Lord / master / king / servant / slave / Rabbi / teacher in all of the NT - Matthew through Luke

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
mlinssen

Lord / master / king / servant / slave / Rabbi / teacher in all of the NT - Matthew through Luke

Post by mlinssen »

This is part of the series "all of the NT": search.php?keywords=All+of+the+nt&terms ... mit=Search

One way to look for progression in development of ideas (in order to establishment priority / order) is to follow the evolution of certain concepts

Here is a complete list from Berean Literal (with footnote references left intact), of every verse with the word: lord, master, king, servant, slave, Rabbi, teacher.
Different shades of the same colour to distinguish between lowercase and uppercase versions

(I have removed all Captions from Matthew e.g. "The Slaughter of Infants" because it all was just 300 characters too long)

BOOK OF Matthew
Chapter 1 The Genealogy of Jesus
6 and Jesse begat David the king. Next: David begat Solomon, out of the wife of Uriah,
20 But on his having pondered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, you should not be afraid to receive Mary as your wife, for that having been conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.
22 And all this has come to pass, so that it may be fulfilled that having been spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying,
24 And Joseph, having been awoken from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord had commanded him and received his wife.
Chapter 2 The Pilgrimage of the Magi
1 Now Jesus having been born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, Magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem,
2 saying, “Where is the One having been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him.”
3 And King Herod having heard this, was disturbed, and all Jerusalem with him.
9 And having heard the king, they departed. And behold, the star they had seen in the east went before them until, having arrived, it stood over the place where the Child was.
13 And of them having withdrawn, behold, an angel of the Lord appears to Joseph in a dream saying, “Having arisen, take the Child and His mother, and flee into Egypt, and remain there until I should tell you, for Herod is about to seek the Child to destroy Him.”
15 and there he remained until the death of Herod, so that it might be fulfilled what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying, “Out of Egypt I have called my Son.”b
19 But of Herod having died, behold, an angel of the Lord appears in a dream to Joseph in Egypt,
Chapter 3 The Mission of John the Baptist
3 For this is the one having been spoken of through the prophet Isaiah, saying, “A voice of one crying in the wilderness: ‘Prepare the way of the Lord; make straight His paths.’”a
Chapter 4 The Temptation of Jesus
7 Jesus said to him, “Again it has been written: ‘You shall not test the Lord your God.’c”
10 Then Jesus says to him, “Get you away, Satan! For it has been written: ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him alone shall you serve.’d”
Chapter 5 The Sermon on the Mount
33 Again, you have heard that it was said to the ancients, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but you shall keep your oaths to the Lord.’
35 nor by the earth, because it is the footstool of His feet; nor by Jerusalem, because it is the city of the great King.
Chapter 6 Giving to the Needy
4 so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father, the One seeing in secret, will reward you. The Lord's Prayer
24 No one is able to serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and he will love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and he will despise the other. You are not able to serve God and mammon.
Chapter 7 Do Not Judge
22 Many will say to Me in that the day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’
Chapter 8 The Leper's Prayer
2 And behold a lepera having come, was worshipping Him, saying, “Lord, if You are willing, You are able to cleanse me.”
6 and saying, “Lord, my servant is lying in the house paralyzed, grievously tormented.”
8 But the centurion answering, said, “Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof; but just say the word, and my servant will be healed.
9 For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”
13 And Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! As you have believed, be it to you.” And his servant was healed in that very hour.
19 And one scribe, having approached Him, said “Teacher, I will follow You wherever that You should go.”
21 And another of His disciples said to Him, “Lord, allow me first to go and to bury my father.”
25 And having approached, they awoke Him, saying, “Lord, save us, we are perishing!”
Chapter 9 Jesus Heals a Paralytic
11 And having seen it, the Pharisees said to His disciples, “Why does your Teacher eat with the tax collectors and sinners?”
28 And having come into the house, the blind men came to Him, and Jesus says to them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” They say to him, “Yes, Lord.”
38 Beseech the Lord of the harvest, therefore, that He might send out workmen into His harvest.”
Chapter 10 The Twelve Apostles
18 And you will be brought also before governors and kings on account of Me, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles.
24 A disciple is not above the teacher, nor a servant above his master.
25 It is sufficient for the disciple that he become like his teacher, and the servant like his master. If the master of the house they called Beelzebul, how much more those of his household! Fear God Alone
Chapter 11 John's Inquiry
8 But what did you go out to see? A man having been dressed in delicate clothing? Behold, those wearing delicate clothing are in kings’ houses.
25 At that time, Jesus answering said, “I fully consent to You, Father, Lord of the heaven and the earth, that You did hide these things from the wise and learned, and did reveal them to little children.
Chapter 12 The Lord of the Sabbath
8 For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”
18 “Behold My servant, whom I have chosen, My beloved, in whom My soul has found delight. I will put My Spirit upon Him, and He will proclaim justice to the Gentiles.
38 Then some of the scribes and Pharisees answered him, saying “Teacher, we wish to see a sign from You.”
Chapter 13 The Parable of the Sower
27 And the servants, having approached the master of the house, said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have weeds?’
28 And he said to them, ‘An enemy did this.’ And the servants said to him, ‘Then do you desire that having gone forth, we should gather them?’
Chapter 14 The Beheading of John
9 And the king having been grieved, on account of the oaths and those reclining with him, he commanded it to be given.
28 And Peter answering said to Him, “Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You upon the waters.”
30 And seeing the charging wind, he was afraid, and having begun to sink, he cried out saying, “Lord, save me!”
Chapter 15 Tradition and Worship
22 And behold, a Canaanite woman from the same region having approached, was crying out saying, “Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David! My daughter is miserably possessed by a demon.”
25 And having come, she was worshiping Him saying, “Lord, help me!”
27 And she said, “Yes Lord, but even the dogs eat the crumbs falling from their masters’ table.”
Chapter 16 The Demand for a Sign
22 And Peter having taken Him aside, began to rebuke Him, saying, “Far be it from You, Lord! This never will be to You!”
Chapter 17 The Transfiguration
4 And Peter answering said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here. If You wish, I will make here three tabernacles: one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah.”
15 and saying, “Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is epileptic and suffers miserably; for often he falls into the fire, and often into the water.
24 And they having come to Capernaum, those collecting the didrachmas came to Peter and said, “Does your Teacher pay the didrachmas?”
25 He says, “Yes.” And he having entered into the house, Jesus anticipated him, saying, “What do you think, Simon? From whom do the kings of the earth receive custom or tribute? From their sons, or from strangers?”
Chapter 18 The Greatest in the Kingdom
21 Then Peter having come, said to Him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I will forgive him? Up to seven times?”
25 And of him having nothing to pay, the master commanded him to be sold, and the wife and children, and everything that he had, and payment to be made.
26 Therefore the servant, having fallen down, was bowing on his knees to him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay everything to you.’
27 And the master of that servant having been moved with compassion, released him and forgave him the debt.
28 But the same servant having gone out, found one of his fellow servants who was owing him a hundred denarii,f and having seized him, he was throttling him, saying, ‘Pay what you owe.’
29 Therefore his fellow servant having fallen down, was begging him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you.’
31 Therefore his fellow servants having seen the things having taken place, were deeply grieved, and having gone, narrated to their master everything having taken place.
32 Then his master having called him, says to him, ‘Evil servant, I forgave you all that debt because you begged me.
33 Did it not behoove you also to have pitied your fellow servant, as I also had pitied you?’
34 And having been angry, his master delivered him to the jailers, until that he should pay all being owed to him.
Chapter 19 Teachings about Divorce
16 And behold, one having come to Him said, “Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I might have eternal life?”
Chapter 20 The Parable of the Workers
8 And evening having arrived, the master of the vineyard says to his foreman, ‘Call the workmen and pay them the wages, having begun from the last, up to the first.’
11 And having received it, they were grumbling against the master of the house,
25 And Jesus having summoned them, said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them, and the great ones exercise authority over them.
26 Thus will it not be among you. But whoever wishes to become great among you, he will be your servant;
27 and whoever wishes to be first among you, he will be your slave
30 And behold, two blind men sitting beside the road, having heard that Jesus is passing by, cried out saying, “Lord, have mercy on us, Son of David!”
31 And the crowd rebuked them that they should be silent. But they cried out all the more, saying, “Lord, have mercy on us, Son of David!”
33 They say to Him, “Lord, that our eyes might be opened.”
Chapter 21 The Triumphal Entry
3 and if anyone says anything to you, you will say that the Lord has need of them, and he will send them immediately.”
5 “Say to the daughter of Zion, ‘Behold, your King comes to you, gentle and mounted on a donkey, even upon a colt, the foal of a beast of burden.’”a
9 And the crowds going before Him and those following were crying out, saying: “Hosanna to the Son of David!”b “Blessed is the One coming in the name of the Lord!”c “Hosanna in the highest!”d
33 Hear another parable: There was a man, a master of a house, who planted a vineyard, and placed around it a fence, and dug a winepress in it, and built a tower; and he rented it out to farmers and traveled abroad.
34 And when the season of the fruits drew near, he sent his servants to the farmers, to receive his fruits.
35 And the farmers having taken his servants, one they beat, and one they killed, and one they stoned.
36 Again he sent other servants, more than the first, and they did likewise to them.
40 Therefore when the master of the vineyard shall come, what will he do to those farmers?”
42 Jesus says to them, “Did you never read in the Scriptures: ‘The stone that those building rejected, this has become the chief corner. This was from the Lord, and it is marvelous in our eyes’j?
Chapter 22 The Parable of the Banquet
3 And he sent his servants to call those having been invited to the wedding feast—and they were not willing to come.
4 Again he sent other servants, saying, ‘Say to those having been invited, “Behold, I have prepared my dinner. My oxen and the fatlings have been killed, and all things are ready; come to the wedding feast.”’
6 And the rest, having laid hold of his servants, mistreated and killed them.
7 And the king was angry, and having sent his armies, he destroyed those murderers and burned their city.
8 Then he says to his servants, ‘Indeed the wedding feast is ready, but those having been invited were not worthy.
10 And those servants, having gone out into the highways, brought together all, as many as they found, both evil and good; and the wedding hall became full of those reclining.
11 And the king having entered in to see those reclining, he beheld a man there not being dressed in wedding clothes.
13 Then the king said to the servants, ‘Having bound his hands and feet, cast him out into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of the teeth.’
16 And they send their disciples to Him, with the Herodians, saying, “Teacher, we know that You are true, and You teach the way of God in the truth, and to You there is care about no one, for You do not look on the appearance of men.
24 saying, “Teacher, Moses said, ‘If anyone should die not having children, his brother will marry his wife and will raise up offspring for his brother.’
36 “Teacher, which commandment is the greatest in the Law?”
37 And He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’d
43 He says to them, “How then does David in spirit call Him Lord, saying:
44 ‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, until I place Your enemies as a footstool for Your feet.”’f
45 If therefore David calls Him Lord, how is He his son?”
Chapter 23 Woes to Scribes and Pharisees
7 and the greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by men.
8 But you shall not be called ‘Rabbi,’ for your Teacher is One, and you are all brothers.
11 But the greatest among you will be your servant.
39 For I say to you, you shall not see Me from now until you say, ‘Blessed is the One coming in the name of the Lord.’c”
Chapter 24 Temple Destruction Foretold
42 Therefore keep watch, for you do not know on what day your Lord comes.
43 And know this, that if the master of the house had known in what time of night the thief comes, he would have watched and not have allowed his house to be broken into.
45 Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has set over his household, to give to them the food in season?
46 Blessed is that servant whom his master, having come, will find thus doing.
48 But if that evil servant should say in his heart, ‘My master delays,’
49 and should begin to beat his fellow servants, and to eat and to drink with those being drunkards,
50 the master of that servant will come in a day in which he does not expect, and in an hour which he is unaware,
Chapter 25 The Parable of the Ten Virgins
11 And afterward, the other virgins come also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’
14 For it is like a man going on a journey who called his own servants and delivered his possessing to them.
18 But the one having received the one talent, having gone away, dug in the ground and hid his master’s money.
19 And after much time, the master of those servants comes and takes account with them.
20 And the one having received the five talents, having come, brought to him five other talents, saying, ‘Master, you did deliver to me five talents. Behold, I have gained five talents more.’
21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You were faithful over a few things; I will set you over many things. Enter into the joy of your master!’
22 And the one with the two talents, also having come said, ‘Master, you did deliver to me two talents. Behold, I have gained two talents more.’
23 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You were faithful over a few things; I will set you over many things. Enter into the joy of your master!’
24 And the one having received the one talent, having come, also said, ‘Master, I knew you, that you are a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering from where you did not scatter.
26 And his master answering, said to him, ‘Wicked and lazy servant! You knew that I reap where I did not sow and gather from where I did not scatter.
30 And cast out the worthless servant, into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ The Sheep and the Goats
37 Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungering, and fed You? Or thirsting, and gave You to drink?
40 And the King answering, will say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you did it to Me.’
44 Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungering, or thirsting, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister to You?’
Chapter 26 The Plot to Kill Jesus
18 And He said, “Go into the city unto a certain man and tell him the Teacher says, ‘My time is near; I will keep the Passover with you with My disciples.’”
22 And being grieved exceedingly, they began, each one, to say to Him, “Is it I, Lord?”
25 And Judas who was betraying Him, answering, said, “Is it I, Rabbi?” He says to him, “You have said.”
49 And having come up to Jesus immediately, he said, “Greetings, Rabbi,” and kissed Him.
51 And behold, one of those with Jesus, having stretched out the hand, drew his sword, and having struck the servant of the high priest, cut off his ear.
69 And Peter was sitting outside in the court, and one servant girl came to him, saying, “You also were with Jesus the Galilean.”
Chapter 27 Jesus Delivered to Pilate
10 and they gave them for the potter’s field, as the Lord directed me.”a
11 Now Jesus stood before the governor, and the governor questioned Him, saying, “Are You the King of the Jews?” And Jesus said, “You say.”
29 And having twisted together a crown of thorns, they put it on His head, and a reed in His right hand; and having bowed the knees before Him, they mocked Him, saying, “Hail, King of the Jews!”
37 And they put up over His head the written accusation against Him: THIS IS JESUS, THE KING OF THE JEWS.
42 “He saved others. He is not able to save Himself. He is King of Israel! Let Him descend now from the cross, and we will believe in Him.
Chapter 28 The Resurrection
2 And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord, having descended out of heaven and having come, rolled away the stone and was sitting upon it.

BOOK OF Mark
Chapter 1 The Mission of John the Baptist
3 “The voice of one crying in the wilderness, ‘Prepare the way of the Lord, make straight His paths.’”c
20 And immediately He called them, and having left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired servants, they went away after Him. Jesus Expels an Unclean Spirit
Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic
22 And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; otherwise the wine will burst the wineskins, and the wine will be destroyed—and the wineskins. Instead, new wine is poured into new wineskins.”b The Lord of the Sabbath
28 So then, the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”
Chapter 3 Jesus Heals on the Sabbath
Chapter 4 The Parable of the Sower
38 And He was in the stern, sleeping on the cushion. And they awaken Him and say to Him, “Teacher, is it no concern to You that we perish?”
Chapter 5 The Demons and the Pigs
19 And He did not permit him, but He says to him, “Go to your home, to your own, and preach to them how much the Lord did for you and had mercy on you.”
Chapter 6 The Rejection at Nazareth
14 And King Herod heard; for His name became well known. And people were saying, “John, the one baptizing, is risen out from the dead, and because of this the miraculous powers operate in him.”
22 and the daughter of Herodias herself having come in, and having danced, pleased Herod and those reclining with him. And the king said the to the girl, “Ask me whatever you wish, and I will give to you.”
25 And having entered immediately with haste to the king, she asked, saying, “I desire that you give to me the head of John the Baptist upon a platter at once.”
26 And the king, having been made very sorrowful, on account of the oaths and those reclining with him, did not want to refuse her.
27 And immediately the king, having sent an executioner, commanded to be brought his head. And having gone, he beheaded him in the prison,
Chapter 7 Tradition and Worship
28 But she answered and says to Him, “Yes, Lord, even the dogs under the table eat of the children’s crumbs.”
Chapter 8 The Feeding of the Four Thousand
Chapter 9 The Transfiguration
5 And Peter answering, says to Jesus, “Rabbi, it is good for us to be here. And let us make three tabernacles: one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah.”
17 And one out of the crowd answered Him, “Teacher, I brought to You my son, having a mute spirit;
35 And having sat down, He called the Twelve, and He says to them, “If anyone desires to be first, he will be last of all and servant of all.”
38 John answered Him, “Teacher, we saw someone who does not follow us casting out demons in Your name, and we were forbidding him, because he was not following us.”
Chapter 10 Teachings about Divorce
20 And he was saying to Him, “Teacher, all these I have kept from my youth.”
35 And James and John, the sons of Zebedee, come up to Him saying to Him, “Teacher, we desire that You would do for us whatever we might ask you.”
42 And Jesus having called them near, says to them, “You know that those being accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them.
43 But it shall not be thus among you. Instead, whoever desires to become great among you will be your servant,
44 and whoever desires to become first among you will be slave of all.
Chapter 11 The Triumphal Entry
3 And if anyone says to you, ‘Why are you doing this?’ say, ‘Because the Lord has need of it, and He will send it back here soon.’”
9 And those going before and those following were crying out: “Hosanna!”a “Blessed is the One coming in the name of the Lord!”b
21 And Peter having remembered, says to Him, “Rabbi, look, the fig tree that You cursed is dried up.”
Chapter 12 The Parable of the Wicked Tenants
2 And he sent a servant to the farmers at the due time, that he might receive from the farmers from the fruit of the vineyard.
4 And again he sent to them another servant, and him they struck on the head, and treated shamefully.
9 What therefore will the master of the vineyard do? He will come and will destroy the farmers, and will give the vineyard to others.
11 this was from the Lord, and it is marvelous in our eyes’a?”
14 And having come, they say to Him, “Teacher, we know that You are true, and to You there is no care about any one; for You do not look on the appearance of men, but teach the way of God on the basis of the truth. Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar or not? Should we pay or not pay?”
19 “Teacher, Moses wrote for us, that if anyone’s brother should die and leave behind a wife and not leave children, that his brother should take the wife and raise up seed for his brother.
29 Jesus answered, “The foremost is, ‘Hear this O Israel: The Lord our God is One Lord,
30 and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.’e
32 And the scribe said to Him, “Right, Teacher. You have spoken according to truth that He is One, and there is not another besides Him,
36 David himself said by the Holy Spirit: ‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, until I place Your enemies as a footstool of Your feet.”’g
37 David himself calls Him Lord. And from where is He his son?” And the great crowd was listening to Him gladly. Warning against the Scribes
Chapter 13 Temple Destruction Foretold
1 And of Him going forth out of the temple, one of His disciples says to Him, “Teacher, behold what stones and what buildings!”
9 But you take heed to yourselves. They will betray you to courts, and you will be beaten in synagogues; and you will stand before governors and kings because of Me, for a testimony to them.
20 And if the Lord had not shortened the days, not any flesh would have been saved; but on account of the elect whom He chose, He has shortened the days.
34 It is like a man going on a journey, having left his house, and having given his servants authority, to each one his work. And he commanded the doorkeeper that he should keep watch.
35 Therefore watch—for you do not know when the master of the house comes: either at evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or morning—
Chapter 14 The Plot to Kill Jesus
14 And wherever he might enter, say to the master of the house that the Teacher says, ‘Where is My guest room, where I may eat the Passover with My disciples?’
45 And having arrived, having come up to Him immediately, he says, “Rabbi!” And he kissed Him.
47 And a certain one of those standing by, having drawn the sword, struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his ear.
66 And Peter being below in the courtyard, one of the servant girls of the high priest comes,
69 And the servant girl, having seen him, began to say again to those standing by, “This is one of them.”
Chapter 15 Jesus Delivered to Pilate
2 And Pilate questioned Him, “Are You the King of the Jews?” And answering, He says to him, “You have said.”
9 But Pilate answered them, saying, “Do you wish that I should release to you the King of the Jews?”
12 And Pilate answering was saying to them again, “Then what do you wish that I should do to Him whom you call the King of the Jews?”
18 and they began to salute Him, “Hail, King of the Jews!”
26 And there was the inscription of the accusation against Him, having been written: THE KING OF THE JEWS.
32 The Christ, the King of Israel, let Him descend now from the cross, that we might see and believe!” And those being crucified with Him were upbraiding Him. The Death of Jesus
Chapter 16 The Resurrection

BOOK OF Luke
Chapter 1 Dedication to Theophilus
2 just as those from the beginning having been eyewitnesses and servants of the word delivered them to us,
5 There was in the days of Herod king of Judea a certain priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abijah, and his wife of the daughters of Aaron, and her name Elizabeth.
9 according to the custom of the priesthood, it fell to him by lot to burn incense, having entered into the temple of the Lord.
11 And an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right of the altar of the incense.
15 For he will be great before the Lord. And he shall never drink wine and strong drink, and he will be full of the Holy Spirit even from his mother’s womb.
16 And he will turn many of the sons of Israel to the Lord their God.
17 And he will go forth before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”
25 “Thus the Lord has done to me, in the days in which He looked upon me to take away my disgrace among men.” Gabriel Foretells Jesus' Birth
28 And having come to her, he said, “Greetings, you favored with grace! The Lord is with you.”a
32 He will be great, and He will be called Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David,
38 And Mary said, “Behold, the Lord’s handmaid. May it happen to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her. Mary Visits Elizabeth
43 And from where is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
45 And blessed is the one having believed that there will be a fulfillment to the things spoken to her from the Lord.” Mary's Song
46 And Mary said: “My soul magnifies the Lord,
54 He has helped Israel His servant, remembering mercy,
58 And her neighbors and relatives heard that the Lord was magnifying His mercy with her, and they were rejoicing with her.
66 And all those having heard laid them up in their heart, saying, “What then will this child be?” And indeed, the hand of the Lord was with him. Zechariah's Song
68 “Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel, because He has visited and has performed redemption on His people,
69 and has raised up a horn of salvation for us, in the house of His servant David;
76 And you, child, will be called prophet of the Most High; for you will go before the Lord to prepare His ways,
Chapter 2 The Birth of Jesus
9 And an angel of the Lord stood by them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they feared with great fear.
11 For today in the City of David a Savior has been born to you, who is Christ the Lord.
15 And it came to pass, as the angels were departing from them into the heaven, the shepherds were saying to one another, “Let us go through indeed as far as Bethlehem, and let us see this word that has come to pass, which the Lord has made known to us.”
22 And when the days of their purification were fulfilled according to the Law of Moses, they brought Him to Jerusalem to present to the Lord
23 (as it has been written in the Law of the Lord: “Every male opening a womb shall be called holy to the Lord”b),
24 and to offer a sacrifice, according to that having been said in the Law of the Lord, “A pair of turtle doves or two young pigeons.”c The Prophecy of Simeon
26 And it was divinely revealed to him by the Holy Spirit not to see death before that he should see the Lord’s Christ.
29 “Now Lord, You dismiss Your servant in peace, according to Your word.
39 And when they had performed everything according to the Law of the Lord, they returned to Galilee, to their town, Nazareth.
46 And it came to pass after three days, they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both hearing them and questioning them.
Chapter 3 The Mission of John the Baptist
4 as it has been written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet: “The voice of one crying in the wilderness, ‘Prepare the way of the Lord; make His paths straight.’
12 And tax collectors also came to be baptized, and they said to him, “Teacher, what shall we do?”
Chapter 4 The Temptation of Jesus
8 And Jesus answering, said to him, “It has been written: ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and you shall serve Him only.’b”
12 And Jesus answering, said to him, “It has been said, ‘You shall not test the Lord your God.’d”
18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because of which He has anointed Me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent Mee to proclaim deliverance to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind, to send forth in deliverance the oppressed,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”f
Chapter 5 The First Disciples
5 And Simon answering, said, “Master, having toiled through whole night, we have taken nothing; but at Your word, I will let down the nets.”
8 And having seen, Simon Peter fell at Jesus’ knees, saying, “Depart from me, Lord. For I am a sinful man.”
12 And it came to pass in His being in one of the cities, that behold, a man full of leprosy,b and having seen Jesus, having fallen upon his face, begged Him, saying, “Lord, if You would be willing, You are able to cleanse me.”
17 And it came to pass on one of the days that He was teaching, and Pharisees and teachers of the law were there sitting by, who were come out of every village of Galilee, and of Judea, and of Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was there for Him to heal.
Chapter 6 The Lord of the Sabbath
5 And He was saying to them, “The Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.” Jesus Heals on the Sabbath
40 A disciple is not above the teacher, and everyone fully trained will be like his teacher.
46 And why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I say?
Chapter 7 The Faith of the Centurion
2 And a certain servant of a centurion, who was valued highly to him, being sick, was about to die.
3 And having heard about Jesus, he sent elders of the Jews to Him, begging Him that having come, He might save his servant.
6 And Jesus was going with them. And already, He being not far distant from the house, the centurion sent friends, saying to Him, “Lord, do not trouble Yourself, for I am not worthy that You should come under my roof.
7 Therefore neither did I count myself worthy to come to You; but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed.
8 For I also am a man appointed under authority, having soldiers under me; and I say to this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”
10 And having returned to the house, those having been sent found the servant in good health. Jesus Raises a Widow's Son
13 And the Lord having seen her, was moved with compassion on her and said to her, “Do not weep.”
19 And having summoned a certain two his disciples, John sent them to the Lord saying, “Are You the coming One, or are we to look for another?”
Chapter 8 Women Minister to Jesus
24 And having approached, they awoke Him, saying, “Master, Master, we are perishing!” And having arisen, He rebuked the wind and the raging of the water, and they ceased, and there was a calm.
40 And answering, Jesus said to him, “Simon, I have something to say to you.” And he says, “Teacher, say it.”
45 And Jesus said, “Who is the one having touched Me?” But all were denying it. Petere said, “Master, the people surround You and press in.”
Chapter 9 The Ministry of the Twelve
33 And it came to pass in their departing from Him, Peter said to Jesus, “Master, it is good for us to be here; let us make also three tabernacles, one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah,” not knowing what he is saying.
38 And behold, a man from the crowd cried out, saying, “Teacher, I implore You to look upon my son, for he is an only child to me.
49 And John answering said, “Master, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name, and we were forbidding him, because he does not follow with us.”
54 And the disciples James and John having seen it, said, “Lord, will You that we should call fire to come down from heaven and to consume them?”b
59 And He said to another, “Follow Me.” But he said, “Lord, allow me first, having gone away, to bury my father.”
61 And another also said, “I will follow You, Lord; but first allow me to bid farewell to those at my home.”
Chapter 10 Jesus Sends Out the Disciples
1 Now after these things, the Lord also appointed seventy-twoa others and sent them in two by two before His face, into every city and place where He Himself was about to go.
2 And He was saying to them, “The harvest is indeed plentiful, but the workmen are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest, that He may send out workmen into His harvest.
17 And the seventy-two returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us through Your name.”
21 In the same hour, He rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, “I fully consent to You, Father, Lord of the heaven and of the earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent, and have revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for thus was it well-pleasing before You.
24 For I say to you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, and did not see; and to hear what you hear, and did not hear.” The Parable of the Good Samaritan
25 And behold, a certain lawyer stood up, testing Him, saying, “Teacher, what having done, will I inherit eternal life?”
27 And answering, he said, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind’c and ‘Your neighbor as yourself.’d”
39 And she had a sister called Mary, who also, having sat down at the feet of the Lord, was listening to His word.
40 But Martha was distracted about much service; and having come up, she said, “Lord, is it not concerning to You that my sister has left me alone to serve? Therefore speak to her, that she might help me!”
41 And the Lord answering said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things;
Chapter 11 The Lord's Prayer
1 And it came to pass in His being in a certain place praying, when He ceased, one of His disciples said to Him, “Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.”
39 And the Lord said to him, “Now you Pharisees, you cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but your inside is full of plundering and wickedness.
45 And one of the lawyers answering, says to Him, “Teacher, saying these things You insult us also.”
Chapter 12 The Leaven of the Pharisees
13 And one from the crowd said to Him, “Teacher, say to my brother to divide the inheritance with me.”
36 And you, like to men waiting for their master, whenever he shall return from the wedding feasts, that having come and having knocked, they might open to him immediately.
37 Blessed are those servants whom, having come, the master will find watching. Truly I say to you that he will gird himself and will make them recline, and having come up, will serve them.
39 But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what hour the thief is coming,e he would not have allowed his house to be broken into.
41 And Peter said, “Lord, do You speak this parable to us, or also to all?”
42 And the Lord said, “Who then is the faithful, wise manager, whom the master will set over the care of his servants, to give them the measure of food in season?
43 Blessed is that servant whom, having come, his master will find thus doing.
45 But if that servant should say in his heart, ‘My master delays to come,’ and should begin to beat the men-servants and the maid-servants, and to eat and to drink and to get drunk,
46 the master of that servant will come in a day in which he does not expect, and in an hour that he does not know, and he will cut him in two and will appoint him a place with the unbelievers.
47 Now that servant, the one having known the will of his master, and not having prepared nor having done according to his will, will be beaten with many blows.
Chapter 13 A Call to Repentance
15 Therefore the Lord answered him and said, “Hypocrites! Does not each one of you untie his ox or donkey from the stall on the Sabbath, and having led it away, give it to drink?
23 And someone said to Him, “Lord, if those being saved are few?” And He said to them,
25 From the time the master of the house shall have risen up and shall have shut the door, then you shall begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, open to us.’ And he answering, will say to you, ‘I do not know from where you are.’
35 Behold, your house is left to you. And I say to you, you shall not see Me until the time comes when you say, ‘Blessed is the One coming in the name of the Lord.’a”
Chapter 14 Jesus Heals a Man with Dropsy
17 And at the hour of the supper, he sent his servant to say to those having been invited, ‘Come, for now it is ready.’
21 And the servant having come, reported these things to his master. Then the master of the house, having become angry, said to his servant, ‘Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in here the poor and crippled and blind and lame.’
22 And the servant said, ‘Sir, as you did command, it has been done, and there is still room.’
23 And the master said to the servant, ‘Go out into the highways and hedges and compel them to come in, so that my house may be filled.
31 Or what king, proceeding to engage with another king in war, will not, having sat down, first take counsel whether he is able with ten thousand to meet the one coming against him with twenty thousand?
Chapter 15 The Parable of the Lost Sheep
17 But having come to himself, he was saying, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have abundance of bread, but here I am perishing with hunger?
19 no longer am I worthy to be called your son. Make me like one of your servants.”’
22 And the father said to his servants, ‘Quickly bring out the best robe and clothe him, and give him a ring for his hand and sandals for his feet;
26 And having called near one of the servants, he began inquiring what these things might be.
Chapter 16 The Parable of the Shrewd Manager
5 And having summoned each one of his master’s debtors, he was saying to the first, ‘How much do you owe to my master?’
8 And the master praised the unrighteous manager because he had acted shrewdly. For the sons of this age are more shrewd than the sons of the light in their own generation.
13 No servant is able to serve two masters. For either he will hate the one and he will love the other, or he will be devoted to one and he will despise the other. You are not able to serve God and mammon.” The Law and the Prophets
Chapter 17 Temptations and Trespasses
5 And the apostles said to the Lord, “Add to us faith!”
6 And the Lord said, “If you have faith like a grain of mustard, you would have said to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and be planted in the sea,’ and it would have obeyed you.
7 And which of you having a servant plowing or shepherding, the one having come in out of the field, will say to him ‘Having come, immediately recline?’
9 Is he thankful to the servant because he did the things having been commanded?
10 Thus you also, when you may have done all the things having been commanded you, say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have done that which we were bound to do.’” The Ten Lepers
13 And they lifted up their voice, saying, “Jesus, Master, have compassion on us.”
37 And answering, they say to Him, “Where, Lord?” And He said to them, “Where the body is, there also the vultures will be gathered together.”
Chapter 18 The Persistent Widow
6 And the Lord said, “Hear what the unrighteous judge says.
18 And a certain ruler asked Him, saying, “Good Teacher, having done what, will I inherit eternal life?”
41 “What do you desire I shall do to you?” And he said, “Lord, that I might receive sight.”
Chapter 19 Jesus and Zacchaeus
8 And Zacchaeus having stood, said to the Lord, “Behold, half of my possessions, Lord, I give to the poor; and if I have defrauded anything of anyone, I restore it fourfold.”
13 And having called ten of his servants, he gave to them ten minasa and said to them, ‘Do business until that I come back.’
16 And the first came up, saying, ‘Lord, your mina has produced ten more minas.’
17 And He said to him, ‘Well done, good servant! Because you were faithful in very little, you are to be having authority over ten cities.’
18 And the second came, saying, ‘Lord, your mina has made five minas.’
20 And another came, saying, ‘Lord, behold your mina, which I kept lying away in a handkerchief.
25 And they said to him, ‘Master, he has ten minas!’
31 And if anyone asks you, ‘Why do you untie it?’ thus will you say, ‘Because the Lord has need of it.’”
33 And on their untying the colt, its masters said to them, “Why do you untie the colt?”
34 And they said, “The Lord has need of it.”
38 saying: “Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord!”b “Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”
39 And some of the Pharisees from the crowd said to Him, “Teacher, rebuke Your disciples.”
Chapter 20 Jesus' Authority Challenged
10 And in the season, he sent a servant to the farmers, that they will give to him from the fruit of the vineyard. But the farmers sent him away empty-handed, having beaten him.
11 And he proceeded to send another servant; but having beaten him and having dishonored him, they sent him away empty-handed.
13 Then the master of the vineyard said, ‘What shall I do? I will send my beloved son; perhaps they will respect him.’
15 And having cast him forth outside the vineyard, they killed him. What therefore will the master of the vineyard do to them?
21 And they questioned Him, saying, “Teacher, we know that You speak and teach rightly, and do not receive any person, but teach the way of God on the basis of truth.
28 saying, “Teacher, Moses wrote to us if anyone’s brother should die having a wife, and he is childless, that his brother should take the wife and should raise up seed to his brother.
37 But that the dead are raised, even Moses showed at the bush, when he calls the Lord ‘the God of Abraham, and God of Isaac, and God of Jacob.’d
39 And some of the scribes answering, said, “Teacher, you have spoken well.”
42 For David himself says in the book of Psalms: ‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand,
44 David therefore calls Him Lord, and how is He his son?” Beware of the Scribes
Chapter 21 The Poor Widow's Offering
7 And they asked Him, saying, “Teacher, when will these things be, and what will be the sign when these things are about to take place?”
12 But before all these things, they will lay their hands upon you, and will persecute you, delivering you to the synagogues and prisons, bringing you before kings and governors on account of My name.
Chapter 22 The Plot to Kill Jesus
11 and you shall say to the master of the house, ‘The Teacher says to you, “Where is the guest room, where I may eat the Passover with My disciples?”’
25 And He said to them, “The kings of the Gentiles rule over them, and those exercising authority over them are called benefactors.
33 And he said to Him, “Lord, I am ready to go with You both to prison and to death.”
38 And they said, “Lord, behold, here are two swords.” And He said to them, “It is enough.” Jesus Prays on the Mount of Olives
49 And those around Him, having seen what would be, said, “Lord, should we strike with the sword?”
50 And a certain one of them struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his right ear.
56 And a certain servant girl, having seen him sitting by the light, and having looked intently on him, said, “This one also was with Him.”
61 And having turned, the Lord looked at Peter, and Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how He had said to him, “Before the rooster crows today, you will deny Me three times.”
Chapter 23 Jesus Before Pilate
2 And they began to accuse Him, saying, “We found this man misleading our nation, and forbidding tribute to be given to Caesar, and declaring Himself to be Christ, a king.”
3 And Pilate questioned Him, saying, “Are You the King of the Jews?” And answering him, He was saying, “You say.”
37 and saying, “If You are the King of the Jews, save Yourself!”
38 And there was also this inscriptione over Him: THE KING OF THE JEWS.
Chapter 24 The Resurrection
3 But having entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.
34 saying, “The Lord has risen indeed, and He has appeared to Simon.”
Last edited by mlinssen on Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
mlinssen

Re: Lord / master / king / servant / slave / Rabbi / teacher in all of the NT - John through 1 Corinthians

Post by mlinssen »

Lord / master / king / servant / slave / Rabbi / teacher in all of the NT - John through 1 Corinthians

One way to look for progression in development of ideas (in order to establishment priority / order) is to follow the evolution of certain concepts

Here is a complete list from Berean Literal (with footnote references left intact), of every verse with the word: lord, master, king, servant, slave, Rabbi, teacher.
Different shades of the same colour to distinguish between lowercase and uppercase versions

BOOK OF John
Chapter 1 The Beginning
23 He was saying, “I am a voice crying in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way of the Lord,’”c as Isaiah the prophet said.
38 Then Jesus having turned and having beheld them following, says to them, “What do you seek?” And they said to Him, “Rabbi” (which being translated is to say Teacher), “where are You staying?”
49 Nathanael answered Him, “Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are King of Israel.”
Chapter 2 The Wedding at Cana
5 His mother says to the servants, “Whatever He may say to you, do it.”
8 And He says to them, “Now draw some out and carry it to the master of the feast.” And they carried it.
9 And when the master of the feast had tasted the water having become wine, and did not know from where it is—but the servants having drawn the water knew—the master of the feast calls the bridegroom,
Chapter 3 Jesus and Nicodemus
2 He came to Him by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher, for no one is able to do these signs that You do, unless God should be with him.”
10 Jesus answered and said to him, “You are the teacher of Israel, and do you not know these things?
26 And they came to John and said to him, “Rabbi, He who was with you beyond the Jordan, to whom you have borne witness, behold He baptizes, and all are coming to Him.”
Chapter 4 Jesus and the Samaritan Woman
51 And already as he is going down, his servants met him, saying that his son lives.
Chapter 5 The Pool of Bethesda
Chapter 6 The Feeding of the Five Thousand
15 Therefore Jesus, having known that they are about to come and to seize Him that they might make Him king, withdrew again to the mountain Himself alone. Jesus Walks on Water
23 (but other boats from Tiberias came near the place where they ate the bread, the Lord having given thanks),
25 And having found Him on the other side of the sea, they said to Him, “Rabbi, when have You come here?”
68 Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom will we go? You have the words of eternal life.
Chapter 7 Jesus Teaches at the Feast
Chapter 8 The Woman Caught in Adultery
4 they say to Him, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the very act, committing adultery.
34 Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you that everyone practicing the sin is a slave of the sin.
35 Now the slave does not abide in the house to the age; the son abides to the age.
Chapter 9 Jesus Heals the Man Born Blind
2 And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he should be born blind?”
36 He answered and said, “And who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?”
38 And he was saying, “I believe, Lord.” And he worshiped Him.
Chapter 10 Jesus the Good Shepherd
12 But the hired servant, being not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees—and the wolf snatches them and scatters them—
13 because he is a hired servant and is not himself concerned about the sheep.
Chapter 11 The Death of Lazarus
2 And Mary was the one having anointed the Lord with fragrant oil and having wiped His feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.
3 Therefore the sisters sent to Him, saying, “Lord, behold, he whom You love is sick.”
12 Therefore His disciples said, “Lord, if he has fallen asleep, he will get well.”
21 Then Martha said to Jesus, “Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died.
27 She says to Him, “Yes, Lord; I have believed that You are the Christ, the Son of God, the One coming into the world.”
28 And having said these things she went away and called her sister Mary secretly, having said, “The Teacher is come, and He calls you.”
32 Therefore Mary, when she came to where Jesus was, having seen Him, fell at His feet, saying to Him, “Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died.”
34 And He said, “Where have you laid him?” They say to Him, “Lord, come and see.”
39 Jesus says, “Take away the stone.” Martha, the sister of the one having died, says to Him, “Lord, he stinks already, for it is four days.”
Chapter 12 Mary Anoints Jesus
13 took the branches of the palm trees and went out to meet Him, and were shouting: “Hosanna!”d “Blessed is the One coming in the name of the Lord!”e “And the King of Israel!”f
15 “Fear not, daughter of Zion. Behold, your King comes, sitting on a colt of a donkey.”g
26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.
38 so that word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, that said: “Lord, who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?”h
Chapter 13 Jesus Washes His Disciples' Feet
6 Then He comes to Simon Peter, who says to Him, “Lord, do You wash my feet?”
9 Simon Peter says to Him, “Lord, not my feet only, but also the hands and the head.”
13 You call Me Teacher and Lord, and you say rightly, for so I am.
14 Therefore if I, the Lord and the Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash the feet of one another.
16 Truly, truly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master, nor a messenger greater than the one having sent him.
25 Then he thus having leaned on the breast of Jesus, says to Him, “Lord, who is it?”
36 Simon Peter says to Him, “Lord, where are You going?” Jesus answered him, “Where I go, you are not able to follow Me now, but you will follow afterward.”
37 Peter says to Him, “Lord, why am I not able to follow You presently? I will lay down my life for You.”
Chapter 14 Jesus Comforts the Disciples
5 Thomas says to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going; how can we know the way?”
8 Philip says to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.”
22 Judas (not Iscariot) says to Him, “Lord, then what has occurred, that You are about to manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?”
Chapter 15 Jesus the True Vine
15 No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing. But I have called you friends, because all things that I heard from My Father, I have made known to you.
20 Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also.
Chapter 16 Persecution Foretold
Chapter 17 Prayer for the Son
Chapter 18 The Betrayal of Jesus
10 Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his right ear. Now the servant’s name was Malchus.
17 Therefore the servant girl, the doorkeeper, says to Peter, “Are you not also of the disciples of this man?” He says, “I am not.”
18 Now the servants and the officers were standing, having made a fire of coals, for it was cold and they were warming themselves. And Peter was also standing with them and warming himself. Jesus Before the High Priest
26 One of the servants of the high priest, being kinsman of him whose ear Peter had cut off, says, “Did I not see you in the garden with Him?”
33 Therefore Pilate entered again into the Praetorium, and he called Jesus and said to Him, “Are You the King of the Jews?”
37 Therefore Pilate said to Him, “Then You are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, that I may bear witness to the truth. Everyone being of the truth hears My voice.”
39 But it is your custom that I should release to you one at the Passover; therefore do you wish I should release to you the King of the Jews?”
Chapter 19 The Soldiers Mock Jesus
3 And they began coming up to Him and saying, “Hail, King of the Jews!” And they kept giving Him blows with the palm.
14 Now it was the Day of Preparation of the Passover; it was about the sixth hour. And he says to the Jews, “Behold your king!”
15 So they cried out, “Away with Him, away! Crucify Him!” Pilate says to them, “Shall I crucify your King?” The chief priests answered, “We have no king except Caesar.” The Crucifixion
19 And Pilate also wrote a title and put it on the cross. And it was written, JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS.
21 Therefore the chief priests of the Jews were saying to Pilate, “Do not write, ‘The King of the Jews,’ but that He said, ‘I am King of the Jews.’”
Chapter 20 The Resurrection
2 So she runs and comes to Simon Peter and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and she says to them, “They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him.”
13 And they say to her, “Woman, why do you weep?” She says to them, “Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him.”
16 Jesus says to her, “Mary.” Having turned around, she says to Him in Hebrew, “Rabboni,” that is to say, “Teacher.”
18 Mary Magdalene comes bringing word to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord,” and that He had said these things to her. Jesus Appears to the Disciples
20 And having said this, He showed them both His hands and His side. Then the disciples rejoiced, having seen the Lord.
25 So the other disciples were saying to him, “We have seen the Lord.” But he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the mark of the nails, and put my finger into the mark of the nails, and put my hands into His side, I will never believe.”
28 Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
Chapter 21 Jesus Appears at the Sea of Galilee
7 Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved says to Peter, “It is the Lord.” So Simon Peter, having heard that it is the Lord, put on the outer garment, (for he was naked), and he cast himself into the sea.
12 Jesus says to them, “Come, have breakfast.” But none of the disciples dared to ask Him, “Who are You?” knowing that it is the Lord.
15 Therefore when they had dined, Jesus says to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love Me more than these?” He says to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I dearly love You.” He says to him, “Feed My lambs.”
16 He says to him again a second time, “Simon son of John, do you love Me?” He says to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I dearly love You.” He says to him, “Shepherd My sheep.”
17 He says to him the third time, “Simon son of John, do you dearly love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you dearly love Me?” And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I dearly love You.” Jesus says to him, “Feed My sheep.
20 Having turned, Peter sees the disciple whom Jesus loved following, the one who also had reclined on His bosom at the supper and said, “Lord, who is it who is betraying You?”
21 Therefore having seen him, Peter says to Jesus, “Lord, and what about this man?”

BOOK OF Acts
Chapter 1 Prologue
21 Therefore it behooves the men having accompanied us during all the time that the Lord Jesus came in and went out among us,
24 And having prayed, they said, “You Lord, knower of the hearts of all, show which one of these two You have chosen
Chapter 2 The Holy Spirit at Pentecost
18 And even upon My servants, and upon My handmaidens, I will pour out of My Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.
20 The sun will be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and glorious day of the Lord coming.
21 And it shall be that everyone who shall call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.’b
25 For David says about Him: ‘I foresaw the Lord before me continually; because He is at my right hand, I should not be shaken.
34 For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he himself says: ‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand,
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made Him both Lord and Christ—this Jesus whom you crucified.” Three Thousand Believe
39 For the promise is to you and to your children and to all those at a distance, as many as the Lord our God shall call to Himself.”
47 praising God, and having favor with all the people. And the Lord kept adding every day to their number those who were being saved.
Chapter 3 A Lame Man Walks
13 The God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servantb Jesus, whom indeed you betrayed and disowned in the presence of Pilate, that one having adjudged to release Him.
20 so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that He may send the One having been appointed to you, Christ Jesus,
22 For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up to you a prophet like me out from your brothers. You will listen to Him in all things, as many as He might say to you.
26 God, having raised up His servant, sent Him first to you, blessing you in turning away each of you from your wickednesses.”
Chapter 4 Peter and John Before the Council
24 And having heard, they lifted up their voice with one accord to God and said, “Sovereign Lord, You made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all that is in them,
25 having spoken by the Holy Spirit through the mouth of Your servant,b our father David: ‘Why did the Gentiles rage, and the peoples devise vain things?
26 The kings of the earth took their stand, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord and against His Christ.’c
27 For in truth, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, were gathered together in this city against Your holy servant Jesus whom You anointed,
29 And now, Lord, look upon their threats, and grant to Your servants to speak Your word with all boldness,
30 in that You stretch out Your hand for healing and signs and wonders to take place through the name of Your holy servant Jesus.”
33 And with great power, the apostles were giving testimony of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and abundant grace was upon them all.
34 For there was not even anyone in need among them, for as many as were owners of lands or houses, selling them, were bringing the proceeds of what is sold,
Chapter 5 Ananias and Sapphira
9 But Peter said to her, “Why is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Behold, the feet of those having buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.”
14 And more believing in the Lord were added, multitudes both of men and women,
19 But during the night an angel of the Lord, having opened the doors of the jail, having brought them out, also said,
34 But a certain man having risen up in the Council, a Pharisee named Gamaliel, a teacher of the law honored by all the people, commanded them to put the men outside for a short while.
Chapter 6 The Choosing of the Seven
Chapter 7 Stephen's Address to the Sanhedrin
6 But God spoke thus, that his seed will be a sojourner in a strange land, and they will enslave it, and will mistreat it four hundred years.
10 and rescued him out of all his tribulations, and gave him favor and wisdom before Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he appointed him ruler over Egypt and over all his house.
18 until there arose another king over Egypt, who did not know Joseph.
31 And Moses having seen it, marveled at the vision. And of him coming near to behold it, there was the voice of the Lord:
33 And the Lord said to him, ‘Take off the sandal of your feet, for the place on which you stand is holy ground.
49 ‘Heaven is My throne, and the earth a footstool of My feet. What kind of house will you build Me, says the Lord, or what is the place of My rest?
59 And as they were stoning Stephen, he was calling out and saying, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”
60 And having fallen on his knees, he cried in a loud voice, “Lord, do not place this sin to them.” And having said this, he fell asleep.
Chapter 8 Saul Persecutes the Church
16 For He was not yet fallen upon any of them, but they had only been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.
22 Repent, therefore, of this wickedness of yours, and pray earnestly to the Lord, if indeed the intent of your heart will be forgiven you.
24 And Simon answering said, “You pray earnestly to the Lord on behalf of me, so that nothing of which you have spoken may come upon me.”
25 Therefore they indeed, having earnestly testified and having spoken the word of the Lord, traveled back to Jerusalem, and they were preaching the gospel to many villages of the Samaritans. Philip and the Ethiopian
26 Now an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip, saying, “Rise up and go toward the south, to the road going down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” (This is the desert road.)
39 Now when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord carried away Philip, and the eunuch saw him no longer. For he went his way rejoicing.
Chapter 9 The Road to Damascus
1 Meanwhile, Saul still breathing out threats and murder toward the disciples of the Lord, having gone to the high priest,
5 And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” And He said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.a
10 Now there was a certain disciple in Damascus named Ananias. And the Lord said to him in a vision, “Ananias!” And he said, “Behold me, Lord.”
11 And the Lord said to him, “Having risen up, go into the street called Straight, and seek in the house of Judas the one of Tarsus named Saul, for behold, he is praying,
13 But Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many concerning this man, how many evils he did to Your saints in Jerusalem.
15 But the Lord said to him, “Go, for this man is My vessel of choice to carry My name before the Gentiles, and also kings, and the sons of Israel.
17 And Ananias went away and entered into the house; and having laid the hands upon him, he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, the One having appeared to you on the road by which you were coming, has sent me that you may see again and be filled of the Holy Spirit.”
27 But Barnabas having taken him, brought him to the apostles and related to them how he had seen the Lord on the road, and that He had spoken to him, and how in Damascus he had spoken boldly in the name of Jesus.
31 Then indeed the churches throughout all of Judea and Galilee and Samaria had peace, being edified. And going on in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, they were multiplied. The Healing of Aeneas
35 And all those inhabiting Lydda and Sharon saw him and turned to the Lord. The Raising of Dorcas
42 And it became known throughout all of Joppa, and many believed on the Lord.
Chapter 10 Cornelius Sends for Peter
4 And having looked intently on him, and having become afraid, he said, “What is it, Lord?” And he said to him, “Your prayers and your alms have ascended as a memorial before God.
14 But Peter said, “In no way, Lord! For never have I eaten anything common or unclean.”
33 Therefore I sent to you at once, and you did well, having come. Now therefore, we are all present before God to hear all the things having been commanded you by the Lord.” Good News for Gentiles
36 the word that He sent to the sons of Israel, proclaiming the gospel, peace by Jesus Christ—He is Lord of all.
Chapter 11 Peter's Report at Jerusalem
8 But I said, ‘In no way, Lord. For nothing ever common or unclean has entered into my mouth.’
16 And I remembered the word of the Lord, how He had said, ‘John indeed baptized with water,a but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’
17 If then God has given to them the same gift as also to us having believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, how was I able to forbid God?”
21 And the hand of the Lord was with them, and a great number, having believed, turned to the Lord.
23 who having come and having seen the grace of God, rejoiced and was exhorting all to abide in the Lord with resolute purpose of heart.
24 For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Spirit and of faith. And a large crowd was added to the Lord.
Chapter 12 James Killed, Peter Imprisoned
1 Now at that time, Herod the king put forth the hands to mistreat some of those of the church.
7 And behold, an angel of the Lord stood by, and a light shone in the cell. And having struck Peter’s side, he woke him up, saying, “Rise up in haste.” And his chains fell off the hands.
11 And having come to himself, Peter said, “Now I know truly that the Lord has sent forth His angel and delivered me out of the hand of Herod and all the expectation of the people of the Jews.”
17 And having made a sign to them with the hand to be silent, he related to them how the Lord had brought him out of the prison. And he said, “Report these things to James and to the brothers.” And having gone out, he went to another place.
23 And immediately an angel of the Lord struck him in return for that he did not give the glory to God. And having been eaten by worms, he breathed his last.
Chapter 13 Paul's First Missionary Journey
1 Now there were prophets and teachers in Antioch in the church being there, both Barnabas and Simeon who was called Niger, and Lucius the Cyrenian, and Manaen brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.
2 Now as they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart then to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.”
10 said, “O full of all deceit and all craft, son of the devil, enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways the of Lord?
12 Then the proconsul, having seen that having happened, believed, being astonished at the teaching of the Lord. In Pisidian Antioch
21 Then they asked for a king, and God gave them Saul son of Kish, a man of the tribe of Benjamin, for forty years.
22 And having removed him, He raised up David to them as king, to whom also He said, having carried witness: ‘I have found David the son of Jesse a man according to My heart, who will do all My will.’
44 And on the coming Sabbath, almost the whole city was gathered together to hear the word of the Lord.
47 For thus the Lord has commanded us: ‘I have set you for a light of the Gentiles, you to be for salvation to the uttermost part of the earth.’e”
48 And the Gentiles hearing it were rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed.
49 And the word of the Lord was carried through the whole region.
Chapter 14 Paul and Barnabas at Iconium
23 Now having chosen elders for them in every church, having prayed, with fasting they committed them to the Lord, in whom they had believed.
Chapter 15 The Dispute over Circumcision
11 But we believe ourselves to be saved by the grace of the Lord Jesus, in the same manner as they also are.”
17 so that the remnant of men may seek out the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom has been called My name, upon them, says the Lord, doing these things,
26 men having handed over their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
36 Now after some days, Paul said to Barnabas, “Indeed, having turned back, let us look after the brothers, how they are, in every city in which we have announced the word of the Lord.”
40 But Paul, having chosen Silas, went forth, having been committed to the grace of the Lord by the brothers.
Chapter 16 Timothy Joins Paul and Silas
14 And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple of the city of Thyatira, worshiping God, was listening. The Lord opened her heart to attend to the things being spoken by Paul.
15 And when she was baptized, and her house, she begged, saying, “If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, having entered into my house, abide.” And she persuaded us. Paul and Silas Imprisoned
16 Now it happened of us going to the place of prayer, a certain girl, having a spirit of Python,a met us, who was bringing her masters much gain by fortune-telling.
17 Having followed Paul and us, she was crying out, saying, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation.”
19 Now her masters having seen that their hope of profit was gone, having taken hold of Paul and Silas, dragged them into the marketplace before the rulers.
31 And they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, you and your household.”
32 And they spoke the word of the Lord to him along with all those in his house.
Chapter 17 Paul Preaches at Thessalonica
7 whom Jason has received. And these all do contrary to the decrees of Caesar, proclaiming another to be king, Jesus.”
24 The God having made the world and all things that are in it, He being Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in hand-made temples,
Chapter 18 Paul's Ministry in Corinth
8 And Crispus, the ruler of the synagogue, believed in the Lord, with his all household. And many of the Corinthians hearing believed and were baptized.
Chapter 19 The Holy Spirit Received at Ephesus
5 And having heard, they were baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.
10 And this continued for two years, so that all those inhabiting Asia heard the word of the Lord, both Jews and Greeks.
13 Now some of the itinerant Jews, exorcists, also attempted to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those having evil spirits, saying, “I adjure you by Jesus, whom Paul proclaims.”
17 Now this became known to all those inhabiting Ephesus, both Jews and Greeks. And fear fell upon them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was being magnified.
20 Thus the word of the Lord continued to increase and prevail with might. The Riot in Ephesus
Chapter 20 Paul in Macedonia and Greece
19 serving the Lord with all humility and tears, and trials having befallen me in the plots of the Jews;
21 earnestly testifying both to the Jewish and to Greeks repentance in God and faith in our Lord Jesus.b
24 But I make my life neither dear nor any account to myself, so as to finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus: to testify fully the gospel of the grace of God.
35 In everything I showed you that by thus straining, it behooves us to aid those being weak, and also to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how He Himself said, ‘It is more Blessed to give than to receive.’”
Chapter 21 Paul's Journey to Jerusalem
14 And of him not being persuaded, we were silent, having said, “The will of the Lord be done.”
Chapter 22 Paul's Defense to the Crowd
8 And I answered, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said to me, ‘I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting.’
10 Then I said, ‘What shall I do, Lord?’ And the Lord said to me, ‘Having risen up, go to Damascus, and there it will be told you concerning all things that it has been appointed you to do.’
19 And I said, ‘Lord, they themselves know that in each of those synagogues I was imprisoning and beating those believing on You.
Chapter 23 Paul Before the Sanhedrin
11 But the following night the Lord, having stood by him, said, “Take courage, for as you have fully testified about Me at Jerusalem, so also it behooves you to testify in Rome.” The Plot to Kill Paul
Chapter 24 Tertullus Prosecutes Paul
Chapter 25 Paul's Trial Before Festus
12 Then Festus, having conferred with the Council, answered, “You have appealed to Caesar; to Caesar you will go!” Festus Consults King Agrippa
13 Now some days having passed, Agrippa the king and Bernice came down to Caesarea, greeting Festus.
14 And as they stayed there many days, Festus laid before the king the things relating to Paul, saying, “There is a certain man left by Felix as a prisoner,
24 And Festus says, “King Agrippa and all men being present with us, you see this one concerning whom the whole multitude of the Jews pleaded with me, both in Jerusalem and here, crying out of him that he ought not to live any longer.
26 concerning whom I have nothing definite to write to my lord. Therefore I have brought him before you all, and especially before you, King Agrippa, so that of the examination having taken place, I might have something to write.
Chapter 26 Paul's Testimony to Agrippa
2 “Concerning all of which I am accused by the Jews, King Agrippa, I esteem myself fortunate before you, being about to defend myself today,
7 to which our twelve tribes hope to attain, serving in earnestness night and day, the hope concerning which I am accused by the Jews, O king.
13 at midday on the road, O king, I saw, a light from heaven above, the brightness of the sun, having shone around me and those journeying with me.
15 Then I said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And the Lord said, ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.
16 But rise up and stand on your feet. For I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you a servant and a witness both of that which you have seen of Me, and of the things in which I will appear to you,
19 So then, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision,
26 For the king understands concerning these things, to whom also I speak using boldness. For I am persuaded none of these things are hidden from him, for none of these things is done in a corner.
27 Do you believe the prophets, King Agrippa? I know that you believe.”
30 Then the king and the governor rose up, and Bernice and those sitting with them,
Chapter 27 Paul Sails for Rome
11 But the centurion was persuaded by the pilot and the ship owner, rather than by the things spoken by Paul.
Chapter 28 Ashore on Malta

BOOK OF Romans
Chapter 1 Greeting the Saints in Rome
1 Paul, servant of Jesus Christ, a called apostle having been set apart for the gospel of God,
4 having been declared the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness, by resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord,
7 To all those being in Rome beloved of God, called saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Paul's Desire to Visit Rome
Chapter 2 God's Righteous Judgment
20 an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of infants, having in the Law the embodiment of knowledge and of the truth—
Chapter 3 God Remains Faithful
Chapter 4 Abraham Justified by Faith
8 blessed is the man against whom the Lord will never reckon sin.”b
24 but also on account of us, to whom it is about to be credited, to those believing on the One having raised Jesus our Lord out from the dead,
Chapter 5 The Triumph of Faith
1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we havea peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
11 And not only so, but also we are rejoicing in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation. Death in Adam, Life in Christ
21 so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness, unto eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Chapter 6 Dead to Sin, Alive to God
6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, so that the body of sin might be annulled, that we are no longer enslaved to sin.
16 Do you not know that to whom you yield yourselves as slaves for obedience, you are slaves to him whom you obey, whether of sin to death, or of obedience to righteousness?
17 But thanks be to God that you who were slaves of sin have now become obedient from the heart to the pattern of teaching to which you were committed.
18 And having been set free from sin, you have become slaves to righteousness.
20 For when you were slaves of sin, you were free from righteousness.
22 But now, having been set free from sin, and having become slaves to God, you have your fruit unto sanctification, and the end is eternal life.
23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Chapter 7 Release from the Law
25 Thanks be then to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself indeed with my mind serve God’s Law; but with the flesh, the Law of sin.
Chapter 8 Living in the Spirit
39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Chapter 9 Paul's Concern for the Jews
28 For the Lord will perform the sentence He is concluding and bringing swiftly upon the earth.”j
29 And, as Isaiah foretold: “If the Lord of Hosts had not left us descendants, we would have become like Sodom, and we would have been made like Gomorrah.”k Israel's Unbelief
Chapter 10 The Word Brings Salvation
9 that if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him out from the dead, you will be saved.
12 For there is no difference between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord of all is rich toward all those calling Him,
13 for, “Whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.”f
16 But not all heeded the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?”i
Chapter 11 The Remnant of Israel
34 “For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been His counselor?”g
Chapter 12 Living Sacrifices
11 not lagging in diligence, being fervent in spirit, serving the Lord,
19 never avenging yourselves, beloved; instead give place to wrath, for it has been written: “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”a
Chapter 13 Submission to Authorities
4 For he is God’s servant to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For He is God’s servant, an avenger for wrath to the one doing evil.
6 For because of this, you also pay taxes; for they are servants of God, attending continually upon this very thing.
14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the desires of the flesh.
Chapter 14 The Law of Liberty
4 Who are you, judging another’s servant? To the own master he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to uphold him.
6 The one regarding the day, regards it to the Lord;a the one eating, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and the one not eating, does not eat to the Lord and gives thanks to God.
8 For both if we should live, we live to the Lord; and if we should die, we die to the Lord. Therefore both if we should live and if we should die, we are the Lord’s.
11 For it has been written: “I live, says the Lord, that every knee will bow to Me, and every tongue will confessb to God.”c
14 I know and I am persuaded in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean of itself, except to him reckoning anything to be unclean—to that one it is unclean.
Chapter 15 Accept One Another
6 so that with one accord, with one mouth, you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Christ the Servant of Jews and Gentiles
8 For I declare Christ to have become a servant of the circumcision for the truth of God, in order to confirm the promises given to the fathers,
11 And again: “Praise the Lord all the Gentiles, and praise Him, all the peoples.”d
30 Now I exhort you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in the prayers for me to God,
Chapter 16 Personal Greetings and Love
1 Now I commend to you Phoebe our sister, being also a servanta of the church in Cenchrea,
2 that you might receive her in the Lord worthily of the saints, and you might assist her in whatever matter she may need of you. For she also has been a patroness of many, and of me myself.
8 Greet Ampliatus, my beloved in the Lord.
11 Greet Herodion, my kinsman. Greet those of the household of Narcissus being in the Lord.
12 Greet Tryphena and Tryphosa, those toiling in the Lord. Greet Persis, the beloved, who toiled much in the Lord.
13 Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord, and his mother and mine.
18 For such do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own belly; and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.
20 And in a short time the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Greetings from Paul's Companions
22 I Tertius, the one having written down this letter, greet you in the Lord.

BOOK OF 1 Corinthians
Chapter 1 Greetings from Paul
2 To the church of God being in Corinth, having been sanctified in Christ Jesus, called holy, together with all those in every place calling on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both theirs and ours:
3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Thanksgiving
8 who also will sustain you to the end, blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into fellowship with His Son Jesus Christ our Lord. Unity in the Church
10 Now I exhort you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and there be no divisions among you, but you may be having been knit together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
31 in order that, as it has been written: “The one boasting, let him boast in the Lord.”c
Chapter 2 Paul's Message by the Spirit's Power
8 which none of the rulers of this age has understood. For if they had understood it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
16 “For who has known the mind of the Lord? Who will instruct Him?”b But we have the mind of Christ.
Chapter 3 God's Fellow Workers
5 Who then is Apollos? And who is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, even as the Lord has given to each.
10 According to the grace of God having been given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, but another is building upon it. But let each one take heed how he builds upon it.
Chapter 4 Servants of Christ
1 So let a man regard us as servants of Christ and stewards of God’s mysteries.
4 For I am conscious of nothing against myself, yet I have not been justified by this; but the One judging me is the Lord.
5 Therefore do not judge anything before the time, until the Lord shall have come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the motives of the hearts; and then the praise will come to each from God. Fools for Christ
17 On account of this I sent to you Timothy, who is my beloved and faithful child in the Lord, who will remind of you my ways that are in Christ Jesus,a as I teach everywhere in every church.
19 But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord wills, and I will find out not the talk of those being puffed up, but their power.
Chapter 5 Immorality Rebuked
4 in the name our Lord Jesus, of you having been gathered together and of me in spirit, with the power of the Lord Jesus,
5 to deliver such a one to Satan for destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.a
Chapter 6 Lawsuits among Believers
11 And some of you were such. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
12 “All things are lawful to me,” but not all things do profit. “All things are lawful to me,” but I will not be mastered by anything.
13 “Foods for the belly and the belly for foods,” but God will destroy both this and these. Now the body is not for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.
14 And by His power God has both raised up the Lord, and will raise us out.
17 But the one being joined to the Lord is one spirit. The Temple of the Holy Spirit
Chapter 7 Principles of Marriage
10 Now to those having married I give this charge (not I, but the Lord): A wife is not to be separated from a husband.
12 Now to the rest I say (I, not the Lord): If any brother has an unbelieving wife and she consents to dwell with him, let him not divorce her.
17 Nevertheless, as the Lord has assigned to each, as God has called to each, so let him walk. And thus I prescribe in all the churches.
21 Were you called while a slave, let it not be a care to you; but if also you are able to become free, rather take advantage.
22 For the one having been called in the Lord while a slave is the Lord’s freedman; likewise the one having been called while free is a slave of Christ.
23 You were bought with a price; do not become slaves of men.
25 Now concerning virgins, I do not have a commandment of the Lord, but I give judgment as having received mercy from the Lord to be trustworthy.
32 And I desire you to be without concern. The unmarried man cares for the things of the Lord, how he should please the Lord;
34 and is divided. And the unmarried woman and virgin cares for the things of the Lord, that she should be holy both in body and in spirit; but the one having been married cares for the things of the world, how she should please the husband.
35 Now I say this for your own benefit, not that I might place upon you a restraint, but for what is seemly and devoted to the Lord, without distraction.
39 A wife is bound for as long a time as her husband may live; but if the husband shall have died, she is free to be married to whom she wills, only in the Lord.
Chapter 8 Food Sacrificed to Idols
5 Truly even if indeed there are those called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, as there are many gods and many lords,
6 yet to us there is one God the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we through Him.
Chapter 9 The Rights of an Apostle
1 Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord? Are you not my work in the Lord?
2 If I am not an apostle to others, yet at least I am to you; for you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.
5 Have we no authority to take about a believer as a wife, as also the other apostles, and the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas?a
14 So also, the Lord has prescribed to those proclaiming the gospel to live from the gospel.
18 What then is my reward? That in preaching the gospel, I should offer the gospel free of charge, so as not to use up my right in the gospel. Paul the Servant to All
19 For being free from all, I myself became servant to all, so that I might win the more.
Chapter 10 Warnings from Israel's Past
21 You are not able to drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You are not able to partake of the table of the Lord and of the table of demons.
22 Or do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than He? All to God's Glory
26 for, “The earth is the Lord’s, and its fullness.”c
Chapter 11 Roles in Worship
11 However, neither is woman separate from man, nor man separate from woman in the Lord.
16 Now if anyone is inclined to be contentious, we have no such practice, nor do the churches of God. Sharing in the Lord's Supper
20 Therefore, of you coming together in one place, it is not to eat the Lord’s supper.
23 For I received from the Lord that which also I delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which He was betrayed, took bread,
26 For as often as you may eat this bread and may drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He should come.
27 Therefore whoever should eat the bread or should drink the cup of the Lord unworthily will be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord.
32 But being judged by the Lord, we are disciplined, so that we should not be condemned with the world.
Chapter 12 Spiritual Gifts
5 and there are varieties of services, but the same Lord;
13 For also in one Spirit we all were baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink one Spirit.
28 And some indeed God has appointed in the church, first apostles, secondly prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, various kinds of tongues.
29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?
Chapter 13 Love
Chapter 14 Prophecy and Tongues
21 In the Law it has been written: “By other tongues, and by other lips, I will speak to this people, and not even thus will they hear Me, says the Lord.”a
37 If anyone considers himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him recognize that the things I write to you are the commands of the Lord.
Chapter 15 The Resurrection of Christ
31 I die every day, as surely as the boasting in you, brothers, which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord.
57 But thanks be to God, the One giving us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil in the Lord is not in vain.
Chapter 16 The Collection for the Saints
7 For I do not want to see you now in passing; for I hope to remain a certain time with you, if the Lord permits.
10 Now if Timothy comes, see that he might be with you without fear, for he is doing the Lord’s work, as I also.
19 The churches of Asia greet you. Aquila and Prisca,a with the church at their house, greet you heartily in the Lord.
22 If anyone does not love the Lord, let him be accursed. Maranatha!b
23 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you.

60,000 character limit, continued in next Reply
mlinssen

Re: Lord / master / king / servant / slave / Rabbi / teacher in all of the NT - 2 Corinthians through Revelation

Post by mlinssen »

Lord / master / king / servant / slave / Rabbi / teacher in all of the NT - 2 Corinthians through Revelation

BOOK OF 2 Corinthians
Chapter 1 Paul Greets the Corinthians
2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. The God of All Comfort
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassions, and God of all comfort,
14 as also you have understood us in part, so that we are your boasting, even as you are also ours, in the day of our Lord Jesus.
24 Not that we lord it over your faith, but are fellow workers with you of joy; for in the faith you stand firm.
Chapter 2 Reaffirm Your Love
12 Now having come to Troas for the gospel of Christ, a door also having been opened to me in the Lord,
Chapter 3 Ministers of a New Covenant
16 But whenever one shall have turned to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
18 And we all having been unveiled in face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image, from glory to glory, even as from the Lord, the Spirit.
Chapter 4 The Light of the Gospel
5 For we do not proclaim ourselves, but Christ Jesus as Lord; and ourselves as your servants for the sake of Jesus.
14 knowing that the One having raised up the Lord Jesus also will raise us up through Jesus and will present us with you.
Chapter 5 Our Eternal Dwelling
6 always being confident, then, and knowing that, being at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord.
8 Now we are confident and are pleased rather to be absent out of the body, and to be at home with the Lord.
11 Therefore knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade men. And we have been made manifest to God, and I hope to have been made manifest in your consciences also.
Chapter 6 Paul's Hardships and God's Grace
4 in everything, rather, we are commending ourselves as God’s servants: in great endurance, in tribulations, in hardships, in distresses;
17 “Therefore come out from their midst and be separate, says the Lord, and touch nothing unclean, and I will receive you.”c
18 and “I will be for a father to you, and you will be for sons and daughters to Me, says the Lord Almighty.”
Chapter 7 Paul's Joy in the Corinthians
Chapter 8 Generosity Commended
5 And not only as we had hoped, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then to us, by the will of God.
9 For you know the grace our Lord Jesus Christ, that being rich, for the sake of you He became poor, so that you through His poverty might be enriched.
19 and not only that, but also having been chosen by the churches, he is our fellow traveler with this grace that is being administered by us toward the glory of the Lord himself and our readiness,
Chapter 9 God Loves a Cheerful Giver
Chapter 10 Paul's Apostolic Authority
8 For even if I should boast somewhat more abundantly concerning our authority, which the Lord has given us for building you up and not for tearing you down, I will not be ashamed,
17 But, “The one boasting, let him boast in the Lord.”a
18 For the one commending himself, this one is not approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.
Chapter 11 Paul and the False Apostles
15 Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds. Paul's Suffering and Service
17 What I am saying in this confidence of boasting, I am not saying according to the Lord, but as in foolishness.
20 For you bear it if anyone enslaves you, if anyone devours you, if anyone takes from you, if anyone exalts himself, if anyone strikes you in your face.
23 Are they servants of Christ? I speak as being beside myself, I too above measure: more abundantly in labors, more abundantly in imprisonments, in beatings above measure, in deaths often.
31 The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, the One being blessed to the ages, knows that I am not lying.
32 In Damascus the governor under the king Aretas was guarding the city of the Damascenes to seize me.
Chapter 12 Paul's Revelation
1 It behooves me to boast; it is not profitable indeed, but I will go on to visions and revelations of the Lord.
8 Three times I begged the Lord for this, that it might depart from me.
Chapter 13 Examine Yourselves
10 Therefore I write these things being absent, so that being present I should not treat you with severity according to the authority that the Lord has given me for building up and not for tearing down. Final Greetings and Blessing
14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with all of you.c

BOOK OF Galatians
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to the Galatians
3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ,
10 For presently do I seek approval of men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I were still pleasing men, I would not be a servant of Christ.
19 But I saw none of the other apostles, only James, the Lord’s brother.
Chapter 2 The Council at Jerusalem
4 even because of the false brothers brought in secretly, who came in by stealth to spy out our freedom which we have in Christ Jesus that they will enslave us,
Chapter 3 Faith and Belief
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male and female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Chapter 4 Sons and Heirs
1 Now I say, for as long a time as the heir is a child, he differs not from a slave, though being owner of everything.
7 So you are no longer a slave but a son; and if a son, also an heir through God. Paul's Fears for the Galatians
8 But at that time indeed, not knowing God, you were enslaved to those by nature not being gods.
9 But now, having known God, but rather having been known by God, how do you turn again to the weak and destitute principles, to which you desire to be enslaved again anew?
22 For it has been written that Abraham had two sons, one of the slave woman and one of the free.
23 But indeed, the one of the slave woman has been born according to flesh, but the one of the free, through the promise,
24 which things are allegorized, for these are two covenants: one indeed from Mount Sinai, begetting unto slavery, which is Hagar.
25 Now Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children.
30 But what does the Scripture say? “Cast out the slave woman and her son, for the son of the slave woman will never inherit along with the son of the free.”d
31 So then, brothers, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free.
Chapter 5 Freedom in Christ
1 In freedom Christ has set us free. Stand firm, therefore and do not be entangled again in a yoke of slavery!
10 I am confident as to you in the Lord that you will have no other mind. But the one troubling you will bear the judgment, whoever he might be.
Chapter 6 Carry One Another's Burdens
14 But for me, may it be never to boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through whicha the world has been crucified to me and I to the world.
18 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers. Amen.

BOOK OF Ephesians
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to the Ephesians
2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Spiritual Blessings
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the One having blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms,
15 Because of this, I also, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus among you, and the love toward all the saints,
17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,
Chapter 2 Alive with Christ
18 For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit. A Temple in the Lord
21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is increasing into a holy temple in the Lord,
Chapter 3 The Mystery of the Gospel
11 according to the purpose of the ages, which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord,
Chapter 4 Unity in the Body
1 Therefore I, the prisoner in the Lord, exhort you to walk worthily of the calling to which you were called,
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
11 And He gave some indeed to be apostles, and some prophets, and some evangelists, and some shepherds and teachers,
Chapter 5 Imitators of God
8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light—
10 discerning what is well-pleasing to the Lord.
17 Because of this, do not be foolish, but understand what is the Lord’s will,
20 giving thanks at all times for all things in the name our Lord Jesus Christ to the God and Father. Wives and Husbands
22 wives, to the own husbands as to the Lord;
Chapter 6 Children and Parents
1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
4 And fathers, do not provoke your children, but bring them up in the discipline and admonition of the Lord. Slaves and Masters
5 Slaves, obey the earthly masters with fear and trembling, in sincerity of your heart as to Christ,
6 not with eye-service as men-pleasers, but as servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart,
7 rendering service with good will as to the Lord and not to men,
8 knowing that each one, whatever good he might have done, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether he is slave or free.
9 And masters do the same things toward them, giving up threatening, knowing that also their master and yours is in the heavens, and there is no partiality with Him. The Armor of God
10 Henceforth be empowered in the Lord and in the strength of His might.
21 And that you also may know the things concerning me, what I am doing, Tychicus, the beloved brother and faithful servant in the Lord, will make known to you all things,
23 Peace to the brothers and love with faith from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Grace be with all those loving our Lord Jesus Christ in incorruptibility.

BOOK OF Philippians
Chapter 1 Greetings from Paul and Timothy
1 Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, To all the saints in Christ Jesus being in Philippi, with the overseers and deacons:
2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Thanksgiving and Prayer
14 and most of the brothers, trusting in the Lord by my chains, to dare more abundantly to speak fearlessly the word.b
Chapter 2 One in Christ
7 but emptied Himself, having taken the form of a servant, having been made in the likeness of men.
11 and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Shining as Stars
19 But I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon, that I also may be encouraged, having known the things concerning you.
24 And I am persuaded in the Lord that I myself will also come soon. Epaphroditus Commended
29 Therefore, receive him in the Lord with all joy, and hold such in honor,
Chapter 3 Righteousness through Faith
1 Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you indeed is not troublesome to me, and is safe for you.
8 But indeed, therefore, I also count all things to be loss because of the excelling knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, because of whom I have lost all things, and esteem them rubbish, that I may gain Christ
20 For our citizenship exists in the heavens, from whence also we are awaiting a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
Chapter 4 Stand Firm in the Lord
1 Therefore my brothers, beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, in this way stand firm in the Lord, beloved.
2 I exhort Euodia and I exhort Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord.
4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!
5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is near.
23 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.a

BOOK OF Colossians
3 We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying continually for you,
7 just as you learned from Epaphras, our beloved fellow bond-servant, who is a faithful servant of Christ on behalf of us,b
10 to walk worthily of the Lord: pleasing in all, bringing forth fruit in every good work, and growing in the knowledge of God,
16 because in Him were created all things in the heavens and upon the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or lordships or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through Him and unto Him.
Chapter 2 Absent in Body, Present in Spirit
6 Therefore, just as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, walk in Him,
Chapter 3 Putting on the New Self
11 where there is not Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, slave, and free; but Christ is all and in all.
13 bearing with each other and forgiving each other. If anyone should have a complaint against another, even as also the Lord has forgiven you, so also you.
17 And all, whatever you might do in word or in deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. Christian Households
18 Wives, submit yourselves to the husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
20 Children, obey the parents in all things, for this is well-pleasing in the Lord.
22 Slaves, obey the earthly masters in all things, not with eye-services as men-pleasers, but in sincerity of heart, fearing the Lord.
23 Whatever you might do, work from the soul, as to the Lord and not to men,
24 knowing that you will receive from the Lord the reward of the inheritance. You serve the Lord Christ!
Chapter 4 Fellow Workers
1 Masters, give to the slaves that which is righteous and that which is equal, knowing that you also have a Master in heaven.
7 All the things concerning me, Tychicus will make known to you, the beloved brother and faithful servant and fellow bond-servant in the Lord,
12 Epaphras greets you, who is one of you, a servant of Christ Jesus, always struggling for you in the prayers, so that you may stand mature and fully assured in all the will of God.
17 And say to Archippus: “Take heed to the ministry that you have received in the Lord, that you may fulfill it.”

BOOK OF 1 Thessalonians
Chapter 1 Greetings to the Thessalonians
1 Paul and Silvanusa and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace.b
3 remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and unceasing labor of love, and the endurance of the hope of our Lord Jesus Christ,
6 And you became imitators of us and of the Lord, having received the word in much tribulation, with the joy of the Holy Spirit,
8 For not only has the word of the Lord sounded forth from you in Macedonia and in Achaia, but in every place your faith toward God has gone abroad, so as for us to have no need to say anything.
Chapter 2 Paul's Ministry
15 who having killed both the Lord Jesus and their own prophets, and having driven us out, and not pleasing God, are also set against all men,
19 For who is our hope or joy or crown of boasting? Or are not even you, before our Lord Jesus at His coming?
Chapter 3 Timothy's Visit
8 For now we live, if you are standing firm in the Lord.
11 Now may our God and Father Himself, and our Lord Jesus, direct our way to you.
12 And may the Lord make you to increase and to abound in love toward one another, and toward all, just as also we toward you,
13 in order to strengthen your hearts, blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all His saints. Amen.
Chapter 4 Living to Please God
1 Finally then, brothers, we implore and exhort you in the Lord Jesus, that just as you have received from us in what manner it behooves you to walk and to please God, just as even you walk now, so you should abound more.
2 For you know what instructions we gave you through the Lord Jesus.
4 each of you to know how to win mastery over his own vessel in holiness and honor,
6 not to go beyond and to overreach his brother in the matter, because the Lord is avenging concerning all these things, just as also we told you before and thoroughly warned.
12 so that you may walk properly toward those outside, and may have need of no one. The Return of the Lord
15 For this we declare to you in the word of the Lord, that we the living, remaining unto the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those having fallen asleep,
16 because the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
17 Then we, the living remaining, will be caught away together with them in the clouds for the meeting of the Lord in the air; and so we will be always with the Lord.
Chapter 5 The Day of the Lord
2 For you yourselves fully know that the day of the Lord comes in this manner, as a thief by night.
9 because God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely, and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved, entirely blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27 I adjure you by the Lord, this letter to be read to all the brothers.
28 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.a

BOOK OF 2 Thessalonians
Chapter 1 Greetings to the Thessalonians
1 Paul and Silvanusa and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
7 and to you being oppressed, repose with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven, with His mighty angels,
8 in a fire of flame, inflicting vengeance on those not knowing God and on those not obeying the gospel of our Lord Jesus,
9 who will suffer the penalty of eternal destruction away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,
12 so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Chapter 2 The Man of Lawlessness
1 Now we implore you, brothers, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together unto Him,
2 for you not quickly to be shaken in mind, nor to be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as if by us, as that day of the Lord is present.
8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will consume with the breath of His mouth and will annul by the appearing of His coming,
13 But we ought to give thanks to God always concerning you, brothers beloved by the Lord, that God has chosen you from the beginninga unto salvation in the sanctification of the Spirit, and by faith of the truth;
14 to this also He called you through our gospel to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and God our Father, the One having loved us and having given us eternal comfort and good hope by grace,
Chapter 3 Request for Prayer
1 Finally, brothers, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may spread quickly and may be glorified, just as also with you,
3 But the Lord is faithful, who will strengthen you and will keep you from evil.
4 And we are persuaded in the Lord as to you, that both you are doing and you will do the things that we command.
5 And may the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the steadfastness of Christ. Warning against Irresponsibility
16 Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace through all, in every way. The Lord be with all of you.
18 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with all of you.a

BOOK OF 1 Timothy
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to Timothy
2 To Timothy, my true child in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace from God our Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. Warning against False Teaching
7 desiring to be teachers of the Law, understanding neither what they are saying nor that about which they confidently assert.
10 for the sexually immoral, homosexuals, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and if anything other is opposed to being sound in the teaching,
12 I have thankfulness for the One having strengthened me, Christ Jesus our Lord, that He esteemed me faithful, having appointed me to service,
14 And the grace of our Lord surpassingly increased with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.
17 Now to the King of the ages, the immortal, invisible, only God, be honor and glory to the ages of the ages. Amen.
Chapter 2 A Call to Prayer
2 for kings and all those being in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.
Chapter 3 Qualifications for Overseers
Chapter 4 Warnings against False Teachers
6 Laying before the brothers these things, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, being nourished in the words of the faith, and of the good teaching that you have closely followed.
Chapter 5 Guidelines for Reproof
Chapter 6 Instructions to Servants
1 As many as are under a yoke as slaves, let them esteem the own masters worthy of all honor, so that the name of God and the teaching should not be blasphemed.
2 Now those having believing masters, let them not despise them because they are brothers; but rather, let them serve them, because those being helped by the good service are believing and beloved. Teach and exhort these things. Reject False Doctrines
3 If anyone teaches another doctrine and does not draw near, being sound in the words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching according to godliness,
14 for you to keep the commandment, without stain, above reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 which He will display in the own seasons, blessed and alone Sovereign, the King of those being kings, and the Lord of those being lords,

BOOK OF 2 Timothy
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to Timothy
2 To Timothy, my beloved child: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. Encouragement to Be Faithful
8 Therefore you should not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me, His prisoner; but suffer together for the gospel, according to the power of God,
11 to which I was appointed a herald, and an apostle, and a teacher.
16 May the Lord grant mercy to the household of Onesiphorus, because he refreshed me often, and he was not ashamed of my chain.
18 May the Lord grant unto him to find mercy from the Lord in that day! And you know very well how much he served in Ephesus.
Chapter 2 Grace and Perseverance
7 Consider the things I am saying, for the Lord will give you understanding in all things.
13 if we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He is not able to deny Himself. The Lord's Approved Workman
19 Nevertheless, the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those being His,” and, “Let everyone naming the name of the Lord depart from iniquity.”
21 Therefore if anyone shall have cleansed himself from these, he will be a vessel for honor, having been sanctified, useful to the Master, having been prepared for every good work.
22 Now flee youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those calling on the Lord out of pure a heart.
24 And it behooves the bond-servant of the Lord not to quarrel, but to be gentle toward all, able to teach, forbearing,
Chapter 3 Evil in the Last Days
11 persecutions, sufferings such as happened to me in Antioch, in Iconium, in Lystra; what manner of persecutions I endured! And yet the Lord delivered me out of all.
Chapter 4 Preach the Word
3 For there will be a time when they will not endure sound teaching, but according to the own desires, having an itching ear, they will gather around them teachers to suit themselves,
8 From now on the crown of righteousness is laid up for me, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me in that day; but not only to me, but also to all those loving His appearing. Personal Concerns
14 Alexander the coppersmith did great harm to me. The Lord will render to him according to his deeds,
15 whom you also beware of, for exceedingly he has opposed our message. The Lord Remains Faithful
17 But the Lord stood by me and strengthened me, so that through me the proclamation would be fully accomplished, and all the Gentiles should hear. And I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.
22 The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you all.b

BOOK OF Titus
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to Titus
1 Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of the elect of God and the knowledge of the truth which is according to godliness,
9 holding to the faithful word according to the teaching, that he may be able both to encourage with sound teaching and to convict those contradicting it. Correcting False Teachers
Chapter 2 Teaching Sound Doctrine
3 the aged women likewise reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not being enslaved to much wine, teachers of what is good,
9 Servants are to be subject to their own masters in everything, to be well-pleasing, not gainsaying,
Chapter 3 Obedience to Authorities

BOOK OF Philemon
3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Philemon's Faith and Love
5 hearing of your love and the faith that you have toward the Lord Jesus and toward all the saints,
16 no longer as a slave, but above a slave, a beloved brother, especially to me, but how much more to you, both in the flesh and in the Lord.
20 Yes, brother, may I have profit from you in the Lord. Refresh my heart in Christ.
25 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.b

BOOK OF Hebrews
Chapter 1 The Supremacy of the Son
10 And: “You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are works of Your hands.
Chapter 2 Salvation Confirmed
3 how shall we escape, having neglected such a great salvation, which, having received a commencement declared by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those having heard,
15 and might set free those who all their time to live were subject to slavery through fear of death.
Chapter 3 Jesus Our Apostle and High Priest
5 And indeed Moses was faithful as a servant in all His house,a unto a testimony of the things going to be spoken,
Chapter 4 The Sabbath Rest
Chapter 5 The Perfect High Priest
12 For even by the time you ought to be teachers, you have need of one to teach you again what is the beginning of the principles of the oracles of God; and you have become those having need of milk, and not of solid food.
Chapter 6 A Call to Maturity
Chapter 7 Melchizedek and Abraham
1 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of God Most High, having met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and having blessed him,
2 is he to whom also Abraham apportioned a tenth of all, first indeed being translated, “king of righteousness;” and then also, “king of Salem,” which is, “king of peace.”
14 For it is evident that our Lord has sprung out of Judah, a tribe as to which Moses spoke nothing concerning priests.
21 He, however, was with an oath through the One saying to Him: “The Lord has sworn and will not change His mind, ‘You are a priest to the age.’”b
Chapter 8 Christ's Eternal Priesthood
2 a minister in the holy places and in the true tabernacle, which the Lord has pitched, not man.
8 For finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, and I will ratify a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,
9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers, in the day of My having taken hold of their hand, to lead them out of the land of Egypt, because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord, putting My Laws into their mind, and I will inscribe them upon their hearts; and I will be to them God, and they will be to Me for a people.
11 And they shall not teach, each his neighbor, and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ because all will know Me, from the least of them to the greatest,
Chapter 9 The Earthly Tabernacle
Chapter 10 Christ's Perfect Sacrifice
16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them, after those days, says the Lord, putting My Laws into their hearts, and I will inscribe them into their mind,”b
30 For we know the One having said, “Vengeance is Mine; I will repay,”d and again, “The Lord will judge His people.”e
Chapter 11 Faith and Assurance
23 By faith Moses, having been born, was hidden three months by his parents, because they saw the little child was beautiful, and they did not fear the edict of the king.
27 By faith he left Egypt, not having feared the anger of the king; for he persevered, as seeing the Invisible One.
Chapter 12 The Call to Endurance
5 and you have forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as to sons: “My son, do not regard lightly the Lord’s discipline, nor faint being reproved by Him.
6 For the Lord disciplines whom He loves, and He scourges every son whom He receives.a
14 Pursue peace with all, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord,
Chapter 13 Love for Brothers
6 So we are confident to say: “The Lord is my helper, and I will not be afraid; what shall man do to me?”b
20 Now may the God of peace, having brought out from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep, our Lord Jesus, by the blood of the eternal covenant,

BOOK OF James
Chapter 1 Greetings from James
1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes in the Dispersion: Greetings. Rejoicing in Trials
7 For let that man not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord.
Chapter 2 A Warning against Favoritism
1 My brothers, do not with partiality hold the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ of glory.
Chapter 3 Taming the Tongue
1 Not many of you should be teachers my brothers, knowing that we will receive greater judgment.
9 With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, those being made according to the likeness of God.
Chapter 4 Warning against Pride
10 Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you.
15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord should will, both we will live and we will do this or that.”
Chapter 5 Warning to the Rich
4 Behold, the wage of the workmen having harvested your fields, having been kept back by you, cries out, and the cries of those having harvested have entered into the ears of the Lord of Hosts.
7 Therefore be patient, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the farmer awaits the precious fruit of the earth, being patient for it until it receives the early and latter rains.
8 You also be patient; strengthen your hearts, because the coming of the Lord has drawn near.
10 Brothers as an example of suffering evils and of patience, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord.
11 Behold, we count blessed those having persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the outcome from the Lord, that the Lord is full of compassion and is merciful.
14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call near the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, having anointed him with oil in the name of the Lord.
15 And the prayer of faith will save the one ailing, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he might be one having committed sins, it will be forgiven him.

BOOK OF 1 Peter
Chapter 1 Greetings from Peter
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the One according to His great mercy having begotten us again to a living hope, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ out from the dead,
21 who by Him believe in God, the one having raised Him up out from the dead and having given Him glory, so as for your faith and hope to be in God. The Word of the Lord Stands
25 but the word of the Lord abides to the age.”c And this is the word having been proclaimed to you.
Chapter 2 The Lord is Good
3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good. The Living Stone
13 Be in subjection to every human institution for the sake of the Lord, whether to the king as being supreme,
16 as free, and not having the freedom as a cover-up for evil, but as servants of God.
17 Honor everyone: love the brotherhood, fear God, Honor the king.
18 Servants, be subject to masters with all fear, not only to the good and gentle, but also to the unreasonable.
Chapter 3 Wives and Husbands
6 as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, of whom you have become children, doing good and not fearing any consternation.
12 Because the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears toward their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those doing evil.”a
Chapter 4 Living for God's Glory
Chapter 5 Instructions to Elders
3 not as exercising lordship over those in your charge, but being examples to the flock.

BOOK OF 2 Peter
Chapter 1 Greetings from Peter
1 Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those having obtained a faith equally precious with ours, through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:
2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. Partakers of the Divine Nature
8 For these things being in you and abounding, make you neither idle nor unfruitful as to the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
14 knowing that the putting off of my tabernacle is impending, as also our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me.
16 For we have not made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ having followed out cleverly devised fables, but having been eyewitnesses of His majesty.
Chapter 2 Deliverance from False Prophets
1 But there were also false prophets among the people, as there will be false teachers among you also, who will stealthily introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master having bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.
9 then the Lord knows to deliver the devout out of temptation and to keep the unrighteous being punished unto the day of judgment,
11 whereas angels, being greater in strength and power, do not bring against them a reviling judgment before the Lord.
19 promising them freedom, themselves being slaves of corruption. For by what anyone has been subdued, by that also he is enslaved.
20 For if, having escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,d now again having been entangled in these they are subdued, the last state has become worse to them than the first.
Chapter 3 The Coming Judgment
2 to be mindful of the words having been spoken beforehand by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of the Lord and Savior through your apostles,
7 But by the same word now the heavens and the earth exist, having been stored up for fire, being kept unto the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. The Day of the Lord
8 But beloved, do not let this one thing be hidden from you, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day.
9 The Lord does not delay the promise, as some esteem slowness, but is patient toward you, not willing for any to perish, but all to come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar, and elements will be dissolved, burning with heat, and the earth and the works in it will not be found.b
15 And esteem the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom having been given to him,
18 But grow in grace and in knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.e

BOOK OF 1 John
Chapter 1 The Word of Life
Chapter 2 Jesus Our Advocate
Chapter 3 Children of God
Chapter 4 Testing the Spirits
Chapter 5 Overcoming the World

BOOK OF 2 John
Chapter 1 Greeting from the Elder

BOOK OF 3 John
Chapter 1 Greeting to Gaius from the Elder

BOOK OF Jude
Chapter 1 Greetings from Jude
1 Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, To those called, having been loved in God the Father and having been kept in Jesus Christ.
4 For certain men came in stealthily, those having been designated long ago unto this condemnation, ungodly ones changing the grace of our God into sensuality and denying our only master and Lord, Jesus Christ.
9 But Michael the archangel, when he was reasoning with the devil, disputing about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring against him a blasphemous judgment, but he said “The Lord rebuke you.”b
14 And Enoch, the seventh from Adam, also prophesied as to these, saying: “Behold, the Lord has come amidst myriads of His holy ones,
17 But you, beloved, remember the words having been spoken beforehand by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ,
21 keep yourselves in the love of God, awaiting the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
25 to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and to all the ages. Amen.

BOOK OF Revelation
Chapter 1 Prologue
1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants what things it behooves to take place in quickness. And He signified it through having sent His angel to His servant, John,
5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To the One loving us and releasing us from our sins through His blood,
8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,”b says Lord God, the One being, and who was, and who is coming, the Almighty. John's Vision on Patmos
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, like that of a trumpet,
Chapter 2 To the Church in Ephesus
20 But I have against you that you tolerate the woman Jezebel, the one calling herself a prophetess and teaching and misleading My servants to commit sexual immorality and to eat things sacrificed to idols.
Chapter 3 To the Church in Sardis
Chapter 4 The Throne in Heaven
8 And the four living creatures, each of them had six wings respectively, full of eyes all around and within; and they did not have rest day and night, saying: “Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, the One having been, and the One being, and the One coming.”
11 “Worthy are You, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and because of Your will, they existed and were created.”
Chapter 5 The Scroll with Seven Seals
Chapter 6 The First Seal: The White Horse
10 And they were crying in a loud voice, saying, “Until when, O Lord, holy and true, do You not judge and avenge our blood from those dwelling upon the earth?”
11 And to each of them were given white robes, and it was said to them that they shall rest yet a little time, until their fellow servants would also be complete, and their brothers, those being about to be killed as they also had been. The Sixth Seal: Terror
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great ones, and the commanders, and the rich, and the powerful, and every slave and free, hid themselves in the caves, and among the rocks of the mountains.
Chapter 7
3 saying, “Do not harm the earth, nor the sea, nor the trees, until we shall have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads.”
14 And I said to him, “My lord, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Chapter 8 The Seventh Seal
Chapter 9 The Fifth Trumpet
11 They have a king over them, the angel of the abyss. His name in Hebrew is Abaddon,a and in the Greek, he has the name Apollyon.b
Chapter 10 The Angel and the Small Scroll
7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound the trumpet, then the mystery of God would be completed, as proclaimed to His servants, the prophets.”
11 And they say to me, “It is necessary for you to prophesy again concerning many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.”
Chapter 11 The Two Witnesses
4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the Lord of the earth.a
8 And their body will be upon the street of the great city, which is called spiritually Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.
17 saying: “We give thanks to You, Lord God Almighty, the One being and who was,b that You have taken Your great power and have begun to reign.
18 And the nations were enraged, and Your wrath came, and the time for the dead to be judged, and to give the reward to Your servants, the prophets, and to the saints, and to those fearing Your name, the small and the great, and to destroy those who are destroying the earth.”
Chapter 12 The Woman and the Dragon
Chapter 13 The Beast from the Sea
16 And it causes all the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free and the servants, that it should give them a mark on their right hand or on their forehead,
Chapter 14 The Lamb and the 144,000
13 And I heard a voice out of heaven, saying “Write, ‘Blessed are the dead dying in the Lord from now on.’” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “so that they will rest from their labors; for their works follow with them.” The Harvest of the Earth
Chapter 15 The Song of Moses and the Lamb
3 And they are singing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, “Great and wonderful are Your works, Lord God the Almighty! Righteous and true are Your ways, O King of the nations!a
4 Who should not fear You, O Lord, and will glorify Your name? For You alone are holy. For all the nations will come and will worship before You, because Your righteous acts have been revealed.” Preparation for Judgment
Chapter 16 The First Six Bowls of Wrath
7 And I heard the altar saying: “Yes, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are Your judgments.”
12 And the sixth poured out his bowl upon the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up, so that the way might be prepared of the kings of the rising of the sun.
14 for they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go forth to the kings of the whole inhabited world, to gather them together unto the battle of the great day of God the Almighty.
Chapter 17 The Woman on the Beast
2 with whom the kings of the earth have committed sexual immorality, and those dwelling on the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her sexual immorality.”
10 and there are seven kings. The five are fallen, the one is, the other has not yet come; and when he shall have come, it behooves him to remain a little while.
14 These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those with Him are called and chosen and faithful.”
18 And the woman whom you saw is the great city, having kingship over the kings of the earth.”
Chapter 18 Babylon is Fallen
3 For all the nations have drunk ofc the wine of the wrath of her sexual immorality; and the kings of the earth have committed sexual immorality with her; and the merchants of the earth have been enriched through the power of her luxury.”
8 Because of this, her plagues will come in one day, death and misery and famine, and she will be burned up with fire, because mighty is the Lord God, the One having judged her.” Lament over Babylon
9 And the kings of the earth, the ones having committed sexual immorality and having lived luxuriously with her, will weep and will wail for her when they see the smoke of her burning,
13 and cinnamon, and spice, and incense, and myrrh, and frankincense; and wine, and oil, and finest flour, and wheat; and cattle, and sheep, and of horses, and of chariots; and of slaves and souls of men.
17 For in one hour such great wealth has been brought to desolation.” And every shipmaster, and all those sailing to a place, and sailors, and as many as trade by the sea, stood at a distance,
Chapter 19 Rejoicing in Heaven
2 For His judgments are true and righteous, because He has judged the great prostitute, who had corrupted the earth with her sexual immorality, and He has avenged the blood of His servants, out of her hand.”
5 And a voice came forth from the throne, saying: “Praise our God, all you His servants, and those fearing Him, the small and the great!” The Marriage of the Lamb
6 And I heard something like the voice of a great multitude, and like the sound of many waters, and like a sound of mighty thunders, saying: “Hallelujah! For the Lord God our Almighty has reigned.
10 And I fell before his feet to worship to him. And he says to me, “See that you not do this. I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers, holding the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” The Rider on the White Horse
16 And He has a name having been written upon the robe and upon His thigh: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. Defeat of the Beast and False Prophet
18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of commanders, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of horses and of those sitting on them, and the flesh of all, both free and slaves, and small and great.”
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, having been gathered together to make war with the One sitting on the horse and with His army.
Chapter 20 Satan Bound
Chapter 21 A New Heaven and a New Earth
22 And I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty is its temple, and the Lamb.
24 And the nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth bring their gloryf into it.
Chapter 22 The River of Life
3 And there will not be any curse any longer. And the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His servants will serve Him.
5 And there will be no night there, and they have no need of the light of a lamp and of the light of the sun, because the Lord God will enlighten upon them, and they will reign to the ages of the ages. Jesus is Coming
6 And he said to me, “These words are faithful and true. And the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show His servants the things that must come to pass in quickness.”
9 And he says to me, “See that you not do this. I am your fellow servant, and with your brothers the prophets, and with those keeping the words of this book. Worship God!”
20 The One testifying these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!
21 The grace of the Lord Jesusb be with all the saints.c Amen.d

Done!
mlinssen

Re: Lord / master / king / servant / slave / Rabbi / teacher in all of the NT - Matthew through Luke

Post by mlinssen »

Given a main theme of Thomas, slave versus slaveowner (Self vs Ego, so to say), I have always been interested to see how the meaning of slave became to be bent towards servant. Naturally, the need to apply Isaiah' suffering servant played a role there in the canonicals

Again, "Paul" plays a significant role and dedicates entire chapters to 'slave' whereas it is virtually absent in the Synoptics

I'll do a check on the masters of the Synoptics, it seems that those derive from 1 or 2 parables and are consistently applied to the general sense of "master of the house", but it is clear that Romans ff. only uses them in conjunction with 'slave'

The very scarce use of Rabbi is also interesting, and it is applied to Judas kissing Jesus (which Luke and John naturally don't have) among others

Teacher is also a very interesting word, most interesting of all being the fact that Luke 8:40 has Simon use that very word while addressing Jesus, whereas in Thomas it is Thomas (sic) who does so
lsayre

Re: Lord / master / king / servant / slave / Rabbi / teacher in all of the NT - Matthew through Luke

Post by lsayre »

Very impressive. Might I ask what software you are using whereby to collate such valuable information?
mlinssen

Post by mlinssen »

lsayre wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:52 am Very impressive. Might I ask what software you are using whereby to collate such valuable information?
Hi lsayre, apologies for having missed this. I have Berean Literal with a line feed after every verse, which I run through a simple search.
I then Find and Replace to add the colour coding

If you want I can send both to you or just attach them to this - not at my laptop at the moment, as usual, but just Reply and I'll get to it

I have all texts prepped like this, it makes for terrific analysis; I can check a few dozen texts at the same time and the only trick there is to get the right English word, but for the NT Berean is a fairly consistent source - yet I'm working on searching the Greek which is cumbersome given all the declensions and conjugations, and diacritics: to a computer those all are different words.
I'm also working on the Bezae transcriptions, those are perfect and pure. So many ideas so little time!
lsayre

Post by lsayre »

I probably would not be capable of utilizing it, as I do not understand any language beyond English.
mlinssen

Post by mlinssen »

lsayre wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:15 pm I probably would not be capable of utilizing it, as I do not understand any language beyond English.
The tool naturally is in English. Everything in my life is in English, been like that for 25 years now. Even my laptop and phone are set to English - Dutch started to seem so odd at some point. I work entirely for global multinationals, even most meetings are in English
lsayre

Post by lsayre »

mlinssen wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:57 pm
lsayre wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:15 pm I probably would not be capable of utilizing it, as I do not understand any language beyond English.
The tool naturally is in English. Everything in my life is in English, been like that for 25 years now. Even my laptop and phone are set to English - Dutch started to seem so odd at some point. I work entirely for global multinationals, even most meetings are in English
How do I receive the tool? Will it operate under Linux?
mlinssen

Bible texts for search / analysis

Post by mlinssen »

lsayre wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:52 pm
mlinssen wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:57 pm
How do I receive the tool? Will it operate under Linux?
If you have Linux, you don't need it - all it does is use a simple grep LOL.
I've attached a few Bible texts - if you include BOOK and Chapter as search items, you'll get a neat result

Let me know how that works for you alright?
Attachments
ESV Bible.zip
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 53 times
WEB Bible.zip
(1.42 MiB) Downloaded 50 times
BereanLiteral.zip
(325.07 KiB) Downloaded 52 times