JoeWallack wrote: ↑Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:20 am ARGUMENT FROM EVIDENCE OF FORGED EVIDENCE
1) It's generally agreed that parts of the TF are Christian forgery.
2) Some of this forgery is likely a Christian reaction to whatever was original.
3) This "indicate a passage original to Josephus that has been adjusted and added to by later Christian scribes rather than a wholesale interpolation."
JESUS MYTHICISM 7: JOSEPHUS, JESUS AND THE ‘TESTIMONIUM FLAVIANUM’ (What this indicates is the lack of good Internal evidence that the TF is original).
4) If the TF is original then we can ignore how to get from Josephus writing it in c.100 to Jesus existing God knows when.
5) Therefore, Jesus existed.
ARGUMENT FROM VIRTUOUS ATHEISM
1) Tim O'Neill, Bart Ehrman, and Tom Holland are atheists.
2) Tim O'Neill, Bart Ehrman, and Tom Holland passionately believe that Jesus Mythicists and New Atheists are far more ignorant, stupid, and pernicious than Christianity has ever been.
3) Therefore Jesus existed.