Anti-Marcionite Hannah the Prophetess

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Charles Wilson

Anti-Marcionite Hannah the Prophetess

Post by Charles Wilson »

rgprice wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:17 amThere are very clear indications that Luke 1, 2 and the end of 24 were written by a different person than Luke 3-23. It's a very strong position. It is so obvious because of the significant inconsistencies between Luke 1, 2 and 24. And when we recognize that Luke 3-23.5 is essentially Marcion's Gospel, some very obvious realizations arise.
Our Honored Poster R. G. Price has stated something very important and I wish to explore it a bit. It could be quite long so I might shorten it some. I can always add more later.

Luke 2: 36 - 38 (RSV):

[36] And there was a prophetess, Anna, the daughter of Phan'u-el, of the tribe of Asher; she was of a great age, having lived with her husband seven years from her virginity,
[37] and as a widow till she was eighty-four. She did not depart from the temple, worshiping with fasting and prayer night and day.
[38] And coming up at that very hour she gave thanks to God, and spoke of him to all who were looking for the redemption of Jerusalem.

According the RGP, this short Section is contained in the Anti-Marcionite Wrapper.

Since my Focus is usually on Logic within the various Stories, this Fragment gives a Time Marker that I find extremely important. I have pieced together a Story from what appears to be a Priestly Story of the Mishmarot Priesthood, the Hasmoneans and what might be called the Jannaeus Line. I've listed the details over and over so I won't bore you again with it all except to point out that this Posited Story was written some significant time after 9 CE by Priestly Acolytes, unless a Nicholas of Damascus laid down the Outline and sometime after, his History was commandeered by Josephus.

The Time Marker is the Passover of 9 CE, 12 years after the Temple Slaughter of 4 BCE, after the death of Herod and the supposed ascension of Archelaus. The Original is written around the March to Jerusalem (See: Luke 9) of the Priest who was saved by Peter in 4 BCE. The Stories "Time-Out" to 8 or 9 CE since Passover is 2 weeks after the start of the New Year.

If, in the Story, Hannah was a widow until she was 84, (84) + (- 8) = (-76). That is, 76 BCE.
What happened in 76 BCE?
Queen Salome, widow of Alexander Jannaeus Ascended to the Throne.

It gets very interesting here since Josephus lists her as "Salome Alexandra" even though Josephus never states that Jannaeus and Salome participated in the Levirite Marriage Ceremony after his brother died. Salome was Virginal in Luke, which would be quite a stretch from being married to the brother of Jannaeus first.

Further, I have identified Salome with the "Half Hour of Silence in Heaven" in Revelation and from there it is possible to Cross-Reference, for example, the Citadels given by Salome to the Survivors of the Great Tribulation in Revelation, which line-up in Sequence and Time. YMMV.

This blows up Josephus in part at a very important moment in his History. He writes Historical Sequence but changes key moments to hide meaning.

This might all imply that at least parts of Revelation might be Anti-Marcionite as well but it might take a mightier skoller than I to wrap up the Proof.

Someone knew something and they were leaving Clues in the material they had. Perhaps the Feud against the Marcionites allowed others to place their Objections to the entire Operation in the Data.

CW
Charles Wilson

Re: Anti-Marcionite Hannah the Prophetess

Post by Charles Wilson »

Luke 13: 10- 17 (RSV):

[10] Now he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath.
[11] And there was a woman who had had a spirit of infirmity for eighteen years; she was bent over and could not fully straighten herself.
[12] And when Jesus saw her, he called her and said to her, "Woman, you are freed from your infirmity."
[13] And he laid his hands upon her, and immediately she was made straight, and she praised God.
[14] But the ruler of the synagogue, indignant because Jesus had healed on the sabbath, said to the people, "There are six days on which work ought to be done; come on those days and be healed, and not on the sabbath day."
[15] Then the Lord answered him, "You hypocrites! Does not each of you on the sabbath untie his ox or his ass from the manger, and lead it away to water it?
[16] And ought not this woman, a daughter of Abraham whom Satan bound for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?"
[17] As he said this, all his adversaries were put to shame; and all the people rejoiced at all the glorious things that were done by him.

This Passage is in the middle of the Marcion gospel, according to R. G. Price - and I in no way wish to get into an argument with RGP here. I am not disputing his Work. I read Luke 2 and Hannah the Prophetess and I read this and I see a similar Style. There are Clues left in the Data here and they read in a similar manner to Luke 2. If anyone can explain this Entry here compared to Luke 2 - agreements and differences - by all means, write on.

The Woman has a spirit of infirmity and has had one for 18 years. Using the 8/9 Jewish New Year as the Basis for looking back in the Gospels, we count back 18 years and get to 10 BCE. At first, there doesn't appear to be anything that happened that would have triggered such a Passage in the NT but appearances may be deceiving.

I have traced the Construction of the Temple and there certainly was something that happened in 10 BCE:

Josephus, Antiquities..., 15, 11, 6:

"...for at the same time with this celebration for the work about the temple fell also the day of the king's inauguration, which he kept of an old custom as a festival, and it now coincided with the other, which coincidence of them both made the festival most illustrious..."

It can be shown that this is 10 BCE and the significance here is that you celebrate the Temple of God on the same day as the anniversary of the ascension of Herod. This gives more import to the Fight against Herod and the Temple he built. The Woman is freed from worshiping Herod. In three days, a New Temple will be Consecrated, from Passover to the High Sabbath of the Feast to the Weekly Sabbath, from Bilgah to Immer.

Was this in Marcion's gospel?

This leads to the Time Markers in John, then Mark and then to considerations in Revelation. Again, Josephus is the Double Agent. Do we have the Knowledge of Marcion and the ability to figure this out?

Thank you all,

CW