Useful links & Forum rules

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
spin

Useful links & Forum rules

Post by spin »

:cheers:
Dysexlia lures • ⅔ of what we see is behind our eyes
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Re: Useful links

Post by Peter Kirby »

Here are the searchable archives of the forum:

http://bcharchive.org/
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Re: Useful links & Forum rules

Post by Peter Kirby »

The rules (such as they are):

The mods retain the right to move posts about and to ban anyone seen as a nuisance. Posts are not edited or blocked or deleted*; it's opaque as a benefit** and requires too much work (and requires a gordian knot of definitions as to what is and isn't crossing the line, which just favors people who know how to be an ass within the lines). I'd rather just be rid of characters who don't seem to have any genuine historical interest in the subjects under discussion. I'm also happy to be rid of posters who use this freedom as an opportunity to bully other users.

Attempts to "dox" or "unmask" other users of the forum by posting personal details or speculating on their identity will lead to a suspension or ban. This forum fully supports the ability of users to keep their personal lives separate from the forum & to be as anonymous as they would like to be.

* Excepting spam or doxing, of course.

** Compared to the pretty clear benefit of feeling certain of what people have posted to the forum, in their own words (forum history, so to speak).

If you want to know about the kind of stuff that can make mods lose patience with posters, try sorting through the posts of the already banned. In general, posters that do not contribute to the forum positively, on balance, are at risk of being banned.

Relevant threads for further clarification: No Bullying and No Sock Puppet Allegations.
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Terms of Use & Privacy Policy

Post by Peter Kirby »

Certain things have to be made clear, legally, when running a forum. Here are the terms of use and privacy policy for this forum. They were last updated April 18th, 2014. No funny business or tricky stuff, but do please contact me if any of it concerns you.

Also, if you ever have trouble getting into the forum (lost your password or something), I can help: e-mail peterkirby@gmail.com.
"... almost every critical biblical position was earlier advanced by skeptics." - Raymond Brown