Resource for Mythicist and Response Documentation

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Chrissy Hansen

Re: Resource for Mythicist and Response Documentation

Post by Chrissy Hansen »

Yeah, I used ad homs on you because you've been nothing but a bully to everyone here, and you have done nothing to make me think you are anything other than disingenuous, dishonest, and a troll. And I don't recall ad homming Ehrman. I criticized him for becoming a complacent old white scholar, who no longer researches carefully and critically as he used to... which is pretty typical of a lot of his generation. He rarely ever publishes peer reviewed scholarship anymore, he almost only cites English language work, and he doesn't engage current discussions and research carefully. I can think of several who do this same thing. It seems pretty typical (among male, white, and established academics) that they use their authority and eminence as an excuse not to carefully research their work. A rather recent example, which caused a rather large controversy, was "The Bright Ages" which did the same thing of rarely citing anything, and basically the (white male) scholars relying on their prestige and authority, instead of cited research.

I cannot recall claiming to be smarter than Ehrman or Carrier. I claimed they were wrong... I'm am definitely not smarter nor do I think something like that can be quantified anyways. And I don't recall comparing your intelligence to mine... I did call you disingenuous and dishonest. Because you are. Your whole "tit for tat" lie is just an excuse for you coming into every single thread being immediately belligerent... because you are just a troll trying to stir up drama.
John T

Post by John T »

Chris Hansen wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:42 am Yeah, I used ad homs on you because you've been nothing but a bully to everyone here, and you have done nothing to make me think you are anything other than disingenuous, dishonest, and a troll. And I don't recall ad homming Ehrman. I criticized him for becoming a complacent old white scholar, who no longer researches carefully and critically as he used to... which is pretty typical of a lot of his generation. He rarely ever publishes peer reviewed scholarship anymore, he almost only cites English language work, and he doesn't engage current discussions and research carefully. I can think of several who do this same thing. It seems pretty typical (among male, white, and established academics) that they use their authority and eminence as an excuse not to carefully research their work. A rather recent example, which caused a rather large controversy, was "The Bright Ages" which did the same thing of rarely citing anything, and basically the (white male) scholars relying on their prestige and authority, instead of cited research.

I cannot recall claiming to be smarter than Ehrman or Carrier. I claimed they were wrong... I'm am definitely not smarter nor do I think something like that can be quantified anyways. And I don't recall comparing your intelligence to mine... I did call you disingenuous and dishonest. Because you are. Your whole "tit for tat" lie is just an excuse for you coming into every single thread being immediately belligerent... because you are just a troll trying to stir up drama.
Thank you for your comments. Please do go on with your stereotype slander. Don't hold back on your racist, sexist, ageist, anti-Christian feelings. If you don't mind please tell us if you agree with Biden that Republicans are semi-fascist?

Inquiring minds want to know. :popcorn:
Chrissy Hansen

Post by Chrissy Hansen »

Yeah it isn't ageist to note that eminent older scholars become complacent... especially when I can demonstrate where they do. Ehrman doesn't cite anything but English language texts... that alone is evidence of his complacency. Let alone that he cannot cite even those texts carefully, if he bothers citing any scholarship at all.

And I'm not anti-Christian. I actually quite appreciate Christianity, especially as a community building focal point. Pointing out that historically Christians have been central to mass genocide, and using their religion as justification, is not anti-Christian. It is reality. And where was I racist exactly? By pointing out that you were appropriating Jewish suffering?

And no I don't agree with Biden that they are semi-fascist.

I think they are entirely fascist. Case in point, they overturned Roe v. Wade, in several states are imposing restrictions and discriminatory laws against LGBTQ+ people, institute draconian anti-abortion laws, and... you know... attempted an insurrection of our capitol and tried to overthrow the USA government with false claims of election fraud.
John T

Post by John T »

Chris Hansen wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:26 pm Yeah it isn't ageist to note that eminent older scholars become complacent... especially when I can demonstrate where they do. Ehrman doesn't cite anything but English language texts... that alone is evidence of his complacency. Let alone that he cannot cite even those texts carefully, if he bothers citing any scholarship at all.

And I'm not anti-Christian. I actually quite appreciate Christianity, especially as a community building focal point. Pointing out that historically Christians have been central to mass genocide, and using their religion as justification, is not anti-Christian. It is reality. And where was I racist exactly? By pointing out that you were appropriating Jewish suffering?

And no I don't agree with Biden that they are semi-fascist.

I think they are entirely fascist. Case in point, they overturned Roe v. Wade, in several states are imposing restrictions and discriminatory laws against LGBTQ+ people, institute draconian anti-abortion laws, and... you know... attempted an insurrection of our capitol and tried to overthrow the USA government with false claims of election fraud.
Please do go on.

Your early posts on this thread made it very clear you are anti-Christian and your latest screed supports it.
So, get it all out there and tell us what your final solution is for the Christian/Republican problem?

Don't worry, your mythicist friends will make sure this all gets deleted. :popcorn:
Chrissy Hansen

Post by Chrissy Hansen »

Again, co-opting Jewish oppression for Christians, even though... no one here is proposing any violence against Christians... or Republicans. My solution is to try and convince them they are wrong, or at least overwhelm them politically so that their position loses viability. I have no desire to stamp out Christians, and Republicans are free to think what they want. But if they decide to restrict the freedoms of LGBTQ+ people or others, then they should be treated as a threat and a danger. They can discriminate all they want in their private churches. Their religion and their bigotry doesn't belong in the government.
John T

Post by John T »

Chris Hansen wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:53 pm Again, co-opting Jewish oppression for Christians, even though... no one here is proposing any violence against Christians... or Republicans. My solution is to try and convince them they are wrong, or at least overwhelm them politically so that their position loses viability. I have no desire to stamp out Christians, and Republicans are free to think what they want. But if they decide to restrict the freedoms of LGBTQ+ people or others, then they should be treated as a threat and a danger. They can discriminate all they want in their private churches. Their religion and their bigotry doesn't belong in the government.
Finally, we are at the end game.

Please provide the nexus for LGBTQ+ and mythicism on the Biblical Criticism & History forum? :popcorn:
Chrissy Hansen

Post by Chrissy Hansen »

Yeah, and end game where nothing bad has happened to Christians.

But I'm definitely the anti-Christian here.
John T

Post by John T »

Chris Hansen wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:26 pm Yeah, and end game where nothing bad has happened to Christians.

But I'm definitely the anti-Christian here.
Don't forget it was you that challenged me on the other thread to expose your real motive and end game. I warned you that I was not like Ehrman and I don't mind giving a tit for tat.

The only question now is to ask why none of your so-called mythicist/atheist friends didn't try to stop you as you dug that deep and dark hole? Neil, ABuddhist, Joseph?

Let me remind you again that you proved Ehrman's point.

The Mythicist Agenda.

"It is no accident that virtually all mythicists (in fact, all of them, to my knowledge) are either atheists or agnostics. The ones I know anything about are quite virulently, even militantly, atheist. On the surface that may make sense: who else would be invested in showing Jesus never existed? But when you think about it for a moment, it is not entirely logical. Whether or not Jesus existed is completely irrelevant to the question of whether God exists. So why would virulent atheists (or agnostics) be so invested in showing that Jesus did not exist?...Their agenda is religious, and they are complicit in a religious ideology. They are not doing history; they are doing theology."... Bart Ehrman pg. 337-338.

The worse kind of hypocrite is one who falsely accusing others of what they themself are actually doing.
I now turn it over for snarky, smart-alleck comments by the usual suspects.

John T is done with this thread. :cheers:
Chrissy Hansen

Post by Chrissy Hansen »

Except that... I'm not a mythicist. Or an atheist. Or antireligious. I am religious.

So I didn't prove anything. And you've provided no evidence where I did. And as I demonstrated in that thread, that quote only proves that Ehrman never actually read his own cited sources carefully.

You've exposed me so hard. I'm definitely such a villain wanting a world where people who think women shouldn't have reproductive rights shouldn't be running the country. Oh my, I'm so horrible. You got me John. You got me so good. This two year old drama I've apologized for, and showing how my endgame is that I don't want people to be imprisoned for being openly Trans definitely just proved how bad I am.