Heaven(s) in all of the NT - Mark through Revelation

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
mlinssen

Heaven(s) in all of the NT - Mark through Revelation

Post by mlinssen »

This is part of the series "all of the NT": search.php?keywords=All+of+the+nt&terms ... mit=Search

heaven, heavens and heavenly in all of the NT.
One way to look for progression in development of ideas (in order to establishment priority / order) is to follow the evolution of certain concepts

Here is a complete list from Berean Literal (with footnote references left intact), of every verse with the word: heaven, heavens and heavenly

BOOK OF Matthew
Chapter 1 The Genealogy of Jesus
Chapter 2 The Pilgrimage of the Magi
Chapter 3 The Mission of John the Baptist
2 and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.”
16 And immediately, having been baptized, Jesus went up from the water; and behold, the heavens were openedc and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and alighting upon Him.
17 And behold, a voice out of the heavens, saying, “This is my Son, the beloved, in whom I was well pleased.” a 3 Isaiah 40:3 b 11 Or in water ... in the Holy Spirit c 16 NA, BYZ, and TR include to Him
Chapter 4 The Temptation of Jesus
17 From that time Jesus began to proclaim and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of the heavens has drawn near!” The First Disciples
Chapter 5 The Sermon on the Mount
3 “Blessed are the poor in the spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of the heavens.
10 Blessed are those having been persecuted on account of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of the heavens.
12 Rejoice and exult, because great is your reward in the heavens; for thus they persecuted the prophets before you. Salt and Light
16 Thus let your light shine before men, so that they may see your good works and they should glorify your Father in the heavens. The Fulfillment of the Law
18 For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth shall pass away, not even one iota, nor one stroke of a letter, shall pass away from the law, until everything should happen.
19 Whoever then shall break one of the least of these commandments and shall teach others the same, he will be called least in the kingdom of the heavens; but whoever shall keep and shall teach them, he will be called great in the kingdom of the heavens.
20 For I say to you that unless your righteousness shall abound above that of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall never enter into the kingdom of the heavens. Anger and Reconciliation
34 But I say to you not to swear at all: neither by heaven, because it is the throne of God;
45 so that you may be sons of your Father in the heavens. For He makes His sun rise on evil and good, and He sends rain on righteous and unrighteous.
48 You shall be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Chapter 6 Giving to the Needy
1 And beware not to do your righteousness before men in order to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward in the presence of your Father in the heavens.
9 Therefore pray you like this: ‘Our Father in the heavens, hallowed be Your name!
10 Your kingdom come. Your will be done as in heaven, so also upon earth.
14 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
18 so that you might not appear to men as fasting, but to your Father, the One in secret. And your Father, the One seeing in secret, will reward you. Treasures in Heaven
20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroy, and where thieves do not break in nor steal.
26 Look at the birds of the air. They do not sow nor do they reap, nor do they gather into barns, and your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things. For your heavenly Father knows that you have need of them all.
Chapter 7 Do Not Judge
11 Therefore, if you, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in the heavens give good things to those asking Him!
21 Not everyone saying to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of My Father in the heavens.
Chapter 8 The Leper's Prayer
11 And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and will recline with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of the heavens.
Chapter 9 Jesus Heals a Paralytic
Chapter 10 The Twelve Apostles
7 And going on, proclaim, saying, ‘The kingdom of the heavens has drawn near!’
32 Therefore everyone who will confess in Me before men, I also will confess in him before My Father in the heavens.
33 And whoever shall deny Me before men, I also will deny him before My Father in the heavens. The Sword of the Gospel
Chapter 11 John's Inquiry
11 Truly I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist. Yet the least in the kingdom of the heavens is greater than he!
12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of the heavens is taken by violencec and the violent seize it.
23 And you, Capernaum, will not be exalted to heaven, but will be brought down to Hades! For if the miracles having taken place in you had taken place in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.
25 At that time, Jesus answering said, “I fully consent to You, Father, Lord of the heaven and the earth, that You did hide these things from the wise and learned, and did reveal them to little children.
Chapter 12 The Lord of the Sabbath
50 For whoever shall do the will of My Father who is in the heavens, he is My brother and sister and mother.” a 7 Hosea 6:6 b 18-21 Isaiah 42:1-4 c 46 WH and some manuscripts do not include verse 47
Chapter 13 The Parable of the Sower
11 And answering He said to them, “Because it has been granted to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of the heavens, but to them it has not been granted.
24 He put before them another parable, saying, “The kingdom of the heavens has become like a man having sown good seed in his field.
31 He put before them another parable, saying: “The kingdom of the heavens is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man having taken, sowed in his field,
33 He spoke to them another parable: “The kingdom of the heavens is like leaven, which a woman having taken, hid in three measures of flour until all of it was leavened.” I will Open My Mouth in Parables
44 The kingdom of the heavens is like treasure having been hidden in the field, which a man having found, hid. And for joy over it, he goes and he sells all that he has, and buys that field.
45 Again, the kingdom of the heavens is like a merchant seeking fine pearls.
47 Again, the kingdom of the heavens is like a dragnet having been cast into the sea, and having gathered together of every kind,
52 And He said to them, “Because of this, every scribe having been discipled into the kingdom of the heavens is like a man, a master of a house, who puts forth out of his treasure new and old.” The Rejection at Nazareth
Chapter 14 The Beheading of John
19 And having commanded the crowds to sit down on the grass, having taken the five loaves and the two fish, having looked up to heaven, He spoke a blessing. And having broken, He gave the loaves to the disciples, and the disciples to the crowds.
Chapter 15 Tradition and Worship
13 And answering He said, “Every plant that My heavenly Father has not planted will be rooted up.
Chapter 16 The Demand for a Sign
1 And the Pharisees and Sadducees having approached testing Him, asked Him to show them a sign out of heaven.
17 And Jesus answering, said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Barjona! For flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but My Father in the heavens.
19 I will give to you the keys of the kingdom of the heavens, and whatever you might bind on the earth shall have been bound in the heavens, and whatever you might loose on the earth shall have been loosed in the heavens.”
Chapter 17 The Transfiguration
Chapter 18 The Greatest in the Kingdom
1 In that hour the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is the greatest in the kingdom of the heavens?”
3 and said, “Truly I say to you, if you are not converted and become as the little children, you shall never enter into the kingdom of the heavens.
4 Therefore whoever will humble himself as this little child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of the heavens.
10 See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I say to you that their angels in the heavens continually behold the face of my Father, who is in the heavens.a
14 Thus it is not the will of your Father who is in the heavens that one of these little ones should perish. A Brother who Sins
18 Truly I say to you, whatever you shall bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you shall loose on the earth shall have been loosed in heaven.
19 Again truly I say to you that if two of you on the earth might agree concerning any matter that they shall ask, it will be done for them by My Father who is in the heavens.
23 Because of this, the kingdom of the heavens has become like to a man, a king, who desired to settle accounts with his servants.
35 Thus also My heavenly Father will do to you, unless each of you forgives his brother from your heart.” a 10 See Luke 19:10. BYZ and TR include11 For the Son of Man came to save the lost.
Chapter 19 Teachings about Divorce
12 For there are eunuchs who were born thus from their mother’s womb, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of the heavens. The one being able to receive it, let him receive it.” Jesus Blesses the Children
14 But Jesus said, “Permit the little children, and do not forbid them to come to Me, for of such is the kingdom of the heavens.”
21 Jesus was saying to him, “If you desire to be perfect, go, sell what you are possessing, and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in the heavens; and come, follow Me.”
23 And Jesus said His to disciples, “Truly I say to you that with difficulty a rich man will enter into the kingdom of the heavens.
Chapter 20 The Parable of the Workers
1 For the kingdom of the heavens is like to a man, a master of a house, who went out in the morning to hire workmen for his vineyard.
Chapter 21 The Triumphal Entry
25 From where was the baptism of John? From heaven, or from men?” And they were reasoning with themselves, saying, “If we should say, ‘from heaven,’ He will say to us, ‘Why then did you not believe him?’
Chapter 22 The Parable of the Banquet
2 “The kingdom of the heavens has become like a man, a king, who made a wedding feast for his son.
30 For in the resurrection, neither do they marry, nor are given in marriage, but they are like angelsb in heaven.
Chapter 23 Woes to Scribes and Pharisees
9 And call no one your father on the earth; for One is your Father, who is in heaven.
13 But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men. For you neither enter, nor even do you allow those who are entering to go in.b
22 And the one having sworn by heaven swears by the throne of God and by the One sitting upon it.
Chapter 24 Temple Destruction Foretold
29 And immediately after the tribulation of those days: ‘The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.’b
30 And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn. And they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.c
31 And He will send His angels with a great trumpet call, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the ends of the heavens to the ends thereof. The Lesson of the Fig Tree
35 The heaven and the earth will pass away, but My words shall not pass away. Readiness at Any Hour
36 But concerning that day and hour, no one knows, not even the angels of the heavens, nor the Son,e except the Father only.
Chapter 25 The Parable of the Ten Virgins
1 Then the kingdom of the heavens will be likened to ten virgins, who, having taken their lamps, went forth to meet the bridegroom.
Chapter 26 The Plot to Kill Jesus
64 Jesus says to him, “You have said. But I say to you, from now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power and coming upon the clouds of heaven.”g
Chapter 27 Jesus Delivered to Pilate
Chapter 28 The Resurrection
2 And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord, having descended out of heaven and having come, rolled away the stone and was sitting upon it.
18 And having come to them, Jesus spoke to them, saying, “All authority in heaven and on the earth has been given to Me.

BOOK OF Mark
Chapter 1 The Mission of John the Baptist
10 And immediately going up from the water, he saw the heavens tearing open and the Spirit descending as a dove upon Him.
11 And a voice came out of the heavens: “You are My Son, the beloved; in You I am well pleased.” The Temptation of Jesus
Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic
Chapter 3 Jesus Heals on the Sabbath
Chapter 4 The Parable of the Sower
Chapter 5 The Demons and the Pigs
Chapter 6 The Rejection at Nazareth
41 And having taken the five loaves and the two fish, having looked up to the heaven, He blessed and broke the loaves, and He kept giving them to His disciples, that they might set before them. And He divided the two fish among all.
Chapter 7 Tradition and Worship
34 and having looked up to heaven He sighed deeply, and He says to him, “Ephphatha!” (that is, “Be opened!”).
Chapter 8 The Feeding of the Four Thousand
11 And the Pharisees went out and began to dispute with Him, seeking from Him a sign from heaven, testing Him.
Chapter 9 The Transfiguration
Chapter 10 Teachings about Divorce
21 And Jesus, having looked upon him, loved him and said to him, “One thing to you is lacking: Go, sell as much as you have, and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”
Chapter 11 The Triumphal Entry
25 And when you may stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive it, so that your Father in the heavens also might forgive you your trespasses.”f Jesus' Authority Challenged
30 The baptism of John, was it from heaven, or from men? Answer Me.”
31 And they began reasoning with themselves, saying, “What should we say? If we should say, ‘From heaven,’ He will say, ‘Why then did you not believe him?’
33 And answering to Jesus, they say, “We do not know.” And Jesus says to them, “Neither do I tell you by what authority I do these things.” a 9 Psalm 118:25 b 9 Psalm 118:26 c 10 Psalm 148:1 d 17 Isaiah 56:7 e 17 Jeremiah 7:11 f 25 See Matthew 6:15. BYZ and TR 26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.
Chapter 12 The Parable of the Wicked Tenants
25 For when they rise out from the dead, neither do they marry, nor are given in marriage; but they are like angels in the heavens.
Chapter 13 Temple Destruction Foretold
25 and the stars will be falling out of the heaven, and the powers that are in the heavens will be shaken.’c
27 And then He will send the angels and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the end of earth to the end of heaven. The Lesson of the Fig Tree
31 The heaven and the earth will pass away, but My words will certainly not pass away. Readiness at Any Hour
32 And concerning that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
Chapter 14 The Plot to Kill Jesus
62 And Jesus said, “I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power and coming with the clouds of heaven.”
Chapter 15 Jesus Delivered to Pilate
Chapter 16 The Resurrection
19 Therefore indeed the Lord Jesus, after speaking to them, was taken up into the heaven and sat at the right hand of God.

BOOK OF Luke
Chapter 1 Dedication to Theophilus
Chapter 2 The Birth of Jesus
13 And suddenly there came with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God and saying:
15 And it came to pass, as the angels were departing from them into the heaven, the shepherds were saying to one another, “Let us go through indeed as far as Bethlehem, and let us see this word that has come to pass, which the Lord has made known to us.”
Chapter 3 The Mission of John the Baptist
21 Now it came to pass, in all the people having been baptized, Jesus also having been baptized and having prayed, the heaven was opened,
22 and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in a bodily form as a dove, and a voice came out of heaven: “You are My Son, the beloved; in You I am well pleased.” The Genealogy of Jesus
Chapter 4 The Temptation of Jesus
25 And in truth I say to you, there were many widows in Israel in the days of Elijah, when the heaven was shut up for three years and six months, when there was a great famine upon all the land;
Chapter 5 The First Disciples
Chapter 6 The Lord of the Sabbath
23 Rejoice in that day, and leap for joy; for behold, your reward is great in heaven. For their fathers according to these things used to treat the prophets likewise. Woes
Chapter 7 The Faith of the Centurion
Chapter 8 Women Minister to Jesus
Chapter 9 The Ministry of the Twelve
16 And having taken the five loaves and the two fish, having looked up to the heaven, He blessed and broke them, and He kept giving them to the disciples to set before the crowd.
54 And the disciples James and John having seen it, said, “Lord, will You that we should call fire to come down from heaven and to consume them?”b
Chapter 10 Jesus Sends Out the Disciples
15 And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted up to heaven? No, you will be brought down to Hades.
18 And He said to them, “I beheld Satan having fallen as lightning out of heaven.
20 Yet do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subjected to you; but rejoice that your names are written in the heavens.” Jesus' Prayer of Thanksgiving
21 In the same hour, He rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, “I fully consent to You, Father, Lord of the heaven and of the earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent, and have revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for thus was it well-pleasing before You.
Chapter 11 The Lord's Prayer
13 Therefore if you, being evil, know to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the Father who is in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those asking Him!” A House Divided
16 And others, testing, were seeking from Him a sign from heaven.
54 watching to catch Him in something out of his mouth.
Chapter 12 The Leaven of the Pharisees
33 Sell your possessions and give alms; make to yourselves purses not growing old, an unfailing treasure in the heavens, where thief does not draw near, nor does moth destroy.
Chapter 13 A Call to Repentance
Chapter 14 Jesus Heals a Man with Dropsy
Chapter 15 The Parable of the Lost Sheep
7 I say to you that in the same way there will be joy in heaven over one sinner repenting, rather than over ninety nine righteous ones who have no need of repentance. The Parable of the Lost Coin
18 Having risen up, I will go to my father, and I will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you;
21 And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you; no longer am I worthy to be called your son.’
Chapter 16 The Parable of the Shrewd Manager
17 But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than one stroke of a letter of the Law to fail.
Chapter 17 Temptations and Trespasses
29 and in that day Lot went out from Sodom, it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed all.
Chapter 18 The Persistent Widow
13 But the tax collector, standing afar off, was not even willing to lift up the eyes to heaven, but was striking his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, the sinner!’
22 And having heard, Jesus said to him, “To you, yet one thing is lacking: Sell all, as much as you have, and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in the heavens; and come, follow Me.”
Chapter 19 Jesus and Zacchaeus
38 saying: “Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord!”b “Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”
Chapter 20 Jesus' Authority Challenged
4 The baptism of John, was it from heaven, or from men?”
5 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, “If we should say ‘From heaven,’ He will say, ‘Why did you not believe him?’
Chapter 21 The Poor Widow's Offering
11 There will be both great earthquakes, and famines and pestilences in different places. There will also be fearful sights and great signs from heaven.
26 men fainting from fear and expectation of that which is coming on the earth. For the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
33 The heaven and the earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away. Be Watchful for the Day
Chapter 22 The Plot to Kill Jesus
43 And an angel from heaven appeared to Him, strengthening Him.
Chapter 23 Jesus Before Pilate
Chapter 24 The Resurrection
51 And it came to pass in His blessing them, He was separated from them and was carried up into heaven.

BOOK OF John
Chapter 1 The Beginning
32 And John bore witness saying, “I have beheld the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and it remained upon Him.
51 And He says to him, “Truly, truly, I say to all of you, you will see the heaven opened, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man.”f a 5 Or comprehended b 18 BYZ and TR the only-begotten Son c 23 Isaiah 40:3 d 26 Or in; also in verses 31 and 33 e 34 SBL the Chosen One f 51 See Genesis 28:12
Chapter 2 The Wedding at Cana
Chapter 3 Jesus and Nicodemus
12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
13 And no one has gone up into heaven except the One having come down out of heaven, the Son of Man.b
27 John answered and said, “A man is able to receive not one thing if it is not given to him from heaven.
31 The One coming from above is above all. The one being from the earth is from the earth, and speaks from the earth. The One coming from heaven is above all.
36 The one believing in the Son has eternal life, but the one not obeying the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”d a 3 Or born again; also in verse 7.
Chapter 4 Jesus and the Samaritan Woman
Chapter 5 The Pool of Bethesda
Chapter 6 The Feeding of the Five Thousand
31 Our fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, as it is written: ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’c”
32 Therefore Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, Moses has not given you the bread from heaven, but My Father gives you the true bread from heaven.
33 For the bread of God is the One coming out of heaven and giving life to the world.”
38 For I have come down from heaven, not that I should do My will, but the will of the One having sent Me.
41 Therefore the Jews were grumbling about Him because He said, “I am the bread having come down from heaven.”
42 And they were saying, “Is this not Jesus the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How then does He say, ‘I have come down from heaven?’”
50 This is the bread coming down from heaven, that anyone may eat of it and not die.
51 I am the living bread, having come down from heaven. If anyone shall have eaten of this bread, he will live to the age. And also, the bread that I will give for the life of the world is My flesh.”
58 This is the bread having come down from heaven, not as the fathers ate and died. The one eating this bread will live to the age.” Many Disciples Turn Back
Chapter 7 Jesus Teaches at the Feast
Chapter 8 The Woman Caught in Adultery
Chapter 9 Jesus Heals the Man Born Blind
Chapter 10 Jesus the Good Shepherd
Chapter 11 The Death of Lazarus
Chapter 12 Mary Anoints Jesus
28 Father, glorify Your name.” Therefore a voice came from heaven: “I have both glorified it, and I will glorify it again.”
Chapter 13 Jesus Washes His Disciples' Feet
Chapter 14 Jesus Comforts the Disciples
Chapter 15 Jesus the True Vine
Chapter 16 Persecution Foretold
Chapter 17 Prayer for the Son
1 Jesus spoke these things, and having lifted up His eyes to heaven, He said, “Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You.
Chapter 18 The Betrayal of Jesus
Chapter 19 The Soldiers Mock Jesus
Chapter 20 The Resurrection
Chapter 21 Jesus Appears at the Sea of Galilee

BOOK OF Acts
Chapter 1 Prologue
10 And as they were looking intently into heaven as He was going, then behold, two men in white apparel stood by them,
11 who also said, “Men, Galileans, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, having been taken up from you into heaven, will thus come in that manner you beheld Him going into heaven.” Matthias Replaces Judas
Chapter 2 The Holy Spirit at Pentecost
2 And suddenly a sound like a violent rushing wind came out of heaven, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.
5 Now there were Jews dwelling in Jerusalem, devout men from every nation under heaven.
19 And I will show wonders in the heaven above, and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and vapor of smoke.
34 For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he himself says: ‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand,
Chapter 3 A Lame Man Walks
21 whom indeed it behooves heaven to receive until the times of restoration of all things, of which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from the age.
Chapter 4 Peter and John Before the Council
12 And there is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved.” The Name Forbidden
24 And having heard, they lifted up their voice with one accord to God and said, “Sovereign Lord, You made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all that is in them,
Chapter 5 Ananias and Sapphira
Chapter 6 The Choosing of the Seven
Chapter 7 Stephen's Address to the Sanhedrin
42 But God turned away and delivered them to worship the host of heaven, as it has been written in the book of the prophets: ‘Did you offer slain beasts and sacrifices to Me forty years in the wilderness, O house of Israel?
49 ‘Heaven is My throne, and the earth a footstool of My feet. What kind of house will you build Me, says the Lord, or what is the place of My rest?
55 But he being full of the Holy Spirit, having looked intently into heaven, saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God,
56 and he said, “Behold, I see the heavens having been opened, and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”
Chapter 8 Saul Persecutes the Church
Chapter 9 The Road to Damascus
3 Now in proceeding, it came to pass as he draws near to Damascus, suddenly also a light from heaven flashed around him.
Chapter 10 Cornelius Sends for Peter
11 and he beholds heaven opening, and a certain vessel as a great sheet descending, being let down upon the earth by four corners,
12 in which were all the quadrupeds and creeping things of the earth, and birds of heaven.
16 Now this took place for three times, and immediately the vessel was taken up into heaven. Peter Called to Caesarea
Chapter 11 Peter's Report at Jerusalem
5 “I was in the city of Joppa praying, and in a trance I saw a vision, a certain vessel like a great sheet descending, being let down out of heaven by four corners, and it came down as far as me.
9 But for a second time the voice answered out of heaven, ‘What God has cleansed, you do not call unholy.’
10 Now this happened on three times, and all was drawn up into heaven again.
Chapter 12 James Killed, Peter Imprisoned
Chapter 13 Paul's First Missionary Journey
Chapter 14 Paul and Barnabas at Iconium
15 and saying, “Men, why do you do these things? We also are men of like nature with you, proclaiming the gospel to you, to turn from these vanities to the living God, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all the things in them,
17 And yet He has not left Himself without witness, doing good, giving to you rains from heaven and fruitful seasons, filling your hearts with food and gladness.”
Chapter 15 The Dispute over Circumcision
Chapter 16 Timothy Joins Paul and Silas
Chapter 17 Paul Preaches at Thessalonica
24 The God having made the world and all things that are in it, He being Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in hand-made temples,
Chapter 18 Paul's Ministry in Corinth
Chapter 19 The Holy Spirit Received at Ephesus
Chapter 20 Paul in Macedonia and Greece
Chapter 21 Paul's Journey to Jerusalem
Chapter 22 Paul's Defense to the Crowd
6 But it happened to me, journeying and drawing near to Damascus about noon, that suddenly a great light out of heaven shone around me,
Chapter 23 Paul Before the Sanhedrin
Chapter 24 Tertullus Prosecutes Paul
Chapter 25 Paul's Trial Before Festus
Chapter 26 Paul's Testimony to Agrippa
13 at midday on the road, O king, I saw, a light from heaven above, the brightness of the sun, having shone around me and those journeying with me.
19 So then, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision,
Chapter 27 Paul Sails for Rome
Chapter 28 Ashore on Malta

BOOK OF Romans
Chapter 1 Greeting the Saints in Rome
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven upon all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, suppressing the truth by unrighteousness,
Chapter 2 God's Righteous Judgment
Chapter 3 God Remains Faithful
Chapter 4 Abraham Justified by Faith
Chapter 5 The Triumph of Faith
Chapter 6 Dead to Sin, Alive to God
Chapter 7 Release from the Law
Chapter 8 Living in the Spirit
Chapter 9 Paul's Concern for the Jews
Chapter 10 The Word Brings Salvation
6 But the righteousness of faith speaks thus: “You should not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’b (that is, to bring down Christ)
Chapter 11 The Remnant of Israel
Chapter 12 Living Sacrifices
Chapter 13 Submission to Authorities
Chapter 14 The Law of Liberty
Chapter 15 Accept One Another
Chapter 16 Personal Greetings and Love

BOOK OF 1 Corinthians
Chapter 1 Greetings from Paul
Chapter 2 Paul's Message by the Spirit's Power
Chapter 3 God's Fellow Workers
Chapter 4 Servants of Christ
Chapter 5 Immorality Rebuked
Chapter 6 Lawsuits among Believers
Chapter 7 Principles of Marriage
Chapter 8 Food Sacrificed to Idols
5 Truly even if indeed there are those called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, as there are many gods and many lords,
Chapter 9 The Rights of an Apostle
Chapter 10 Warnings from Israel's Past
Chapter 11 Roles in Worship
Chapter 12 Spiritual Gifts
Chapter 13 Love
Chapter 14 Prophecy and Tongues
Chapter 15 The Resurrection of Christ
40 And there are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies. But truly the glory of the heavenly is one kind, and that of the earthly is another.
47 The first man was made of dust from the earth; the second man from heaven.
48 As the one was made of dust, so also are those of the earth; and as is the heavenly one, so also are those of heaven.
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthly, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Where O Death is Your Victory?
Chapter 16 The Collection for the Saints

BOOK OF 2 Corinthians
Chapter 1 Paul Greets the Corinthians
Chapter 2 Reaffirm Your Love
Chapter 3 Ministers of a New Covenant
Chapter 4 The Light of the Gospel
Chapter 5 Our Eternal Dwelling
1 For we know that if the tent of our earthly house should be destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2 And indeed, in this we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling which is from heaven,
Chapter 6 Paul's Hardships and God's Grace
Chapter 7 Paul's Joy in the Corinthians
Chapter 8 Generosity Commended
Chapter 9 God Loves a Cheerful Giver
Chapter 10 Paul's Apostolic Authority
Chapter 11 Paul and the False Apostles
Chapter 12 Paul's Revelation
2 I know a man in Christ, fourteen years ago—whether in the body, I do not know, or out of the body, I do not know; God knows—such a man, having been caught up to the third heaven.
Chapter 13 Examine Yourselves

BOOK OF Galatians
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to the Galatians
8 But even if we or an angel out of heaven should preach a gospel to you contrary to what we proclaimed to you, let him be accursed!
Chapter 2 The Council at Jerusalem
Chapter 3 Faith and Belief
Chapter 4 Sons and Heirs
Chapter 5 Freedom in Christ
Chapter 6 Carry One Another's Burdens

BOOK OF Ephesians
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to the Ephesians
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the One having blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms,
10 for the administration of the fullness of the times, to bring together all things in Christ—the things in the heavens and the things upon the earth—
20 which He worked in Christ, having raised Him out from the dead, and having set Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms,
Chapter 2 Alive with Christ
6 and He raised us up together and seated us together in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,
Chapter 3 The Mystery of the Gospel
10 so that now through the church the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms,
15 from whom every family in the heavens and on earth is named,
Chapter 4 Unity in the Body
10 The One having descended is also the same one having ascended above all the heavens, so that He might fill all things.
Chapter 5 Imitators of God
Chapter 6 Children and Parents
9 And masters do the same things toward them, giving up threatening, knowing that also their master and yours is in the heavens, and there is no partiality with Him. The Armor of God
12 because to us the wrestling is not against blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

BOOK OF Philippians
Chapter 1 Greetings from Paul and Timothy
Chapter 2 One in Christ
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in the heavens and on earth and under the earth,
Chapter 3 Righteousness through Faith
16 Nevertheless, to that which we have attained, we are to walk by the same. Citizenship in Heaven
20 For our citizenship exists in the heavens, from whence also we are awaiting a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
Chapter 4 Stand Firm in the Lord

BOOK OF Colossians
5 because of the hope being laid up for you in the heavens, which you heard of before in the word of truth, the gospel,
16 because in Him were created all things in the heavens and upon the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or lordships or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through Him and unto Him.
20 and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace by the blood of His cross through Him, whether the things on the earth or the things in the heavens.
23 if indeed you continue in the faith, established and firm, and not being moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, having been proclaimed in all creationd under heaven, of which I Paul have become a minister. Paul's Suffering for the Church
Chapter 2 Absent in Body, Present in Spirit
Chapter 3 Putting on the New Self
Chapter 4 Fellow Workers
1 Masters, give to the slaves that which is righteous and that which is equal, knowing that you also have a Master in heaven.

BOOK OF 1 Thessalonians
Chapter 1 Greetings to the Thessalonians
10 and to await His Son from the heavens, whom He raised out from the dead—Jesus, the one delivering us from the coming wrath.
Chapter 2 Paul's Ministry
Chapter 3 Timothy's Visit
Chapter 4 Living to Please God
16 because the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
Chapter 5 The Day of the Lord

BOOK OF 2 Thessalonians
Chapter 1 Greetings to the Thessalonians
7 and to you being oppressed, repose with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven, with His mighty angels,
Chapter 2 The Man of Lawlessness
Chapter 3 Request for Prayer

BOOK OF 1 Timothy
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to Timothy
Chapter 2 A Call to Prayer
Chapter 3 Qualifications for Overseers
Chapter 4 Warnings against False Teachers
Chapter 5 Guidelines for Reproof
Chapter 6 Instructions to Servants

BOOK OF 2 Timothy
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to Timothy
Chapter 2 Grace and Perseverance
Chapter 3 Evil in the Last Days
Chapter 4 Preach the Word
18 The Lord will deliver me from every evil deed and will bring me safely into His heavenly kingdom, to whom is the glory unto the ages of the ages. Amen. Final Greetings

BOOK OF Titus
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to Titus
Chapter 2 Teaching Sound Doctrine
Chapter 3 Obedience to Authorities

BOOK OF Philemon

BOOK OF Hebrews
Chapter 1 The Supremacy of the Son
10 And: “You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are works of Your hands.
Chapter 2 Salvation Confirmed
Chapter 3 Jesus Our Apostle and High Priest
1 Therefore, holy brothers, partakers of the heavenly calling, carefully consider Jesus, the apostle and high priest of our confession,
Chapter 4 The Sabbath Rest
14 Therefore having a great high priest having passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, we should hold firmly to our confession.
Chapter 5 The Perfect High Priest
Chapter 6 A Call to Maturity
4 For it is impossible for those once having been enlightened, and having tasted of the heavenly gift, and having become partakers of the Holy Spirit,
Chapter 7 Melchizedek and Abraham
26 For such a high priest indeed was fitting for us, holy, innocent, undefiled, having been separated from sinners, and having become higher than the heavens,
Chapter 8 Christ's Eternal Priesthood
1 Now the point of the things being spoken of is that we have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens,
5 who serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly, as Moses was divinely instructed, being about to complete the tabernacle. For He says, “See that you shall make all things according to the pattern having been shown you in the mountain.”a The New Covenant
Chapter 9 The Earthly Tabernacle
23 Therefore it was necessary indeed for the representations of the things in the heavens to be purified with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
24 For Christ has entered not into holy places made by hands, copies of the true ones, but into heaven itself, now to appear for us in the presence of God,
Chapter 10 Christ's Perfect Sacrifice
Chapter 11 Faith and Assurance
12 Therefore also were born from one man, and he having been as good as dead, as the stars of heaven in multitude, and countless as the sand by the shore of the sea.
16 But now they stretch forward to a better one, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed of them, to be called their God; for He has prepared a city for them.
Chapter 12 The Call to Endurance
22 But you have come to Mount Zion, and the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels,
23 and to the assembly, to the church of the firstborn having been enrolled in the heavens, and to God the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous having been perfected,
25 Take heed lest you refuse the One speaking. For if they did not escape, having refused the One divinely instructing them on earth, much less we, turning away from the One from the heavens,
26 whose voice shook the earth at that time; but now He has promised, saying, “Yet once more I will shake not only the earth, but also heaven.”d
Chapter 13 Love for Brothers

BOOK OF James
Chapter 1 Greetings from James
Chapter 2 A Warning against Favoritism
Chapter 3 Taming the Tongue
Chapter 4 Warning against Pride
Chapter 5 Warning to the Rich
12 But before all things, my brothers, do not swear, neither by heaven, nor the earth, nor any other oath. But let your “Yes” be yes, and the “No,” no, so that you might not fall under judgment. The Prayer of Faith
18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit. Restoring a Sinner

BOOK OF 1 Peter
Chapter 1 Greetings from Peter
4 to an inheritance imperishable and undefiled and unfading, being reserved in the heavens for you,
12 to whom it was revealed that they were serving not themselves, but you, in those things which now have been proclaimed to you by those having proclaimed the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit having been sent from heaven, into which angels desire to look. A Call to Holiness
Chapter 2 The Lord is Good
Chapter 3 Wives and Husbands
22 who is at the right hand of God, having gone into heaven, angels and authorities and powers having been subjected to Him.
Chapter 4 Living for God's Glory
Chapter 5 Instructions to Elders

BOOK OF 2 Peter
Chapter 1 Greetings from Peter
18 And we heard this voice having been brought from heaven, being with Him in the holy mountain.
Chapter 2 Deliverance from False Prophets
Chapter 3 The Coming Judgment
5 For this is concealed from them willingly, that heavens existed long ago and the earth, having been composed out of water and through water, by the word of God,
7 But by the same word now the heavens and the earth exist, having been stored up for fire, being kept unto the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. The Day of the Lord
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar, and elements will be dissolved, burning with heat, and the earth and the works in it will not be found.b
12 expecting and hastening the coming of the day of God, by reason of which the heavens will be dissolved, being set on fire, and the elements are melting, burning with heat.
13 But according to His promise, we are awaiting new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells. Final Exhortations

BOOK OF 1 John
Chapter 1 The Word of Life
Chapter 2 Jesus Our Advocate
Chapter 3 Children of God
Chapter 4 Testing the Spirits
Chapter 5 Overcoming the World
21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols.d a 7 TR and GOC include testify in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one.

BOOK OF 2 John
Chapter 1 Greeting from the Elder

BOOK OF 3 John
Chapter 1 Greeting to Gaius from the Elder

BOOK OF Jude
Chapter 1 Greetings from Jude

60,000 character limit, continued in next Reply
Last edited by mlinssen on Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
mlinssen

Re: Heaven(s) in all of the NT - Revelation

Post by mlinssen »

heaven, heavens and heavenly in all of the NT.
One way to look for progression in development of ideas (in order to establishment priority / order) is to follow the evolution of certain concepts

Here is a complete list from Berean Literal (with footnote references left intact), of every verse with the word: heaven, heavens and heavenly

BOOK OF Revelation
Chapter 1 Prologue
Chapter 2 To the Church in Ephesus
Chapter 3 To the Church in Sardis
12 The one overcoming, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall not go out anymore. And I will write upon him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.
Chapter 4 The Throne in Heaven
1 After these things I looked, and behold, a door was standing open in heaven, and the first voice that I heard like a trumpet was speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show to you what it behooves to take place after these things.”
2 Immediately I was in the Spirit, and behold, a throne was set in heaven, and One sitting upon the throne,
Chapter 5 The Scroll with Seven Seals
3 And no one in heaven, nor upon the earth, nor under the earth, was able to open the scroll, nor to see it.
13 And I heard every creature which is in heaven, and upon the earth, and under the earth, and on the sea, and everything in them, saying: “To the One sitting on the throne, and to the Lamb, blessing and honor and glory and might to the ages of the ages.”
Chapter 6 The First Seal: The White Horse
13 and the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree casts its unripe figs, being shaken by a great wind.
14 And heaven departed like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 The Seventh Seal
1 And when He opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.
10 And the third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star fell out of heaven, burning like a torch. And it fell upon a third of the rivers, and upon the springs of waters.
13 And I looked, and I heard one eagle flying in mid-heaven, saying in a loud voice, “Woe! Woe! Woe to those dwelling on the earth, because of the remaining voices of the trumpet of the three angels being about to sound their trumpets!”
Chapter 9 The Fifth Trumpet
1 And the fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star having fallen out of heaven to the earth, and the key of the pit of the abyss was given to it.
Chapter 10 The Angel and the Small Scroll
1 And I saw another mighty angel coming down out of heaven, clothed with a cloud, and a rainbow upon his head, and his face was like the sun, and his feet like pillars of fire,
4 And when the seven thunders had spoken, I was about to write. But I heard a voice out of heaven, saying, “Seal what the seven thunders have spoken, and do not write them.”
5 And the angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land lifted up his right hand to heaven,
6 and he swore by the One living to the ages of the ages, who created heaven and the things in it, and the earth and the things in it, and the sea and the things in it, “There will be no more delay!
8 And the voice that I heard out of heaven was speaking with me again and saying, “Go, take the little scroll having been opened in the hand of the angel standing upon the sea and upon the land.”
Chapter 11 The Two Witnesses
12 And they heard a great voice out of heaven, saying to them, “Come up here.” And they went up to heaven in the cloud, and their enemies beheld them.
13 And in that hour there was a great earthquake, and a tenth of the city fell, and seven thousand names of men were killed in the earthquake. And the rest became terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.
15 And the seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were great voices in heaven, saying: “The kingdom of the world has become that of our Lord and of His Christ, and He will reign to the ages of the ages.”
19 And the temple of God in heaven was opened, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were flashes of lightning, and voices, and thunders, and an earthquake, and great hail.
Chapter 12 The Woman and the Dragon
1 And a great sign was seen in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars,
3 And another sign was seen in heaven, and behold, a great red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his heads, seven diadems.
4 And his tail drags a third of the stars of heaven, and he cast them to the earth. And the dragon stands before the woman being about to bring forth, so that when she should bring forth, he might devour her child.
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place having been prepared there by God, so that they should nourish her there one thousand two hundred sixty days. The War in Heaven
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels warred against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels warred back.
8 And he did not have strength, nor was found a place for them any longer in heaven.
10 And I heard a great voice in heaven, saying: “Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of His Christ have come, because the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, the one accusing them before our God day and night.
12 Because of this, rejoice O heavens, and those dwelling in them! Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great fury, knowing that he has a short time.” The Woman Persecuted
Chapter 13 The Beast from the Sea
6 And it opened its mouth unto blasphemies against God, to blaspheme His name and His tabernacle, those dwelling in heaven.
13 And it works great signs, so that it should even cause fire out of heaven to come down to the earth in the presence of men.
Chapter 14 The Lamb and the 144,000
2 And I heard a voice out of heaven like the sound of many waters, and like the sound of loud thunder. And the voice that I heard was like that of harpists harping with their harps.
6 And I saw another angel flying in mid-heaven, having the everlasting glad tidings to preach upon those dwelling on the earth, and upon every nation and tribe and tongue and people,
7 saying in a loud voice, “Fear God and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come. And worship the One having made heaven, and the earth, and sea, and springs of waters.”
13 And I heard a voice out of heaven, saying “Write, ‘Blessed are the dead dying in the Lord from now on.’” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “so that they will rest from their labors; for their works follow with them.” The Harvest of the Earth
17 And another angel came out of the temple in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.
Chapter 15 The Song of Moses and the Lamb
1 And I saw another great and wonderful sign in heaven: seven angels, having seven plagues—the last, because in them the wrath of God was completed.
5 And after these things I looked, and the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened.
Chapter 16 The First Six Bowls of Wrath
11 and they blasphemed the God of heaven on account of their distresses, and on account of their sores; and they did not repent of their deeds.
21 And a great hail, about a talent weight,a comes down out of heaven upon the men. And the men blasphemed God on account of the plague of the hail, for the plague of it is exceedingly severe.
Chapter 17 The Woman on the Beast
Chapter 18 Babylon is Fallen
1 After these things I saw another angel descending out of heaven, having great authority; and the earth was illuminated from his glory.
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying: “Come out of her, my people,d so that you may not have fellowship in her sins, and so that you may not receive of her plagues.
5 For her sins have been heaped as high as heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.
20 “Rejoice over her, O heaven, and you saints and apostles and prophets, because God has judged for you the judgment against her.” The Doom of Babylon
Chapter 19 Rejoicing in Heaven
1 After these things I heard something like a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, crying out: “Hallelujah! The salvation and the glory and the power to our God!
11 And I saw heaven having been opened, and behold, a white horse, and the One sitting upon it called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.
14 And the armies who were in heaven, having been clothed in pure, white, fine linen were following Him upon white horses.
17 And I saw one angel standing in the sun, and he cried out in loud a voice, saying to all the birds flying in mid-heaven, “Come, gather yourselves unto the great supper of God,
Chapter 20 Satan Bound
1 And I saw an angel descending out of heaven, holding in his hand the key of the Abyss, and a great chain.
9 And they marched up over the breadth of the earth and encircled the camp of the saints and the city having been beloved. But fire came down out of heavena and devoured them.
11 And I saw a great white throne and the One sitting on it, from whose face the earth and heaven fled, and no place was found for them.
Chapter 21 A New Heaven and a New Earth
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth,a for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea is no more.
2 And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, having been prepared as a bride having been adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven, saying: “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will tabernacle with them, and they will be His peoples, and God Himself will be with them as their God.b
10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and he showed me the holy city Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
Chapter 22 The River of Life

Done!