Were the Gospels Established by 'Other-Worldly' Means? Do Scholars Need to Defend Their Belief in 'Other-Worldliness'?

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Secret Alias

Re: Were the Gospels Established by 'Other-Worldly' Means? Do Scholars Need to Defend Their Belief in 'Other-Worldlines

Post by Secret Alias »

The point again is that the antitheses were not original to Matthew or the so-called Gospel of the Hebrews. The antitheses originated within what might be loosely called an antinomian gospel associated with Paul.
Secret Alias

Re: Were the Gospels Established by 'Other-Worldly' Means? Do Scholars Need to Defend Their Belief in 'Other-Worldlines

Post by Secret Alias »

Jax,

Ben and Ken have authority and expertise with respect to four gospel canon. But that's like using an car mechanic to help you make horseshoes. They're smart people but what they study only pertains to a later period- a specifically late second century period. The gospels previous to that period are like horse drawn buggies to automobiles. Ben and Ken prefer working on cars than horses.

More importantly. Anyone have any ideas what to get my wife forMother's Day? Already upgraded her to a IPhone 12, a new iPad, new bras, perfumes, too late for ordering flowers, we just walk around in sweats with the pandemic, can't do a day at the spa either. Really out of ideas ...
perseusomega9

Post by perseusomega9 »

Going with the theme of the OP you could get her a strippergram.
Jax

Post by Jax »

Secret Alias wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:14 am Jax,

Ben and Ken have authority and expertise with respect to four gospel canon. But that's like using an car mechanic to help you make horseshoes. They're smart people but what they study only pertains to a later period- a specifically late second century period. The gospels previous to that period are like horse drawn buggies to automobiles. Ben and Ken prefer working on cars than horses.

More importantly. Anyone have any ideas what to get my wife forMother's Day? Already upgraded her to a IPhone 12, a new iPad, new bras, perfumes, too late for ordering flowers, we just walk around in sweats with the pandemic, can't do a day at the spa either. Really out of ideas ...
Give her a spa day at home and do it up right where she is your only focus that day. Just don't bug the shit out of her tho.

I understand your point above and that is why I am studding the earliest material that I can find to reach my own conclusions. Not having an upbringing in the subject also makes it easier as I have less to unlearn and can approach the material with less bias (I hope).
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

I can't. She won't go anywhere near 6 feet of people until her second shot.
Jax

Post by Jax »

Secret Alias wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:31 am I can't. She won't go anywhere near 6 feet of people until her second shot.
Even you?

What I meant was that you cater to your wife all day as if you were still dating. Lavish her with your undivided attention and be the best waiter that she could ever imagine. Peel her grapes, rub her feet, kiss her forehead and just let her know that she is special to you.

You used to post with a picture of you and your child. Remember how you felt when it was taken and translate that to your wife.

Some flowers couldn't hurt either.