Deconstructed Letters of Paulos

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
lclapshaw

Re: Deconstructed Letters of Paulos

Post by lclapshaw »

2 Corinthians Letter 4 (2 Corinthians 9:1-15)
9:1 Περὶ (Concerning) μὲν (now) γὰρ (for) τῆς (the) διακονίας (service) τῆς (-) εἰς (for) τοὺς (the)
ἁγίους (saints (sacred?)), περισσόν (superfluous) μοί (for me) ἐστιν (it is) τὸ (-) γράφειν (to write) ὑμῖν
(to you).
2 οἶδα (I know) γὰρ (for) τὴν (the) προθυμίαν (readiness) ὑμῶν (of you), ἣν (which) ὑπὲρ (concerning)
ὑμῶν (you) καυχῶμαι (I boast of) Μακεδόσιν (to Macedonians), ὅτι (that) Ἀχαΐα (Achaia)
παρεσκεύασται (has been prepared) ἀπὸ (from) πέρυσι (a year ago), καὶ (and) τὸ (-) ὑμῶν (your) ζῆλος
(zeal) ἠρέθισεν (has been provoking) τοὺς (the) πλείονας (greater number).
3 Ἔπεμψα (I have sent) δὲ (however) τοὺς (the) ἀδελφούς (brothers), ἵνα (that) μὴ (not) τὸ (the)
καύχημα (boasting) ἡμῶν (of us) τὸ (which is) ὑπὲρ (about) ὑμῶν (you) κενωθῇ (should be made void)
ἐν (in) τῷ (the) μέρει (matter) τούτῳ (this), ἵνα (that) καθὼς (as) ἔλεγον (I have been saying),
παρεσκευασμένοι (prepared) ἦτε (you may be).
4 μή (Not) πως (perhaps) ἐὰν (if) ἔλθωσιν (should come) σὺν (with) ἐμοὶ (me) Μακεδόνες
(Macedonians) καὶ (and) εὕρωσιν (find) ὑμᾶς (you) ἀπαρασκευάστους (unprepared), καταισχυνθῶμεν
(would be put to shame) ἡμεῖς (we) — ἵνα (that) μὴ (not) λέγωμεν (we might say) ὑμεῖς (you) — ἐν
(in) τῇ (the) ὑποστάσει (confidence) ταύτῃ (this).
5 ἀναγκαῖον (Necessary) οὖν (therefore) ἡγησάμην (I esteemed it) παρακαλέσαι (to exhort) τοὺς (the)
ἀδελφοὺς (brothers) ἵνα (that) προέλθωσιν (they should go before) εἰς (unto) ὑμᾶς (you) καὶ (and)
προκαταρτίσωσιν (should complete beforehand) τὴν (the) προεπηγγελμένην (foreannounced) εὐλογίαν
(blessing) ὑμῶν (of you) ταύτην (this), ἑτοίμην (ready) εἶναι (to be) οὕτως (thus) ὡς (as) εὐλογίαν (a
blessing), καὶ (and) μὴ (not) ὡς (as) πλεονεξίαν (covetousness).
6 Τοῦτο (This) δέ (now): ὁ (The one) σπείρων (sowing) φειδομένως (sparingly), φειδομένως
(sparingly) καὶ (also) θερίσει (will reap); καὶ (and) ὁ (the one) σπείρων (sowing) ἐπ’ (upon) εὐλογίαις
(blessings), ἐπ’ (upon) εὐλογίαις (blessings) καὶ (also) θερίσει (will reap),
7 ἕκαστος (each) καθὼς (as) προῄρηται (he purposes) τῇ (in the) καρδίᾳ (heart), μὴ (not) ἐκ (out of)
λύπης (regret) ἢ (or) ἐξ (of) ἀνάγκης (necessity); ἱλαρὸν (a cheerful) γὰρ (for) δότην (giver) ἀγαπᾷ
(loves) ὁ (-) ΘC (God).
8 δυνατεῖ (Able is) δὲ (now) ὁ (-) ΘC (God) πᾶσαν (all) χάριν (gift) περισσεῦσαι (to make abound) εἰς
(to) ὑμᾶς (you), ἵνα (so that) ἐν (in) παντὶ (every way), πάντοτε (always), πᾶσαν (all) αὐτάρκειαν
(sufficiency) ἔχοντες (having), περισσεύητε (you may abound) εἰς (in) πᾶν (every) ἔργον (work)
ἀγαθόν (good).
9 καθὼς (As) γέγραπται (it has been written): “Ἐσκόρπισεν (He has scattered abroad), ἔδωκεν (He has
given) τοῖς (to the) πένησιν (poor), ἡ (the) δικαιοσύνη (righteousness) αὐτοῦ (of Him) μένει (abides)
εἰς (to) τὸν (the) αἰῶνα (age).”
10 Ὁ (The One) δὲ (now) ἐπιχορηγῶν (supplying) σπόρον* (seed) τῷ (to him) σπείροντι (sowing) καὶ
(and) ἄρτον (bread) εἰς (for) βρῶσιν (food) χορηγήσει (will supply) καὶ (and) πληθυνεῖ (will multiply)
τὸν (the) σπόρον (seed for sowing) ὑμῶν (of you) καὶ (and) αὐξήσει (will increase) τὰ (the) γενήματα
(fruits) τῆς (of the) δικαιοσύνης (righteousness) ὑμῶν (of you),
11 ἐν (in) παντὶ (every way) πλουτιζόμενοι (enriching you) εἰς (to) πᾶσαν (all) ἁπλότητα (generosity),
ἥτις (which) κατεργάζεται (produces), δι’ (through) ἡμῶν (us), εὐχαριστίαν (thanksgiving) τῷ (-) ΘC
(to God).
12 ὅτι (For) ἡ (the) διακονία (serving) τῆς (of the) λειτουργίας (service) ταύτης (this) οὐ (not) μόνον
(only) ἐστὶν (is) προσαναπληροῦσα (completely filling up) τὰ (the) ὑστερήματα (needs) τῶν (of the)
ἁγίων (saints), ἀλλὰ (but) καὶ (also) περισσεύουσα (is overflowing) διὰ (through) πολλῶν (many)
εὐχαριστιῶν (thanksgivings) τῷ (-) ΘC (to God),
13 διὰ (through) τῆς (the) δοκιμῆς (proof) τῆς (of the) διακονίας (service) ταύτης (this), δοξάζοντες
(they glorifying) τὸν (-) ΘC (God) ἐπὶ (at) τῇ (the) ὑποταγῇ (submission) τῆς (of the) ὁμολογίας (of
confession) ὑμῶν (of you) εἰς (to) τὸ (the) εὐαγγέλιον (Announcement) τοῦ (-) ΧC καὶ (and) ἁπλότητι
(the generosity) τῆς (of the) κοινωνίας (participation) εἰς (toward) αὐτοὺς (them) καὶ (and) εἰς (toward)
πάντας (all);
14 καὶ (and) αὐτῶν (their) δεήσει (supplication) ὑπὲρ (is for) ὑμῶν (you), ἐπιποθούντων (a longing)
ὑμᾶς (for you) διὰ (on account of) τὴν (the) ὑπερβάλλουσαν (surpassing) χάριν (gift) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of
God) ἐφ’ (upon) ὑμῖν (you).
15 Χάρις (Gift be) τῷ (-) ΘC (to God) ἐπὶ (for) τῇ (the) ἀνεκδιηγήτῳ (indescribable) αὐτοῦ (of Him)
δωρεᾷ (gift)!
2 Corinthians Letter 4.pdf
(27.47 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Last edited by lclapshaw on Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lclapshaw

Post by lclapshaw »

2 Corinthians Letter 5 (2 Corinthians 10-13)
10:1 Αὐτὸς (Myself) δὲ (now) ἐγὼ (I), Παῦλος (Paulos), παρακαλῶ (exhort) ὑμᾶς (you) διὰ (by) τῆς
(the) πραΰτητος (meekness) καὶ (and) ἐπιεικείας (gentleness) τοῦ (-) XC, ὃς (who) κατὰ (as to)
πρόσωπον (appearance) μὲν (indeed) ταπεινὸς (am humble) ἐν (among) ὑμῖν (you), ἀπὼν (being
absent) δὲ (however) θαρρῶ (am bold) εἰς (toward) ὑμᾶς (you).
2 δέομαι (I implore you) δὲ (now) τὸ (that), μὴ (not) παρὼν (being present), θαρρῆσαι (to be bold) τῇ
(with the) πεποιθήσει (confidence) ᾗ (with which) λογίζομαι (I reckon) τολμῆσαι (to be daring) ἐπί
(toward) τινας (some) τοὺς (-) λογιζομένους (reckoning) ἡμᾶς (us) ὡς (as) κατὰ (according to) σάρκα
(flesh) περιπατοῦντας (walking).
3 Ἐν (In) σαρκὶ (flesh) γὰρ (for) περιπατοῦντες (walking), οὐ (not) κατὰ (according to) σάρκα (flesh)
στρατευόμεθα (do we wage war).
4 τὰ (The) γὰρ (for) ὅπλα (weapons) τῆς (of the) στρατείας (warfare) ἡμῶν (of us) οὐ (are not) σαρκικὰ
(fleshly), ἀλλὰ (but) δυνατὰ (powerful) τῷ (-) ΘC (divinely) πρὸς (to) καθαίρεσιν (the demolition)
ὀχυρωμάτων (of strongholds),
5 λογισμοὺς (arguments) καθαιροῦντες (overthrowing), καὶ (and) πᾶν (every) ὕψωμα (high thing)
ἐπαιρόμενον (lifting itself up) κατὰ (against) τῆς (the) γνώσεως (knowledge) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God), καὶ
(and) αἰχμαλωτίζοντες (taking captive) πᾶν (every) νόημα (thought) εἰς (into) τὴν (the) ὑπακοὴν
(obedience) τοῦ (-) XC,
6 καὶ (and) ἐν (in) ἑτοίμῳ (readiness) ἔχοντες (having), ἐκδικῆσαι (to avenge) πᾶσαν (all) παρακοήν
(disobedience), ὅταν (when) πληρωθῇ (might have been fulfilled) ὑμῶν (your) ἡ (-) ὑπακοή
(obedience).
7 Τὰ (The things) κατὰ (according to) πρόσωπον (appearance) βλέπετε (are you looking). εἴ (If) τις
(anyone) πέποιθεν (is persuaded) ἑαυτῷ (in himself) XC εἶναι (to be), τοῦτο (this) λογιζέσθω (let him
reckon) πάλιν (again) ἐφ’ (within) ἑαυτοῦ (himself), ὅτι (that) καθὼς (as) αὐτὸς (he) ΧC, οὕτως (so)
καὶ (also are) ἡμεῖς (we).
8 ἐάν (If) τε (even) γὰρ (for) περισσότερόν (more abundantly) τι (somewhat) καυχήσωμαι (I should
boast) περὶ (concerning) τῆς (the) ἐξουσίας (authority) ἡμῶν (of us), ἧς (which) ἔδωκεν (has given us)
ὁ (the) KC (Lord) εἰς (for) οἰκοδομὴν (building you up) καὶ (and) οὐκ (not) εἰς (for) καθαίρεσιν
(tearing down) ὑμῶν (you), οὐκ (not) αἰσχυνθήσομαι (I will be ashamed),
9 ἵνα (that) μὴ (not) δόξω (I might seem) ὡς (as if) ἂν (-) ἐκφοβεῖν (to frighten) ὑμᾶς (you) διὰ (by
means of) τῶν (the) ἐπιστολῶν (letters).
10 “Ὅτι (For) Αἱ (the) ἐπιστολαὶ (letters),” μέν (indeed) φησίν (they say), “Βαρεῖαι (are weighty) καὶ
(and) ἰσχυραί (strong), ἡ (-) δὲ (but) παρουσία (the presence) τοῦ (of the) σώματος (body) ἀσθενὴς
(weak), καὶ (and) ὁ (the) λόγος (speech) ἐξουθενημένος (having been ignored).”
11 τοῦτο (This) λογιζέσθω (let reckon) ὁ (-) τοιοῦτος (such a one), ὅτι (that) οἷοί (such as) ἐσμεν (we
are) τῷ (-) λόγῳ (in word) δι’ (by) ἐπιστολῶν (letters) ἀπόντες (being absent), τοιοῦτοι (such we are)
καὶ (also) παρόντες (being present) τῷ (-) ἔργῳ (in action).
12 Οὐ (Not) γὰρ (for) τολμῶμεν (dare we) ἐνκρῖναι (to classify) ἢ (or) συνκρῖναι (to compare) ἑαυτούς
(ourselves with) τισιν (some) τῶν (-) ἑαυτοὺς (themselves) συνιστανόντων (commending); ἀλλὰ (but)
αὐτοὶ (these) ἐν (by) ἑαυτοῖς (themselves), ἑαυτοὺς (themselves) μετροῦντες (measuring), καὶ (and)
συνκρίνοντες (comparing) ἑαυτοὺς (themselves) ἑαυτοῖς (with themselves), οὐ (not) συνιᾶσιν
(understand).
13 ἡμεῖς (We) δὲ (however) οὐκ (not) εἰς (into) τὰ (the things) ἄμετρα (beyond measure) καυχησόμεθα
(will boast), ἀλλὰ (but) κατὰ (according to) τὸ (the) μέτρον (measure) τοῦ (of the) κανόνος (area) οὗ
(that) ἐμέρισεν (has assigned) ἡμῖν (to us) ὁ (-) ΘC (God), μέτρου (a measure) ἐφικέσθαι (to reach)
ἄχρι (as far as) καὶ (also) ὑμῶν (you).
14 οὐ (Not) γὰρ (for) ὡς (as) μὴ (not) ἐφικνούμενοι (reaching) εἰς (to) ὑμᾶς (you), ὑπερεκτείνομεν (we
are overextending) ἑαυτούς (ourselves); ἄχρι (as far as) γὰρ (for) καὶ (also) ὑμῶν (you), ἐφθάσαμεν
(we came) ἐν (in) τῷ (the) εὐαγγελίῳ (Announcement) τοῦ (-) XC,
15 οὐκ (not) εἰς (to) τὰ (the things) ἄμετρα (beyond measure) καυχώμενοι (boasting) ἐν (in) ἀλλοτρίοις
(others’) κόποις (labors), ἐλπίδα (hope) δὲ (however) ἔχοντες (having), αὐξανομένης (increasing) τῆς
(the) πίστεως (faith) ὑμῶν (of you), ἐν (among) ὑμῖν (you) μεγαλυνθῆναι (to be enlarged) κατὰ
(according to) τὸν (the) κανόνα (area) ἡμῶν (of us), εἰς (to) περισσείαν (abundance),
16 εἰς (so as) τὰ (that) ὑπερέκεινα (beyond) ὑμῶν (you) εὐαγγελίσασθαι (to proclaim the
Announcement), οὐκ (not) ἐν (in) ἀλλοτρίῳ (another’s) κανόνι (area), εἰς (in) τὰ (things) ἕτοιμα (ready)
καυχήσασθαι (to boast).
17 “Ὁ (The one) δὲ (however) καυχώμενος (boasting), ἐν (in) KC (the Lord) καυχάσθω (let him
boast).”
18 οὐ (Not) γὰρ (for) ὁ (the one) ἑαυτὸν (himself) συνιστάνων (commending), ἐκεῖνός (this one) ἐστιν
(is) δόκιμος (approved), ἀλλὰ (but) ὃν (the one whom) ὁ (the) KC (Lord) συνίστησιν (commends).
11:1 Ὄφελον (I wish) ἀνείχεσθέ (you were bearing with) μου (me) μικρόν (little) τι (a) ἀφροσύνης (in
foolishness), ἀλλὰ (but) καὶ (indeed) ἀνέχεσθέ (you do bear with) μου (me).
2 ζηλῶ (I am jealous as to) γὰρ (for) ὑμᾶς (you) ΘC (of God) ζήλῳ (with the jealousy); ἡρμοσάμην (I
have betrothed) γὰρ (for) ὑμᾶς (you) ἑνὶ (to one) ἀνδρὶ (husband), παρθένον (a virgin) ἁγνὴν (pure)
παραστῆσαι (to present) τῷ (-) ΧC.
3 Φοβοῦμαι (I am afraid) δὲ (however), μή (lest) πως (by any means) ὡς (as) ὁ (the) ὄφις (serpent)
ἐξηπάτησεν (deceived) Εὕαν (Euan) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) πανουργίᾳ (craftiness) αὐτοῦ (of him), φθαρῇ
(might be corrupted) τὰ (the) νοήματα (minds) ὑμῶν (of you) ἀπὸ (from) τῆς (the) ἁπλότητος
(simplicity) καὶ (and) τῆς (the) ἁγνότητος (purity) τῆς (-) εἰς (in) ‹τὸν› (-) XC.
4 εἰ (If) μὲν (indeed) γὰρ (for) ὁ (the one) ἐρχόμενος (coming), ἄλλον (another) IC κηρύσσει
(proclaims), ὃν (whom) οὐκ (not) ἐκηρύξαμεν (we did proclaim), ἢ (or) πνεῦμα (a spirit) ἕτερον
(different) λαμβάνετε (you receive) ὃ (which) οὐκ (not) ἐλάβετε (you did receive), ἢ (or) εὐαγγέλιον
(glad tidings) ἕτερον (different) ὃ (which) οὐκ (not) ἐδέξασθε (you did accept), καλῶς (well) ἀνέχεσθε
(are you bearing with it).
5 Λογίζομαι (I reckon) γὰρ (for) μηδὲν (in nothing) ὑστερηκέναι (to have been inferior) τῶν (to those)
“Ὑπερλίαν (most eminent) ἀποστόλων (messengers).”
6 εἰ (If) δὲ (however), καὶ (even) ἰδιώτης (unpolished) τῷ (-) λόγῳ (in speech I am), ἀλλ’ (yet) οὐ (not)
τῇ (-) γνώσει (in knowledge); ἀλλ’ (but) ἐν (in) παντὶ (every way), φανερώσαντες (we have been made
manifest) ἐν (in) πᾶσιν (all things) εἰς (to) ὑμᾶς (you).
7 Ἢ (Or) ἁμαρτίαν (a sin) ἐποίησα (did I commit), ἐμαυτὸν (myself) ταπεινῶν (humbling) ἵνα (so that)
ὑμεῖς (you) ὑψωθῆτε (might be exalted), ὅτι (because) δωρεὰν (freely) τὸ (the) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God)
εὐαγγέλιον (Announcement) εὐηγγελισάμην (I preached) ὑμῖν (to you)?
8 ἄλλας (Other) ἐκκλησίας (assemblies) ἐσύλησα (I robbed), λαβὼν (having received) ὀψώνιον
(support) πρὸς (for) τὴν (the) ὑμῶν (toward you) διακονίαν (service).
9 καὶ (And) παρὼν (being present) πρὸς (with) ὑμᾶς (you) καὶ (and) ὑστερηθεὶς (having been in need),
οὐ (not) κατενάρκησα (I did burden) οὐθενός (no one); τὸ (-) γὰρ (for) ὑστέρημά (the need) μου (of
me) προσανεπλήρωσαν (completely filled up) οἱ (the) ἀδελφοὶ (brothers) ἐλθόντες (having come) ἀπὸ
(from) Μακεδονίας (Macedonia), καὶ (and) ἐν (in) παντὶ (everything) ἀβαρῆ (unburdensome) ἐμαυτὸν
(myself) ὑμῖν (to you) ἐτήρησα (I kept), καὶ (and) τηρήσω (will keep).
10 ἔστιν (Is) ἀλήθεια (the truth) XC ἐν (in) ἐμοὶ (me), ὅτι (that) ἡ (the) καύχησις (boasting) αὕτη (this)
οὐ (not) φραγήσεται (will be sealed up) εἰς (of) ἐμὲ (mine) ἐν (in) τοῖς (the) κλίμασιν (regions) τῆς (-)
Ἀχαΐας (of Achaias).
11διὰ (Because of) τί (why)? ὅτι (Because) οὐκ (not) ἀγαπῶ (I do love) ὑμᾶς (you)? ὁ (-) ΘC (God)
οἶδεν (knows I do)!
12 Ὃ (What) δὲ (however) ποιῶ (I do), καὶ (also) ποιήσω (I will do), ἵνα (so that) ἐκκόψω (I might cut
off) τὴν (the) ἀφορμὴν (opportunity) τῶν (of those) θελόντων (desiring) ἀφορμήν (an opportunity) ἵνα
(that) ἐν (in) ᾧ (what) καυχῶνται (they are boasting), εὑρεθῶσιν (they might be found) καθὼς (as) καὶ
(also) ἡμεῖς (we).
13 οἱ (-) γὰρ (For) τοιοῦτοι (such are) ψευδαπόστολοι (false messengers), ἐργάται (workers) δόλιοι
(deceitful), μετασχηματιζόμενοι (disguising themselves) εἰς (as) ἀποστόλους (messengers) XC.
14 καὶ (And) οὐ (no) θαῦμα (wonder); αὐτὸς (himself) γὰρ (for) ὁ (-) Σατανᾶς (Satans)
μετασχηματίζεται (masquerades) εἰς (as) ἄγγελον (an angel) φωτός (of light).
15 οὐ (It is not) μέγα (surprising) οὖν (therefore), εἰ (if) καὶ (also) οἱ (the) διάκονοι (servants) αὐτοῦ (of
him) μετασχηματίζονται (masquerade) ὡς (as) διάκονοι (servants) δικαιοσύνης (of righteousness), ὧν
(whose) τὸ (-) τέλος (end) ἔσται (will be) κατὰ (according to) τὰ (the) ἔργα (deeds) αὐτῶν (of them).
16 Πάλιν (Again) λέγω (I say), μή (no) τίς (one) με (me) δόξῃ (should think) ἄφρονα (a fool) εἶναι (to
be); εἰ (if) δὲ (however) μή¦γε (otherwise) κἂν (even) ὡς (as) ἄφρονα (a fool) δέξασθέ (receive) με
(me), ἵνα (that) κἀγὼ (I also) μικρόν (little) τι (a) καυχήσωμαι (may boast).
17 ὃ (What) λαλῶ (I am saying), οὐ (not) κατὰ (according to) KC (the Lord) λαλῶ (am I saying), ἀλλ’
(but) ὡς (as) ἐν (in) ἀφροσύνῃ (foolishness), ἐν (in) ταύτῃ (this) τῇ (the) ὑποστάσει (confidence) τῆς
(-) καυχήσεως (of boasting).
18 ἐπεὶ (Since) πολλοὶ (many) καυχῶνται (boast) κατὰ (according to) 〈τὴν〉 (the) σάρκα (flesh),
κἀγὼ (I also) καυχήσομαι (will boast).
19 ἡδέως (Gladly) γὰρ (for) ἀνέχεσθε (you bear with) τῶν (-) ἀφρόνων (fools), φρόνιμοι (wise) ὄντες
(being)!
20 ἀνέχεσθε (You bear it) γὰρ (for) εἴ (if) τις (anyone) ὑμᾶς (you) καταδουλοῖ (enslaves), εἴ (if) τις
(anyone) κατεσθίει (devours you), εἴ (if) τις (anyone) λαμβάνει (takes from you), εἴ (if) τις (anyone)
ἐπαίρεται (exalts himself), εἴ (if) τις (anyone) εἰς (in) πρόσωπον (the face) ὑμᾶς (of you) δέρει (strikes
you).
21 κατὰ (As to) ἀτιμίαν (dishonor) λέγω (I speak), ὡς (as) ὅτι (that) ἡμεῖς (we) ἠσθενήκαμεν (have
been weak)! Ἐν (In) ᾧ (whatever) δ’ (however) ἄν (-) τις (anyone) τολμᾷ (might be daring) — ἐν (in)
ἀφροσύνῃ (foolishness) λέγω (I speak) — τολμῶ (am daring) κἀγώ (I also).
22 Ἑβραῖοί (Hebrews) εἰσιν (are they)? κἀγώ (I also). Ἰσραηλῖταί (Israelites) εἰσιν (are they)? κἀγώ (I
also). σπέρμα (Descendants) Ἀβραάμ (of Abraau) εἰσιν (are they)? κἀγώ (I also).
23 διάκονοι (Servants) XC εἰσιν (are they)? παραφρονῶν (As being beside myself) λαλῶ (I speak) ὑπὲρ
(above measure): ἐγώ (I too), ἐν (in) κόποις (labors) περισσοτέρως (more abundantly), ἐν (in) φυλακαῖς
(imprisonments) περισσοτέρως (more abundantly), ἐν (in) πληγαῖς (beatings) ὑπερβαλλόντως (above
measure), ἐν (in) θανάτοις (deaths) πολλάκις (often).
24 Ὑπὸ (From) Ἰουδαίων (the Jews) πεντάκις (five times) τεσσεράκοντα (forty lashes) παρὰ (minus)
μίαν (one) ἔλαβον (I received).
25 τρὶς (Three times) ἐραβδίσθην (I was beaten with rods), ἅπαξ (once) ἐλιθάσθην (I was stoned), τρὶς
(three times) ἐναυάγησα (I was shipwrecked), νυχθήμερον (a night and a day) ἐν (in) τῷ (the) βυθῷ
(deep sea) πεποίηκα (I have passed);
26 ὁδοιπορίαις (in journeyings) πολλάκις (often), κινδύνοις (in perils) ποταμῶν (of rivers), κινδύνοις
(in perils) λῃστῶν (of robbers); κινδύνοις (in perils) ἐκ (from my own) γένους (race), κινδύνοις (in
perils) ἐξ (from) ἐθνῶν (the Gentiles); κινδύνοις (in perils) ἐν (in) πόλει (the city), κινδύνοις (in perils)
ἐν (in) ἐρημίᾳ (the wilderness); κινδύνοις (in perils) ἐν (on) θαλάσσῃ (the sea), κινδύνοις (in perils) ἐν
(among) ψευδαδέλφοις (false brothers);
27κόπῳ (in labor) καὶ (and) μόχθῳ (toil), ἐν (in) ἀγρυπνίαις (watchings) πολλάκις (often); ἐν (in)
λιμῷ (hunger) καὶ (and) δίψει (thirst), ἐν (in) νηστείαις (fastings) πολλάκις (often); ἐν (in) ψύχει (cold)
καὶ (and) γυμνότητι (nakedness).
28 Χωρὶς (Besides) τῶν (the things) παρεκτὸς (external), ἡ (the) ἐπίστασίς (pressure) μοι (on me) ἡ (-)
καθ’ (on every) ἡμέραν (day) ἡ (is my) μέριμνα (care) πασῶν (for all) τῶν (the) ἐκκλησιῶν
(assemblies).
29 τίς (Who) ἀσθενεῖ (is weak), καὶ (and) οὐκ (not) ἀσθενῶ (I am weak)? τίς (Who) σκανδαλίζεται (is
led into sin), καὶ (and) οὐκ (not) ἐγὼ (I) πυροῦμαι (do burn inwardly)?
30 Εἰ (If) καυχᾶσθαι (to boast) δεῖ (it behooves me), τὰ (in the things) τῆς (of the) ἀσθενείας
(weakness) μου (of me) καυχήσομαι (I will boast).
31 ὁ (The) ΘC (God) καὶ (and) Πατὴρ (Father) τοῦ (of the) KC (Lord) IC οἶδεν (knows), ὁ (the One)
ὢν (being) εὐλογητὸς (blessed) εἰς (to) τοὺς (the) αἰῶνας (ages), ὅτι (that) οὐ (not) ψεύδομαι (I am
lying).
32 ἐν (In) Δαμασκῷ (Damascus) ὁ (the) ἐθνάρχης (governor) Ἁρέτα (under Areta) τοῦ (the) βασιλέως
(king) ἐφρούρει (was guarding) τὴν (the) πόλιν (city) Δαμασκηνῶν (of the Damascenes) πιάσαι (to
seize) με (me).
33 καὶ (But) διὰ (through) θυρίδος (a window) ἐν (in) σαργάνῃ (a basket) ἐχαλάσθην (I was let down)
διὰ (through) τοῦ (the) τείχους (wall), καὶ (and) ἐξέφυγον (I escaped) τὰς (the) χεῖρας (hands) αὐτοῦ
(of him).
12:1 Καυχᾶσθαι (To boast) δεῖ (it behooves me); οὐ (not) συμφέρον (is it profitable) μέν (indeed).
ἐλεύσομαι (I will go on) δὲ (however) εἰς (to) ὀπτασίας (visions) καὶ (and) ἀποκαλύψεις (revelations)
KC (of the Lord).
2 οἶδα (I know) ἄνθρωπον (a man) ἐν (in) XC, πρὸ (ago) ἐτῶν (years) δεκατεσσάρων (fourteen)— εἴτε
(whether) ἐν (in) σώματι (the body), οὐκ (not) οἶδα (I know), εἴτε (or) ἐκτὸς (out of) τοῦ (the) σώματος
(body), οὐκ (not) οἶδα (I know), ὁ (-) ΘC (God) οἶδεν (knows)— ἁρπαγέντα (having been caught up)
τὸν (-) τοιοῦτον (such a man) ἕως (to) τρίτου (the third) οὐρανοῦ (heaven).
3 καὶ (And) οἶδα (I know) τὸν (-) τοιοῦτον (such) ἄνθρωπον (a man)— εἴτε (whether) ἐν (in) σώματι
(the body) εἴτε (or) χωρὶς (out of) τοῦ (the) σώματος (body), οὐκ (not) οἶδα (I know), ὁ (-) ΘC (God)
οἶδεν (knows)
4 ὅτι (that) ἡρπάγη (he was caught up) εἰς (into) τὸν (-) Παράδεισον (Paradise), καὶ (and) ἤκουσεν (he
heard) ἄρρητα (inexpressible) ῥήματα (words), ἃ (-) οὐκ (not) ἐξὸν (being permitted) ἀνθρώπῳ (to
man) λαλῆσαι (to speak).
5 Ὑπὲρ (Concerning) τοῦ (-) τοιούτου (such a man) καυχήσομαι (I will boast); ὑπὲρ (concerning) δὲ
(however) ἐμαυτοῦ (myself), οὐ (not) καυχήσομαι (I will boast), εἰ (if) μὴ (not) ἐν (in) ταῖς (the)
ἀσθενείαις (weaknesses).
6 ἐὰν (If) γὰρ (for) θελήσω (I should desire) καυχήσασθαι (to boast), οὐκ (not) ἔσομαι (I will be)
ἄφρων (a fool); ἀλήθειαν (the truth) γὰρ (for) ἐρῶ (I will be speaking). φείδομαι (I refrain) δέ
(however), μή (lest) τις (anyone) εἰς (to) ἐμὲ (me) λογίσηται (should credit) ὑπὲρ (more than) ὃ (what)
βλέπει (he sees) με (in me), ἢ (or) ἀκούει (hears) ‹τι› (anyone) ἐξ (of) ἐμοῦ (me),
7 καὶ (and) τῇ (the) ὑπερβολῇ (surpassingness) τῶν (of the) ἀποκαλύψεων (revelations). Διὸ
(Therefore) ἵνα (that) μὴ (not) ὑπεραίρωμαι (I should become conceited), ἐδόθη (was given) μοι (to
me) σκόλοψ (a thorn) τῇ (in my) σαρκί (flesh), ἄγγελος (a messenger) Σατανᾶ (of Satana), ἵνα (that)
με (me) κολαφίζῃ (he might buffet), ἵνα (so that) μὴ (not) ὑπεραίρωμαι (I should become conceited).
8 ὑπὲρ (For) τούτου (this), τρὶς (three times) τὸν (the) KC (Lord) παρεκάλεσα (I begged), ἵνα (that)
ἀποστῇ (it might depart) ἀπ’ (from) ἐμοῦ (me).
9 καὶ (And) εἴρηκέν (He said) μοι (to me), “Ἀρκεῖ (Suffices) σοι (you) ἡ (the) χάρις (gift) μου (of Me);
ἡ (the) γὰρ (for) δύναμις (power) ἐν (in) ἀσθενείᾳ (weakness) τελεῖται (is perfected).” Ἥδιστα (Most
gladly) οὖν (therefore) μᾶλλον (rather) καυχήσομαι (will I boast) ἐν (in) ταῖς (the) ἀσθενείαις
(weaknesses) ‹μου› (of me), ἵνα (so that) ἐπισκηνώσῃ (may rest) ἐπ’ (upon) ἐμὲ (me) ἡ (the)
δύναμις (power) τοῦ (-) XC.
10 διὸ (Therefore) εὐδοκῶ (I take pleasure) ἐν (in) ἀσθενείαις (weaknesses), ἐν (in) ὕβρεσιν (insults),
ἐν (in) ἀνάγκαις (hardships), ἐν (in) διωγμοῖς (persecutions), καὶ (and) στενοχωρίαις (difficulties) ὑπὲρ
(for) XC; ὅταν (when) γὰρ (for) ἀσθενῶ (I might be weak), τότε (then) δυνατός (strong) εἰμι (I am).
11 Γέγονα (I have become) ἄφρων (a fool); ὑμεῖς (you) με (me) ἠναγκάσατε (compelled). ἐγὼ (I) γὰρ
(for) ὤφειλον (ought) ὑφ’ (by) ὑμῶν (you) συνίστασθαι (to have been commended). οὐδὲν (In no way)
γὰρ (for) ὑστέρησα (was I inferior) τῶν (to those) “Ὑπερλίαν (most eminent) ἀποστόλων
(messengers),” εἰ (though) καὶ (even) οὐδέν (nothing) εἰμι (I am).
12 τὰ (The) μὲν (indeed) σημεῖα (signs) τοῦ (of the) ἀποστόλου (messenger) κατειργάσθη (were
performed) ἐν (among) ὑμῖν (you) ἐν (in) πάσῃ (all) ὑπομονῇ (perseverance), σημείοις (in signs) τε
(both), καὶ (and) τέρασιν (wonders), καὶ (and) δυνάμεσιν (miracles).
13 τί (In what) γάρ (for) ἐστιν (is it) ὃ (that) ἡσσώθητε (you were inferior) ὑπὲρ (beyond) τὰς (the)
λοιπὰς (rest) ἐκκλησίας (of the assemblies), εἰ (if) μὴ (not) ὅτι (that) αὐτὸς (myself) ἐγὼ (I) οὐ (not)
κατενάρκησα (did burden) ὑμῶν (you)? χαρίσασθέ (Forgive) μοι (me) τὴν (the) ἀδικίαν (wrong)
ταύτην (this)!
14 Ἰδοὺ (Behold), τρίτον (third time) τοῦτο (this), ἑτοίμως (ready) ἔχω (I am) ἐλθεῖν (to come) πρὸς
(to) ὑμᾶς (you), καὶ (and) οὐ (not) καταναρκήσω (I will burden you); οὐ (not) γὰρ (for) ζητῶ (I seek)
τὰ (what is) ὑμῶν (yours), ἀλλὰ (but) ὑμᾶς (you). οὐ (Not) γὰρ (for) ὀφείλει (ought) τὰ (the)
τέκνα (children) τοῖς (for the) γονεῦσιν (parents) θησαυρίζειν (to treasure up), ἀλλὰ (but) οἱ (the)
γονεῖς (parents) τοῖς (for the) τέκνοις (children).
15 ἐγὼ (I) δὲ (now) ἥδιστα (most gladly) δαπανήσω (will spend), καὶ (and) ἐκδαπανηθήσομαι (will be
utterly spent), ὑπὲρ (for) τῶν (the) ψυχῶν (souls) ὑμῶν (of you). εἰ (If) περισσοτέρως (more
abundantly) ὑμᾶς (you) ἀγαπῶν* (loving), ἧσσον (less) ἀγαπῶμαι (I am loved)?
16 Ἔστω (Be it so) δέ (however), ἐγὼ (I) οὐ (not) κατεβάρησα (did burden) ὑμᾶς (you); ἀλλὰ (but)
ὑπάρχων (being) πανοῦργος (crafty), δόλῳ (by trickery) ὑμᾶς (you) ἔλαβον (I caught).
17 μή (Not) τινα (any) ὧν (of whom) ἀπέσταλκα (I have sent) πρὸς (to) ὑμᾶς (you), δι’ (by) αὐτοῦ
(him) ἐπλεονέκτησα (did I exploit) ὑμᾶς (you)?
18 παρεκάλεσα (I urged) Τίτον (Titon to go), καὶ (and) συναπέστειλα (sent with him) τὸν (the) ἀδελφόν
(brother). μήτι (Not) ἐπλεονέκτησεν (did exploit) ὑμᾶς (you) Τίτος (Titos)? οὐ (Not) τῷ (in the) αὐτῷ
(same) Πνεύματι (spirit) περιεπατήσαμεν (did we walk)? οὐ (Not) τοῖς (in the) αὐτοῖς (same) ἴχνεσιν
(steps)?
19 Πάλαι (All along) δοκεῖτε (have you been thinking) ὅτι (that) ὑμῖν (to you) ἀπολογούμεθα (we have
been making a defense)? κατέναντι (Before) ΘC (God) ἐν (in) XC λαλοῦμεν (we speak), τὰ (-) δὲ (but)
πάντα (all things), ἀγαπητοί (beloved), ὑπὲρ (for) τῆς (-) ὑμῶν (your) οἰκοδομῆς (edification).
20 φοβοῦμαι (I fear) γὰρ (for) μή (lest) πως (perhaps), ἐλθὼν (having come), οὐχ (not) οἵους (such as)
θέλω (I wish) εὕρω (I may find) ὑμᾶς (you), κἀγὼ (and I) εὑρεθῶ (might be found) ὑμῖν (by you) οἷον
(such as) οὐ (not) θέλετε (you do wish); μή (lest) πως (perhaps) ἔρις (quarreling), ζῆλος (jealousy),
θυμοί (anger), ἐριθεῖαι (contentions), καταλαλιαί (slander), ψιθυρισμοί (gossip), φυσιώσεις (conceit),
ἀκαταστασίαι (disorder);
21 μὴ (lest) πάλιν (again) ἐλθόντος (having come) μου (of me), ταπεινώσῃ (should humble) με (me) ὁ
(the) ΘC (God) μου (of me) πρὸς (as to) ὑμᾶς (you), καὶ (and) πενθήσω (I should mourn over) πολλοὺς
(many) τῶν (of those) προημαρτηκότων (having before sinned) καὶ (and) μὴ (not) μετανοησάντων
(having repented) ἐπὶ (of) τῇ (the) ἀκαθαρσίᾳ (impurity) καὶ (and) πορνείᾳ (sexual immorality) καὶ
(and) ἀσελγείᾳ (sensuality) ᾗ (that) ἔπραξαν (they have practiced).
13:1 Τρίτον (Third) τοῦτο (this time) ἔρχομαι (I am coming) πρὸς (to) ὑμᾶς (you). “Ἐπὶ (In the)
στόματος (mouth) δύο (of two) μαρτύρων (witnesses) καὶ (or) τριῶν (three), σταθήσεται (will be
established) πᾶν (every) ῥῆμα (matter).”
2 Προείρηκα (I have warned) καὶ (and) προλέγω (I warn), ὡς (as) παρὼν (being present) τὸ (the)
δεύτερον (second time), καὶ (and) ἀπὼν (being absent) νῦν (now) τοῖς (those) προημαρτηκόσιν (having
sinned before), καὶ (and) τοῖς (the) λοιποῖς (rest) πᾶσιν (all), ὅτι (that) ἐὰν (if) ἔλθω (I come) εἰς (to) τὸ
(the same) πάλιν (again), οὐ (not) φείσομαι (I will spare anyone),
3 ἐπεὶ (since) δοκιμὴν (a proof) ζητεῖτε (you seek), τοῦ (-) ἐν (in) ἐμοὶ (me) λαλοῦντος (speaking) XC,
ὃς (who) εἰς (toward) ὑμᾶς (you) οὐκ (not) ἀσθενεῖ (is weak), ἀλλὰ (but) δυνατεῖ (is powerful) ἐν
(among) ὑμῖν (you).
4 καὶ (And) γὰρ (for) ἐσταυρώθη (He was stakepunished) ἐξ (in) ἀσθενείας (weakness), ἀλλὰ (yet) ζῇ
(He lives) ἐκ (by) δυνάμεως (power) ΘC (God’s). καὶ (Also) γὰρ (for) ἡμεῖς (we) ἀσθενοῦμεν (are
weak) ἐν (in) αὐτῷ (Him), ἀλλὰ (but) ζήσομεν (we will live) σὺν (with) αὐτῷ (Him) ἐκ (by) δυνάμεως
(power) ΘC (God’s) εἰς (toward) ὑμᾶς (you).
5 Ἑαυτοὺς (Yourselves) πειράζετε (examine) εἰ (whether) ἐστὲ (you are) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) πίστει (faith);
ἑαυτοὺς (yourselves) δοκιμάζετε (test). ἢ (Or) οὐκ (not) ἐπιγινώσκετε (do you recognize) ἑαυτοὺς
(yourselves) ὅτι (that) ἸC ΧC ἐν (in) ὑμῖν (you), εἰ (if) μήτι (not) ἀδόκιμοί (unapproved) ἐστε (you
are)?
6 ἐλπίζω (I hope) δὲ (now) ὅτι (that) γνώσεσθε (you will know) ὅτι (that) ἡμεῖς (we) οὐκ (not) ἐσμὲν
(are) ἀδόκιμοι (unapproved).
7 Εὐχόμεθα (We pray) δὲ (now) πρὸς (to) τὸν (-) ΘC (God), μὴ (not) ποιῆσαι (to do) ὑμᾶς (you) κακὸν
(wrong) μηδέν (nothing), οὐχ (not) ἵνα (that) ἡμεῖς (we) δόκιμοι (approved) φανῶμεν (might appear),
ἀλλ’ (but) ἵνα (that) ὑμεῖς (you) τὸ (what is) καλὸν (right) ποιῆτε (may do); ἡμεῖς (we) δὲ (though) ὡς
(as) ἀδόκιμοι (unapproved) ὦμεν (might appear).
8 οὐ (Nothing) γὰρ (for) δυνάμεθά (have we power) τι (any) κατὰ (against) τῆς (the) ἀληθείας (truth),
ἀλλὰ (but) ὑπὲρ (for) τῆς (the) ἀληθείας (truth).
9 χαίρομεν (We rejoice) γὰρ (for) ὅταν (when) ἡμεῖς (we) ἀσθενῶμεν (might be weak), ὑμεῖς (you) δὲ
(however) δυνατοὶ (strong) ἦτε (might be). τοῦτο (But this) καὶ (also): εὐχόμεθα (We pray for) τὴν
(the) ὑμῶν (of you) κατάρτισιν (perfection).
10 Διὰ (Because of) τοῦτο (therefore) ταῦτα (these things), ἀπὼν (being absent) γράφω (I write), ἵνα
(so that) παρὼν (being present), μὴ (not) ἀποτόμως (with severity) χρήσωμαι (I should treat you), κατὰ
(according to) τὴν (the) ἐξουσίαν (authority) ἣν (that) ὁ (the) KC (Lord) ἔδωκέν (has given) μοι (me),
εἰς (for) οἰκοδομὴν (building up) καὶ (and) οὐκ (not) εἰς (for) καθαίρεσιν (tearing down).
11Λοιπόν (Finally), ἀδελφοί (brothers), χαίρετε (rejoice)! καταρτίζεσθε (Be perfected), παρακαλεῖσθε
(be exhorted), τὸ (be of the) αὐτὸ (same) φρονεῖτε (mind), εἰρηνεύετε (be at peace). καὶ (And) ὁ (the)
ΘC (God) τῆς (-) ἀγάπης (of love) καὶ (and) εἰρήνης (peace) ἔσται (will be) μεθ’ (with) ὑμῶν (you).
12 Ἀσπάσασθε (Greet) ἀλλήλους (one another) ἐν (with) ἁγίῳ (a holy) φιλήματι (kiss).
13 Ἀσπάζονται (Greet) ὑμᾶς (you), οἱ (the) ἅγιοι (saints) πάντες (all).
14 Ἡ (The) χάρις (gift) τοῦ (of the) KC (Lord) IC ΧC, καὶ (and) ἡ (the) ἀγάπη (love) τοῦ (of) ΘC
(God), καὶ (and) ἡ (the) κοινωνία (fellowship) τοῦ (of the) Ἁγίου (Holy) Πνεύματος (Spirit), μετὰ (be
with) πάντων (all) ὑμῶν (of you).
2 Corinthians Letter 5.pdf
(54.14 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Last edited by lclapshaw on Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lclapshaw

Post by lclapshaw »

Philippians Letter 1 (Philippians 1:1-3:1. Without 2:5-11)
1 Παῦλος (Paulos) καὶ (and) Τιμόθεος (Timotheos), δοῦλοι (servants) XC IC, Πᾶσιν (To all) τοῖς (the)
ἁγίοις (saints) ἐν (in) XC IC τοῖς (-) οὖσιν (being) ἐν (in) Φιλίπποις (Philippi), σὺν (with) ἐπισκόποις
(the overseers) καὶ (and) διακόνοις (servants):
2 Χάρις (Gift) ὑμῖν (to you) καὶ (and) εἰρήνη (peace) ἀπὸ (from) ΘC (God) Πατρὸς (Father) ἡμῶν (of
us) καὶ (and) KC (the Lord) IC
XC.
3 Εὐχαριστῶ (I thank) τῷ (the) ΘC (God) μου (of me) ἐπὶ (upon) πάσῃ (every) τῇ (-) μνείᾳ
(remembrance) ὑμῶν (of you),
4 πάντοτε (always) ἐν (in) πάσῃ (every) δεήσει (supplication) μου (of me) ὑπὲρ (for) πάντων (all) ὑμῶν
(of you), μετὰ (with) χαρᾶς (joy) τὴν (the) δέησιν (supplication) ποιούμενος (making)
5 ἐπὶ (for) τῇ (the) κοινωνίᾳ (partnership) ὑμῶν (of you) εἰς (in) τὸ (the) εὐαγγέλιον (Announcement)
ἀπὸ (from) τῆς (the) πρώτης (first) ἡμέρας (day) ἄχρι (until) τοῦ (-) νῦν (now),
6 πεποιθὼς (being persuaded of) αὐτὸ (the very thing) τοῦτο (this), ὅτι (that) ὁ (the One) ἐναρξάμενος
(having begun) ἐν (in) ὑμῖν (you) ἔργον (a work) ἀγαθὸν (good) ἐπιτελέσει (will complete it) ἄχρι
(until) ἡμέρας (the day) XC IC.
7 Καθώς (Accordingly), ἐστιν (it is) δίκαιον (right) ἐμοὶ (for me) τοῦτο (this) φρονεῖν (to feel) ὑπὲρ
(about) πάντων (all) ὑμῶν (of you), διὰ (since) τὸ (-) ἔχειν (have) με (I) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) καρδίᾳ (heart)
ὑμᾶς (you); ἔν (in) τε (both) τοῖς (the) δεσμοῖς (chains) μου (of me), καὶ (and) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) ἀπολογίᾳ
(defense) καὶ (and) βεβαιώσει (confirmation) τοῦ (of the) εὐαγγελίου (Announcement), συνκοινωνούς
(fellow partakers) μου (with me) τῆς (of) χάριτος (gift) πάντας (all) ὑμᾶς (you) ὄντας (are).
8 μάρτυς (Witness) γάρ (for) μου (my) ὁ (-) ΘC (God is), ὡς (how) ἐπιποθῶ (I long after) πάντας (all)
ὑμᾶς (you) ἐν (in) σπλάγχνοις (the affection) XC IC.
9 Καὶ (And) τοῦτο (this) προσεύχομαι (I pray), ἵνα (that) ἡ (the) ἀγάπη (love) ὑμῶν (of you), ἔτι (yet)
μᾶλλον (more) καὶ (and) μᾶλλον (more) περισσεύῃ (may abound) ἐν (in) ἐπιγνώσει (knowledge) καὶ
(and) πάσῃ (all) αἰσθήσει (discernment),
10 εἰς (for) τὸ (-) δοκιμάζειν (to approve) ὑμᾶς (you) τὰ (the things) διαφέροντα (being excellent), ἵνα
(so that) ἦτε (you may be) εἰλικρινεῖς (pure) καὶ (and) ἀπρόσκοποι (blameless) εἰς (unto) ἡμέραν (the
day) XC,
11 πεπληρωμένοι (being filled) καρπὸν (with the fruit) δικαιοσύνης (of righteousness) τὸν (that is) διὰ
(through) IC XC, εἰς (to) δόξαν (the glory) καὶ (and) ἔπαινον (praise) ΘC (of God).
12 Γινώσκειν (To know) δὲ (now) ὑμᾶς (you), βούλομαι (I want), ἀδελφοί (brothers), ὅτι (that) τὰ (the
things) κατ’ (concerning) ἐμὲ (me), μᾶλλον (really) εἰς (to) προκοπὴν (the advancement) τοῦ (of the)
εὐαγγελίου (Announcement) ἐλήλυθεν (have turned out),
13 ὥστε (so as for) τοὺς (the) δεσμούς (chains) μου (of me) φανεροὺς (clearly known) ἐν (in) XC
γενέσθαι (to have become) ἐν (in) ὅλῳ (all) τῷ (the) πραιτωρίῳ (palace guard), a καὶ (and) τοῖς (to the)
λοιποῖς (rest) πᾶσιν (all);
14 καὶ (and) τοὺς (-) πλείονας (most) τῶν (of the) ἀδελφῶν (brothers), ἐν (in) KC (the Lord)
πεποιθότας (trusting) τοῖς (by the) δεσμοῖς (chains) μου (of me), περισσοτέρως (more abundantly)
τολμᾶν (to dare) ἀφόβως (fearlessly) τὸν (the) λόγον (word)b λαλεῖν (to speak).
15Τ ινὲς (Some) μὲν (indeed) καὶ (even) διὰ (from) φθόνον (envy) καὶ (and) ἔριν (strife), τινὲς (some)
δὲ (however) καὶ (also) δι’ (from) εὐδοκίαν (goodwill) τὸν (-) XC κηρύσσουσιν (are proclaiming)
16 οἱ (the ones) μὲν (indeed) ἐξ (out of) ἀγάπης (love), εἰδότες (knowing) ὅτι (that) εἰς (for) ἀπολογίαν
(defense) τοῦ (of the) εὐαγγελίου (Announcement) κεῖμαι (I am appointed);
17 οἱ (the ones) δὲ (however) ἐξ (out of) ἐριθείας (selfish ambition) τὸν (-) XC καταγγέλλουσιν (are
proclaiming), οὐχ (not) ἁγνῶς (purely), οἰόμενοι (supposing) θλῖψιν (tribulation) ἐγείρειν (to add) τοῖς
(to the) δεσμοῖς (chains) μου (of me).
18 Τί (What) γάρ (then)? πλὴν (Only) ὅτι (that) παντὶ (in every) τρόπῳ (way), εἴτε (whether) προφάσει
(in pretext) εἴτε (or) ἀληθείᾳ (in truth), XC καταγγέλλεται (is proclaimed). καὶ (And) ἐν (in) τούτῳ
(this) χαίρω (I rejoice). ἀλλὰ (Yes), καὶ (and) χαρήσομαι (I will rejoice).
19 οἶδα (I know) γὰρ (for) ὅτι (that) τοῦτό (this) μοι (for me) ἀποβήσεται (will turn out) εἰς (to)
σωτηρίαν (deliverance) διὰ (through) τῆς (-) ὑμῶν (your) δεήσεως (prayer) καὶ (and) ἐπιχορηγίας (the
provision) τοῦ (of the) Πνεύματος (Spirit) ἸC XC,
20 κατὰ (according to) τὴν (the) ἀποκαραδοκίαν (earnest expectation) καὶ (and) ἐλπίδα (hope) μου (of
me) ὅτι (that) ἐν (in) οὐδενὶ (nothing) αἰσχυνθήσομαι (I will be ashamed), ἀλλ’ (but) ἐν (in) πάσῃ (all)
παρρησίᾳ (boldness), ὡς (as) πάντοτε (always) καὶ (also) νῦν (now), μεγαλυνθήσεται (will be
magnified) XC ἐν (in) τῷ (the) σώματί (body) μου (of me), εἴτε (whether) διὰ (by) ζωῆς (life) εἴτε (or)
διὰ (by) θανάτου (death).
21 Ἐμοὶ (To me) γὰρ (for) τὸ (-) ζῆν (to live) ΧC, καὶ (and) τὸ (-) ἀποθανεῖν (to die) κέρδος (is gain).
22 εἰ (If I am) δὲ (however) τὸ (-) ζῆν (to live) ἐν (in) σαρκί (flesh), τοῦτό (this) μοι (for me) καρπὸς (is
the fruit) ἔργου (of labor). καὶ (And) τί (what) αἱρήσομαι (shall I choose)? οὐ (Not) γνωρίζω (I know)!
23 συνέχομαι (I am pressed) δὲ (however) ἐκ (between) τῶν (the) δύο (two), τὴν (the) ἐπιθυμίαν
(desire) ἔχων (having) εἰς (for myself) τὸ (-) ἀναλῦσαι (to depart) καὶ (and) σὺν (with) XC εἶναι (to be),
πολλῷ (very much) γὰρ (for) μᾶλλον (more) κρεῖσσον (better);
24 τὸ (-) δὲ (but) ἐπιμένειν (to remain) ‹ἐν› (in) τῇ (the) σαρκὶ (flesh) ἀναγκαιότερον (is more
necessary) δι’ (for the sake of) ὑμᾶς (you).
25 Καὶ (And) τοῦτο (this) πεποιθὼς (having been persuaded of), οἶδα (I know) ὅτι (that) μενῶ (I will
remain) καὶ (and) παραμενῶ (will continue with) πᾶσιν (all) ὑμῖν (of you) εἰς (for) τὴν (-) ὑμῶν (your)
προκοπὴν (progress) καὶ (and) χαρὰν (joy) τῆς (of the) πίστεως (faith),
26 ἵνα (so that) τὸ (the) καύχημα (boasting) ὑμῶν (of you) περισσεύῃ (may abound) ἐν (to) XC IC ἐν
(in) ἐμοὶ (me) διὰ (through) τῆς (-) ἐμῆς (my) παρουσίας (coming) πάλιν (again) πρὸς (to) ὑμᾶς (you).
27 Μόνον (Only) ἀξίως (worthily) τοῦ (of the) εὐαγγελίου (Announcement) τοῦ (-) XC πολιτεύεσθε
(conduct yourselves), ἵνα (so that) εἴτε (whether) ἐλθὼν (having come) καὶ (and) ἰδὼν (having seen)
ὑμᾶς (you), εἴτε (or) ἀπὼν (being absent), ἀκούω (I might hear) τὰ (the things) περὶ (concerning)
ὑμῶν (you), ὅτι (that) στήκετε (you are standing firm) ἐν (in) ἑνὶ (one) πνεύματι (spirit), μιᾷ (with one)
ψυχῇ (mind) συναθλοῦντες (striving together) τῇ (for the) πίστει (faith) τοῦ (of the) εὐαγγελίου
(Announcement),
28 καὶ (and) μὴ (not) πτυρόμενοι (being frightened) ἐν (in) μηδενὶ (nothing) ὑπὸ (by) τῶν (those)
ἀντικειμένων (opposing you), ἥτις (which) ἐστὶν (is) αὐτοῖς (to them) ἔνδειξις (a demonstration)
ἀπωλείας (of destruction); ὑμῶν (to you) δὲ (however) σωτηρίας (of salvation), καὶ (and) τοῦτο (this)
ἀπὸ (from) ΘC (God).
29 ὅτι (For) ὑμῖν (to you) ἐχαρίσθη (it has been granted) τὸ (-) ὑπὲρ (concerning) XC, οὐ (not) μόνον
(only) τὸ (-) εἰς (in) αὐτὸν (Him) πιστεύειν (to believe), ἀλλὰ (but) καὶ (also) τὸ (-) ὑπὲρ (concerning)
αὐτοῦ (Him) πάσχειν (to suffer),
30 τὸν (the) αὐτὸν (same) ἀγῶνα (conflict) ἔχοντες (having), οἷον (such as) εἴδετε (you saw) ἐν (in)
ἐμοὶ (me) καὶ (and) νῦν (now) ἀκούετε (hear of) ἐν (in) ἐμοί (me).
2:1 Εἴ (If there is) τις (any) οὖν (therefore) παράκλησις (encouragement) ἐν (in) XC, εἴ (if) τι (any)
παραμύθιον (comfort) ἀγάπης (of love), εἴ (if) τις (any) κοινωνία (fellowship) Πνεύματος (of the
Spirit), εἴ (if) τις (any) σπλάγχνα (affections) καὶ (and) οἰκτιρμοί (compassions),
2 πληρώσατέ (fulfill) μου (my) τὴν (-) χαρὰν (joy) ἵνα (so that) τὸ (the) αὐτὸ (same) φρονῆτε (you may
be minded), τὴν (the) αὐτὴν (same) ἀγάπην (love) ἔχοντες (having), σύμψυχοι (united in soul), τὸ (the)
ἓν (same thing) φρονοῦντες (minding),
3 μηδὲν (nothing) κατ’ (according to) ἐριθείαν (self-interest) μηδὲ (or) κατὰ (according to) κενοδοξίαν
(vain conceit), ἀλλὰ (but) τῇ (-) ταπεινοφροσύνῃ (in humility) ἀλλήλους (one another) ἡγούμενοι (be
esteeming) ὑπερέχοντας (surpassing) ἑαυτῶν (themselves),
4 μὴ (not) τὰ (the things) ἑαυτῶν (of themselves) ἕκαστοι (each) σκοποῦντες (considering), ἀλλὰ (but)
καὶ (also) τὰ (the things) ἑτέρων (of others) ἕκαστοι (each).
12 Ὥστε (Therefore), ἀγαπητοί (beloved) μου (of me), καθὼς (just as) πάντοτε (always) ὑπηκούσατε
(you have obeyed), μὴ (not) ὡς (as) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) παρουσίᾳ (presence) μου (of me) μόνον (only),
ἀλλὰ (but) νῦν (now) πολλῷ (much) μᾶλλον (more) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) ἀπουσίᾳ (absence) μου (of me),
μετὰ (with) φόβου (fear) καὶ (and) τρόμου (trembling) τὴν (-) ἑαυτῶν (your own) σωτηρίαν (salvation)
κατεργάζεσθε (work out).
13 ΘC (God) γάρ (for) ἐστιν (is) ὁ (the One) ἐνεργῶν (working) ἐν (in) ὑμῖν (you) καὶ (both) τὸ (-)
θέλειν (to will) καὶ (and) τὸ (-) ἐνεργεῖν (to work) ὑπὲρ (according to) τῆς (His) εὐδοκίας (good
pleasure).
14 Πάντα (All things) ποιεῖτε (do) χωρὶς (without) γογγυσμῶν (murmurings) καὶ (and) διαλογισμῶν
(disputings),
15 ἵνα (so that) γένησθε (you may be) ἄμεμπτοι (blameless) καὶ (and) ἀκέραιοι (innocent), τέκνα
(children) ΘC (of God), ἄμωμα (unblemished) μέσον (in the midst) γενεᾶς (of a generation) σκολιᾶς
(crooked) καὶ (and) διεστραμμένης (perverted), a ἐν (among) οἷς (whom) φαίνεσθε (you shine) ὡς (as)
φωστῆρες (lights) ἐν (in) κόσμῳ (the cosmos),
16 λόγον (the word) ζωῆς (of life) ἐπέχοντες (holding forth), εἰς (unto) καύχημα (a boast) ἐμοὶ (to me)
εἰς (in) ἡμέραν (the day) XC ὅτι (that) οὐκ (not) εἰς (in) κενὸν (vain) ἔδραμον (I did run) οὐδὲ (nor) εἰς
(in) κενὸν (vain) ἐκοπίασα (toil).
17 Ἀλλὰ (But) εἰ (if) καὶ (even) σπένδομαι (I am being poured out as a drink offering) ἐπὶ (on) τῇ (the)
θυσίᾳ (sacrifice) καὶ (and) λειτουργίᾳ (service) τῆς (of the) πίστεως (faith) ὑμῶν (of you), χαίρω (I am
glad) καὶ (and) συνχαίρω (rejoice with) πᾶσιν (all) ὑμῖν (you).
18 τὸ (-) δὲ (And) αὐτὸ (likewise) καὶ (also) ὑμεῖς (you) χαίρετε (be glad) καὶ (and) συνχαίρετέ (rejoice
with) μοι (me).
19 Ἐλπίζω (I hope) δὲ (however) ἐν (in) KC (the Lord) IC, Τιμόθεον (Timotheon) ταχέως (soon)
πέμψαι (to send) ὑμῖν (to you), ἵνα (that) κἀγὼ (I also) εὐψυχῶ (may be encouraged), γνοὺς (having
known) τὰ (the things) περὶ (concerning) ὑμῶν (you).
20 οὐδένα (No one) γὰρ (for) ἔχω (I have) ἰσόψυχον (like-minded), ὅστις (who) γνησίως (genuinely) τὰ
(the things) περὶ (relative to) ὑμῶν (you) μεριμνήσει (will care for).
21 οἱ (Those) πάντες (all) γὰρ (for) τὰ (the things) ἑαυτῶν (of themselves) ζητοῦσιν (are seeking), οὐ
(not) τὰ (the things) XC IC.
22 τὴν (-) δὲ (But) δοκιμὴν (the proven worth) αὐτοῦ (of him) γινώσκετε (you know), ὅτι (that) ὡς (as)
πατρὶ (a father with) τέκνον (a child), σὺν (with) ἐμοὶ (me) ἐδούλευσεν (he has served) εἰς (in) τὸ (the)
εὐαγγέλιον (Announcement).
23 Τοῦτον (Him) μὲν (indeed) οὖν (therefore) ἐλπίζω (I hope) πέμψαι (to send), ὡς (when) ἂν (-) ἀφίδω
(I shall have seen) τὰ (the things) περὶ (concerning) ἐμὲ (me), ἐξαυτῆς (immediately).
24 πέποιθα (I am persuaded) δὲ (now) ἐν (in) KC (the Lord) ὅτι (that) καὶ (also) αὐτὸς (I myself)
ταχέως (soon) ἐλεύσομαι (I will come).
25 Ἀναγκαῖον (Necessary) δὲ (now) ἡγησάμην (I esteemed it), Ἐπαφρόδιτον (Epaphroditon), τὸν (the)
ἀδελφὸν (brother) καὶ (and) συνεργὸν (fellow worker) καὶ (and) συστρατιώτην (fellow soldier) μου (of
me), ὑμῶν (of you) δὲ (now) ἀπόστολον (messenger) καὶ (and) λειτουργὸν (public servant) τῆς (of the)
χρείας (need) μου (of me), πέμψαι (to send) πρὸς (to) ὑμᾶς (you),
26 ἐπειδὴ (since) ἐπιποθῶν (longing after) ἦν (he was) πάντας (all) ὑμᾶς (you) καὶ (and) ἀδημονῶν
(being deeply distressed) διότι (because) ἠκούσατε (you heard) ὅτι (that) ἠσθένησεν (he was ill).
27 καὶ (And) γὰρ (indeed) ἠσθένησεν (he was sick) παραπλήσιον (nearly) θανάτῳ (unto death), ἀλλὰ
(but) ὁ (-) ΘC (God) ἠλέησεν (had mercy on) αὐτόν (him); οὐκ (not) αὐτὸν (on him) δὲ (now) μόνον
(alone), ἀλλὰ (but) καὶ (also) ἐμέ (on me), ἵνα (that) μὴ (not) λύπην (sorrow) ἐπὶ (upon) λύπην
(sorrow) σχῶ (I should have).
28 Σπουδαιοτέρως (All the more speedily) οὖν (therefore) ἔπεμψα (I have sent) αὐτὸν (him), ἵνα (that)
ἰδόντες (having seen) αὐτὸν (him) πάλιν (again), χαρῆτε (you may rejoice), κἀγὼ (and I) ἀλυπότερος
(less anxious) ὦ (might be).
29 προσδέχεσθε (Receive) οὖν (therefore) αὐτὸν (him) ἐν (in) KC (the Lord) μετὰ (with) πάσης (all)
χαρᾶς (joy), καὶ (and) τοὺς (-) τοιούτους (such) ἐντίμους (in honor) ἔχετε (hold),
30 ὅτι (because) διὰ (for the sake of) τὸ (the) ἔργον (work) XC, μέχρι (unto) θανάτου (death) ἤγγισεν
(he came near), παραβολευσάμενος (having disregarded) τῇ (his) ψυχῇ (life) ἵνα (so that) ἀναπληρώσῃ
(he might fill up) τὸ (the) ὑμῶν (of you) ὑστέρημα (deficit) τῆς (of) πρός (toward) με (me) λειτουργίας
(public service).
3:1 Τὸ (-) λοιπόν (Finally), ἀδελφοί (brothers) μου (of me), χαίρετε (rejoice) ἐν (in) KC (the Lord). τὰ
(The) αὐτὰ (same things) γράφειν (to write) ὑμῖν (to you), ἐμοὶ (to me) μὲν (indeed) οὐκ (is not)
ὀκνηρόν (troublesome); ὑμῖν (for you) δὲ (now) ἀσφαλές (is safe).
Philippians Letter 1.pdf
(37.79 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Last edited by lclapshaw on Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lclapshaw

Post by lclapshaw »

Philippians Letter 2 (Philippians 3:2-4:9)
3:2 Βλέπετε (Beware of) τοὺς (the) κύνας (dogs); βλέπετε (beware of) τοὺς (the) κακοὺς (evil) ἐργάτας
(workers); βλέπετε (beware of) τὴν (the) κατατομήν (false circumcision).
3 ἡμεῖς (We) γάρ (for) ἐσμεν (are) ἡ (the) περιτομή (circumcision), οἱ (those) Πνεύματι (in the Spirit)
ΘC (of God) λατρεύοντες (worshiping) καὶ (and) καυχώμενοι (glorying) ἐν (in) XC IC, καὶ (and) οὐκ
(not) ἐν (in) σαρκὶ (the flesh) πεποιθότες (having put confidence),
4 καίπερ (though) ἐγὼ (I) ἔχων (have) πεποίθησιν (confidence) καὶ (even) ἐν (in) σαρκί (the flesh).
Εἴ (If) τις (any) δοκεῖ (thinks) ἄλλος (other) πεποιθέναι (to have confidence) ἐν (in) σαρκί (the flesh),
ἐγὼ (I) μᾶλλον (more):
5 περιτομῇ (circumcision) ὀκταήμερος (on the eighth day); ἐκ (of) γένους (the nation) Ἰσραήλ (of
Israel), φυλῆς (of the tribe) Βενιαμίν (of Benjamin); Ἑβραῖος (a Hebrew) ἐξ (of) Ἑβραίων (Hebrews);
κατὰ (according to) νόμον (the Law), Φαρισαῖος (a Pharisee);
6 κατὰ (according to) ζῆλος (zeal), διώκων (persecuting) τὴν (the) ἐκκλησίαν (assembly); κατὰ
(according to) δικαιοσύνην (righteousness) τὴν (which is) ἐν (in) νόμῳ (the Law), γενόμενος (having
become) ἄμεμπτος (faultless).
7 Ἀλλὰ (But) ἅτινα (whatever things) ἦν (were) μοι (to me) κέρδη (gain), ταῦτα (these) ἥγημαι (I have
esteemed), διὰ (because of) τὸν (-) XC, ζημίαν (loss).
8 ἀλλὰ (But) μὲν (-), οὖν (therefore) γε (indeed), καὶ (also) ἡγοῦμαι (I count) πάντα (all things) ‿ ‿
ζημίαν (loss) εἶναι (to be) διὰ (because of) τὸ (the) ὑπερέχον (excelling) τῆς (-) γνώσεως (knowledge)
XC IC τοῦ (the) KC (Lord) μου (of me), δι’ (because of) ὃν (whom) τὰ (-) πάντα (all things) ἐζημιώθην
(I have lost), καὶ (and) ἡγοῦμαι (esteem them) σκύβαλα (rubbish), ἵνα (that) XC κερδήσω (I may gain)
9 καὶ (and) εὑρεθῶ (be found) ἐν (in) αὐτῷ (Him), μὴ (not) ἔχων (having) ἐμὴν (my own) δικαιοσύνην
(righteousness), τὴν (which is) ἐκ (of) νόμου (the Law), ἀλλὰ (but) τὴν (that) διὰ (through) πίστεως
(faith) ΧC, τὴν (the) ἐκ (of) ΘC (God) δικαιοσύνην (righteousness) ἐπὶ (on the basis of) τῇ (-) πίστει
(faith),
10 τοῦ (-) γνῶναι (to know) αὐτὸν (Him) καὶ (and) τὴν (the) δύναμιν (power) τῆς (of the) ἀναστάσεως
(resurrection) αὐτοῦ (of Him), καὶ (and) [τὴν] (the) κοινωνίαν (fellowship) [τῶν] (of) παθημάτων
(sufferings) αὐτοῦ (of Him), συμμορφιζόμενος (being conformed) τῷ (to the) θανάτῳ (death) αὐτοῦ
(of Him),
11 εἴ (if), πως (by any means), καταντήσω (I may attain) εἰς (to) τὴν (the) ἐξανάστασιν (resurrection)
τὴν (-) ἐκ (out from) νεκρῶν (dead).
12 Οὐχ (Not) ὅτι (that) ἤδη (already) ἔλαβον (I have obtained it), ἢ (or) ἤδη (already) τετελείωμαι
(have been perfected); διώκω (I am pursuing) δὲ (however), εἰ (if) καὶ (also) καταλάβω (I may lay
hold) ἐφ’ (of) ᾧ (that for which) καὶ (also) κατελήμφθην (I was laid hold of) ὑπὸ (by) XC IC.
13 ἀδελφοί (Brothers), ἐγὼ (I) ἐμαυτὸν (myself) οὐ* (not) λογίζομαι (do consider) κατειληφέναι (to
have taken hold of it). ἓν (One thing) δέ (however): τὰ (The things) μὲν (indeed) ὀπίσω (behind)
ἐπιλανθανόμενος (forgetting), τοῖς (to the things) δὲ (now) ἔμπροσθεν (ahead) ἐπεκτεινόμενος
(reaching forward),
14 κατὰ (toward) σκοπὸν (the goal) διώκω (I press on) εἰς (for) τὸ (the) βραβεῖον (prize) τῆς (of the)
ἄνω (upward) κλήσεως (calling) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God) ἐν (in) XC IC.
15 Ὅσοι (As many as) οὖν (therefore) τέλειοι (are mature), τοῦτο (this) φρονῶμεν (should be of mind);
καὶ (and) εἴ (if in) τι (anything) ἑτέρως (differently) φρονεῖτε (you are minded), καὶ (even) τοῦτο (this)
ὁ (-) ΘC (God) ὑμῖν (to you) ἀποκαλύψει (will reveal).
16 πλὴν (Nevertheless) εἰς (to) ὃ (that which) ἐφθάσαμεν (we have attained), τῷ (by the) αὐτῷ (same)
στοιχεῖν (to walk).
17 Συμμιμηταί (Imitators together) μου (of me) γίνεσθε (be), ἀδελφοί (brothers), καὶ (and) σκοπεῖτε
(observe) τοὺς (those) οὕτω* (thus) περιπατοῦντας (walking), καθὼς (as) ἔχετε (you have) τύπον (for a
pattern) ἡμᾶς (us).
18 πολλοὶ (Many) γὰρ (for) περιπατοῦσιν (are walking) — οὓς (of whom) πολλάκις (often) ἔλεγον (I
told) ὑμῖν (you), νῦν (now) δὲ (indeed) καὶ (even) κλαίων (weeping) λέγω (I say) — τοὺς (-) ἐχθροὺς
(as enemies) τοῦ (of the) σταυροῦ (stake) τοῦ (-) XC,
19 ὧν (whose) τὸ (-) τέλος (end is) ἀπώλεια (destruction), ὧν (whose) ὁ (-) ΘC (God is) ἡ (the) κοιλία
(belly), καὶ (and) ἡ (-) δόξα (glory) ἐν (is in) τῇ (the) αἰσχύνῃ (shame) αὐτῶν (of them), οἱ (those) τὰ
(things) ἐπίγεια (earthly) φρονοῦντες (minding).
20 Ἡμῶν (Of us) γὰρ (for) τὸ (the) πολίτευμα (citizenship) ἐν (in) οὐρανοῖς (the heavens) ὑπάρχει
(exists), ἐξ (from) οὗ (whence) καὶ (also) Σωτῆρα (a Savior) ἀπεκδεχόμεθα (we are awaiting), ΚC (the
Lord) IC XC,
21 ὃς (who) μετασχηματίσει (will transform) τὸ (the) σῶμα (body) τῆς (-) ταπεινώσεως (of
humiliation) ἡμῶν (of us), σύμμορφον (conformed) τῷ (to the) σώματι (body) τῆς (of the) δόξης
(glory) αὐτοῦ (of Himself), κατὰ (according to) τὴν (the) ἐνέργειαν (working) τοῦ (-) δύνασθαι
(enabling) αὐτὸν (Him) καὶ (even) ὑποτάξαι (to subdue) αὑτῷ (to Himself) τὰ (-) πάντα (all things).
4:1 Ὥστε (Therefore), ἀδελφοί (brothers) μου (of me), ἀγαπητοὶ (beloved) καὶ (and) ἐπιπόθητοι
(longed for), χαρὰ (the joy) καὶ (and) στέφανός (crown) μου (of me), οὕτως (in this way) στήκετε
(stand firm) ἐν (in) ΚC (the Lord), ἀγαπητοί (beloved).
2 Εὐοδίαν (Euodia) παρακαλῶ (I exhort) καὶ (and) Συντύχην (Suyntychen) παρακαλῶ (I exhort), τὸ
(the) αὐτὸ (same) φρονεῖν (to be of mind) ἐν (in) ΚC (the Lord).
3 ναὶ (Yes), ἐρωτῶ (I ask) καὶ (also) σέ (you), γνήσιε (true) σύζυγε (yokefellow), συλλαμβάνου* (help)
αὐταῖς (these women), αἵτινες (who) ἐν (in) τῷ (the) εὐαγγελίῳ (Announcement) συνήθλησάν (labored
together) μοι (with me), μετὰ (with) καὶ (also) Κλήμεντος (Clementos) καὶ (and) τῶν (the) λοιπῶν
(rest) συνεργῶν (of the fellow workers) μου (of me), ὧν (whose) τὰ (-) ὀνόματα (names are) ἐν (in)
βίβλῳ (the book) ζωῆς (of life).
4 Χαίρετε (Rejoice) ἐν (in) ΚC (the Lord) πάντοτε (always); πάλιν (again) ἐρῶ (I will say), χαίρετε
(rejoice)!
5 τὸ (The) ἐπιεικὲς (gentleness) ὑμῶν (of you) γνωσθήτω (let be known) πᾶσιν (to all) ἀνθρώποις
(men). ὁ (The) ΚC (Lord) ἐγγύς (is near).
6 Μηδὲν (Nothing) μεριμνᾶτε (be anxious about), ἀλλ’ (but) ἐν (in) παντὶ (everything), τῇ (by)
προσευχῇ (prayer) καὶ (and) τῇ (-) δεήσει (supplication), μετὰ (with) εὐχαριστίας (thanksgiving), τὰ
(the) αἰτήματα (requests) ὑμῶν (of you) γνωριζέσθω (let be made known) πρὸς (to) τὸν (-) ΘC (God).
7 καὶ (And) ἡ (the) εἰρήνη (peace) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God) ἡ (-) ὑπερέχουσα (surpassing) πάντα (all) νοῦν
(understanding) φρουρήσει (will guard) τὰς (the) καρδίας (hearts) ὑμῶν (of you) καὶ (and) τὰ (the)
νοήματα (minds) ὑμῶν (of you) ἐν (in) XC IC.
8 Τὸ (-) λοιπόν (Finally), ἀδελφοί (brothers), ὅσα (whatever) ἐστὶν (is) ἀληθῆ (true), ὅσα (whatever)
σεμνά (venerable), ὅσα (whatever) δίκαια (right), ὅσα (whatever) ἁγνά (pure), ὅσα (whatever)
προσφιλῆ (lovely), ὅσα (whatever) εὔφημα (admirable) — εἴ (if) τις (any) ἀρετὴ (excellence) καὶ (and)
εἴ (if) τις (any) ἔπαινος (praise) — ταῦτα (these things) λογίζεσθε (think on).
9 ἃ (What) καὶ (also) ἐμάθετε (you have learned) καὶ (and) παρελάβετε (have received) καὶ (and)
ἠκούσατε (have heard) καὶ (and) εἴδετε (have seen) ἐν (in) ἐμοί (me), ταῦτα (these things) πράσσετε
(practice); καὶ (and) ὁ (the) ΘC (God) τῆς (-) εἰρήνης (of peace) ἔσται (will be) μεθ’ (with) ὑμῶν (you).
Philippians Letter 2.pdf
(36.46 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Last edited by lclapshaw on Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lclapshaw

Post by lclapshaw »

Philippians Letter 3 (Philippians 4:10-23)
4:10 Ἐχάρην (I rejoiced) δὲ (however) ἐν (in) ΚC (the Lord) μεγάλως (greatly) ὅτι (that) ἤδη (now)
ποτὲ (at last) ἀνεθάλετε (you revived) τὸ (the) ὑπὲρ (for) ἐμοῦ (me) φρονεῖν (caring); ἐφ’ (wherein) ᾧ
(which) καὶ (also) ἐφρονεῖτε (you were concerned), ἠκαιρεῖσθε (you were lacking opportunity) δέ
(however).
11 οὐχ (Not) ὅτι (that) καθ’ (as to) ὑστέρησιν (destitution) λέγω (I speak); ἐγὼ (I) γὰρ (for) ἔμαθον
(have learned) ἐν (in) οἷς (that which) εἰμι (I am), αὐτάρκης (content) εἶναι (to be).
12 οἶδα (I know) καὶ (also) ταπεινοῦσθαι (how to be brought low), οἶδα (I know) καὶ (also)
περισσεύειν (how to abound). ἐν (In) παντὶ (everything) καὶ (and) ἐν (in) πᾶσιν (all things), μεμύημαι (I
have learned the secret) καὶ (also) χορτάζεσθαι (to be full) καὶ (and) πεινᾶν (to hunger), καὶ (also)
περισσεύειν (to abound) καὶ (and) ὑστερεῖσθαι (to be deficient).
13 πάντα (For all things) ἰσχύω (I have strength) ἐν (in) τῷ (the One) ἐνδυναμοῦντί (strengthening) με
(me).
14 Πλὴν (But) καλῶς (well) ἐποιήσατε (you did), συνκοινωνήσαντές (having fellowship in) μου (my)
τῇ (-) θλίψει (affliction).
15 οἴδατε (Know) δὲ (now) καὶ (also) ὑμεῖς (you), Φιλιππήσιοι (Philippians), ὅτι (that) ἐν (in) ἀρχῇ (the
beginning) τοῦ (of the) εὐαγγελίου (Announcement), ὅτε (when) ἐξῆλθον (I went out) ἀπὸ (from)
Μακεδονίας (Macedonia), οὐδεμία (not one) μοι (with me) ἐκκλησία (assemble) ἐκοινώνησεν (had
partnership) εἰς (with regard to) λόγον (the matter) δόσεως (of giving) καὶ (and) λήμψεως (receiving),
εἰ (if) μὴ (not) ὑμεῖς (you) μόνοι (alone).
16 ὅτι (For) καὶ (even) ἐν (in) Θεσσαλονίκῃ (Thessalonica), καὶ (both) ἅπαξ (once) καὶ (and) δὶς
(twice), εἰς (for) τὴν (the) χρείαν (needs) μοι (of me) ἐπέμψατε (you sent).
17 Οὐχ (Not) ὅτι (that) ἐπιζητῶ (I seek after) τὸ (the) δόμα (gift), ἀλλὰ (but) ἐπιζητῶ (I seek after) τὸν
(the) καρπὸν (fruit) τὸν (-) πλεονάζοντα (abounding) εἰς (to) λόγον (the account) ὑμῶν (of you).
18 ἀπέχω (I have) δὲ (however) πάντα (all things) καὶ (and) περισσεύω (abound); πεπλήρωμαι (I am
full), δεξάμενος (having received) παρὰ (from) Ἐπαφροδίτου (Epaphroditou) τὰ (the things) παρ’
(from) ὑμῶν (you), ὀσμὴν (an odor) εὐωδίας (of a sweet smell), θυσίαν (a sacrifice) δεκτήν
(acceptable), εὐάρεστον (well-pleasing) τῷ (-) ΘC (to God).
19 Ὁ (-) δὲ (And) ΘC (the God) μου (of me) πληρώσει (will fill up) πᾶσαν (all) χρείαν (the needs)
ὑμῶν (of you), κατὰ (according to) τὸ (the) πλοῦτος (riches) αὐτοῦ (of Him) ἐν (in) δόξῃ (glory) ἐν (in)
ΧC IC.
20 τῷ (To) δὲ (now) ΘC (the God) καὶ (and) Πατρὶ (Father) ἡμῶν (of us is) ἡ (be the) δόξα (glory) εἰς
(to) τοὺς (the) αἰῶνας (ages) τῶν (of the) αἰώνων (ages). ἀμήν (Amen).
21 Ἀσπάσασθε (Greet) πάντα (every) ἅγιον (saint) ἐν (in) ΧC IC. Ἀσπάζονται (Greet) ὑμᾶς (you), οἱ
(the) σὺν (with) ἐμοὶ (me) ἀδελφοί (brothers).
22 Ἀσπάζονται (Greet) ὑμᾶς (you), πάντες (all) οἱ (the) ἅγιοι (saints), μάλιστα (especially) δὲ (now) οἱ
(those) ἐκ (from) τῆς (-) Καίσαρος (Kaisaros) οἰκίας (household).
23 Ἡ (The) χάρις (grace) τοῦ (of the) ΚC (Lord) ἸC XC μετὰ (be with) τοῦ (the) πνεύματος (spirit)
ὑμῶν (of you).
Philippians Letter 3.pdf
(24.73 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
lclapshaw

Post by lclapshaw »

Ok, with the, imo, more possibly original letters of Paulos, namely the Correnthian and Philippian letters posted above, it is time to move on to the letter to the Thessalonians (1 Thessalonians). I am quite frankly on the fence over this but have a reasonably good feeling about it being original to Paulos. For one, it just sounds like Paulos. Also, the letter seems to be made up of two smaller letters very much like the Corinthian and Philippian letters. These four seem to be the only letters attributed to Paul that share this trait.

So, with no further adu here we go. Enjoy! :cheers:

Lane
lclapshaw

Post by lclapshaw »

1 Thessalonians Letter 1 (1 Thessalonians 1:1-2:12 and 4:9-5:28. Without 4:10b-12 and 4:18-5:22 and 5:27)
1 Παῦλος (Paulos) καὶ (and) Σιλουανὸς (Silouanos)a καὶ (and) Τιμόθεος (Timotheos), Τῇ (To the)
ἐκκλησίᾳ (assembly) Θεσσαλονικέων (of the Thessalonians) ἐν (in) ΘC (God) Πατρὶ (the Father) καὶ
(and) KC (the Lord) IC XC: Χάρις (gift) ὑμῖν (to you) καὶ (and) εἰρήνη (peace).
2 Εὐχαριστοῦμεν (We give thanks) τῷ (to) ΘC (God) πάντοτε (always) περὶ (concerning) πάντων (all)
ὑμῶν (of you), μνείαν (mention) ποιούμενοι (making) ἐπὶ (in) τῶν (the) προσευχῶν (prayers) ἡμῶν (of
us),
3 ἀδιαλείπτως (unceasingly) μνημονεύοντες (remembering) ὑμῶν (your) τοῦ (-) ἔργου (work) τῆς (-)
πίστεως (of faith) καὶ (and) τοῦ (-) κόπου (labor) τῆς (-) ἀγάπης (of love), καὶ (and) τῆς (the) ὑπομονῆς
(endurance) τῆς (of the) ἐλπίδος (hope) τοῦ (of the) KC (Lord) ἡμῶν (of us) IC XC, ἔμπροσθεν
(before) τοῦ (the) ΘC (God) καὶ (and) Πατρὸς (Father) ἡμῶν (of us),
4 εἰδότες (knowing), ἀδελφοὶ (brothers) ἠγαπημένοι (beloved) ὑπὸ (by) τοῦ (-) ΘC (God), τὴν (the)
ἐκλογὴν (election) ὑμῶν (of you),
5 ὅτι (because) τὸ (the) εὐαγγέλιον (Announcement) ἡμῶν (of us) οὐκ (not) ἐγενήθη (came) εἰς (to)
ὑμᾶς (you) ἐν (in) λόγῳ (word) μόνον (only), ἀλλὰ (but) καὶ (also) ἐν (in) δυνάμει (power) καὶ (and) ἐν
(in) Πνεύματι (the Spirit) Ἁγίῳ (Holy), καὶ (and) [ἐν] (with) πληροφορίᾳ (full assurance) πολλῇ
(much), καθὼς (just as) οἴδατε (you know) οἷοι (what) ἐγενήθημεν (we were) ἐν (among) ὑμῖν (you) δι’
(on account of) ὑμᾶς (you).
6 Καὶ (And) ὑμεῖς (you) μιμηταὶ (imitators) ἡμῶν (of us) ἐγενήθητε (became), καὶ (and) τοῦ (of the)
KC (Lord), δεξάμενοι (having received) τὸν (the) λόγον (word) ἐν (in) θλίψει (tribulation) πολλῇ
(much), μετὰ (with) χαρᾶς (the joy) Πνεύματος (of the Spirit) Ἁγίου (Holy),
7 ὥστε (so as for) γενέσθαι (to became) ὑμᾶς (you) τύπον (an example) πᾶσιν (to all) τοῖς (the)
πιστεύουσιν (believing ones) ἐν (in) τῇ (-) Μακεδονίᾳ (Macedonia) καὶ (and) ἐν (in) τῇ (-) Ἀχαΐᾳ
(Achaia).
8 ἀφ’ (From) ὑμῶν (you) γὰρ (for) ἐξήχηται (has sounded forth) ὁ (the) λόγος (word) τοῦ (of the)
KC (Lord), οὐ (not) μόνον (only) ἐν (in) τῇ (-) Μακεδονίᾳ (Macedonia) καὶ (and) [ἐν (in) τῇ] (-) Ἀχαΐᾳ
(Achaia), ἀλλ’ (but) ἐν (in) παντὶ (every) τόπῳ (place) ἡ (the) πίστις (faith) ὑμῶν (of you) ἡ (-) πρὸς
(toward) τὸν (-) ΘC (God) ἐξελήλυθεν (has gone abroad), ὥστε (so as for) μὴ (no) χρείαν (need) ἔχειν
(to have) ἡμᾶς (us) λαλεῖν (to say) τι (anything).
9 αὐτοὶ (They themselves) γὰρ (for) περὶ (concerning) ἡμῶν (us) ἀπαγγέλλουσιν (report) ὁποίαν (what)
εἴσοδον (reception) ἔσχομεν (we had) πρὸς (from) ὑμᾶς (you), καὶ (and) πῶς (how) ἐπεστρέψατε (you
turned) πρὸς (to) τὸν (-) ΘC (God) ἀπὸ (from) τῶν (-) εἰδώλων (idols), δουλεύειν (to serve) ΘC (the
God) ζῶντι (living) καὶ (and) ἀληθινῷ (true),
10 καὶ (and) ἀναμένειν (to await) τὸν (the) Υἱὸν (Son) αὐτοῦ (of Him) ἐκ (from) τῶν (the) οὐρανῶν
(heavens), ὃν (whom) ἤγειρεν (He raised) ἐκ (out from) τῶν (the) νεκρῶν (dead), IC, τὸν (the one)
ῥυόμενον (delivering) ἡμᾶς (us) ἐκ (from) τῆς (the) ὀργῆς (wrath) τῆς (-) ἐρχομένης (coming).
2:1 Αὐτοὶ (You yourselves) γὰρ (for) οἴδατε (know), ἀδελφοί (brothers), τὴν (the) εἴσοδον (coming)
ἡμῶν (of us) τὴν (-) πρὸς (to) ὑμᾶς (you) ὅτι (that) οὐ (not) κενὴ (in vain) γέγονεν (has been);
2 ἀλλὰ (but) προπαθόντες (having previously suffered) καὶ (and) ὑβρισθέντες (having been mistreated)
καθὼς (just as) οἴδατε (you know), ἐν (in) Φιλίπποις (Philippi), ἐπαρρησιασάμεθα (we had boldness) ἐν
(in) τῷ (the) ΘC (God) ἡμῶν (of us), λαλῆσαι (to speak) πρὸς (to) ὑμᾶς (you) τὸ (the) εὐαγγέλιον
(Announcement) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God) ἐν (amid) πολλῷ (much) ἀγῶνι (conflict).
3 Ἡ (-) γὰρ (For) παράκλησις (the exhortation) ἡμῶν (of us) οὐκ (is not) ἐκ (of) πλάνης (error), οὐδὲ
(nor) ἐξ (of) ἀκαθαρσίας (impurity), οὐδὲ (nor) ἐν (in) δόλῳ (trickery);
4ἀλλὰ (but) καθὼς (just as) δεδοκιμάσμεθα (we have been approved) ὑπὸ (by) τοῦ (-) ΘC (God)
πιστευθῆναι (to be entrusted with) τὸ (the) εὐαγγέλιον (Announcement), οὕτως (so) λαλοῦμεν (we
speak), οὐχ (not) ὡς (as) ἀνθρώποις (men) ἀρέσκοντες (pleasing), ἀλλὰ (but) ΘC (God), τῷ (the One)
δοκιμάζοντι (examining) τὰς (the) καρδίας (hearts) ἡμῶν (of us).
5 οὔτε (Never) γάρ (for) ποτε (at any time) ἐν (with) λόγῳ (word) κολακείας* (of flattery) ἐγενήθημεν
(were we), καθὼς (just as) οἴδατε (you know), οὔτε (nor) ἐν (with) προφάσει (a pretext) πλεονεξίας (for
greed) — ΘC (God is) μάρτυς (witness) —
6 οὔτε (nor) ζητοῦντες (seeking) ἐξ (from) ἀνθρώπων (men) δόξαν (glory), οὔτε (nor) ἀφ’ (from) ὑμῶν
(you), οὔτε (nor) ἀπ’ (from) ἄλλων (others), δυνάμενοι (though having authority) ἐν (with) βάρει
(weight) εἶναι (to be), ὡς (as) XC ἀπόστολοι (messengers).
7 Ἀλλὰ (But) ἐγενήθημεν (we were) ἤπιοι (gentle) ἐν (in) μέσῳ (the midst) ὑμῶν (of you), ὡς (as) ἐὰν
(if) τροφὸς (a nursing mother) θάλπῃ (would cherish) τὰ (-) ἑαυτῆς (her own) τέκνα (children).
8 οὕτως (So) ὁμειρόμενοι (yearning over) ὑμῶν (you), εὐδοκοῦμεν (we were pleased) μεταδοῦναι (to
have imparted) ὑμῖν (to you) οὐ (not) μόνον (only) τὸ (the) εὐαγγέλιον (Announcement) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of
God), ἀλλὰ (but) καὶ (also) τὰς (our) ἑαυτῶν (own) ψυχάς (lives), διότι (because) ἀγαπητοὶ (beloved)
ἡμῖν (to us) ἐγενήθητε (you have become).
9 Μνημονεύετε (You remember) γάρ (for), ἀδελφοί (brothers), τὸν (the) κόπον (labor) ἡμῶν (of us) καὶ
(and) τὸν (-) μόχθον (hardship): νυκτὸς (Night) καὶ (and) ἡμέρας (day) ἐργαζόμενοι (working), πρὸς
(in order) τὸ (-) μὴ (not) ἐπιβαρῆσαί (to burden) τινα (anyone) ὑμῶν (of you), ἐκηρύξαμεν (we
proclaimed) εἰς (to) ὑμᾶς (you) τὸ (the) εὐαγγέλιον (Announcement) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God).
10 ὑμεῖς (You are) μάρτυρες (witnesses), καὶ (and) ὁ (-) ΘC (God), ὡς (how) ὁσίως (holily), καὶ (and)
δικαίως (righteously), καὶ (and) ἀμέμπτως (blamelessly), ὑμῖν (toward you), τοῖς (those) πιστεύουσιν
(believing), ἐγενήθημεν (we were);
11 καθάπερ (just as) οἴδατε (you know) ὡς (how) ἕνα (one) ἕκαστον (each) ὑμῶν (of you), ὡς (as)
πατὴρ (a father) τέκνα (children) ἑαυτοῦ (his own),
12 παρακαλοῦντες (exhorting) ὑμᾶς (you) καὶ (and) παραμυθούμενοι (comforting) καὶ (and)
μαρτυρόμενοι (charging) εἰς (unto) τὸ (-) περιπατεῖν (to walk) ὑμᾶς (you) ἀξίως (worthily) τοῦ (-) ΘC
(of God), τοῦ (who) καλοῦντος (calls) ὑμᾶς (you) εἰς (into) τὴν (the) ἑαυτοῦ (of Himself) βασιλείαν
(kingdom) καὶ (and) δόξαν (glory).
4:9 Περὶ (Concerning) δὲ (now) τῆς (-) φιλαδελφίας (brotherly love), οὐ (no) χρείαν (need) ἔχετε (you
have for me) γράφειν (to write) ὑμῖν (to you), αὐτοὶ (yourselves) γὰρ (for) ὑμεῖς (you) θεοδίδακτοί
(taught by God) ἐστε (are), εἰς (in order) τὸ (-) ἀγαπᾶν (to love) ἀλλήλους (one another).
10 καὶ (And) γὰρ (for) ποιεῖτε (you are doing) αὐτὸ (this) εἰς (toward) πάντας (all) τοὺς (the) ἀδελφοὺς
(brothers),
13 Οὐ (Not) θέλομεν (we do want) δὲ (but) ὑμᾶς (you) ἀγνοεῖν (to be ignorant), ἀδελφοί (brothers),
περὶ (concerning) τῶν (those) κοιμωμένων (having fallen asleep), ἵνα (so that) μὴ (not) λυπῆσθε (you
should be grieved), καθὼς (just as) καὶ (also) οἱ (the) λοιποὶ (rest), οἱ (those) μὴ (not) ἔχοντες (having)
ἐλπίδα (hope).
14 εἰ (If) γὰρ (for) πιστεύομεν (we believe) ὅτι (that) IC ἀπέθανεν (died) καὶ (and) ἀνέστη (rose again),
οὕτως (so) καὶ (also) ὁ (-) ΘC (God), τοὺς (those) κοιμηθέντας (having fallen asleep) διὰ (through) τοῦ
(-) IC, ἄξει (will bring) σὺν (with) αὐτῷ (Him).
15 Τοῦτο (This) γὰρ (for) ὑμῖν (to you) λέγομεν (we declare) ἐν (in) λόγῳ (the word) KC (of the Lord),
ὅτι (that) ἡμεῖς (we) οἱ (the) ζῶντες (living) οἱ (-) περιλειπόμενοι (remaining), εἰς (unto) τὴν (the)
παρουσίαν (coming) τοῦ (of the) KC (Lord) οὐ (no) μὴ (not) φθάσωμεν (shall precede) τοὺς (those)
κοιμηθέντας (having fallen asleep),
16 ὅτι (because) αὐτὸς (Himself) ὁ (the) ΚC (Lord) ἐν (with) κελεύσματι (a loud command), ἐν (with)
φωνῇ (the voice) ἀρχαγγέλου (of an arch-messenger), καὶ (and) ἐν (with) σάλπιγγι (the trumpet) ΘC (of
God), καταβήσεται (will descend) ἀπ’ (from) οὐρανοῦ (heaven), καὶ (and) οἱ (the) νεκροὶ (dead) ἐν (in)
XC ἀναστήσονται (will rise) πρῶτον (first).
17 ἔπειτα (Then) ἡμεῖς (we) οἱ (the) ζῶντες (living) οἱ (-) περιλειπόμενοι (remaining), ἅμα (together)
σὺν (with) αὐτοῖς (them), ἁρπαγησόμεθα (will be caught away) ἐν (in) νεφέλαις (the clouds) εἰς (for)
ἀπάντησιν (the meeting) τοῦ (of the) KC (Lord) εἰς (in) ἀέρα (the air); καὶ (and) οὕτως (so) πάντοτε
(always) σὺν (with) KC (the Lord) ἐσόμεθα (we will be).
23 Αὐτὸς (Himself) δὲ (now), ὁ (the) ΘC (God) τῆς (-) εἰρήνης (of peace) ἁγιάσαι (may sanctify) ὑμᾶς
(you) ὁλοτελεῖς (completely); καὶ (and) ὁλόκληρον (entirely) ὑμῶν (your) τὸ (-) πνεῦμα (spirit) καὶ
(and) ἡ (-) ψυχὴ (soul) καὶ (and) τὸ (-) σῶμα (body), ἀμέμπτως (blameless) ἐν (at) τῇ (the) παρουσίᾳ
(coming) τοῦ (of the) KC (Lord) ἡμῶν (of us) IC XC, τηρηθείη (may be preserved).
24 πιστὸς (Is faithful) ὁ (the One) καλῶν (calling) ὑμᾶς (you), ὃς (who) καὶ (also) ποιήσει (will do it).
25 Ἀδελφοί (Brothers), προσεύχεσθε (pray) [καὶ] (also) περὶ (for) ἡμῶν (us).
26 Ἀσπάσασθε (Greet) τοὺς (the) ἀδελφοὺς (brothers) πάντας (all) ἐν (with) φιλήματι (a kiss) ἁγίῳ
(holy).
28 Ἡ (The) χάρις (gift) τοῦ (of the) KC (Lord) ἡμῶν (of us) IC XC μεθ’ (be with) ὑμῶν (you).
1 Thessalonians Letter 1.pdf
(33.15 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
lclapshaw

Post by lclapshaw »

1 Thessalonians Letter 2 (1 Thessalonians 2:17-3:13)
2:17 Ἡμεῖς (We) δέ (however), ἀδελφοί (brothers), ἀπορφανισθέντες (having been bereaved) ἀφ’ (of)
ὑμῶν (you) πρὸς (for) καιρὸν (the time) ὥρας (of an hour), προσώπῳ (in face), οὐ (not) καρδίᾳ (in
heart), περισσοτέρως (more abundantly) ἐσπουδάσαμεν (were eager) τὸ (the) πρόσωπον (face) ὑμῶν
(of you) ἰδεῖν (to see) ἐν (with) πολλῇ (great) ἐπιθυμίᾳ (desire).
18 διότι (Therefore) ἠθελήσαμεν (we wanted) ἐλθεῖν (to come) πρὸς (to) ὑμᾶς (you) — ἐγὼ (I) μὲν
(indeed) Παῦλος (Paulos), καὶ (both) ἅπαξ (once) καὶ (and) δίς (twice) — καὶ (and) ἐνέκοψεν
(hindered) ἡμᾶς (us) ὁ (-) Σατανᾶς (Satanas).
19 τίς (Who is) γὰρ (for) ἡμῶν (our) ἐλπὶς (hope), ἢ (or) χαρὰ (joy), ἢ (or) στέφανος (crown)
καυχήσεως (of boasting)? ἢ (Or) οὐχὶ (are not) καὶ (even) ὑμεῖς (you), ἔμπροσθεν (before) τοῦ (the)
ΚC (Lord) ἡμῶν (of us) IC, ἐν (at) τῇ (-) αὐτοῦ (His) παρουσίᾳ (coming)?
20 ὑμεῖς (You) γάρ (for) ἐστε (are) ἡ (the) δόξα (glory) ἡμῶν (of us), καὶ (and) ἡ (-) χαρά (joy).
3:1 Διὸ (Therefore) μηκέτι (no longer) στέγοντες (enduring), εὐδοκήσαμεν* (we thought it best)
καταλειφθῆναι (to be left behind) ἐν (in) Ἀθήναις (Athens) μόνοι (alone),
2 καὶ (and) ἐπέμψαμεν (we sent) Τιμόθεον (Timotheon), τὸν (the) ἀδελφὸν (brother) ἡμῶν (of us) καὶ
(and) συνεργὸν* (fellow worker) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God) ἐν (in) τῷ (the) εὐαγγελίῳ (Announcement) τοῦ
(-) XC, εἰς (in order) τὸ (-) στηρίξαι (to strengthen) ὑμᾶς (you) καὶ (and) παρακαλέσαι (to encourage)
ὑπὲρ (concerning) τῆς (the) πίστεως (faith) ὑμῶν (of you),
3 τὸ (that) μηδένα (no one) σαίνεσθαι (be moved) ἐν (in) ταῖς (the) θλίψεσιν (tribulations) ταύταις
(these). αὐτοὶ (Yourselves) γὰρ (for) οἴδατε (you know) ὅτι (that) εἰς (for) τοῦτο (this) κείμεθα (we are
destined).
4 καὶ (And) γὰρ (indeed), ὅτε (when) πρὸς (with) ὑμᾶς (you) ἦμεν (we were), προελέγομεν (we were
telling beforehand) ὑμῖν (you) ὅτι (that) μέλλομεν (we are about) θλίβεσθαι (to suffer affliction), καθὼς
(just as) καὶ (also) ἐγένετο (it came to pass), καὶ (and) οἴδατε (you know).
5 διὰ (Because of) τοῦτο (this) κἀγὼ (I also), μηκέτι (no longer) στέγων (enduring), ἔπεμψα (sent) εἰς
(in order) τὸ (-) γνῶναι (to know) τὴν (the) πίστιν (faith) ὑμῶν (of you), μή (lest) πως (somehow)
ἐπείρασεν (had tempted) ὑμᾶς (you) ὁ (the one) πειράζων (tempting), καὶ (and) εἰς (in) κενὸν (vain)
γένηται (would be) ὁ (the) κόπος (labor) ἡμῶν (of us).
6 Ἄρτι (Presently) δὲ (however), ἐλθόντος (having come) Τιμοθέου (Timotheou) πρὸς (to) ἡμᾶς (us)
ἀφ’ (from) ὑμῶν (you), καὶ (and) εὐαγγελισαμένου (having brought good news) ἡμῖν (to us) τὴν (of
the) πίστιν (faith) καὶ (and) τὴν (the) ἀγάπην (love) ὑμῶν (of you), καὶ (and) ὅτι (that) ἔχετε (you have)
μνείαν (a remembrance) ἡμῶν (of us) ἀγαθὴν (good) πάντοτε (always), ἐπιποθοῦντες (longing) ἡμᾶς
(us) ἰδεῖν (to see), καθάπερ (just as) καὶ (also) ἡμεῖς (we) ὑμᾶς (you),
7 διὰ (because of) τοῦτο (this) παρεκλήθημεν (we were encouraged), ἀδελφοί (brothers), ἐφ’ (as to)
ὑμῖν (you), ἐπὶ (in) πάσῃ (all) τῇ (the) ἀνάγκῃ (distress) καὶ (and) θλίψει (tribulation) ἡμῶν (of us), διὰ
(through) τῆς (-) ὑμῶν (your) πίστεως (faith).
8 ὅτι (For) νῦν (now) ζῶμεν (we live), ἐὰν (if) ὑμεῖς (you) στήκετε (are standing firm) ἐν (in) ΚC (the
Lord).
9 Τίνα (What) γὰρ (for) εὐχαριστίαν (thanksgiving) δυνάμεθα (are we able) τῷ (-) ΘC (to God)
ἀνταποδοῦναι (to give) περὶ (concerning) ὑμῶν (you) ἐπὶ (in return for) πάσῃ (all) τῇ (the) χαρᾷ (joy) ᾗ
(that) χαίρομεν (we rejoice) δι’ (because of) ὑμᾶς (you), ἔμπροσθεν (before) τοῦ (the) ΘC (God) ἡμῶν
(of us),
10 νυκτὸς (night) καὶ (and) ἡμέρας (day), ὑπερεκπερισσοῦ (exceedingly) δεόμενοι (imploring) εἰς (for
us) τὸ (-) ἰδεῖν (to see) ὑμῶν (your) τὸ (-) πρόσωπον (face) καὶ (and) καταρτίσαι (to supply) τὰ (the
things) ὑστερήματα (lacking) τῆς (in the) πίστεως (faith) ὑμῶν (of you)?
11 Αὐτὸς (Himself) δὲ (now) ὁ (the) ΘC (God) καὶ (and) Πατὴρ (Father) ἡμῶν (of us),
καὶ (and) ὁ (the) ΚC (Lord) ἡμῶν (of us) IC, κατευθύναι (may direct) τὴν (the) ὁδὸν (way) ἡμῶν (of
us) πρὸς (to) ὑμᾶς (you).
12 ὑμᾶς (You) δὲ (now), ὁ (the) ΚC (Lord) πλεονάσαι (may make to increase), καὶ (and) περισσεύσαι
(to abound) τῇ (-) ἀγάπῃ (in love) εἰς (toward) ἀλλήλους (one another), καὶ (and) εἰς (toward) πάντας
(all), καθάπερ (just as) καὶ (also) ἡμεῖς (we) εἰς (toward) ὑμᾶς (you),
13 εἰς (in order) τὸ (-) στηρίξαι (to strengthen) ὑμῶν (your) τὰς (-) καρδίας (hearts), ἀμέμπτους
(blameless) ἐν (in) ἁγιωσύνῃ (holiness) ἔμπροσθεν (before) τοῦ (the) ΘC (God) καὶ (and) πατρὸς
(Father) ἡμῶν (of us) ἐν (at) τῇ (the) παρουσίᾳ (coming) τοῦ (of the) ΚC (Lord) ἡμῶν (of us) IC, μετὰ
(with) πάντων (all) τῶν (the) ἁγίων (saints) αὐτοῦ (of Him). [ἀμήν] (Amen).
1 Thessalonians Letter 2.pdf
(27.85 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
lclapshaw

Post by lclapshaw »

This one, 'Romans 16' may be part of Romans and may be by Paulos but there is no way to know, but I'll include it anyway.

Romans 16
16:1 Συνίστημι (I commend) δὲ (now) ὑμῖν (to you) Φοίβην (Phoiben), τὴν (the) ἀδελφὴν (sister) ἡμῶν
(of us), οὖσαν (being) ‹καὶ› (also) διάκονον (a servant) τῆς (of the) ἐκκλησίας (assembly) τῆς (-) ἐν (in)
Κενχρεαῖς (Kenchreais),
2 ἵνα (that) αὐτὴν (her) προσδέξησθε (you might receive) ἐν (in the) ΚC (Lord) ἀξίως (worthily) τῶν
(-) ἁγίων (of the saints), καὶ (and) παραστῆτε (you might assist) αὐτῇ (her) ἐν (in) ᾧ (whatever) ἂν (-)
ὑμῶν (of you) χρῄζῃ (she may need) πράγματι (matter). καὶ (Also) γὰρ (for) αὐτὴ (she) προστάτις (a
patroness) πολλῶν (of many) ἐγενήθη (has been), καὶ (and) ἐμοῦ (of me) αὐτοῦ (myself).
3 Ἀσπάσασθε (Greet) Πρίσκαν (Priskan) καὶ (and) Ἀκύλαν (Akulan), τοὺς (the) συνεργούς (fellow
workers) μου (of me) ἐν (in) XC IC —
4 οἵτινες (who) ὑπὲρ (for) τῆς (the) ψυχῆς (life) μου (of me), τὸν (the) ἑαυτῶν (of them) τράχηλον
(neck) ὑπέθηκαν (have lain down), οἷς (whom) οὐκ (not) ἐγὼ (I) μόνος (only) εὐχαριστῶ (thank), ἀλλὰ
(but) καὶ (also) πᾶσαι (all) αἱ (the) ἐκκλησίαι (assemblies) τῶν (of the) ἐθνῶν (Gentiles)
5 Ἀσπάσασθε (Greet) Ἐπαίνετον (Epaineton), τὸν (the) ἀγαπητόν (beloved) μου (of me), ὅς (who)
ἐστιν (is) ἀπαρχὴ (a firstfruit) τῆς (-) Ἀσίας (of Asias) εἰς (for) XC.
6 Ἀσπάσασθε (Greet) Μαριάν (Marian), ἥτις (who) πολλὰ (much) ἐκοπίασεν (toiled) εἰς (for) ὑμᾶς
(you).
7 Ἀσπάσασθε (Greet) Ἀνδρόνικον (Andronikon) καὶ (and) Ἰουνίαν (Iounian), τοὺς (-) συγγενεῖς
(kinsmen) μου (of me) καὶ (and) συναιχμαλώτους (fellow prisoners) μου (with me), οἵτινές (who) εἰσιν
(are) ἐπίσημοι (of note) ἐν (among) τοῖς (the) ἀποστόλοις (messengers), οἳ (who) καὶ (also) πρὸ
(before) ἐμοῦ (me) γέγοναν (were) ἐν (in) XC.
8 Ἀσπάσασθε (Greet) Ἀμπλιᾶτον (Ampliaton), τὸν (-) ἀγαπητόν (beloved) μου (of me) ἐν (in the) ΚC
(Lord).
9 Ἀσπάσασθε (Greet) Οὐρβανὸν (Ourbanon), τὸν (the) συνεργὸν (fellow worker) ἡμῶν (of us) ἐν (in)
XC, καὶ (and) Στάχυν (Stachun) τὸν (the) ἀγαπητόν (beloved) μου (of me).
10 Ἀσπάσασθε (Greet) Ἀπελλῆν (Apellen), τὸν (the) δόκιμον (approved) ἐν (in) XC. Ἀσπάσασθε
(Greet) τοὺς (those) ἐκ (of) τῶν (the household) Ἀριστοβούλου (of Aristoboulu).
11 Ἀσπάσασθε (Greet) Ἡρῳδίωνα (Erodiona), τὸν (the) συγγενῆ (kinsman) μου (of me). Ἀσπάσασθε
(Greet) τοὺς (those) ἐκ (of) τῶν (the household) Ναρκίσσου (of Narkissou), τοὺς (-) ὄντας (being) ἐν
(in the) ΚC (Lord).
12 Ἀσπάσασθε (Greet) Τρύφαιναν (Truphainan) καὶ (and) Τρυφῶσαν (Truphosan), τὰς (those)
κοπιώσας (toiling) ἐν (in the) ΚC (Lord). Ἀσπάσασθε (Greet) Περσίδα (Persida), τὴν (the) ἀγαπητήν
(beloved), ἥτις (who) πολλὰ (much) ἐκοπίασεν (toiled) ἐν (in the) ΚC (Lord).
13 Ἀσπάσασθε (Greet) Ῥοῦφον (Roufon), τὸν (the) ἐκλεκτὸν (chosen) ἐν (in the) ΚC (Lord), καὶ (and)
τὴν (the) μητέρα (mother) αὐτοῦ (of him) καὶ (and) ἐμοῦ (of me).
14 Ἀσπάσασθε (Greet) Ἀσύνκριτον (Asunkriton), Φλέγοντα (Phlegonta), Ἑρμῆν (Ermen), Πατρόβαν
(Patroban), Ἑρμᾶν (Erman), καὶ (and) τοὺς (the) σὺν (with) αὐτοῖς (them) ἀδελφούς (brothers).
15 Ἀσπάσασθε (Greet) Φιλόλογον (Philologon) καὶ (and) Ἰουλίαν (Ioulian), Νηρέα (Nerea) καὶ (and)
τὴν (the) ἀδελφὴν (sister) αὐτοῦ (of him), καὶ (and) Ὀλυμπᾶν (Olumpan) καὶ (and) τοὺς (the) σὺν
(with) αὐτοῖς (them) πάντας (all) ἁγίους (saints).
16 Ἀσπάσασθε (Greet) ἀλλήλους (one another) ἐν (with) φιλήματι (a kiss) ἁγίῳ (holy). Ἀσπάζονται
(Greet) ὑμᾶς (you), αἱ (the) ἐκκλησίαι (assemblies) πᾶσαι (all) τοῦ (-) XC.
17 Παρακαλῶ (I exhort) δὲ (now) ὑμᾶς (you), ἀδελφοί (brothers), σκοπεῖν (to watch out for) τοὺς
(those) τὰς (-) διχοστασίας (divisions) καὶ (and) τὰ (-) σκάνδαλα (obstacles) παρὰ (contrary to) τὴν
(the) διδαχὴν (teaching) ἣν (that) ὑμεῖς (you) ἐμάθετε (have learned) ποιοῦντας (causing), καὶ (and)
ἐκκλίνετε (turn away) ἀπ’ (from) αὐτῶν (them).
18 οἱ (-) γὰρ (For) τοιοῦτοι (such) τῷ (the) ΚC (Lord) ἡμῶν (of us) XC οὐ (not) δουλεύουσιν (serve),
ἀλλὰ (but) τῇ (the) ἑαυτῶν (of themselves) κοιλίᾳ (belly); καὶ (and) διὰ (by) τῆς (-) χρηστολογίας
(smooth talk) καὶ (and) εὐλογίας (flattery) ἐξαπατῶσιν (they deceive) τὰς (the) καρδίας (hearts) τῶν (of
the) ἀκάκων (naive).
19 Ἡ (The) γὰρ (for) ὑμῶν (of you) ὑπακοὴ (obedience), εἰς (to) πάντας (all) ἀφίκετο (has reached).
ἐφ’ (Over) ὑμῖν (you), οὖν (therefore) χαίρω (I rejoice); θέλω (I wish) δὲ (however) ὑμᾶς (you) σοφοὺς
(wise) εἶναι (to be) εἰς (to) τὸ (-) ἀγαθόν (good), ἀκεραίους (innocent) δὲ (however) εἰς (to) τὸ (-)
κακόν (evil).
20 Ὁ (The) δὲ (now) ΘC (God) τῆς (-) εἰρήνης (of peace) συντρίψει (will crush) τὸν (-) Σατανᾶν
(Satanan) ὑπὸ (under) τοὺς (the) πόδας (feet) ὑμῶν (of you) ἐν (in) τάχει (a short time). Ἡ (The) χάρις
(gift) τοῦ (of the) ΚC (Lord) ἡμῶν (of us) IC XC μεθ’ (be with) ὑμῶν (you).
21 Ἀσπάζεται (Greets) ὑμᾶς (you) Τιμόθεος (Timotheos), ὁ (the) συνεργός (fellow worker) μου (of
me), καὶ (also) Λούκιος (Louios), καὶ (and) Ἰάσων (Iason), καὶ (and) Σωσίπατρος (Sosipatos), οἱ (the)
συγγενεῖς (kinsmen) μου (of me).
22 Ἀσπάζομαι (Greet) ὑμᾶς (you) ἐγὼ (I), Τέρτιος (Tertios), ὁ (the one) γράψας (having written down)
τὴν (this) ἐπιστολὴν (letter), ἐν (in the) ΚC (Lord).
23 Ἀσπάζεται (Greets) ὑμᾶς (you) Γάϊος (Gaios), ὁ (the) ξένος (host) μου (of me), καὶ (and) ὅλης (of
all) τῆς (the) ἐκκλησίας (assembly). Ἀσπάζεται (Greets) ὑμᾶς (you) Ἔραστος (Erastos), ὁ (the)
οἰκονόμος (steward) τῆς (of the) πόλεως (city), καὶ (and) Κούαρτος (Quartus), ὁ (the) ἀδελφός
(brother).
Romans 16.pdf
(29.04 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
lclapshaw

Post by lclapshaw »

Ok, now for Romans.

Even this stripped down version, missing chapter 4 and chapters 9-11 along with a bunch of passages, felt to be interpolations by various scholars, I still think that, if there is any Paulos in this 'letter' (still waaaaay to long to be an actual letter) he is being hijacked by later authors. But here it is anyway.

Romans (Romans 1:1-15:33 Without 1:18-2:29 and 3:12-18 and 3:24-26 and 4 and 5:1 and 5:6-7 and 5:12-21 and 6:13 and 6:17 and 6:19 and 7:6 and 7:25b-8:1 and 8:9-11 and 9-11 and 12:11 and 13:1-7 and 14:6 and 15:4)

1 Παῦλος (Paulos), δοῦλος (slave) XC IC, κλητὸς (a called) ἀπόστολος (messenger) ἀφωρισμένος
(having been set apart) εἰς (for) εὐαγγέλιον (the Announcement) ΘC (of God),
2 ὃ (which) προεπηγγείλατο (He promised beforehand) διὰ (through) τῶν (the) προφητῶν (prophets)
αὐτοῦ (of Him) ἐν (in) γραφαῖς (the Scriptures) ἁγίαις (Holy),
3 περὶ (concerning) τοῦ (the) Υἱοῦ (Son) αὐτοῦ (of Him), τοῦ (-) γενομένου (having come) ἐκ (of the)
σπέρματος (seed) Δαυὶδ (of David) κατὰ (according to) σάρκα (flesh),
4 τοῦ (-) ὁρισθέντος (having been declared) Υἱοῦ (Son) ΘC (of God) ἐν (in) δυνάμει (power) κατὰ
(according to the) πνεῦμα (Spirit) ἁγιωσύνης (of holiness) ἐξ (by) ἀναστάσεως (resurrection) νεκρῶν
(from the dead), IC XC, τοῦ (the) KC (Lord) ἡμῶν (of us);
5δι’ (through) οὗ (whom) ἐλάβομεν (we have received) χάριν (gift) καὶ (and) ἀποστολὴν
(messagership) εἰς (unto) ὑπακοὴν (obedience) πίστεως (of faith) ἐν (among) πᾶσιν (all) τοῖς (the)
ἔθνεσιν (Gentiles) ὑπὲρ (on behalf of) τοῦ (the) ὀνόματος (name) αὐτοῦ (of Him),
6 ἐν (among) οἷς (whom) ἐστε (are) καὶ (also) ὑμεῖς (you) κλητοὶ (called) IC XC.
7 Πᾶσιν (To all) τοῖς (those) οὖσιν (being) ἐν (in) Ῥώμῃ (Rome), ἀγαπητοῖς (beloved) ΘC (of God),
κλητοῖς (called) ἁγίοις (saints): Χάρις (Gift) ὑμῖν (to you) καὶ (and) εἰρήνη (peace) ἀπὸ (from) ΘC
(God) Πατρὸς (the Father) ἡμῶν (of us) καὶ (and) KC (the Lord) IC XC.
8 Πρῶτον (First) μὲν (indeed), εὐχαριστῶ (I thank) τῷ (the) ΘC (God) μου (of me) διὰ (through) IC
XC περὶ (for) πάντων (all) ὑμῶν (of you), ὅτι (because) ἡ (the) πίστις (faith) ὑμῶν (of you)
καταγγέλλεται (is being proclaimed) ἐν (in) ὅλῳ (all) τῷ (the) κόσμῳ (cosmos).
9 μάρτυς (Witness) γάρ (for) μού (my) ἐστιν (is) ὁ (-) ΘC (God), ᾧ (whom) λατρεύω (I serve) ἐν (in)
τῷ (the) πνεύματί (spirit) μου (of me) ἐν (in) τῷ (the) εὐαγγελίῳ (Announcement) τοῦ (of the) Υἱοῦ
(Son) αὐτοῦ (of Him), ὡς (how) ἀδιαλείπτως (unceasingly) μνείαν (mention) ὑμῶν (of you)
ποιοῦμαι (I make),
10 πάντοτε (always) ἐπὶ (upon) τῶν (the) προσευχῶν (prayers) μου (of me) δεόμενος (imploring), εἴ
(if) πως (perhaps) ἤδη (now) ποτὲ (at last) εὐοδωθήσομαι (I will make a prosperous journey) ἐν (by) τῷ
(the) θελήματι (will) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God), ἐλθεῖν (to come) πρὸς (to) ὑμᾶς (you).
11 ἐπιποθῶ (I long) γὰρ (for) ἰδεῖν (to see) ὑμᾶς (you), ἵνα (that) τι (some) μεταδῶ (I may impart)
χάρισμα (gift making) ὑμῖν (to you) πνευματικὸν (spiritual), εἰς (to) τὸ (the) στηριχθῆναι
(strengthening) ὑμᾶς (of you),
12 τοῦτο (that) δέ (now) ἐστιν (is), συμπαρακληθῆναι (to be encouraged together) ἐν (among) ὑμῖν
(you), διὰ (through) τῆς (the) ἐν (among) ἀλλήλοις (one another) πίστεως (faith) ὑμῶν (of you) τε
(both) καὶ (and) ἐμοῦ (of me).
13 Οὐ (Not) θέλω (I do want) δὲ (now) ὑμᾶς (you) ἀγνοεῖν (to be ignorant), ἀδελφοί (brothers), ὅτι
(that) πολλάκις (many times) προεθέμην (I purposed) ἐλθεῖν (to come) πρὸς (to) ὑμᾶς (you), καὶ (and)
ἐκωλύθην (was hindered), ἄχρι (until) τοῦ (the) δεῦρο (present), ἵνα (that) τινὰ (some) καρπὸν (fruit)
σχῶ (I might have) καὶ (also) ἐν (among) ὑμῖν (you), καθὼς (as) καὶ (even) ἐν (among) τοῖς (the)
λοιποῖς (other) ἔθνεσιν (Gentiles).
14 Ἕλλησίν (To Greeks) τε (both) καὶ (and) Βαρβάροις (to barbarians), σοφοῖς (to the wise) τε (both)
καὶ (and) ἀνοήτοις (the foolish), ὀφειλέτης (a debtor) εἰμί (I am).
15 οὕτως (Thus) τὸ (-) κατ’ (as to) ἐμὲ (me there is) πρόθυμον (readiness) καὶ (also) ὑμῖν (to you) τοῖς
(who are) ἐν (in) Ῥώμῃ (Rome), εὐαγγελίσασθαι (to proclaim the Announcement).
16 Οὐ (Not) γὰρ (for) ἐπαισχύνομαι (I am ashamed of) τὸ (the) εὐαγγέλιον (Announcement), δύναμις
(the power) γὰρ (for) ΘC (of God) ἐστιν (it is), εἰς (unto) σωτηρίαν (salvation) παντὶ (to everyone) τῷ
(-) πιστεύοντι (believing)— Ἰουδαίῳ (to Jewish) τε (both) πρῶτον (first) καὶ (and) Ἕλληνι (to Greek).
17 δικαιοσύνη (The righteousness) γὰρ (for) ΘC (of God) ἐν (in) αὐτῷ (it) ἀποκαλύπτεται (is revealed),
ἐκ (from) πίστεως (faith) εἰς (to) πίστιν (faith), καθὼς (as) γέγραπται (it has been written): “Ὁ (-) δὲ
(And) δίκαιος (the righteous) ἐκ (by) πίστεως (faith) ζήσεται (will live).”
3:1 Τί (What) οὖν (then is) τὸ (the) περισσὸν (superiority) τοῦ (of the) Ἰουδαίου (Jew)? ἢ (Or) τίς
(what is) ἡ (the) ὠφέλεια (benefit) τῆς (of the) περιτομῆς (circumcision)?
2 πολὺ (Much) κατὰ (in) πάντα (every) τρόπον (way). πρῶτον (Chiefly) μὲν (indeed)
γὰρ (for) ὅτι (that) ἐπιστεύθησαν (they were entrusted with) τὰ (the) λόγια (oracles) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of
God).
3 Τί (What) γάρ (for) εἰ (if) ἠπίστησάν (disbelieved) τινες (some)? μὴ (Not) ἡ (the) ἀπιστία (unbelief)
αὐτῶν (of them), τὴν (the) πίστιν (faithfulness) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God) καταργήσει (will nullify)?
4 μὴ (Never) γένοιτο (may it be)! γινέσθω (Let be) δὲ (however) ὁ (-) ΘC (God) ἀληθής (true), πᾶς
(every) δὲ (now) ἄνθρωπος (man) ψεύστης (a liar), καθὼς* (as) γέγραπται (it has been written):
“Ὅπως (That) ἂν (-) δικαιωθῇς (You may be justified) ἐν (in) τοῖς (the) λόγοις (words) σου (of You),
καὶ (and) νικήσεις (will prevail) ἐν (in) τῷ (-) κρίνεσθαί (being judged) σε (Your).”
5 Εἰ (If) δὲ (however) ἡ (the) ἀδικία (unrighteousness) ἡμῶν (of us), ΘC (God’s) δικαιοσύνην
(righteousness) συνίστησιν (shows), τί (what) ἐροῦμεν (shall we say)? μὴ (Is) ἄδικος (unrighteous) ὁ
(-) ΘC (God), ὁ (-) ἐπιφέρων (inflicting) τὴν (the) ὀργήν (wrath)? κατὰ (According to) ἄνθρωπον (man)
λέγω (I speak).
6 μὴ (Never) γένοιτο (may it be)! ἐπεὶ (Otherwise), πῶς (how) κρινεῖ (will judge) ὁ (-) ΘC (God) τὸν
(the) κόσμον (cosmos)?
7εἰ (If) δὲ (however) ἡ (the) ἀλήθεια (truth) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God), ἐν (in) τῷ (-) ἐμῷ (my) ψεύσματι
(lie), ἐπερίσσευσεν (abounded) εἰς (to) τὴν (the) δόξαν (glory) αὐτοῦ (of Him), τί (why) ἔτι (still) κἀγὼ
(also I) ὡς (as) ἁμαρτωλὸς (a sinner) κρίνομαι (am judged)?
8 καὶ (And is it) μὴ (not), καθὼς (as) βλασφημούμεθα (we are slanderously charged), καὶ (and) καθώς
(as) φασίν (affirm) τινες (some that) ἡμᾶς (us) λέγειν (to say) ὅτι (-), “Ποιήσωμεν (Let us do) τὰ
(things) κακὰ (evil), ἵνα (that) ἔλθῃ (may come) τὰ (the) ἀγαθά (good things)?” ὧν (Their) τὸ (-) κρίμα
(condemnation) ἔνδικόν (just) ἐστιν (is).
9 Τί (What) οὖν (then)? προεχόμεθα (Are we better)? οὐ (Not) πάντως (at all). προῃτιασάμεθα (We
have already charged) γὰρ (for) Ἰουδαίους (Jews) τε (both) καὶ (and) Ἕλληνας (Greeks) πάντας (all)
ὑφ’ (under) ἁμαρτίαν (sin) εἶναι (to be).
10 καθὼς (As) γέγραπται (it has been written) ὅτι (-): “Οὐκ (None) ἔστιν (there is) δίκαιος (righteous),
οὐδὲ (not even) εἷς (one);
11 οὐκ (none) ἔστιν (there is) ὁ (-) συνίων (understanding); οὐκ (none) ἔστιν (there is) ὁ (-) ἐκζητῶν
(seeking after) τὸν (-) ΘC (God).
19 Οἴδαμεν (We know) δὲ (now) ὅτι (that) ὅσα (whatever) ὁ (the) νόμος (law) λέγει (says), τοῖς (to
those) ἐν (under) τῷ (the) νόμῳ (law) λαλεῖ (it speaks), ἵνα (so that) πᾶν (every) στόμα (mouth) φραγῇ
(may be stopped), καὶ (and) ὑπόδικος (under judgment) γένηται (may be) πᾶς (all) ὁ (the) κόσμος
(cosmos) τῷ (-) ΘC (to God).
20 διότι (Therefore) ἐξ (by) ἔργων (works) νόμου (of the Law) οὐ (not) δικαιωθήσεται (will be
justified) πᾶσα (any) σὰρξ (flesh) ἐνώπιον (before) αὐτοῦ (Him); διὰ (through) γὰρ (for) νόμου (the
Law) ἐπίγνωσις (is knowledge) ἁμαρτίας (of sin).
21 Νυνὶ (Now) δὲ (however), χωρὶς (apart from) νόμου (law), δικαιοσύνη (the righteousness) ΘC (of
God) πεφανέρωται (has been revealed), μαρτυρουμένη (being borne witness to) ὑπὸ (by) τοῦ (the)
νόμου (Law) καὶ (and) τῶν (the) προφητῶν (Prophets),
22 δικαιοσύνη (the righteousness) δὲ (now) ΘC (of God) διὰ (through) πίστεως (faith) ἸC XC εἰς
(toward) πάντας (all) τοὺς (those) πιστεύοντας (believing). οὐ (Not) γάρ (for) ἐστιν (there is) διαστολή
(distinction).
23 πάντες (All) γὰρ (for) ἥμαρτον (have sinned) καὶ (and) ὑστεροῦνται (fall short) τῆς (of the) δόξης
(glory) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God)
27 Ποῦ (Where) οὖν (then is) ἡ (the) καύχησις (boasting)? ἐξεκλείσθη (It has been excluded). διὰ
(Through) ποίου (what) νόμου (principle)? τῶν (That) ἔργων (of works)? οὐχί (No), ἀλλὰ (but) διὰ
(through) νόμου (the principle) πίστεως (of faith).
28 λογιζόμεθα (We reckon) γὰρ (therefore) δικαιοῦσθαι (to be justified) πίστει (by faith) ἄνθρωπον (a
man), χωρὶς (apart from) ἔργων (works) νόμου (of the Law).
29 Ἢ (Or) Ἰουδαίων (of Jews) ὁ (is He the) ΘC (God) μόνον (only), οὐχὶ (not) καὶ (also) ἐθνῶν (of
Gentiles)? ναὶ (Yes), καὶ (also) ἐθνῶν (of Gentiles),
30 εἴπερ (since indeed) εἷς (One) ὁ (-) ΘC (God is), ὃς (who) δικαιώσει (will justify) περιτομὴν (the
circumcision) ἐκ (by) πίστεως (faith) καὶ (and) ἀκροβυστίαν (the uncircumcision) διὰ (through) τῆς
(the same) πίστεως (faith).
31 Νόμον (Law) οὖν (then) καταργοῦμεν (do we nullify) διὰ (through) τῆς (-) πίστεως (faith)? μὴ
(Never) γένοιτο (may it be)! ἀλλὰ (Instead), νόμον (law) ἱστάνομεν (we uphold).
5:2 δι’ (through) οὗ (whom) καὶ (also) τὴν (-) προσαγωγὴν (access) ἐσχήκαμεν (we have) τῇ (by the)
πίστει (faith) εἰς (into) τὴν (the) χάριν (gift) ταύτην (this) ἐν (in) ᾗ (which) ἑστήκαμεν (we stand); καὶ
(and) καυχώμεθα (we boast) ἐπ’ (in) ἐλπίδι (hope) τῆς (of the) δόξης (glory) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God).
3 Οὐ (Not) μόνον (only so) δέ (now), ἀλλὰ (but) καὶ (also) καυχώμεθα (we glory) ἐν (in) ταῖς (-)
θλίψεσιν (tribulations), εἰδότες (knowing) ὅτι (that) ἡ (-) θλῖψις (tribulation), ὑπομονὴν (perseverance)
κατεργάζεται (produces);
4 ἡ (-) δὲ (And) ὑπομονὴ (perseverance), δοκιμήν (character); ἡ (-) δὲ (and) δοκιμὴ (character), ἐλπίδα
(hope).
5 ἡ (-) δὲ (And) ἐλπὶς (hope) οὐ (not) καταισχύνει (does make us ashamed), ὅτι (because) ἡ (the) ἀγάπη
(love) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God) ἐκκέχυται (has been poured out) ἐν (into) ταῖς (the) καρδίαις (hearts) ἡμῶν
(of us) διὰ (through) Πνεύματος (the Spirit) Ἁγίου (Holy), τοῦ (the One) δοθέντος (having been given)
ἡμῖν (to us).
8 συνίστησιν (Demonstrates) δὲ (however) τὴν (the) ἑαυτοῦ (of Himself) ἀγάπην (love) εἰς (to) ἡμᾶς
(us) ὁ (-) ΘC (God), ὅτι (that) ἔτι (still) ἁμαρτωλῶν (sinners) ὄντων (being) ἡμῶν (of us), XC ὑπὲρ
(for) ἡμῶν (us) ἀπέθανεν (died).
9 Πολλῷ (Much) οὖν (therefore) μᾶλλον (more), δικαιωθέντες (having been justified) νῦν (now) ἐν
(by) τῷ (the) αἵματι (blood) αὐτοῦ (of Him), σωθησόμεθα (we will be saved) δι’ (by) αὐτοῦ (Him) ἀπὸ
(from) τῆς (the) ὀργῆς (wrath)!
10εἰ (If) γὰρ (for), ἐχθροὶ (enemies) ὄντες (being), κατηλλάγημεν (we were reconciled) τῷ (-) ΘC (to
God) διὰ (through) τοῦ (the) θανάτου (death) τοῦ (of the) Υἱοῦ (Son) αὐτοῦ (of Him), πολλῷ (much)
μᾶλλον (more), καταλλαγέντες (having been reconciled), σωθησόμεθα (shall we be saved) ἐν (in)
τῇ (the) ζωῇ (life) αὐτοῦ (of Him)!
11οὐ (Not) μόνον (only so) δέ (now), ἀλλὰ (but) καὶ (also) καυχώμενοι (we are rejoicing) ἐν (in) τῷ (-)
ΘC (God) διὰ (through) τοῦ (the) KC (Lord) ἡμῶν (of us) IC XC, δι’ (through) οὗ (whom)
νῦν (now) τὴν (the) καταλλαγὴν (reconciliation) ἐλάβομεν (we have received).
6:1 Τί (What) οὖν (then) ἐροῦμεν (will we say)? ἐπιμένωμεν (Shall we continue) τῇ (-) ἁμαρτίᾳ (in
sin), ἵνα (that) ἡ (-) χάρις (gift) πλεονάσῃ (may abound)?
2 μὴ (Never) γένοιτο (may it be)! οἵτινες (Who) ἀπεθάνομεν (we died) τῇ (-) ἁμαρτίᾳ (to sin),
πῶς (how) ἔτι (still) ζήσομεν (shall we live) ἐν (in) αὐτῇ (it)?
3 ἢ (Or) ἀγνοεῖτε (are you unaware) ὅτι (that) ὅσοι (as many as) ἐβαπτίσθημεν (have been baptized) εἰς
(into) XC IC, εἰς (into) τὸν (the) θάνατον (death) αὐτοῦ (of Him) ἐβαπτίσθημεν (have been baptized)?
4 συνετάφημεν (We were buried) οὖν (therefore) αὐτῷ (with Him) διὰ (through) τοῦ (-) βαπτίσματος
(baptism) εἰς (into) τὸν (-) θάνατον (death), ἵνα (so that) ὥσπερ (just as) ἠγέρθη (was raised up) XC ἐκ
(out from) νεκρῶν (the dead) διὰ (by) τῆς (the) δόξης (glory) τοῦ (of the) Πατρός (Father), οὕτως (so)
καὶ (also) ἡμεῖς (we) ἐν (in) καινότητι (newness) ζωῆς (of life) περιπατήσωμεν (should walk).
5 Εἰ (If) γὰρ (for) σύμφυτοι (united) γεγόναμεν (we have become) τῷ (in the) ὁμοιώματι (likeness) τοῦ
(of the) θανάτου (death) αὐτοῦ (of Him), ἀλλὰ (certainly) καὶ (also) τῆς (of the) ἀναστάσεως
(resurrection) ἐσόμεθα (we will be);
6 τοῦτο (this) γινώσκοντες (knowing), ὅτι (that) ὁ (-) παλαιὸς (old) ἡμῶν (of us) ἄνθρωπος (self)
συνεσταυρώθη (was crucified with Him), ἵνα (so that) καταργηθῇ (might be annulled) τὸ (the) σῶμα
(body) τῆς (-) ἁμαρτίας (of sin), τοῦ (that) μηκέτι (no longer) δουλεύειν (are enslaved) ἡμᾶς (we) τῇ (-)
ἁμαρτίᾳ (to sin).
7 ὁ (The one) γὰρ (for) ἀποθανὼν (having died) δεδικαίωται (has been freed) ἀπὸ (from) τῆς (-)
ἁμαρτίας (sin).
8 Εἰ (If) δὲ (now) ἀπεθάνομεν (we died) σὺν (with) XC, πιστεύομεν (we believe) ὅτι (that) καὶ (also)
συζήσομεν* (we will live with) αὐτῷ (Him),
9 εἰδότες (knowing) ὅτι (that) XC, ἐγερθεὶς (having been raised up) ἐκ (out from) νεκρῶν (the dead),
οὐκέτι (no more) ἀποθνῄσκει (dies). θάνατος (Death) αὐτοῦ (Him) οὐκέτι (no longer)
κυριεύει (rules over).
10 ὃ (That which) γὰρ (for) ἀπέθανεν (He died), τῇ (-) ἁμαρτίᾳ (to sin) ἀπέθανεν (He died) ἐφάπαξ
(once for all); ὃ (that which) δὲ (however) ζῇ (He lives), ζῇ (He lives) τῷ (-) ΘC (to God).
11 οὕτως (So) καὶ (also) ὑμεῖς (you), λογίζεσθε (consider) ἑαυτοὺς (yourselves) εἶναι (to be) νεκροὺς
(dead) μὲν (indeed) τῇ (-) ἁμαρτίᾳ (to sin), ζῶντας (living) δὲ (however) τῷ (-) ΘC (to God) ἐν (in) XC
IC.
12 Μὴ (Not) οὖν (therefore) βασιλευέτω (let reign) ἡ (-) ἁμαρτία (sin) ἐν (in) τῷ (the) θνητῷ (mortal)
ὑμῶν (of you) σώματι (body), εἰς (in order) τὸ (-) ὑπακούειν (to obey) ταῖς (the) ἐπιθυμίαις (desires)
αὐτοῦ (of it).
14 ἁμαρτία (Sin) γὰρ (for) ὑμῶν (you) οὐ (not) κυριεύσει (will rule over), οὐ (not) γάρ (for) ἐστε (you
are) ὑπὸ (under) νόμον (law), ἀλλὰ (but) ὑπὸ (under) χάριν (gift).
15 Τί (What) οὖν (then)? ἁμαρτήσωμεν (Shall we sin) ὅτι (because) οὐκ (not) ἐσμὲν (we are) ὑπὸ
(under) νόμον (law), ἀλλὰ (but) ὑπὸ (under) χάριν (gift)? μὴ (Never) γένοιτο (may it be)!
16 οὐκ (Not) οἴδατε (know you) ὅτι (that) ᾧ (to whom) παριστάνετε (you yield) ἑαυτοὺς (yourselves)
δούλους (as slaves) εἰς (for) ὑπακοήν (obedience), δοῦλοί (slaves) ἐστε (you are) ᾧ (to him whom)
ὑπακούετε (you obey), ἤτοι (whether) ἁμαρτίας (of sin) εἰς (to) θάνατον (death), ἢ (or) ὑπακοῆς (of
obedience) εἰς (to) δικαιοσύνην (righteousness)?
18 ἐλευθερωθέντες (Having been set free) δὲ (now) ἀπὸ (from) τῆς (-) ἁμαρτίας (sin), ἐδουλώθητε (you
have become slaves) τῇ (-) δικαιοσύνῃ (to righteousness).
20 Ὅτε (When) γὰρ (for) δοῦλοι (slaves) ἦτε (you were) τῆς (-) ἁμαρτίας (of sin), ἐλεύθεροι (free) ἦτε
(you were) τῇ (-) δικαιοσύνῃ (from righteousness).
21 τίνα (What) οὖν (therefore) καρπὸν (fruit) εἴχετε (had you) τότε (then) ἐφ’ (in the things) οἷς (of
which) νῦν (now) ἐπαισχύνεσθε (you are ashamed)? τὸ (The) γὰρ (for) τέλος (end) ἐκείνων (of those
things) θάνατος (is death).
22 νυνὶ (Now) δέ (however), ἐλευθερωθέντες (having been set free) ἀπὸ (from) τῆς (-) ἁμαρτίας (sin),
δουλωθέντες (having become slaves) δὲ (now) τῷ (-) ΘC (to God), ἔχετε (you have) τὸν (the) καρπὸν
(fruit) ὑμῶν (of you) εἰς (unto) ἁγιασμόν (sanctification); τὸ (-) δὲ (now) τέλος (the end) ζωὴν (is life)
αἰώνιον (eternal).
23 τὰ (The) γὰρ (for) ὀψώνια (wages) τῆς (-) ἁμαρτίας (of sin) θάνατος (is death); τὸ (-) δὲ (but)
χάρισμα (the gift making) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God), ζωὴ (life) αἰώνιος (eternal) ἐν (in) XC IC τῷ (the) ΚC
(Lord) ἡμῶν (of us).
7:1 Ἢ (Or) ἀγνοεῖτε (are you ignorant), ἀδελφοί (brothers)— γινώσκουσιν (to those knowing) γὰρ
(for) νόμον (law) λαλῶ (I speak)— ὅτι (that) ὁ (the) νόμος (law) κυριεύει (rules over) τοῦ (the)
ἀνθρώπου (man) ἐφ’ (for) ὅσον (as long as) χρόνον (the time) ζῇ (he is alive)?
2 ἡ (The) γὰρ (for) ὕπανδρος (married) γυνὴ (woman), τῷ (to the) ζῶντι (living) ἀνδρὶ (husband)
δέδεται (is bound) νόμῳ (by law); ἐὰν (if) δὲ (however) ἀποθάνῃ (should die) ὁ (the) ἀνήρ (husband),
κατήργηται (she is cleared) ἀπὸ (from) τοῦ (the) νόμου (law) τοῦ (of the) ἀνδρός (husband).
3 ἄρα (Then) οὖν (therefore), ζῶντος (being alive) τοῦ (the) ἀνδρὸς (husband), μοιχαλὶς (an adulteress)
χρηματίσει (she will be called) ἐὰν (if) γένηται (she is) ἀνδρὶ (to man) ἑτέρῳ (another); ἐὰν (if) δὲ
(however) ἀποθάνῃ (should die) ὁ (the) ἀνήρ (husband), ἐλευθέρα (free) ἐστὶν (she is) ἀπὸ (from)
τοῦ (the) νόμου (law), τοῦ (so as for) μὴ (not) εἶναι (to be) αὐτὴν (her) μοιχαλίδα (an adulteress),
γενομένην (having been) ἀνδρὶ (to man) ἑτέρῳ (another).
4 Ὥστε (Likewise), ἀδελφοί (brothers) μου (of me), καὶ (also) ὑμεῖς (you) ἐθανατώθητε (have been put
to death) τῷ (to the) νόμῳ (law) διὰ (through) τοῦ (the) σώματος (body) τοῦ (-) XC, εἰς (for) τὸ (-)
γενέσθαι (to belong) ὑμᾶς (you) ἑτέρῳ (to another), τῷ (to the One) ἐκ (out from) νεκρῶν (the dead)
ἐγερθέντι (having been raised), ἵνα (so that) καρποφορήσωμεν (we should bear fruit) τῷ (-) ΘC (to
God).
5 ὅτε (While) γὰρ (for) ἦμεν (we were) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) σαρκί (flesh), τὰ (the) παθήματα (passions) τῶν
(-) ἁμαρτιῶν (of sins) τὰ (that were) διὰ (through) τοῦ (the) νόμου (law) ἐνηργεῖτο (were at work) ἐν
(in) τοῖς (the) μέλεσιν (members) ἡμῶν (of us), εἰς (to) τὸ (the) καρποφορῆσαι (bringing forth of fruit)
τῷ (-) θανάτῳ (to death).
7 Τί (What) οὖν (then) ἐροῦμεν (shall we say)? ὁ (Is the) νόμος (law) ἁμαρτία (sin)? μὴ (Never)
γένοιτο (may it be)! ἀλλὰ (But) τὴν (-) ἁμαρτίαν (sin) οὐκ (not) ἔγνων (I have known), εἰ (if) μὴ (not)
διὰ (by) νόμου (law); τήν (-) τε (then) γὰρ (for) ἐπιθυμίαν (covetousness), οὐκ (not) ᾔδειν (I had been
conscious of), εἰ (if) μὴ (not) ὁ (the) νόμος (law) ἔλεγεν (had said), “Οὐκ (Not) ἐπιθυμήσεις (you shall
covet).”
8 ἀφορμὴν (An occasion) δὲ (however) λαβοῦσα (having taken) ἡ (-) ἁμαρτία (sin) διὰ (by) τῆς (the)
ἐντολῆς (commandment), κατειργάσατο (it produced) ἐν (in) ἐμοὶ (me) πᾶσαν (all) ἐπιθυμίαν
(covetousness); χωρὶς (apart from) γὰρ (for) νόμου (the Law), ἁμαρτία (sin) νεκρά (is dead).
9 Ἐγὼ (I) δὲ (however) ἔζων (was alive) χωρὶς (apart from) νόμου (law) ποτέ (once); ἐλθούσης
(having come) δὲ (however) τῆς (the) ἐντολῆς (commandment), ἡ (the) ἁμαρτία (sin) ἀνέζησεν
(revived); ἐγὼ (I) δὲ (then) ἀπέθανον (died).
10 καὶ (And) εὑρέθη (proved to be) μοι (me) ἡ (the) ἐντολὴ (commandment) ἡ (that was) εἰς (to)
ζωὴν (life), αὕτη (this) εἰς (to) θάνατον (death).
11 ἡ (The) γὰρ (for) ἁμαρτία (sin), ἀφορμὴν (an occasion) λαβοῦσα (having taken) διὰ (by) τῆς (the)
ἐντολῆς (commandment), ἐξηπάτησέν (deceived) με (me), καὶ (and) δι’ (by) αὐτῆς (it) ἀπέκτεινεν (put
me to death).
12 Ὥστε (So) ὁ (-) μὲν (indeed) νόμος (the law is) ἅγιος (holy), καὶ (and) ἡ (the) ἐντολὴ
(commandment is) ἁγία (holy) καὶ (and) δικαία (righteous) καὶ (and) ἀγαθή (good).
13 Τὸ (That which) οὖν (then) ἀγαθὸν (is good), ἐμοὶ (to me) ἐγένετο (has become) θάνατος (death)?
μὴ (Never) γένοιτο (may it be)! ἀλλὰ (But) ἡ (-) ἁμαρτία (sin), ἵνα (in order that) φανῇ (it might be
shown to be) ἁμαρτία (sin), διὰ (through) τοῦ (that which is) ἀγαθοῦ (good) μοι (to me) κατεργαζομένη
(is working out) θάνατον (death); ἵνα (so that) γένηται (might become) καθ’ (beyond) ὑπερβολὴν
(excess) ἁμαρτωλὸς (sinful), ἡ (-) ἁμαρτία (sin) διὰ (through) τῆς (the) ἐντολῆς (commandment).
14 Οἴδαμεν (We know) γὰρ (for) ὅτι (that) ὁ (the) νόμος (Law) πνευματικός (spiritual) ἐστιν (is); ἐγὼ
(I) δὲ (however) σάρκινός (fleshly) εἰμι (am), πεπραμένος (having been sold) ὑπὸ (under) τὴν (-)
ἁμαρτίαν (sin).
15 ὃ (What) γὰρ (for) κατεργάζομαι (I do), οὐ (not) γινώσκω (I understand); οὐ (not) γὰρ (for) ὃ (what)
θέλω (I want), τοῦτο (this) πράσσω (I do); ἀλλ’ (but) ὃ (what) μισῶ (I hate), τοῦτο (this) ποιῶ (I do).
16 εἰ (If) δὲ (now) ὃ (that which) οὐ (not) θέλω (I do want), τοῦτο (this) ποιῶ (I do), σύμφημι (I
consent) τῷ (to the) νόμῳ (law), ὅτι (that it is) καλός (good).
17 νυνὶ (In that case) δὲ (now), οὐκέτι (no longer) ἐγὼ (I) κατεργάζομαι (am doing) αὐτὸ (it), ἀλλὰ
(but) ἡ (the) οἰκοῦσα* (dwelling) ἐν (in) ἐμοὶ (me) ἁμαρτία (sin).
18 Οἶδα (I know) γὰρ (for) ὅτι (that) οὐκ (nothing) οἰκεῖ (there dwells) ἐν (in) ἐμοί (me), τοῦτ’ (that)
ἔστιν (is) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) σαρκί (flesh) μου (of me), ἀγαθόν (good); τὸ (-) γὰρ (for) θέλειν (to will)
παράκειταί (is present with) μοι (me), τὸ (-) δὲ (but) κατεργάζεσθαι (to do) τὸ (the) καλὸν (good), οὔ
(not).
19 οὐ (Not) γὰρ (for) ὃ (that) θέλω (I desire) ποιῶ (I do) ἀγαθόν (good), ἀλλὰ (but) ὃ (that) οὐ (not)
θέλω (I do want) κακὸν (evil), τοῦτο (this) πράσσω (I practice).
20 εἰ (If) δὲ (now) ὃ (what) οὐ (not) θέλω (I do want), ἐγὼ (I) τοῦτο (this) ποιῶ (do), οὐκέτι (it is no
longer) ἐγὼ (I) κατεργάζομαι (who do) αὐτὸ (it), ἀλλὰ (but) ἡ (-) οἰκοῦσα (dwelling) ἐν (in) ἐμοὶ (me)
ἁμαρτία (sin).
21 Εὑρίσκω (I find) ἄρα (so) τὸν (the) νόμον (principle), τῷ (that) θέλοντι (desiring) ἐμοὶ (me) ποιεῖν
(to do) τὸ (-) καλὸν (good), ὅτι (that) ἐμοὶ (me) τὸ (-) κακὸν (evil) παράκειται (is present with).
22 συνήδομαι (I delight) γὰρ (for) τῷ (in the) νόμῳ (law) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God), κατὰ (according to) τὸν
(the) ἔσω (inward) ἄνθρωπον (man);
23 βλέπω (I see) δὲ (however) ἕτερον (another) νόμον (law) ἐν (in) τοῖς (the) μέλεσίν (members) μου
(of me), ἀντιστρατευόμενον (warring against) τῷ (the) νόμῳ (law) τοῦ (of the) νοός (mind) μου (of
me), καὶ (and) αἰχμαλωτίζοντά (making captive) με (me) ἐν (to) τῷ (the) νόμῳ (law) τῆς (-) ἁμαρτίας
(of sin), τῷ (-) ὄντι (being) ἐν (in) τοῖς (the) μέλεσίν (members) μου (of me).
24 Ταλαίπωρος (O wretched) ἐγὼ (I am) ἄνθρωπος (man)! τίς (Who) με (me) ῥύσεται (will deliver) ἐκ
(out of) τοῦ (the) σώματος (body) τοῦ (-) θανάτου (of death) τούτου (this)?
25 χάρις (Thanks be) [δὲ] (then) τῷ (to) ΘC (God)
8:2 ὁ (-) γὰρ (For) νόμος (the law) τοῦ (of the) Πνεύματος (Spirit) τῆς (of) ζωῆς (life) ἐν (in) XC IC
ἠλευθέρωσέν (has set free) σε (you)b ἀπὸ (from) τοῦ (the) νόμου (law) τῆς (-) ἁμαρτίας (of sin) καὶ
(and) τοῦ (-) θανάτου (of death).
3 τὸ (-) γὰρ (For) ἀδύνατον (powerless being) τοῦ (the) νόμου (law), ἐν (in) ᾧ (that) ἠσθένει (it was
weak) διὰ (through) τῆς (the) σαρκός (flesh), ὁ (-) ΘC (God), τὸν (-) ἑαυτοῦ (of Himself) Υἱὸν (Son)
πέμψας (having sent), ἐν (in) ὁμοιώματι (likeness) σαρκὸς (of flesh) ἁμαρτίας (of sin), καὶ (and) περὶ
(for) ἁμαρτίας (sin), κατέκρινεν (condemned) τὴν (-) ἁμαρτίαν (sin) ἐν (in) τῇ (the) σαρκί (flesh),
4 ἵνα (so that) τὸ (the) δικαίωμα (righteousness) τοῦ (of the) νόμου (law) πληρωθῇ (should be fulfilled)
ἐν (in) ἡμῖν (us) τοῖς (-) μὴ (not) κατὰ (according to) σάρκα (the flesh) περιπατοῦσιν (walking), ἀλλὰ
(but) κατὰ (according to) πνεῦμα (the Spirit).
5 Οἱ (Those) γὰρ (for) κατὰ (according to) σάρκα (flesh) ὄντες (being), τὰ (the things) τῆς (of the)
σαρκὸς (flesh) φρονοῦσιν (mind); οἱ (those) δὲ (however) κατὰ (according to) πνεῦμα (Spirit), τὰ (the
things) τοῦ (of the) πνεύματος (Spirit).
6 τὸ (The) γὰρ (for) φρόνημα (mind) τῆς (of the) σαρκὸς (flesh) θάνατος (is death); τὸ (the) δὲ (but)
φρόνημα (mind) τοῦ (of the) πνεύματος (Spirit), ζωὴ (life) καὶ (and) εἰρήνη (peace),
7 διότι (because) τὸ (the) φρόνημα (mind) τῆς (of the) σαρκὸς (flesh) ἔχθρα (is hostility) εἰς (toward)
ΘC (God); τῷ (to) γὰρ (for) νόμῳ (the law) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God) οὐχ (not) ὑποτάσσεται (it is subject),
οὐδὲ (nor even) γὰρ (for) δύναται (can it be).
8 οἱ (Those) δὲ (now) ἐν (in) σαρκὶ (flesh) ὄντες (being), ΘC (God) ἀρέσαι (to please) οὐ (not)
δύνανται (are able).
12 Ἄρα (So) οὖν (then), ἀδελφοί (brothers), ὀφειλέται (debtors) ἐσμέν (we are), οὐ (not) τῇ (to the)
σαρκὶ (flesh), τοῦ (-) κατὰ (according to) σάρκα (flesh) ζῆν (to live).
13 εἰ (If) γὰρ (for) κατὰ (according to) σάρκα (flesh) ζῆτε (you live), μέλλετε (you are about)
ἀποθνήσκειν (to die); εἰ (if) δὲ (however) πνεύματι (by the Spirit) τὰς (the) πράξεις (deeds) τοῦ (of the)
σώματος (body) θανατοῦτε (you put to death), ζήσεσθε (you will live).
14 ὅσοι (As many as) γὰρ (for) Πνεύματι (by the Spirit) ΘC (of God) ἄγονται (are led), οὗτοι (these)
υἱοί (sons) εἰσιν (are) ⇔ ΘC (of God).
15 Οὐ (Not) γὰρ (for) ἐλάβετε (you have received) πνεῦμα (a spirit) δουλείας (of bondage) πάλιν
(again) εἰς (to) φόβον (fear), ἀλλὰ (but) ἐλάβετε (you have received) πνεῦμα (the Spirit) υἱοθεσίας (of
divine adoption as sons), ἐν (by) ᾧ (whom) κράζομεν (we cry), “Ἀββᾶ (Abba)! ὁ (-) Πατήρ (Father)!”
16 αὐτὸ (Himself) τὸ (the) Πνεῦμα (Spirit) συμμαρτυρεῖ (bears witness with) τῷ (the) πνεύματι (spirit)
ἡμῶν (of us) ὅτι (that) ἐσμὲν (we are) τέκνα (children) ΘC (of God).
17 εἰ (If) δὲ (now) τέκνα (children), καὶ (also) κληρονόμοι (heirs), κληρονόμοι (heirs) μὲν (indeed) ΘC
(of God), συνκληρονόμοι (joint-heirs) δὲ (now) XC, εἴπερ (if indeed) συμπάσχομεν (we suffer with
Him), ἵνα (so that) καὶ (also) συνδοξασθῶμεν (we may be glorified together).
18 Λογίζομαι (I reckon) γὰρ (for) ὅτι (that) οὐκ (not) ἄξια (comparable) τὰ (the) παθήματα (sufferings)
τοῦ (of the) νῦν (present) καιροῦ (time are) πρὸς (to) τὴν (the) μέλλουσαν (coming) δόξαν (glory)
ἀποκαλυφθῆναι (to be revealed) εἰς (to) ἡμᾶς (us).
19 ἡ (The) γὰρ (for) ἀποκαραδοκία (earnest expectation) τῆς (of the) κτίσεως (creation), τὴν (the)
ἀποκάλυψιν (revelation) τῶν (of the) υἱῶν (sons) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God) ἀπεκδέχεται (awaits).
20 τῇ (To the) γὰρ (for) ματαιότητι (futility), ἡ (the) κτίσις (creation) ὑπετάγη (was subjected), οὐχ
(not) ἑκοῦσα (willingly), ἀλλὰ (but) διὰ (because of) τὸν (the One) ὑποτάξαντα (having subjected it),
ἐφ’ (in) ἑλπίδι (hope)
21 ὅτι* (that) καὶ (also) αὐτὴ (itself) ἡ (the) κτίσις (creation) ἐλευθερωθήσεται (will be set free) ἀπὸ
(from) τῆς (the) δουλείας (bondage) τῆς (-) φθορᾶς (of decay), εἰς (into) τὴν (the) ἐλευθερίαν
(freedom) τῆς (of the) δόξης (glory) τῶν (of the) τέκνων (children) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God).
22 Οἴδαμεν (We know) γὰρ (for) ὅτι (that) πᾶσα (all) ἡ (the) κτίσις (creation) συστενάζει (groans
together) καὶ (and) συνωδίνει (travails together) ἄχρι (until) τοῦ (-) νῦν (now).
23 οὐ (Not) μόνον (only so) δέ (now), ἀλλὰ (but) καὶ (even) αὐτοὶ (ourselves), τὴν (the) ἀπαρχὴν
(firstfruit) τοῦ (of the) Πνεύματος (Spirit) ἔχοντες (having), ἡμεῖς (we) καὶ (also) αὐτοὶ (ourselves) ἐν
(in) ἑαυτοῖς (ourselves) στενάζομεν (groan), υἱοθεσίαν (divine adoption as sons) ἀπεκδεχόμενοι
(awaiting), τὴν (the) ἀπολύτρωσιν (redemption) τοῦ (of the) σώματος (body) ἡμῶν (of us).
24 τῇ (In this) γὰρ (for) ἐλπίδι (hope) ἐσώθημεν (we were saved); ἐλπὶς (hope) δὲ (however)
βλεπομένη (being seen), οὐκ (not) ἔστιν (is) ἐλπίς (hope); ὃ (what) γὰρ (for) βλέπει (sees) τις (any) τί
(one), ἐλπίζει (does he hope for)?
25 εἰ (If) δὲ (however), ὃ (what) οὐ (not) βλέπομεν (we see) ἐλπίζομεν (we hope for), δι’ (in) ὑπομονῆς
(patience) ἀπεκδεχόμεθα (we await).
26 Ὡσαύτως (Likewise) δὲ (now) καὶ (also), τὸ (the) Πνεῦμα (Spirit) συναντιλαμβάνεται (joins to help)
τῇ (the) ἀσθενείᾳ (weakness) ἡμῶν (of us); τὸ (the) γὰρ (for) τί (things which) προσευξώμεθα (we
should pray for) καθὸ (as) δεῖ (it behooves), οὐκ (not) οἴδαμεν (we know), ἀλλὰ (but) αὐτὸ (Himself)
τὸ (the) Πνεῦμα (Spirit) ὑπερεντυγχάνει (makes intercession), στεναγμοῖς (with groanings) ἀλαλήτοις
(inexpressible).
27 ὁ (The One) δὲ (now) ἐραυνῶν (searching) τὰς (-) καρδίας (hearts) οἶδεν (knows) τί (what is) τὸ
(the) φρόνημα (mindset) τοῦ (of the) Πνεύματος (Spirit), ὅτι (because) κατὰ (according to) ΘC (God),
ἐντυγχάνει (He intercedes) ὑπὲρ (for) ἁγίων (the saints).
28 Οἴδαμεν (We know) δὲ (now) ὅτι (that) τοῖς (to those) ἀγαπῶσιν (loving) τὸν (-) ΘC (God), πάντα
(all things) συνεργεῖ (works together) (ὁ (-) ΘC) (God) εἰς (for) ἀγαθόν (good), τοῖς (to those) κατὰ
(according to) πρόθεσιν (His purpose) κλητοῖς (called) οὖσιν (being).
29 ὅτι (For) οὓς (those whom) προέγνω (He foreknew), καὶ (also) προώρισεν (He predestined to be)
συμμόρφους (conformed to) τῆς (the) εἰκόνος (image) τοῦ (of the) Υἱοῦ (Son) αὐτοῦ (of Him), εἰς (for)
τὸ (-) εἶναι (to be) αὐτὸν (Him) πρωτότοκον (firstborn) ἐν (among) πολλοῖς (many) ἀδελφοῖς
(brothers).
30 οὓς (Those whom) δὲ (then) προώρισεν (He predestined), τούτους (these) καὶ (also) ἐκάλεσεν (He
called); καὶ (and) οὓς (whom) ἐκάλεσεν (He called), τούτους (these) καὶ (also) ἐδικαίωσεν (He
justified); οὓς (whom) δὲ (then) ἐδικαίωσεν (He justified), τούτους (these) καὶ (also) ἐδόξασεν (He
glorified).
31 Τί (What) οὖν (then) ἐροῦμεν (will we say) πρὸς (to) ταῦτα (these things)? εἰ (If) ὁ (-) ΘC (God is)
ὑπὲρ (for) ἡμῶν (us), τίς (who can be) καθ’ (against) ἡμῶν (us)?
32 ὅς (He who) γε (indeed) τοῦ (the) ἰδίου (own) Υἱοῦ (Son) οὐκ (not) ἐφείσατο (spared), ἀλλὰ (but)
ὑπὲρ (for) ἡμῶν (us) πάντων (all) παρέδωκεν (gave up) αὐτόν (Him), πῶς (how) οὐχὶ (not) καὶ (also)
σὺν (with) αὐτῷ (Him), τὰ (things) πάντα (all) ἡμῖν (us) χαρίσεται (will He grant)?
33 τίς (Who) ἐγκαλέσει (will bring an accusation) κατὰ (against) ἐκλεκτῶν (the elect) ΘC (of God)?
ΘC (God is) ὁ (the One) δικαιῶν (justifying).
34 τίς (Who is) ὁ (the one) κατακρινῶν (condemning)? ΧC IC, ὁ (the one) ἀποθανών (having died),
μᾶλλον (rather) δὲ (now) ἐγερθείς (having been raised up), ὅς (who) ‹καί› (also) ἐστιν (is) ἐν (at the)
δεξιᾷ (right hand) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God), ὃς (who) καὶ (and) ἐντυγχάνει (is interceding) ὑπὲρ (for) ἡμῶν
(us).
35 Τίς (Who) ἡμᾶς (us) χωρίσει (will separate) ἀπὸ (from) τῆς (the) ἀγάπης (love) τοῦ (-) XC? θλῖψις
(Tribulation), ἢ (or) στενοχωρία (distress), ἢ (or) διωγμὸς (persecution), ἢ (or) λιμὸς (famine), ἢ (or)
γυμνότης (nakedness), ἢ (or) κίνδυνος (danger), ἢ (or) μάχαιρα (sword)?
36 καθὼς (As) γέγραπται (it has been written) ὅτι (-): “Ἕνεκεν (For the sake) σοῦ (of you),
θανατούμεθα (we face death) ὅλην (all) τὴν (the) ἡμέραν (day); ἐλογίσθημεν (we were regarded) ὡς
(as) πρόβατα (sheep) σφαγῆς (of slaughter).”
37 Ἀλλ’ (But) ἐν (in) τούτοις (these things) πᾶσιν (all), ὑπερνικῶμεν (we more than conquer) διὰ
(through) τοῦ (the One) ἀγαπήσαντος (having loved) ἡμᾶς (us).
38 πέπεισμαι (I am persuaded) γὰρ (for) ὅτι (that) οὔτε (neither) θάνατος (death), οὔτε (nor) ζωὴ (life),
οὔτε (nor) ἄγγελοι (messengers), οὔτε (nor) ἀρχαὶ (principalities), οὔτε (nor) ἐνεστῶτα (things present),
οὔτε (nor) μέλλοντα (things to come), οὔτε (nor) δυνάμεις (powers),
39 οὔτε (nor) ὕψωμα (height), οὔτε (nor) βάθος (depth), οὔτε (nor) τις (any) κτίσις (created thing)
ἑτέρα (other), δυνήσεται (will be able) ἡμᾶς (us) χωρίσαι (to separate) ἀπὸ (from) τῆς (the) ἀγάπης
(love) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God) τῆς (-) ἐν (in) XC IC τῷ (the) ΚC (Lord) ἡμῶν (of us).
12:1 Παρακαλῶ (I exhort) οὖν (therefore) ὑμᾶς (you), ἀδελφοί (brothers), διὰ (through) τῶν (the)
οἰκτιρμῶν (compassions) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God), παραστῆσαι (to present) τὰ (the) σώματα (bodies) ὑμῶν
(of you) θυσίαν (a sacrifice) ζῶσαν (living), ἁγίαν (holy), «τῷ (-) ΘC» (to God) ⇔ εὐάρεστον (wellpleasing), τὴν (which is) λογικὴν (the reasonable) λατρείαν (service) ὑμῶν (of you).
2 καὶ (And) μὴ (not) συσχηματίζεσθε (be conformed) τῷ (to the) αἰῶνι (age) τούτῳ (this), ἀλλὰ (but)
μεταμορφοῦσθε (be transformed) τῇ (by the) ἀνακαινώσει (renewing) τοῦ (of the) νοός (mind), εἰς
(for) τὸ (-) δοκιμάζειν (to prove) ὑμᾶς (by you), τί (what is) τὸ (the) θέλημα (will) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God),
τὸ (-) ἀγαθὸν (good) καὶ (and) εὐάρεστον (well-pleasing) καὶ (and) τέλειον (perfect).
3 Λέγω (I say) γὰρ (for) διὰ (through) τῆς (the) χάριτος (gift) τῆς (-) δοθείσης (having been given) μοι
(to me) παντὶ (to everyone) τῷ (-) ὄντι (being) ἐν (among) ὑμῖν (you), μὴ (not) ὑπερφρονεῖν (to be
high-minded) παρ’ (above) ὃ (what) δεῖ (it behooves you) φρονεῖν (to think), ἀλλὰ (but) φρονεῖν (to
think) εἰς (so as) τὸ (-) σωφρονεῖν (to be sober-minded), ἑκάστῳ (to each) ὡς (as) ὁ (-) ΘC (God)
ἐμέρισεν (has allotted) μέτρον (a measure) πίστεως (of faith).
4 καθάπερ (Just as) γὰρ (for), ἐν (in) ἑνὶ (one) σώματι (body) πολλὰ (many) μέλη (members) ἔχομεν
(we have), τὰ (-) δὲ (now) μέλη (the members) πάντα (all) οὐ (not) τὴν (the) αὐτὴν (same) ἔχει (have)
πρᾶξιν (function);
5 οὕτως (so) οἱ (the) πολλοὶ (many), ἓν (one) σῶμά (body) ἐσμεν (we are) ἐν (in) XC; τὸ (-) δὲ (and)
καθ’ (individually) εἷς (one) ἀλλήλων (of another) μέλη (members).
6 Ἔχοντες (We are having) δὲ (however) χαρίσματα (gift making) κατὰ (according to) τὴν (the) χάριν
(gift) τὴν (-) δοθεῖσαν (having been given) ἡμῖν (to us) διάφορα (different): εἴτε (if) προφητείαν
(prophecy), κατὰ (according to) τὴν (the) ἀναλογίαν (proportion) τῆς (of the) πίστεως (faith);
7 εἴτε (or) διακονίαν (service), ἐν (in) τῇ (the) διακονίᾳ (service); εἴτε (or) ὁ (-) διδάσκων (teaching), ἐν
(in) τῇ (the) διδασκαλίᾳ (teaching);
8 εἴτε (or) ὁ (-) παρακαλῶν (exhorting), ἐν (in) τῇ (the) παρακλήσει (exhortation); ὁ (-) μεταδιδοὺς
(giving), ἐν (in) ἁπλότητι (generosity); ὁ (-) προϊστάμενος (leading), ἐν (with) σπουδῇ (diligence); ὁ (-)
ἐλεῶν (showing mercy), ἐν (with) ἱλαρότητι (cheerfulness).
9 Ἡ (Let) ἀγάπη (love be) ἀνυπόκριτος (unfeigned): ἀποστυγοῦντες (abhorring) τὸ (-) πονηρόν (evil),
κολλώμενοι (cleaving to) τῷ (-) ἀγαθῷ (good),
10 τῇ (-) φιλαδελφίᾳ (in brotherly love) εἰς (to) ἀλλήλους (one another) φιλόστοργοι (devoted) τῇ (-)
τιμῇ (in honor), ἀλλήλους (one another) προηγούμενοι (esteeming),
12 τῇ (-) ἐλπίδι (in hope) χαίροντες (rejoicing), τῇ (-) θλίψει (in tribulation) ὑπομένοντες (being
patient), τῇ (-) προσευχῇ (in prayer) προσκαρτεροῦντες (being constant),
13 ταῖς (to the) χρείαις (needs) τῶν (of the) ἁγίων (saints) κοινωνοῦντες (contributing), τὴν (-)
φιλοξενίαν (hospitality) διώκοντες (pursuing).
14 Εὐλογεῖτε (Bless) τοὺς (those) διώκοντας (persecuting) [ὑμᾶς] (you). εὐλογεῖτε (Bless) καὶ (and) μὴ
(not) καταρᾶσθε (curse);
15 χαίρειν (to rejoice) μετὰ (with the) χαιρόντων (rejoicing), κλαίειν (to weep) μετὰ (with the)
κλαιόντων (weeping);
16 τὸ (the) αὐτὸ (same thing) εἰς (toward) ἀλλήλους (one another) φρονοῦντες (minding), μὴ (not) τὰ
(the things) ὑψηλὰ (haughty) φρονοῦντες (minding), ἀλλὰ (but) τοῖς (with the) ταπεινοῖς (lowly)
συναπαγόμενοι (going along). μὴ (Not) γίνεσθε (be) φρόνιμοι (wise) παρ’ (in) ἑαυτοῖς (yourselves).
17 μηδενὶ (To no one) κακὸν (evil) ἀντὶ (for) κακοῦ (evil) ἀποδιδόντες (repaying), προνοούμενοι
(providing) καλὰ (right) ἐνώπιον (before) πάντων (all) ἀνθρώπων (men);
18 εἰ (if) δυνατόν (possible) τὸ (-) ἐξ (of) ὑμῶν (you), μετὰ (with) πάντων (all) ἀνθρώπων (men)
εἰρηνεύοντες (living at peace);
19μὴ (never) ἑαυτοὺς (yourselves) ἐκδικοῦντες (avenging), ἀγαπητοί (beloved); ἀλλὰ (instead)
δότε (give) τόπον (place) τῇ (-) ὀργῇ (to wrath); γέγραπται (it has been written) γάρ (for): “Ἐμοὶ (Mine
is) ἐκδίκησις (vengeance), ἐγὼ (I) ἀνταποδώσω (will repay), λέγει (says the) ΚC (Lord).”
20 Ἀλλὰ (On the contrary), “Ἐὰν (If) πεινᾷ (should hunger) ὁ (the) ἐχθρός (enemy) σου (of you),
ψώμιζε (feed) αὐτόν (him); ἐὰν (if) διψᾷ (he should thirst), πότιζε (give drink) αὐτόν (him);
τοῦτο (this) γὰρ (for) ποιῶν (doing), ἄνθρακας (coals) πυρὸς (of fire) σωρεύσεις (you will heap) ἐπὶ
(upon) τὴν (the) κεφαλὴν (head) αὐτοῦ (of him).”
21 Μὴ (Not) νικῶ (be overcome) ὑπὸ (by) τοῦ (-) κακοῦ (evil), ἀλλὰ (but) νίκα (overcome) ἐν (with)
τῷ (-) ἀγαθῷ (good) τὸ (-) κακόν (evil).
13:8 Μηδενὶ (To no one) μηδὲν (nothing) ὀφείλετε (owe), εἰ (if) μὴ (not) τὸ (-) ἀλλήλους (one another)
ἀγαπᾶν (to love); ὁ (the one) γὰρ (for) ἀγαπῶν (loving) τὸν (the) ἕτερον (other), νόμον (the Law)
πεπλήρωκεν (has fulfilled).
9 τὸ (-) γάρ (For), “Οὐ (Not) μοιχεύσεις (you shall commit adultery),” “Οὐ (Not) φονεύσεις (you shall
murder),” “Οὐ (Not) κλέψεις (you shall steal),” “Οὐκ (Not) ἐπιθυμήσεις (you shall covet),”a καὶ (and)
εἴ (if) τις (any) ἑτέρα (other) ἐντολή (commandment), ἐν (in) τῷ (the) λόγῳ (word) τούτῳ (this)
ἀνακεφαλαιοῦται (it is summed up), ἐν (in) τῷ (the saying): “Ἀγαπήσεις (You shall love) τὸν (the)
πλησίον (neighbor) σου (of you) ὡς (as) σεαυτόν (yourself).”
10 ἡ (-) ἀγάπη (Love) τῷ (to the) πλησίον (neighbor) κακὸν (evil) οὐκ (not) ἐργάζεται (does do);
πλήρωμα (the fulfillment) οὖν (therefore) νόμου (of the law) ἡ (-) ἀγάπη (love is).
11 Καὶ (And) τοῦτο (this), εἰδότες (knowing) τὸν (the) καιρόν (time), ὅτι (that it is the) ὥρα (hour) ἤδη
(already) ὑμᾶς (for you) ἐξ (out of) ὕπνου (sleep) ἐγερθῆναι (to awaken); νῦν (now) γὰρ (for)
ἐγγύτερον (nearer) ἡμῶν (is of us) ἡ (the) σωτηρία (salvation) ἢ (than) ὅτε (when first) ἐπιστεύσαμεν
(we believed).
12ἡ (The) νὺξ (night) προέκοψεν (is nearly over), ἡ (-) δὲ (and) ἡμέρα (the day) ἤγγικεν (has drawn
near). ἀποθώμεθα (We should cast off) οὖν (therefore) τὰ (the) ἔργα (works) τοῦ (-) σκότους (of
darkness); ἐνδυσώμεθα (we should put on) δὲ (now) τὰ (the) ὅπλα (armor) τοῦ (-) φωτός (of light).
13 ὡς (As) ἐν (in) ἡμέρᾳ (daytime), εὐσχημόνως (properly) περιπατήσωμεν (we should walk), μὴ (not)
κώμοις (in reveling) καὶ (and) μέθαις (drinking), μὴ (not) κοίταις (in sexual immorality) καὶ (and)
ἀσελγείαις (sensuality), μὴ (not) ἔριδι (in dissension) καὶ (and) ζήλῳ (jealousy).
14 ἀλλὰ (But) ἐνδύσασθε (put on) τὸν (the) ΚC (Lord) IC ΧC, καὶ (and) τῆς (of the) σαρκὸς (flesh)
πρόνοιαν (provision) μὴ (not) ποιεῖσθε (make) εἰς (for) ἐπιθυμίας (desires).
14:1 Τὸν (The one) δὲ (now) ἀσθενοῦντα (being weak) τῇ (in the) πίστει (faith), προσλαμβάνεσθε
(receive), μὴ (not) εἰς (for) διακρίσεις (passing judgment) διαλογισμῶν (on reasonings).
2 ὃς (One) μὲν (indeed) πιστεύει (believes) φαγεῖν (to eat) πάντα (all things); ὁ (the one) δὲ (however)
ἀσθενῶν (being weak), λάχανα (vegetables) ἐσθίει (eats).
3 ὁ (The one) ἐσθίων (eating), τὸν (the one) μὴ (not) ἐσθίοντα (eating) μὴ (not) ἐξουθενείτω (let him
despise); ὁ (the one) δὲ (now) μὴ (not) ἐσθίων (eating), τὸν (him) ἐσθίοντα (eating) μὴ (not) κρινέτω
(let him judge), ὁ (-) ΘC (God) γὰρ (for) αὐτὸν (him) προσελάβετο (has received).
4 σὺ (You) τίς (who) εἶ (are), ὁ (-) κρίνων (judging) ἀλλότριον (another’s) οἰκέτην (servant)? τῷ (To
the) ἰδίῳ (own) κυρίῳ (master) στήκει (he stands) ἢ (or) πίπτει (falls). σταθήσεται (He will be upheld)
δέ (however); δυνατεῖ (able is) γὰρ (for) ὁ (the) ΚC (Lord) στῆσαι (to uphold) αὐτόν (him).
5 Ὃς (One) μὲν (truly) γὰρ (for) κρίνει (judges) ἡμέραν (a day) παρ’ (to be above) ἡμέραν (another
day); ὃς (one) δὲ (however) κρίνει (judges) πᾶσαν (every) ἡμέραν (day alike). ἕκαστος (Each) ἐν (in)
τῷ (the) ἰδίῳ (own) νοῒ (mind), πληροφορείσθω (let be fully assured).
7 Οὐδεὶς (No one) γὰρ (for) ἡμῶν (of us) ἑαυτῷ (to himself) ζῇ (lives), καὶ (and) οὐδεὶς (no one) ἑαυτῷ
(to himself) ἀποθνῄσκει (dies).
8 ἐάν (If) τε (both) γὰρ (for) ζῶμεν (we should live), τῷ (to the) ΚC (Lord) ζῶμεν (we live); ἐάν (if) τε
(also) ἀποθνήσκωμεν (we should die), τῷ (to the) ΚC (Lord) ἀποθνήσκομεν (we die). ἐάν (If) τε (both)
οὖν (therefore) ζῶμεν (we should live), ἐάν (if) τε (also) ἀποθνήσκωμεν (we should die), τοῦ (the) KC
(Lord’s) ἐσμέν (we are).
9 εἰς (Unto) τοῦτο (this) γὰρ (for), XC ἀπέθανεν (died) καὶ (and) ἔζησεν (lived again), ἵνα (that) καὶ
(both the) νεκρῶν (dead) καὶ (and) ζώντων (living) κυριεύσῃ (He might rule over).
10 Σὺ (You) δὲ (however), τί (why) κρίνεις (judge you) τὸν (the) ἀδελφόν (brother) σου (or you), ἢ (or)
καὶ (also) σὺ (you) τί (why) ἐξουθενεῖς (do despise) τὸν (the) ἀδελφόν (brother) σου (of you)? πάντες
(All) γὰρ (for) παραστησόμεθα (we will stand before) τῷ (the) βήματι (judgment seat) τοῦ (of) ΘC
(God).
11 γέγραπται (It has been written) γάρ (for): “Ζῶ (Live) ἐγώ (I), λέγει (says) ΚC (the Lord), ὅτι (that)
ἐμοὶ (to Me) κάμψει (will bow) πᾶν (every) γόνυ (knee), καὶ (and) πᾶσα (every) γλῶσσα (tongue)
ἐξομολογήσεται (will confess)b τῷ (-) ΘC (to God).”
12 Ἄρα (So) οὖν (then), ἕκαστος (each) ἡμῶν (of us) περὶ (concerning) ἑαυτοῦ (himself), λόγον
(account) δώσει (will give) τῷ (-) ΘC (to God).
13 Μηκέτι (No longer) οὖν (therefore) ἀλλήλους (one another) κρίνωμεν (should we judge); ἀλλὰ (but)
τοῦτο (this) κρίνατε (determine) μᾶλλον (rather), τὸ (-) μὴ (not) τιθέναι (to put) πρόσκομμα (any
stumbling block) τῷ (before your) ἀδελφῷ (brother), ἢ (or) σκάνδαλον (snare).
14 Οἶδα (I know) καὶ (and) πέπεισμαι (I am persuaded) ἐν (in the) ΚC (Lord) IC ὅτι (that) οὐδὲν
(nothing is) κοινὸν (unclean) δι’ (of) ἑαυτοῦ (itself); εἰ (if) μὴ (not) τῷ (to him) λογιζομένῳ (reckoning)
τι (anything) κοινὸν (unclean) εἶναι (to be), ἐκείνῳ (to that one) κοινόν (unclean it is).
15 εἰ (If) γὰρ (for) διὰ (on account of) βρῶμα (food), ὁ (the) ἀδελφός (brother) σου (of you) λυπεῖται
(is grieved), οὐκέτι (no longer) κατὰ (according to) ἀγάπην (love) περιπατεῖς (are you walking). Μὴ
(Not) τῷ (with the) βρώματί (food) σου (of you) ἐκεῖνον (that one) ἀπόλλυε (destroy), ὑπὲρ (for) οὗ
(whom) XC ἀπέθανεν (died).
16 Μὴ (Not) βλασφημείσθω (let be spoken of as evil), οὖν (therefore), ὑμῶν (your) τὸ (-) ἀγαθόν
(good).
17 οὐ (Not) γάρ (for) ἐστιν (is) ἡ (the) βασιλεία (kingdom) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God) βρῶσις (eating) καὶ
(and) πόσις (drinking), ἀλλὰ (but) δικαιοσύνη (righteousness) καὶ (and) εἰρήνη (peace) καὶ (and) χαρὰ
(joy) ἐν (in the) Πνεύματι (Spirit) Ἁγίῳ (Holy).
18 ὁ (The one) γὰρ (for) ἐν (in) τούτῳ (these things) δουλεύων (serving) τῷ (-) XC εὐάρεστος (is wellpleasing) τῷ (-) ΘC (to God) καὶ (and) δόκιμος (approved) τοῖς (-) ἀνθρώποις (by men).
19 Ἄρα (So) οὖν (then), τὰ (the things) τῆς (-) εἰρήνης (of peace) διώκωμεν* (we should pursue), καὶ
(and) τὰ (the things) τῆς (-) οἰκοδομῆς (for edification) τῆς (-) εἰς (among) ἀλλήλους (each other).
20 μὴ (Not) ἕνεκεν (for the sake of) βρώματος (food), κατάλυε (destroy) τὸ (the) ἔργον (work) τοῦ (-)
ΘC (of God). πάντα (All things) μὲν (indeed are) καθαρά (clean), ἀλλὰ (but) κακὸν (it is wrong) τῷ (to
the) ἀνθρώπῳ (man) τῷ (-) διὰ (through) προσκόμματος (a stumbling block) ἐσθίοντι (eating).
21 καλὸν (It is good) τὸ (-) μὴ (neither) φαγεῖν (to eat) κρέα (meat), μηδὲ (nor) πιεῖν (to drink) οἶνον
(wine), μηδὲ (nor anything) ἐν (in) ᾧ (which) ὁ (the) ἀδελφός (brother) σου (of you) προσκόπτει
(stumbles).
22 Σὺ (You) πίστιν (the faith) ἣν (that) ἔχεις (have), κατὰ (to) σεαυτὸν (yourself) ἔχε (keep) ἐνώπιον
(before) τοῦ (-) ΘC (God). μακάριος (Blessed is) ὁ (the one) μὴ (not) κρίνων (judging) ἑαυτὸν
(himself) ἐν (in) ᾧ (what) δοκιμάζει (he approves).
23 ὁ (The one) δὲ (however) διακρινόμενος (doubting), ἐὰν (if) φάγῃ (he eats), κατακέκριται (has been
condemned), ὅτι (because it is) οὐκ (not) ἐκ (of) πίστεως (faith); πᾶν (everything) δὲ (now) ὃ (that is)
οὐκ (not) ἐκ (of) πίστεως (faith), ἁμαρτία (sin) ἐστίν (is).
1 Ὀφείλομεν (We ought) δὲ (now), ἡμεῖς (we) οἱ (who are) δυνατοὶ (strong), τὰ (the) ἀσθενήματα
(weaknesses) τῶν (of the) ἀδυνάτων (weak) βαστάζειν (to bear), καὶ (and) μὴ (not) ἑαυτοῖς (ourselves)
ἀρέσκειν (to please).
2 ἕκαστος (Each) ἡμῶν (of us) τῷ (the) πλησίον (neighbor) ἀρεσκέτω (let please), εἰς (unto) τὸ (the)
ἀγαθὸν (good), πρὸς (for) οἰκοδομήν (edification).
3 καὶ (Even) γὰρ (for) ὁ (-) XC οὐχ (not) ἑαυτῷ (Himself) ἤρεσεν (pleased), ἀλλὰ (but) καθὼς (as)
γέγραπται (it has been written): “Οἱ (The) ὀνειδισμοὶ (reproaches) τῶν (of those) ὀνειδιζόντων
(reproaching) σε (You) ἐπέπεσαν (have fallen) ἐπ’ (on) ἐμέ (Me).”
5 Ὁ (The) δὲ (now) ΘC (God) τῆς (-) ὑπομονῆς (of endurance) καὶ (and) τῆς (-) παρακλήσεως
(encouragement), δῴη (may He give) ὑμῖν (you) τὸ (the) αὐτὸ (same) φρονεῖν (to be of mind) ἐν (with)
ἀλλήλοις (one another), κατὰ (according to) XC IC,
6 ἵνα (so that) ὁμοθυμαδὸν (with one accord), ἐν (with) ἑνὶ (one) στόματι (mouth), δοξάζητε (you may
glorify) τὸν (the) ΘC (God) καὶ (and) Πατέρα (Father) τοῦ (of the) KC (Lord) ἡμῶν (of us) IC XC.
7 Διὸ (Therefore) προσλαμβάνεσθε (receive) ἀλλήλους (one another) καθὼς (as) καὶ (also) ὁ (-) XC
προσελάβετο (received) ὑμᾶς* (you), εἰς (to) δόξαν (the glory) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of God).
8 λέγω (I say) γὰρ (for), XC διάκονον (a servant) γεγενῆσθαι (to have become) περιτομῆς (of the
circumcision) ὑπὲρ (for) ἀληθείας (the truth) ΘC (of God), εἰς (in order) τὸ (-) βεβαιῶσαι (to confirm)
τὰς (the) ἐπαγγελίας (promises given) τῶν (to the) πατέρων (fathers),
9 τὰ (-) δὲ (and for) ἔθνη (the Gentiles), ὑπὲρ (for) ἐλέους (mercy), δοξάσαι (to glorify) τὸν (-) ΘC
(God), καθὼς (as) γέγραπται (it has been written): “Διὰ (Because of) τοῦτο (this) ἐξομολογήσομαί (I
will praise) σοι (You) ἐν (among) ἔθνεσιν (the Gentiles), καὶ (and) τῷ (to the) ὀνόματί (name) σου (of
You) ψαλῶ (will I sing).”
10 Καὶ (And) πάλιν (again) λέγει (it says): “Εὐφράνθητε (Rejoice you) ἔθνη (Gentiles), μετὰ (with)
τοῦ (the) λαοῦ (people) αὐτοῦ (of Him).”
11 Καὶ (And) πάλιν (again): “Αἰνεῖτε (Praise) πάντα (all) τὰ (the) ἔθνη (Gentiles), τὸν (the) ΚC (Lord);
καὶ (and) ἐπαινεσάτωσαν (praise) αὐτὸν (Him), πάντες (all) οἱ (the) λαοί (peoples).”
12 Καὶ (And) πάλιν (again), Ἠσαΐας (Isaiah) λέγει (says): “Ἔσται (There will be) ἡ (the) ῥίζα (root)
τοῦ (-) Ἰεσσαί (of Iessai), καὶ (and) ὁ (the One) ἀνιστάμενος (arising) ἄρχειν (to rule over) ἐθνῶν
(Gentiles); ἐπ’ (in) αὐτῷ (Him) ἔθνη (the Gentiles) ἐλπιοῦσιν (will hope).”
13 Ὁ (-) δὲ (And) ΘC (the God) τῆς (-) ἐλπίδος (of hope) πληρώσαι (may fill) ὑμᾶς (you) πάσης (with
all) χαρᾶς (joy) καὶ (and) εἰρήνης (peace), ἐν (in) τῷ (-) πιστεύειν (believing); εἰς (for) τὸ (-)
περισσεύειν (to abound) ὑμᾶς (you) ἐν (in) τῇ (-) ἐλπίδι (hope) ἐν (in) δυνάμει (the power) Πνεύματος
(of the Spirit) Ἁγίου (Holy).
14 Πέπεισμαι (I am persuaded) δέ (now), ἀδελφοί (brothers) μου (of me), καὶ (also) αὐτὸς (myself) ἐγὼ
(I) περὶ (concerning) ὑμῶν (you), ὅτι (that) καὶ (also) αὐτοὶ (you yourselves) μεστοί (full) ἐστε (are)
ἀγαθωσύνης (of goodness), πεπληρωμένοι (being filled) πάσης (with all) τῆς (-) γνώσεως
(knowledge), δυνάμενοι (being able) καὶ (also) ἀλλήλους (one another) νουθετεῖν (to admonish).
15 τολμηρότερον* (More boldly) δὲ (however) ἔγραψα (I have written) ὑμῖν (to you), ἀπὸ (in) μέρους
(part), ὡς (as) ἐπαναμιμνήσκων (reminding) ὑμᾶς (you), διὰ (because of) τὴν (the) χάριν (gift) τὴν (-)
δοθεῖσάν (having been given) μοι (to me) ὑπὸ* (by) τοῦ (-) ΘC (God)
16 εἰς (for) τὸ (-) εἶναί (to be) με (me) λειτουργὸν (a minister) XC IC εἰς (to) τὰ (the) ἔθνη (Gentiles),
ἱερουργοῦντα (administering the sacred service) τὸ (of the) εὐαγγέλιον (Announcement) τοῦ (-) ΘC (of
God), ἵνα (so that) γένηται (might become) ἡ (the) προσφορὰ (offering) τῶν (of the) ἐθνῶν (Gentiles)
εὐπρόσδεκτος (acceptable), ἡγιασμένη (having been sanctified) ἐν (in the) Πνεύματι (Spirit) Ἁγίῳ
(Holy).
17 Ἔχω (I have) οὖν (therefore) τὴν (the) καύχησιν (boasting) ἐν (in) XC IC, τὰ (in the things) πρὸς
(pertaining to) τὸν (-) ΘC (God).
18 οὐ (Not) γὰρ (for) τολμήσω (will I dare) τι (anything) λαλεῖν (to speak of), ὧν (what) οὐ (except)
κατειργάσατο (has accomplished) XC δι’ (through) ἐμοῦ (me), εἰς (unto the) ὑπακοὴν (obedience)
ἐθνῶν (of the Gentiles), λόγῳ (by word) καὶ (and) ἔργῳ (deed),
19 ἐν (in the) δυνάμει (power) σημείων (of signs) καὶ (and) τεράτων (wonders), ἐν (in the) δυνάμει
(power) Πνεύματος (of the Spirit) [ΘC] (of God); ὥστε (so as) με (for me) ἀπὸ (from) Ἰερουσαλὴμ
(Jerusalem), καὶ (and) κύκλῳ (around) μέχρι (unto) τοῦ (-) Ἰλλυρικοῦ (Illyricum),
πεπληρωκέναι (to have fully proclaimed) τὸ (the) εὐαγγέλιον (Announcement) τοῦ (-) XC,
20 οὕτως (thus) δὲ (now) φιλοτιμούμενον (being ambitious) εὐαγγελίζεσθαι (to proclaim the
Announcement) οὐχ (not) ὅπου (where) ὠνομάσθη (had been named) ΧC (Christ), ἵνα (so that) μὴ
(not) ἐπ’ (upon) ἀλλότριον (another’s) θεμέλιον (foundation) οἰκοδομῶ (I might build).
21 ἀλλὰ (Rather), καθὼς (as) γέγραπται (it has been written): “Ὄψονται (They will see), ⇔ «οἷς (to
whom) οὐκ (not) ἀνηγγέλη (it was proclaimed) περὶ (concerning) αὐτοῦ» (Him); καὶ (and) οἳ (those
that) οὐκ (not) ἀκηκόασιν (have heard) συνήσουσιν (will understand).”
22 Διὸ (Therefore) καὶ (also) ἐνεκοπτόμην (I have been hindered) τὰ (-) πολλὰ (many times) τοῦ (-)
ἐλθεῖν (to come) πρὸς (to) ὑμᾶς (you).
23 Νυνὶ (Now) δὲ (however), μηκέτι (no longer) τόπον (a place) ἔχων (having) ἐν (in) τοῖς (the)
κλίμασι (regions) τούτοις (these), ἐπιποθίαν (a great desire) δὲ (now) ἔχων (having had) τοῦ (-) ἐλθεῖν
(to come) πρὸς (to) ὑμᾶς (you) ἀπὸ (for) ἱκανῶν (many) ἐτῶν (years),
24 ὡς (whenever) ἂν (-) πορεύωμαι (I may go) εἰς (to) τὴν (-) Σπανίαν (Spain) ἐλπίζω (I hope) γὰρ
(for) διαπορευόμενος (going through) θεάσασθαι (to see) ὑμᾶς (you), καὶ (and) ὑφ’ (by) ὑμῶν (you)
προπεμφθῆναι (to be equipped) ἐκεῖ (there), ἐὰν (if) ὑμῶν (of you) πρῶτον (first) ἀπὸ (in) μέρους (part)
ἐμπλησθῶ (I should be filled).
25 Νυνὶ (Now) δὲ (however) πορεύομαι (I am going) εἰς (to) Ἰερουσαλὴμ (Jerusalem), διακονῶν
(ministering) τοῖς (to the) ἁγίοις (saints).
26 εὐδόκησαν* (Were pleased) γὰρ (for) Μακεδονία (Macedonia) καὶ (and) Ἀχαΐα (Achaia) κοινωνίαν
(a contribution) τινὰ (certain) ποιήσασθαι (to make) εἰς (for) τοὺς (the) πτωχοὺς (poor) τῶν (among
the) ἁγίων (saints) τῶν (-) ἐν (in) Ἰερουσαλήμ (Jerusalem).
27 εὐδόκησαν* (They were pleased) γάρ (for), καὶ (and) ὀφειλέται (debtors) εἰσὶν (they are) αὐτῶν (of
them). εἰ (If) γὰρ (for) τοῖς (the things) πνευματικοῖς (spiritual) αὐτῶν (of them) ἐκοινώνησαν (have
shared in) τὰ (the) ἔθνη (Gentiles), ὀφείλουσιν (they ought) καὶ (also) ἐν (in) τοῖς (the) σαρκικοῖς
(material things) λειτουργῆσαι (to minister) αὐτοῖς (to them).
28 Τοῦτο (This) οὖν (therefore) ἐπιτελέσας (having finished) καὶ (and) σφραγισάμενος (having sealed)
αὐτοῖς (to them) τὸν (the) καρπὸν (fruit) τοῦτον (this), ἀπελεύσομαι (I will set off) δι’ (through) ὑμῶν
(you) εἰς (into) Σπανίαν (Spain).
29 οἶδα (I know) δὲ (now) ὅτι (that) ἐρχόμενος (coming) πρὸς (to) ὑμᾶς (you), ἐν (in) πληρώματι (the
fullness) εὐλογίας (of the blessing)g XC ἐλεύσομαι (I will come).
30 Παρακαλῶ (I exhort) δὲ (now) ὑμᾶς (you), ἀδελφοί (brothers), διὰ (by) τοῦ (the) KC (Lord) ἡμῶν
(of us) IC XC καὶ (and) διὰ (by) τῆς (the) ἀγάπης (love) τοῦ (of the) Πνεύματος (Spirit),
συναγωνίσασθαί (to strive together with) μοι (me) ἐν (in) ταῖς (the) προσευχαῖς (prayers) ὑπὲρ (for)
ἐμοῦ (me) πρὸς (to) τὸν (-) ΘC (God),
31 ἵνα (so that) ῥυσθῶ (I may be delivered) ἀπὸ (from) τῶν (those) ἀπειθούντων (refusing to be
persuaded) ἐν (in) τῇ (-) Ἰουδαίᾳ (Judea), καὶ (and) ἡ (the) διακονία (service) μου (of me), ἡ (which is)
εἰς (in) Ἰερουσαλὴμ (Jerusalem), εὐπρόσδεκτος (acceptable) τοῖς (to the) ἁγίοις (saints) γένηται (may
be),
32 ἵνα (so that) ἐν (in) χαρᾷ (joy), ἐλθὼν (having come) πρὸς (to) ὑμᾶς (you) διὰ (by the) θελήματος
(will) ΘC (of God), συναναπαύσωμαι (I may be refreshed with) ὑμῖν (you).
33 Ὁ (-) δὲ (And) ΘC (the God) τῆς (-) εἰρήνης (of peace) μετὰ (be with) πάντων (all) ὑμῶν (of you).
ἀμήν (Amen).
Romans.pdf
(79.15 KiB) Downloaded 27 times