Why Must You Be Such A Angry Young Man/Mark1:41 Jesus Angry?

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
JoeWallack

Anger Management

Post by JoeWallack »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apTy_Wez4V4

JW:
Considering the contrast between CBS Textual Criticism being historically dominated by Greek External evidence and the offending word here having only one extant Greek witness (an oddie but a goodie), it is reMarkable that NRSV (admittedly the best English translation) gives a favorable footnote to it. There are also quite a few English translations that give the offending word a likely original status. Progress:

New Revised Standard Version
The New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) is an English translation of the Bible published in 1989 by the National Council of Churches. It is a revision of the Revised Standard Version, which was itself an update of the American Standard Version.[2]
1:41
NRSV RSV ASV
41 Moved with pity,[a] Jesus stretched out his hand and touched him, and said to him, “I do choose. Be made clean!”

Footnotes
a. Mark 1:41 Other ancient authorities read anger
41 Moved with pity, he stretched out his hand and touched him, and said to him, “I will; be clean.”
41 And being moved with compassion, he stretched forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou made clean.

Joseph

Mahmoud Abbas does Dylan Thomas:

"Do not resist gently into that good fight.
Old age should burn and rave (and stash billions) at close of sixteen year and counting term.
Rage, rage, against, against, well against whatever the news of the day is."

Mark 1:41