The peculiar case of the treasure, pearl and net

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
mlinssen

Re: The peculiar case of the treasure, pearl and net

Post by mlinssen »

MrMacSon wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:34 pm
mlinssen wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:19 am It's not my application Mac; Philip abundantly attests to it, and so do Vaticanus, Bezae, Sinaiticus, and likely all other MSS, as well as Justin Martyr, Tertullian, as well as Tacitus and Suetonius
Yes, I know there's lots of attestation to Chrestianity. But does that apply to both non-orthodox early Chrestianity and proto-orthodoxy-and-early-orthodoxy? or just one: to (i) non-orthodox early Chrestianity or (ii) to orthodoxy?
mlinssen wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:19 am It is everywhere, in writing. Haven't you read Philip speaks from the grave
Yes, I have. G.Philip is said to be Valentinian or align with Valentinian theology and is dated to the 2nd or 3rd centuries AD/CE.
Chrestianity it is, Mac. It certainly isn't Christianity. Why split hairs over alleged orthodoxy there, when we all know that such only distinguishes itself in due time alone?

Funny how you throw alleged dating into my face when asked about the content of a text - you're dragging this into a context of your own making while avoiding any and all comments to the content itself

I've seen that before... and it implies that you want to evade the content.
The dating is irrelevant, especially since we all know that Christianity didn't come into being prior to 2nd half of 2nd CE at the earliest