Dating Paul's letters

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
schillingklaus

Re: Dating Paul's letters

Post by schillingklaus »

Giuseppe wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:34 am
The problem is that for me
  • the essentia of Gnosticism is anti-demiurgism,
  • but the anti-demiurgism can't be a Jewish thing,
  • therefore the gnosticism can't be found in the Christian Origins.
Therefore Paul existed.
This is thoroughly wrong as the Christian origins can be anti-demiurgist with ease; for the eucharist, around which Christianity was built, is anti-demiurgist, as a very celebration of the tree-of-gnosis of Genesis 3. The involvement of a Christ legend was a decoy to trick Jews into accepting the eucharist as a fulfilment of the Law and the Prophets, and thus magically freeing the Jews against their consent from the bondage of the Law.
mlinssen

Post by mlinssen »

schillingklaus wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:24 am
mlinssen wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:46 am I see no reason why any of the NT writings should predate Bar Kokhba. It is evident that they have been predated, but which major religious landslide would cause the creation of / demands for such a highly peculiar anti-Judean Judeo-Christian movement?
The wars of late Trajan are enough to cause a major landslide; but even then, it took a generation to go to anything canonical, so late Hadrian is OK for the beginnings of anywhere close to canonical NT stuff.
That's not much of an answer, or is it?
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

schillingklaus wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:39 am
Giuseppe wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:34 am
The problem is that for me
  • the essentia of Gnosticism is anti-demiurgism,
  • but the anti-demiurgism can't be a Jewish thing,
  • therefore the gnosticism can't be found in the Christian Origins.
Therefore Paul existed.
This is thoroughly wrong as the Christian origins can be anti-demiurgist with ease; for the eucharist, around which Christianity was built, is anti-demiurgist, as a very celebration of the tree-of-gnosis of Genesis 3. The involvement of a Christ legend was a decoy to trick Jews into accepting the eucharist as a fulfilment of the Law and the Prophets, and thus magically freeing the Jews against their consent from the bondage of the Law.
I had never thought before about that, thanks. So, if the Jews had been converted entirely to catholicism, then the our anti-demiurgist would have said: mission fulfilled!

Marcion would have betrayed the original intention of the anti-demiurgist author of the Earliest Gospel, since Marcion wanted that the Jews were converted in full awareness of what they were going to abandon (the cult of YHWH as supreme god) with the conversion to Christ.