas/suggestions

Post by dabber »

Hi Peter/All

Hope don't mind the suggestions but thinking today with the latest scholarship on Marcion (discussed on this forum at great length!), you may wish to update the front page to reflect recent developments.

These are my own ideas just to share, but it's your site, so I'm sure you'll do as see fit!! (Not my personal ramblings) But for interest:-

Thinking you could add Evangelion c. 100-130. Post Matthew, but pre Marcion's NT.

Put Luke/Acts (much) later, dependent on Evangelion, and certain dependent on Josephus. Surely has to be after Antiquities 94 ce.

Put Passion Narrative and Q in square brackets or remove altogether as hypothetical. Seems Q is on decline as an idea.

Extend dating of Revelation to 68/69 to include 7 kings/emporer theory Rev 17:10-11 ie written under Galba and Otho. Or could be multi layered composition over 68-95 ce.

Hope you like the ideas. Many thanks, Adam
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Re: Homepage ideas/suggestions

Post by Peter Kirby »

These are all good suggestions.

I will be making some updates to the site this year. It's been a while since I revisited the dates and outline.