The 12 killers of Jesus? (and if Acharya is right?)

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

The 12 killers of Jesus? (and if Acharya is right?)

Post by Giuseppe »

The idea is born in me today.

Start with Paul:
Yet we do speak wisdom among those who are mature; a wisdom, however, not of this age nor of the rulers of this age, who are passing away; but we speak God’s wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory; the wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood; for if they had understood it they would not have crucified the Lord of glory;
(1 Cor 2:6-8)
However at that time, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those which by nature are no gods. But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how is it that you turn back again to the weak and worthless elemental things, to which you desire to be enslaved all over again? You observe days and months and seasons and years. I fear for you, that perhaps I have labored over you in vain.
(Gal 4:8-11)
The archons of this aeon are the celestial demoniac powers (docent Doherty and Carrier).

Mrs Acharya insists that all ancient astrotheology did associate planets and constellations to the archons of this aeon: demonic beings, as the Nordic Parche, occasionally pulling tricks on the unfortunate human beings. Not only Acharya thinks this. But I think that this idea is already consensus.

Mrs Acharya & company insist that the 12 apostles would be symbols/allegories of stars, planets, 12 constellations, zodiacal images, etc. But all in a positive light: Jesus is the Sun and all the rest are his satellites.

So the astrotheology Acharya would like to see behind the 12 could be right, but not in the positive sense that she means irrationally (''Jesus is the Sun with 12 apostles its planets/satellites'' :lol: ), but in the negative sense that I recognize: that in the end the 12 apostles, betraying Jesus [in the sense of denying him in time of danger after misunderstood him each previous occasion too], betrayed him [in the sense of ''deliver to the High Priest guards that captured him''] who then legally crucified him after give him to Pilate. So if the 12 in the figure of Judas Iscariot delivered Jesus to the Pharisees and scribes, and if the Pharisees and scribes handed Jesus to Pilate to kill him, then this means that ultimately was not Pilate responsible for the death of Jesus, it was not the Pharisees and scribes responsible for the death of Jesus, but it were the same 12 apostles, namely in the person of JUDAS Iscariot, to kill Jesus.

The calculation would make sense: just who in the first gospel is a symbol of those who are associated with the 12 constellations of the heavens sublunary archons of this aeon, they, the 12 apostles, are guilty of having killed Jesus.

I rememeber that Robert Price, in his Deconstructing Jesus, did apply the hermeneutic of Renè Girard on the gospels to conclude that the earliest oral gospel talked about the 12 apostles as the real killers of Jesus.

If I am right, then the first gospel euhemerized the mythical ''archons of this aeon'' in the figures of 12 apostles (in virtue of the fact that the 12 are the constellations associated ''to the weak and worthless elemental things''.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.