Monotheistic Dominance Theory and the Rise of Christianity

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
jayraskin

Re: Monotheistic Dominance Theory and the Rise of Christiani

Post by jayraskin »

H Leucius Charinus,

Yes, a great analogy.
In the Cosby Demonology Mythology, long term mental illness is the factor that ties together nearly all the accusers. We should not overlook this when we look at the origins of Christianity.

Warmly,

Jay Raskin
Leucius Charinus wrote:Hi Philosopher Jay,

Tarshis - a great writer of letters, but unbalanced with visions - sounds like "Paul".

LC

jayraskin wrote:Hi All,

In thinking about a Monotheistic dominance movement using made up stories about Apostles, Jesuses and Christs, we should see the movement as the vehicle that spreads the stories. Where do the stories come from?
I think examining the Demon Cosby Myth again gives us a strong clue.
Here are two videos that are essential to understanding the process of Cosby Demonization:
The first is 3 minutes and 40 seconds. It is just a summary with excerpts of an interview that CNN had with Joan Tarshis - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kz6hUQ_m2c
The second is an 11 minute video of Joan Tarshis describing her own mental history - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LA5Mymmqrk
Joan Tarshis was the first accuser of Cosby in 2014, telling her story starting around November 15, 2014. Cosby had been accused of drugging and assaulting five women in 2005/2006. Four of the women were widely discredited. Their charges were 20-30 years old (two had sold their stories to the National Enquirer for thousands of dollars. One was found to be mentally ill when she made the charge and another kept changing her story. The original accuser had filed a lawsuit for $150,000 when the police found no evidence to prosecute Cosby. That case dragged on for a year and a half and was settled out of court on unknown terms, before any testimony was taken. No new charges were made for eight years.
Then in October 2014, a black comedian in a comedy skit told how he had found the stories of the five accusers when he googled Cosby's name. He called Bill Cosby a "serial rapist". Then the Washington Post allowed one of the original discredited accusers to write an editorial making new charges against Cosby and famously asking "Why did it take so long for people to finally believe me?"
Three days later CNN ran the interview with the new accuser "Joan Tarshis." The self described "Publicist" Joan Tarshis was so good at publicizing her story, that 20 more women immediately claimed to be Cosby's victims in the following month. CNN and the mass media never told people the information in the second video.
The video of Joan Tarshis describing her mental history will probably be taken down in a few days. I suspect she has forgotten that she put it up in 2013. You might want to download it for your notes.

My guess is that the creators who created the Jesus Christ tales were probably very much like Tarshis and the other Cosby accusers.

Warmly,

Jay Raskin