Ask a child seven days of age

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
broadfork

Ask a child seven days of age

Post by broadfork »

I was disturbed to search that string and find gross flight of thought in some posters commentary on its meaning.
Jesus bounced monotheism with "I am before Abraham." He bounced Abraham with (on circumcision) "not because of Moses, but because of the fathers" (i.e. Abraham).
He abhorred circumcision (see Simon observing that very trauma inflicted upon Jesus). "Ask a child seven days of age" is a reference to what happens to a child on its 8th day of life.
Read 'Jesus & the Unabomber.'
iskander

Re: Ask a child seven days of age

Post by iskander »

broadfork wrote:I was disturbed to search that string and find gross flight of thought in some posters commentary on its meaning.
Jesus bounced monotheism with "I am before Abraham." He bounced Abraham with (on circumcision) "not because of Moses, but because of the fathers" (i.e. Abraham).
He abhorred circumcision (see Simon observing that very trauma inflicted upon Jesus). "Ask a child seven days of age" is a reference to what happens to a child on its 8th day of life.
Read 'Jesus & the Unabomber.'
Would you like to explain your post?