In the 15° year of Tiberius the word of God came to John... NOT on Jesus

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
schillingklaus

Re: In the 15° year of Tiberius the word of God came to John... NOT on Jesus

Post by schillingklaus »

Giuseppe wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:00 am Assuming John as a mythic figure, the reasons to think that he was probably an anti-YHWH are:
  • the Mandeans hate YHWH
  • the meaning of 'John', 'YHWH gives grace', appears to be a judaizing ethymology to eclipse the original nature of giver of gnosis, the original "grace", given by John to his followers to return to pleroma. In this sense, the feeding of the multitudes had originally John as giver of loaves and fishes, and the multiplied food served to make the people return to their true original home (the heavenly pleroma). The story has been judaized in our Mark as Jesus (and not more John) multiplying food to allow people to return to their earthly home.
The fish are a Judaizing interpolation. The Book of Numbers has the Jews in the desert complain about having only manna but no little fish to eat, and they are given quails instead. This makes Jesus a prophet like Moses, predicted in Deuteronomy 18:18.

• Mark 8:2:
    I have compassion for these people; they have already been with me three days and have nothing to eat.

This is yet a later interpolation. In the Book of Joshuah, the tribe of the Gibionites fool the Jews into believing that they were strangers to the land rather than Canaanites, using rotten bread to show that they come from afar. Their cheat is revealed after three days. Likewise, the Canaanite woman a few lines later tricks Jesus into healing a sick heathen child, comparing it to a dog to be fed with remains of bread.

The creator of the loop of 4000 , unknown to Luke, invented it in order to talk about the relative values of Jews, gentiles, and outcasts in the church.
Since I know that the idea of anti-YHWH origins of Christianity (via John) scandalizes a lot of people
It only scandalizes apologists and naive scholars, never critical ones.