Gospel of Thomas makes Jesus' godhood a secret.

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
goatguy

Re: Gospel of Thomas makes Jesus' godhood a secret.

Post by goatguy »

Peter Kirby wrote:Add this one to your clues.

Gospel of Thomas 28
Jesus said: I stood in the midst of the world, and I appeared to them in the flesh.
An observation: The word world in Hebrew is תבל tebel . By interpretation of gates and letters the purpose ת of teaching ל is the living word revealed to man ב. The living word is at the center/midst of the world. It appears that Thomas is playing word games like John does, so one might expect everything he says is couched in mystery.

Mark may not be a stranger to the mystery which was hidden from the beginning. IF he plays riddles like John does, then lets play along, just for fun:

The aleph is used by John as the Spirit in John 5:8. It is used by by Job as 'spoke and created the heavens and the earth'. It is the spirit between the waters and the firmament between the water in Gen 1. Thomas uses it for war. The primary metaphor derives from the vav and two yods which form it. It is something dividing and joining two things. In Bara, it is the son 'bar' who speaks and creates the heavens and the earth, or the son who reconciles heaven and earth as the firmament.

Using the aleph as the reconciliation of heaven and earth, then the aleph IS the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Ge 1:1 בראשית ברא אלהים
Mk 1:1 בראשית בר א אלהים ??

Yeah, I know it's stoopid. But there are more of these than can be attributed to mere chance.

John 1:1
ברא - 'the word which created' since God spoke each time he created.(and the Son which created)
is in בראשית

ברא is with (next to) אלהים
ברא as the son who created is God.

אלהים sounds like (pun) alo khoom - not dark, light
sounds like l'chaim - life
sounds like lechem - bread

בראשית ברא שית in the beginning he created six (days)

אש ברית he had a covenant with man at the heart

and it goes on as far as you want to dig.

Did Mark play the game with John?