1 Cor 15:1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
TedM

1 Cor 15:1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel

Post by TedM »

Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved,
Where does he do that, if not 3-11?

If the answer is in verse 12
12 Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead
- that is he is making known to them ONLY the proclamation that Jesus rose from the dead, my initial response to that is this:

Really, after 14 chapters (give or take depending on your view of the construction of 1 Corinthians), Paul decides to tell them that he had preached to them that Christ was raised from the dead? Didn't they know that about a million times over already? Does anybody really think Paul needed to remind or 'make known' to them that he preached a risen Christ, when it is clear that such a message is what his gospel is all about?:
1: 23 but we preach Christ crucified,
2:2 For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.
5:5 For Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed.
6: 14 Now God has not only raised the Lord, but will also raise us up through His power.
9:1 Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord?
If Paul isn't talking about 'making known' to them that he preached a risen Christ, what is he talking about, and why?