'Father / son / child' in all of the NT: Matthew and Mark

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
mlinssen

'Father / son / child' in all of the NT: Matthew and Mark

Post by mlinssen »

This is part of the series "all of the NT": search.php?keywords=All+of+the+nt&terms ... mit=Search

One way to look for progression in development of ideas (in order to establishment priority / order) is to follow the evolution of a concept.
Here is a complete list from Berean Literal (with footnote references left intact) of every verse with the words father / son / child in it:

BOOK OF Matthew
Chapter 1 The Genealogy of Jesus
1 The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, son of David, son of Abraham:
20 But on his having pondered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, you should not be afraid to receive Mary as your wife, for that having been conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.
21 And she will bring forth a son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”
23 “Behold, the virgin will hold in womb, and will bring forth a son, and they will call His name Immanuel”a which is, being translated, “God with us.”
25 But he did not know her until she had brought forth a son, and he called His name Jesus.
Chapter 2 The Pilgrimage of the Magi
8 And having sent them to Bethlehem, he said, “Having gone, search carefully for the child; and when You shall have found Him, bring word back to me, so that I also having come, may worship Him.”
9 And having heard the king, they departed. And behold, the star they had seen in the east went before them until, having arrived, it stood over the place where the child was.
11 And having come into the house, they found the child with His mother Mary, and having fallen down, they worshiped Him. And having opened their treasures, they offered to Him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh.
13 And of them having withdrawn, behold, an angel of the Lord appears to Joseph in a dream saying, “Having arisen, take the child and His mother, and flee into Egypt, and remain there until I should tell you, for Herod is about to seek the child to destroy Him.”
14 And having arisen, he took the child and His mother by night and withdrew into Egypt,
15 and there he remained until the death of Herod, so that it might be fulfilled what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying, “Out of Egypt I have called my son.”b The Slaughter of Infants
18 “A voice was heard in Ramah, weeping and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children; and she would not be comforted, because they are not.”c The Return to Nazareth
20 saying, “Having arisen, take the child and His mother and go into the land of Israel; for those seeking the life of the child have died.”
21 And having arisen, he took the child and His mother and came into the land of Israel.
22 And having heard that Archelaus reigns over Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. And having been divinely warned in a dream, he withdrew into the district of Galilee.
Chapter 3 The Mission of John the Baptist
9 And do not presume to say within yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as father.’ For I say to you that out of these stones God is able to raise up children unto Abraham.
17 And behold, a voice out of the heavens, saying, “This is my son, the beloved, in whom I was well pleased.”
Chapter 4 The Temptation of Jesus
3 And the one tempting, having come to Him, said “If You are son of God, speak, that these stones may become loaves of bread.”
6 and says to him, “If You are son of God, throw Yourself down. For it has been written: ‘He will give orders to His angels concerning You, and will they bear You up in their hands, lest ever You strike Your foot against a stone.’b”
21 And having gone on from there, He saw two other brothers, James the son of Zebedee and his brother John, in the boat with their father Zebedee, mending their nets. And He called them,
22 and immediately having left the boat and their father they followed Him. Jesus Heals the Multitudes
Chapter 5 The Sermon on the Mount
9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.
16 Thus let your light shine before men, so that they may see your good works and they should glorify your father in the heavens. The Fulfillment of the Law
45 so that you may be sons of your father in the heavens. For He makes His sun rise on evil and good, and He sends rain on righteous and unrighteous.
48 You shall be perfect, therefore, as your Heavenly father is perfect.
Chapter 6 Giving to the Needy
1 And beware not to do your righteousness before men in order to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward in the presence of your father in the heavens.
4 so that your giving may be in secret. And your father, the One seeing in secret, will reward you. The Lord's Prayer
6 But you when you pray, enter into your inner room, and having shut your door, pray to your father, the One in secret. And your father, the One seeing in secret, will reward you.
8 Therefore do not be like to them, for your father knows of what things you have need before your asking Him.
9 Therefore pray you like this: ‘Our father in the heavens, hallowed be Your name!
14 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your Heavenly father will also forgive you.
15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your father forgive your trespasses. Proper Fasting
18 so that you might not appear to men as fasting, but to your father, the One in secret. And your father, the One seeing in secret, will reward you. Treasures in Heaven
26 Look at the birds of the air. They do not sow nor do they reap, nor do they gather into barns, and your Heavenly father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things. For your Heavenly father knows that you have need of them all.
Chapter 7 Do Not Judge
9 Or which man is among you who, if his son will ask for bread, will give him a stone?
11 Therefore, if you, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your father in the heavens give good things to those asking Him!
21 Not everyone saying to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of My father in the heavens.
Chapter 8 The Leper's Prayer
12 But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into the outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of the teeth.”
20 And Jesus says to him, “Foxes have holes, and the birds of the air nests, but the son of Man has nowhere He might lay the head.”
21 And another of His disciples said to Him, “Lord, allow me first to go and to bury my father.”
29 And behold, they cried out saying, “What to us and to you son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?”
Chapter 9 Jesus Heals a Paralytic
2 And behold, they were bringing to Him a paralytic lying on a bed. And Jesus, having seen their faith, said to the paralytic, “Take courage, son; your sins have been forgiven.”
6 But so that you may know that the son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins...” Then He says to the paralytic, “Having arisen, take up your mat and go to your house.”
15 And Jesus said to them, “Can the sons of the bridechamber mourn as long as the bridegroom is with them? But days will come when the bridegroom shall have been taken away from them, and then they will fast. The Patches and the Wineskins
27 And Jesus passing on from there, two blind men followed Him, crying out and saying, “Have mercy on us, son of David.”
Chapter 10 The Twelve Apostles
2 And these are the names of the twelve apostles: first Simon called Peter, and his brother Andrew; and James the son of Zebedee, and his brother John;
3 Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus;
20 for you are not those speaking, but the Spirit of your father speaking through you.
21 And brother will deliver up brother to death, and father, child; and children will rise up against parents and will put them to death.
23 And whenever they persecute you in one city, flee to the next. For truly I say to you, you shall not have completed the cities of Israel until the son of Man comes.
29 Are not two sparrows sold for an assarion?b And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your father.
32 Therefore everyone who will confess in Me before men, I also will confess in him before My father in the heavens.
33 And whoever shall deny Me before men, I also will deny him before My father in the heavens. The Sword of the Gospel
35 For I came to set at variance ‘A man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law,
37 The one loving father or mother above Me is not worthy of Me, and the one loving son or daughter above Me is not worthy of Me.
Chapter 11 John's Inquiry
16 But to what will I compare this generation? It is like little children sitting in the markets and calling out to others,
19 The son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Behold a man, a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and of sinners!’ But wisdom is justified by her deeds.” Woe to the Unrepentant
25 At that time, Jesus answering said, “I fully consent to You, father, Lord of the heaven and the earth, that You did hide these things from the wise and learned, and did reveal them to little children.
26 Yes, father, for this was well-pleasing before You.
27 All things have been delivered to Me by My father. And no one knows the son, except the father; nor does anyone know the father, except the son, and to whom the son might choose to reveal Him.
Chapter 12 The Lord of the Sabbath
8 For the son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.” Jesus Heals on the Sabbath
23 And all the crowds were amazed, and were saying, “Could this be the son of David?”
27 And if I cast out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your sons cast them out? On account of this, they will be your judges.
32 And if anyone speaks a word against the son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but if anyone speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, neither in this age nor in the coming one. Good and Bad Fruit
40 For just as Jonah was in the belly of the great fish three days and three nights, so the son of Man will be in the heart of the earth three days and three nights.
50 For whoever shall do the will of My father who is in the heavens, he is My brother and sister and mother.”
Chapter 13 The Parable of the Sower
37 And answering He said, “The One sowing the good seed is the son of Man;
38 and the field is the world; and the good seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; and the weeds are the sons of the evil one;
41 The son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all the stumbling blocks and those practicing lawlessness,
43 Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their father. The one having ears,d let him hear! The Parables of the Treasure and Pearl
55 Is this not the son of the carpenter? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?
Chapter 14 The Beheading of John
21 And those eating were about five thousand men, besides women and children. Jesus Walks on Water
33 And those in the boat worshiped Him, saying, “Truly You are son of God.” Jesus Heals at Gennesaret
Chapter 15 Tradition and Worship
4 For God commanded, ‘Honor the father and mother’a and, ‘The one speaking evil of father or mother, in death must end!’b
5 But you say, ‘Whoever shall say to the father or mother, “Whatever you might be profited by me is a gift,”
6 he shall not honor his father or his mother.’ And you made void the commandment of God on account of your tradition!
13 And answering He said, “Every plant that My Heavenly father has not planted will be rooted up.
22 And behold, a Canaanite woman from the same region having approached, was crying out saying, “Have mercy on me, Lord, son of David! My daughter is miserably possessed by a demon.”
26 And answering He said, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and to cast it to the dogs.”
38 And those eating were four thousand men, besides women and children.
Chapter 16 The Demand for a Sign
13 And Jesus having come into the district of Caesarea Philippi, He was questioning His disciples saying, “Whom do men pronounce the son of Man to be?”
16 And Simon Peter answering said, “You are the Christ, the son of the living God.”
17 And Jesus answering, said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Barjona! For flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but My father in the heavens.
27 For the son of Man is about to come in the glory His father, with His angels, and then He will give to each according to his deeds.
28 Truly I say to you, there are some of those standing here who shall not taste of death until they have seen the son of Man coming in His kingdom.”
Chapter 17 The Transfiguration
5 While yet he was speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and behold, a voice out of the cloud saying, “This is My son, the beloved, in whom I am well pleased. Listen to Him!”
9 And as they were descending from the mountain, Jesus instructed them, saying, “Tell to no one the vision, until the son of Man is risen out from the dead.”
12 But I say to you that Elijah already is come, and they did not know him, but did to him whatever they desired. Thus also, the son of Man is about to suffer from them.”
15 and saying, “Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is epileptic and suffers miserably; for often he falls into the fire, and often into the water.
22 And while they were abiding in Galilee, Jesus said to them, “The son of Man is about to be betrayed into the hands of men,
25 He says, “Yes.” And he having entered into the house, Jesus anticipated him, saying, “What do you think, Simon? From whom do the kings of the earth receive custom or tribute? From their sons, or from strangers?”
26 And he having said, “From the strangers,” Jesus said to him, “Then the sons are free.
Chapter 18 The Greatest in the Kingdom
2 And having summoned a child, He set it in their midst,
3 and said, “Truly I say to you, if you are not converted and become as the little children, you shall never enter into the kingdom of the heavens.
4 Therefore whoever will humble himself as this little child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of the heavens.
5 And whoever shall receive one such little child in My name, receives Me.
10 See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I say to you that their angels in the heavens continually behold the face of my father, who is in the heavens.a
14 Thus it is not the will of your father who is in the heavens that one of these little ones should perish. A Brother who Sins
19 Again truly I say to you that if two of you on the earth might agree concerning any matter that they shall ask, it will be done for them by My father who is in the heavens.
25 And of him having nothing to pay, the master commanded him to be sold, and the wife and children, and everything that he had, and payment to be made.
35 Thus also My Heavenly father will do to you, unless each of you forgives his brother from your heart.”
Chapter 19 Teachings about Divorce
5 and said, ‘On account of this a man will leave the father and mother and be joined with his wife, and the two will become into one flesh’b?-
13 Then little children were brought to Him, that He might lay the hands on them, and might pray. But the disciples rebuked them.
14 But Jesus said, “Permit the little children, and do not forbid them to come to Me, for of such is the kingdom of the heavens.”
19 you shall honor the father and mother, and you shall love your neighbor as yourself.’d”
28 And Jesus said to them, “Truly I say to you that in the regeneration, when the son of Man shall sit down upon His throne of glory, you having followed Me, you also will sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
29 And everyone who has left houses, or brothers, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife,e or children, or lands, for the sake of My name, will receive a hundredfold, and will inherit eternal life.
Chapter 20 The Parable of the Workers
18 “Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and the son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and scribes, and they will condemn Him to death.
20 Then the mother of the sons of Zebedee came to Him with her sons, kneeling down and asking something from Him.
21 And He said to her, “What do you desire?” She says to Him, “Say that these two sons of mine might sit, one on Your right hand and one on Your left hand, in Your kingdom.”
23 He says to them, “Indeed you will drink My cup,e but to sit on My right hand and on My left, this is not Mine to give, but for whom it has been prepared by My father.”
28 even as the son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.” The Blind Men by the Road
30 And behold, two blind men sitting beside the road, having heard that Jesus is passing by, cried out saying, “Lord, have mercy on us, son of David!”
31 And the crowd rebuked them that they should be silent. But they cried out all the more, saying, “Lord, have mercy on us, son of David!”
Chapter 21 The Triumphal Entry
9 And the crowds going before Him and those following were crying out, saying: “Hosanna to the son of David!”b “Blessed is the One coming in the name of the Lord!”c “Hosanna in the highest!”d
15 And the chief priests and the scribes, having seen the wonders that He did and the children crying out in the temple and saying, “Hosanna to the son of David,” were indignant
27 And answering Jesus, they said “We do not know.” And He said to them, “Neither do I tell you by what authority I do these things. The Parable of the Two sons
28 But what do you think? A man had two sons, and having come to the first he said, ‘Son, go work in the vineyard today.’
31 Which of the two did the will of the father?” They say, “The first.” Jesus says to them, “Truly I say to you that the tax collectors and the prostitutes go before you into the kingdom of God.
37 And afterward he sent his son to them, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’
38 But the farmers having seen the son, said among themselves, ‘This is the heir; come, let us kill him and gain possession of his inheritance.’
Chapter 22 The Parable of the Banquet
2 “The kingdom of the heavens has become like a man, a king, who made a wedding feast for his son.
24 saying, “Teacher, Moses said, ‘If anyone should die not having children, his brother will marry his wife and will raise up offspring for his brother.’
40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” Whose son is the Christ?
42 saying, “What do you think concerning the Christ? Of whom is He son?” They say to Him, “Of David.”
45 If therefore David calls Him Lord, how is He his son?”
Chapter 23 Woes to Scribes and Pharisees
9 And call no one your father on the earth; for One is your father, who is in heaven.
15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you traverse the sea and the dry land to make one convert, and whenever it may happen, you make him twofold more a son of Gehenna than yourselves.
30 and you say, ‘If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.’
31 Thus you bear witness to yourselves that you are sons of those having murdered the prophets.
32 You, then, fill up the measure of your fathers.
35 so that upon you shall come all the righteous blood being poured out upon the earth, from the blood of the righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.
37 Jerusalem, Jerusalem, killing the prophets and stoning those having been sent to her! How often would I have gathered together your children, the way in which a hen gathers together her chicks under the wings, and you were not willing!
Chapter 24 Temple Destruction Foretold
25 Behold, I have foretold you. The Return of the son of Man
27 For just as the lightning comes forth from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the son of Man.
30 And then the sign of the son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn. And they will see the son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.c
36 But concerning that day and hour, no one knows, not even the angels of the heavens, nor the son,e except the father only.
37 For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the son of Man.
39 and they were unaware until the flood came and took away all; so also will be the coming of the son of Man.
44 Because of this, you also be ready, for the son of Man comes in that hour you do not expect.
Chapter 25 The Parable of the Ten Virgins
31 And when the son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit upon His throne of glory.
34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, those being blessed of my father, inherit the kingdom having been prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
Chapter 26 The Plot to Kill Jesus
2 “You know that after two days the Passover takes place, and the son of Man is delivered over to be crucified.”
24 Indeed the son of Man goes as it has been written about Him; but woe to that man by whom the son of Man is betrayed. It would be better for him if that man had not been born.”
29 And I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now until that the day when I drink it anew with you in the kingdom of My father.”
37 And having taken with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, He began to be sorrowful and deeply distressed.
39 And having gone forward a little, He fell upon His face, praying, and saying, “My father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me. Nevertheless not as I will, but as You.”
42 Again for a second time having gone away, He prayed, saying, “My father, if this is not possible to pass unless I drink it, Your will be done.”
45 Then He comes to the disciples and says to them, “Sleep and take your rest later on. Behold, the hour has drawn near, and the son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
53 Or do you think that I am not able to call upon My father, and He will furnish to Me presently more than twelve legions of angels?
63 But Jesus was silent. And the high priest said to Him, “I adjure you by the living God, that You tell us if You are the Christ, the son of God.”
64 Jesus says to him, “You have said. But I say to you, from now on you will see the son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power and coming upon the clouds of heaven.”g
Chapter 27 Jesus Delivered to Pilate
9 Then was fulfilled that having been spoken by the prophet Jeremiah, saying, “And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of the One having been priced, whom they set a price on by the sons of Israel,
25 And all the people answering said, “His blood be on us, and on our children.”
40 and saying, “The One destroying the temple and building it in three days, save Yourself! If You are the son of God, also descend from the cross!”
43 He trusted on God. Let Him deliver Him now if He wants. For He said, ‘I am the son of God.’”
54 And the centurion and those with him keeping guard over Jesus, having seen the earthquake and the things taking place, feared greatly, saying, “Truly this was God’s son.”
56 among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of the sons of Zebedee. The Burial of Jesus
Chapter 28 The Resurrection
19 Therefore having gone, disciple all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the father, and of the son, and of the Holy Spirit,

BOOK OF Mark
Chapter 1 The Mission of John the Baptist
1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, son of God.a
11 And a voice came out of the heavens: “You are My son, the beloved; in You I am well pleased.” The Temptation of Jesus
19 And having gone on a little, He saw James the son of Zebedee and his brother John, and they were in the boat mending the nets.
20 And immediately He called them, and having left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired servants, they went away after Him. Jesus Expels an Unclean Spirit
Chapter 2 Jesus Heals a Paralytic
5 And Jesus, having seen their faith, says to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven.”
10 But that you might know that the son of Man has authority to forgive sins on the earth...” He says to the paralytic,
14 And passing on, He saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the tax booth, and says to him, “Follow Me.” And having arisen, he followed Him.
19 And Jesus said to them, “Are the sons of the bridechamber able to fast while the bridegroom is with them? As long a time as they have the bridegroom with them, they are not able to fast.
28 So then, the son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”
Chapter 3 Jesus Heals on the Sabbath
11 And the unclean spirits, whenever they beheld Him, were falling down before Him and crying out, saying, “You are the son of God.”
17 and James the son of Zebedee, and John the brother of James, and He added to them the name Boanerges, which is, sons of Thunder;
18 and Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Zealot,
28 Truly I say to you that all sins and blasphemies will be forgiven the sons of men, as many as they shall have blasphemed.
Chapter 4 The Parable of the Sower
20 And these are those having been sown upon the good soil, such as hear the word and receive it, and bring forth fruit: one thirtyfold, and one sixty, and one a hundred.” The Lesson of the Lamp
Chapter 5 The Demons and the Pigs
7 And having cried in a loud voice, he said, “What to me and to You, Jesus, son of the Most High God? I adjure You by God, do not torment me.”
39 And having entered, He says to them, “Why do you make a commotion and weep? The child is not dead, but sleeps.”
40 And they were laughing at Him. And He, having put all outside, takes with Him the father and the mother of the child, and those with Him, and enters in where the child was.
41 And having taken the hand of the child, He says to her, “Talitha, koum!” which is translated, “Little girl, I say to you, arise!”
Chapter 6 The Rejection at Nazareth
3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James and Joseph and Judas and Simon? And are not His sisters here with us?” And they took offense at Him.
Chapter 7 Tradition and Worship
10 For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’e and, ‘The one speaking evil of father or mother must surely die.’f
11 But you say that if a man says to the father or the mother, ‘Whatever you might be profited from me, it is Corban,’ that is, a gift,
12 no longer do you permit him to do anything for the father or the mother,
27 And He was saying to her, “Permit the children to be satisfied first; for it is not good to take the children’s bread and to cast it to the dogs.”
28 But she answered and says to Him, “Yes, Lord, even the dogs under the table eat of the children’s crumbs.”
30 And having gone away to her home, she found the child lying on the bed, and the demon having gone out. The Deaf and Mute Man
Chapter 8 The Feeding of the Four Thousand
31 And He began to teach them that it is necessary for the son of Man to suffer many things, and to be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the scribes, and to be killed, and after three days to rise again.
38 For whoever may be ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the son of Man also will be ashamed of him when He shall come in the glory of His father, with the holy angels.”
Chapter 9 The Transfiguration
7 And there came a cloud overshadowing them, and there came a voice out of the cloud: “This is My son, the beloved; listen to Him.”
9 And as they were descending from the mountain, He instructed them that they should tell to no one what they had seen, except until the son of Man had risen out from the dead.
12 And He was saying to them, “Elijah indeed, having come first, restores all things; and how has it been written of the son of Man, that He should suffer many things and be set at naught?
17 And one out of the crowd answered Him, “Teacher, I brought to You my son, having a mute spirit;
21 And He asked his father, “How long a time is it that this has been with him?” And he said, “From childhood.
24 Immediately the father of the child, having cried out,a was saying, “I believe; help my unbelief!”
31 for He was teaching His disciples. And He was saying to them, “The son of Man is delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill Him; and having been killed, on the third day He will arise.”
36 And having taken a child, He set it in the midst of them; and having taken it in His arms, He said to them,
37 “Whoever shall receive one of such little children in My name, receives Me; and whoever shall receive Me, does not receive Me, but the One having sent Me.” Miracles in Jesus' Name
Chapter 10 Teachings about Divorce
7 ‘On account of this, a man will leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife,b
12 And if a woman, having divorced her husband, should marry another, she commits adultery.” Jesus Blesses the children
13 And they were bringing little children to Him, that He might touch them. But the disciples rebuked them.
14 And having seen, Jesus was indignant and said to them, “Permit the little children to come to Me; do not hinder them! For to such belongs the kingdom of God.
15 Truly I say to you, whoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a child shall never enter into it.”
19 You know the commandments: ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not bear false witness, you shall not defraud, you shall honor your father and mother.’d”
24 And the disciples were astonished at His words. But Jesus answering says to them again, “children, how difficult it is to entere into the kingdom of God!
29 Jesus was saying, “Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house, or brothers, or sisters, or mother, or father, or children, or lands for My sake and because of the gospel,
30 who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time-houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions-and in the age which is coming, eternal life.
33 “Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and the son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and to the scribes, and they will condemn Him to death, and will betray Him to the Gentiles.
35 And James and John, the sons of Zebedee, come up to Him saying to Him, “Teacher, we desire that You would do for us whatever we might ask you.”
45 For even the son of Man came not to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.” Jesus Heals Bartimaeus
46 And they come to Jericho. And as He was going out from Jericho-and His disciples, and a large crowd-a blind beggar, Bartimaeus, son of Timaeus, was sitting beside the road.
47 And having heard that it is Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and to say, “Jesus, son of David, have mercy on me.”
48 And many were rebuking him, that he should be silent; but he kept crying out much more, “Son of David, have mercy on me.”
Chapter 11 The Triumphal Entry
10 “Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father, David!” “Hosanna in the highest!”c
25 And when you may stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive it, so that your father in the heavens also might forgive you your trespasses.”f Jesus' Authority Challenged
Chapter 12 The Parable of the Wicked Tenants
6 Yet having one beloved son, he sent him to them last, saying, ‘They will have respect for my son.’
19 “Teacher, Moses wrote for us, that if anyone’s brother should die and leave behind a wife and not leave children, that his brother should take the wife and raise up seed for his brother.
34 And Jesus, having seen him that he answered wisely, said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And no one dared to question Him any longer. Whose son is the Christ?
35 And answering, Jesus was saying, teaching in the temple, “How do the scribes say that the Christ is the son of David?
37 David himself calls Him Lord. And from where is He his son?” And the great crowd was listening to Him gladly. Warning against the Scribes
Chapter 13 Temple Destruction Foretold
12 And brother will deliver up brother to death, and father, child; and children will rise up against parents, and will put them to death.
23 But you take heed; I have foretold to you all things. The Return of the son of Man
26 And then will they see the son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
32 And concerning that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the son, but only the father.
Chapter 14 The Plot to Kill Jesus
21 For indeed the son of Man goes as it has been written concerning Him; but woe to that man by whom the son of Man is betrayed; it were better for him if that man had not been born.” The Last Supper
36 And He was saying, “Abba, father, all things are possible to You; take away this cup from Me; but not what I will, but what You will.”
41 And He comes the third time and says to them, “Are you still sleeping and taking your rest? It is enough; the hour has come. Behold, the son of Man is delivered up into the hands of the sinful.
61 But He was silent, and did not answer. Again the high priest was questioning Him, and says to Him, “Are You the Christ, the son of the Blessed One?”
62 And Jesus said, “I am. And you will see the son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power and coming with the clouds of heaven.”
Chapter 15 Jesus Delivered to Pilate
21 And they compel one passing by, Simon of Cyrene, the father of Alexander and Rufus, coming from the country, that he might carry His cross.
39 And the centurion standing opposite of Him, having seen that He breathed His last,c thus said, “Truly this man was the son of God!”
Chapter 16 The Resurrection

60,000 character limit, continued in next Reply
Last edited by mlinssen on Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
mlinssen

Re: 'Father / son / child' in all of the NT: Luke and John

Post by mlinssen »

One way to look for progression in development of ideas (in order to establishment priority / order) is to follow the evolution of a concept.
Here is a complete list from Berean Literal (with footnote references left intact), and a summary, of every verse with the words father / son / child in it:

BOOK OF Luke
Chapter 1 Dedication to Theophilus
7 And to them there was no child, inasmuch as Elizabeth was barren, and both were advanced in their years.
13 And the angel said to him, “Fear not, Zechariah, because your prayer has been heard, and Your wife Elizabeth will bear to you a son, and you shall call his name John.
16 And he will turn many of the sons of Israel to the Lord their God.
17 And he will go forth before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous-to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”
31 And behold, you will conceive in womb, and will bring forth a son, and you shall call His name Jesus.
32 He will be great, and He will be called son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David,
35 And the angel answering, said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore also the Holy One being bornb will be called the son of God.
36 And behold your relative Elizabeth, she also has conceived a son in her old age, and this is the sixth month to her who was called barren.
45 And blessed is the one having believed that there will be a fulfillment to the things spoken to her from the Lord.” Mary's song
55 as He spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and his to descendants to the age.”
57 Now the time was fulfilled to Elizabeth for her to give birth, and she bore a son.
59 And it came to pass on the eighth day, they came to circumcise the child, and were calling it after the name of his father, Zechariah.
62 And they were making signs to his father, what he might wish him to be called.
66 And all those having heard laid them up in their heart, saying, “What then will this child be?” And indeed, the hand of the Lord was with him. Zechariah's song
67 And his father Zechariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied, saying,
72 to fulfill mercy toward our fathers, and to remember His holy covenant,
73 the oath that He swore to Abraham our father, to grant us,
76 And you, child, will be called prophet of the Most High; for you will go before the Lord to prepare His ways,
80 And the child continued to grow and was strengthened in spirit;c and he was in the deserted places until the day of his appearance to Israel.
Chapter 2 The Birth of Jesus
5 to register with Mary the one being betrothed to him, she being with child.
7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and she wrapped Him in swaddling cloths and laid Him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn. The Shepherds and the Angels
17 And having seen, they proclaimed abroad concerning the saying having been told them concerning this child.
27 And he came in the Spirit into the temple. And in the time when the parents were bringing in the child Jesus, the thing they were doing for Him according to that having become customary by the Law,
33 And His father and mother were marveling at the things having been spoken concerning Him.
34 And Simeon blessed them and said to His mother Mary: “Behold, this child is appointed for the falling and rising up of many in Israel, and for a sign spoken against-
40 And the child continued to grow and become strong, being filled with wisdom. And the grace of God was upon Him. The Boy Jesus at the Temple
48 And having seen Him, they were astonished, and His mother said to Him, “child why have You done thus to us? Behold, Your father and I were seeking You, distressing.”
49 And He said to them, “Why is it that you were seeking Me? Did you not know that it behooves Me to be in the house of My father?”e
Chapter 3 The Mission of John the Baptist
2 during the high priesthood of Annas and Caiaphas, the word of God came upon John son of Zechariah in the wilderness.
8 Therefore produce fruits worthy of repentance. And do not begin to say in yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as father.’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones.
22 and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in a bodily form as a dove, and a voice came out of heaven: “You are My son, the beloved; in You I am well pleased.” The Genealogy of Jesus
23 And Jesus beginning, was Himself about thirty years old, being son as was supposed, of Joseph, of Heli,
Chapter 4 The Temptation of Jesus
3 And the devil said to Him, “If You are the son of God, speak to this stone, that it should become bread.”
9 And he led Him to Jerusalem and set Him upon the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him, “If You are the son of God, cast Yourself down from here.
22 And all were bearing witness to Him and marveling at the grace of the words that are proceeding out of His mouth. And they were saying, “Is this not the son of Joseph?”
41 And demons also were going out from many, crying out and saying, “You are the son of God.” And rebuking them, He did not allow them to speak, because they knew Him to be the Christ. Jesus Preaches in Judea
Chapter 5 The First Disciples
10 and likewise also James and John, the sons of Zebedee, who were partners with Simon. And Jesus said to Simon, “Fear not; from now on you will be catching men.”
24 But that you may know that the son of Man has authority on the earth to forgive sins...” He said to the one having been paralyzed, “I say to you, arise, and having taken up your mat, go to your house.”
34 And Jesus said to them, “Are you able to make the sons of the bridechamber to fast while the bridegroom is with them?
Chapter 6 The Lord of the Sabbath
5 And He was saying to them, “The son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.” Jesus Heals on the Sabbath
15 and Matthew and Thomas; and James son of Alphaeus; and Simon the one called Zealot;
16 and Judas son of James; and Judas Iscariot, who became the betrayer. Jesus Ministers to a Great Crowd
22 Blessed are you when men shall hate you, and when they shall exclude you, and shall insult you, and shall cast out your name as evil, on account of the son of Man.
23 Rejoice in that day, and leap for joy; for behold, your reward is great in heaven. For their fathers according to these things used to treat the prophets likewise. Woes
26 Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for according to these things their fathers used to treat the false prophets likewise. Love Your Enemies
35 But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He is kind to the ungrateful and evil.
36 Be you merciful, as your father also is merciful. Do Not Judge
Chapter 7 The Faith of the Centurion
10 And having returned to the house, those having been sent found the servant in good health. Jesus Raises a Widow's son
12 And as He drew near to the gate of the town, also behold, one having died was being carried out, the only begotten son of his mother; and she was a widow. And a considerable crowd of the town was with her.
32 They are like to little children sitting in the marketplace and calling to one another, saying: ‘We piped to you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not weep.’
34 The son of Man has come eating and drinking, and you say, ‘Behold, a man, a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and of sinners!’
35 And wisdom was justified by all her children.” A Sinful Woman Anoints Jesus
Chapter 8 Women Minister to Jesus
28 And having seen Jesus, having cried out, he fell down before Him and said in a loud voice, “What to me and to You, Jesus, son of the Most High God? I implore of You that You might not torment me!”
51 And having entered into the house, He did not allow anyone to go in with Him, except Peter and John and James and the father and the mother of the child.
54 And He having taken hold her of hand, called out, saying, “child, arise!”
Chapter 9 The Ministry of the Twelve
22 having said, “It is necessary for the son of Man to suffer many things, and to be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and to be killed, and on the third day to be raised.” Take Up Your Cross
26 For whoever may have been ashamed of Me and My words, the son of Man will be ashamed of him when He shall come in His glory, and that of the father and of the holy angels.
35 And a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My son,a whom I have chosen; listen to Him!”
38 And behold, a man from the crowd cried out, saying, “Teacher, I implore You to look upon my son, for he is an only child to me.
41 And Jesus answering said, “O unbelieving and perverted generation, until when will I be with you and bear with you? Bring your son here.”
42 And while he was coming near, the demon threw him down, and threw him into convulsions. And Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit and healed the boy, and gave him back to his father. The Second Prediction of the Passion
44 “You let these words sink into your ears; for the son of Man is about to be betrayed into the hands of men.”
48 and He said to them, “Whoever shall receive this child in My name, receives Me; and whoever shall receive Me, receives the One having sent Me. For the one being least among you all, he shall be great.”
58 And Jesus said to him, “The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air nests; but the son of Man has nowhere He might lay the head.”
59 And He said to another, “Follow Me.” But he said, “Lord, allow me first, having gone away, to bury my father.”
56 For the son of Man did not come to destroy the lives of men, but to save them'
Chapter 10 Jesus Sends Out the Disciples
6 And if a son of peace is there, your peace will rest upon it; but if not so, it will return to you.
21 In the same hour, He rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, “I fully consent to You, father, Lord of the heaven and of the earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent, and have revealed them to little children; yes, father, for thus was it well-pleasing before You.
22 All things have been delivered to Me by My father. And no one knows who the son is, except the father; and who the father is, except the son, and those to whom the son might resolve to reveal Him.”
Chapter 11 The Lord's Prayer
2 And He said to them, “When you pray say: ‘father,a hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come.b
7 And he answering from within will say, ‘Do not cause me trouble; the door already has been shut, and my children are with me in bed; I am not able, having risen up, to give to you.’
11 And which father among you, if the sond will ask for a fish, and instead of a fish, will give to him a serpent?
13 Therefore if you, being evil, know to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the father who is in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those asking Him!” A House Divided
19 And if I cast out the demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your sons cast them out? On account of this, they will be your judges.
30 For as Jonah was a sign to the Ninevites, thus also the son of Man will be to this generation.
47 Woe to you, for you build the tombs of the prophets, yet your fathers killed them.
48 So you are witnesses and consent to the works of your fathers; for indeed they killed them, and you build their tombs.
Chapter 12 The Leaven of the Pharisees
8 And I say to you, everyone who will confess in Me before men, the son of Man also will confess in him before the angels of God.
10 And everyone who will speak a word against the son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but the one having blasphemed against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.
30 for all the nations of the world seek after these things, and your father knows that you have need of these.
32 Do not fear, little flock, for your father took delight to give you the kingdom.
40 You also, be ready; for the son of Man comes in the hour you do not expect.”
53 They will be divided father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.” Interpreting the Present Time
Chapter 13 A Call to Repentance
34 Jerusalem, Jerusalem, killing the prophets, and stoning those having been sent to her, how often I have wanted to gather your children, the way that a hen gathers her brood under the wings, and you were not willing.
Chapter 14 Jesus Heals a Man with Dropsy
5 And He said to them, “Which of you whose sona or ox will fall into a pit on the Sabbath day, also will not immediately pull him up?”
26 “If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters and yes, even his life, he is not able to be My disciple.
Chapter 15 The Parable of the Lost Sheep
11 And He said, “A certain man had two sons.
12 And the younger of them said to the father, ‘father, give to me the portion of the property falling to me.’ And he divided the property between them.
13 And not many days later, the younger son having gathered together all, went away into a distant country, and there he wasted his estate, living prodigally.
17 But having come to himself, he was saying, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have abundance of bread, but here I am perishing with hunger?
18 Having risen up, I will go to my father, and I will say to him, “father, I have sinned against heaven and before you;
19 no longer am I worthy to be called your son. Make me like one of your servants.”’
20 And having risen up, he went to his father. And he still being far distant, his father saw him, and was moved with compassion, and having run, fell upon his neck and kissed him.
21 And the son said to him, ‘father, I have sinned against heaven and before you; no longer am I worthy to be called your son.’
22 And the father said to his servants, ‘Quickly bring out the best robe and clothe him, and give him a ring for his hand and sandals for his feet;
24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ And they began to be merry.
25 And his elder son was in the field, and while coming up, he drew near to the house; he heard music and dancing.
27 And he said to him, ‘Your brother is come, and your father has killed the fattened calf, because he has received him in good health.’
28 But he was angry, and was not willing to go in. And his father, having gone, was begging him.
29 And answering, he said to his father, ‘Behold, so many years I serve you, and never did I disobey a commandment of yours; and never did you give to me a young goat, that I might make merry with my friends.
30 But when this son of yours came, the one having devoured your living with prostitutes, you have killed the fattened calf for him!’
31 And he said to him, ‘Son, you are always with me, and all that is mine is yours.
Chapter 16 The Parable of the Shrewd Manager
8 And the master praised the unrighteous manager because he had acted shrewdly. For the sons of this age are more shrewd than the sons of the light in their own generation.
24 And having cried out, he said, ‘father Abraham, have mercy on me and send Lazarus, that he might dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am suffering in this flame.’
25 And Abraham said, ‘child, remember that you did fully receive your good things in your lifetime, and Lazarus likewise the evil things. But now he is comforted here, and you are suffering.
27 And he said, ‘Then I implore you, father, that you would send him to my father’s house-
30 And he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if one from the dead should go to them, they will repent.’
Chapter 17 Temptations and Trespasses
22 And He said to the disciples, “The days will come when you will desire to see one of the days of the son of Man, and you will not see it.
24 For as the lightning shines, flashing from the one end of the sky to the other end of the sky, thus the son of Man will be in His day.
26 And as it came to pass in the days of Noah, thus also will it be in the days of the son of Man:
30 It will be according to these in that day the son of Man is revealed.
Chapter 18 The Persistent Widow
8 I say to you that He will execute their avenging in quickness. Nevertheless, the son of Man having come, will He find faith on the earth?” The Pharisee and Tax Collector
16 But Jesus, having called them to Him, said, “Permit the little children to come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of the such is the kingdom of God.
17 Truly I say to you, whoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a child, shall not at all enter into it.” The Rich Young Ruler
20 You know the commandments: ‘You shall not commit adultery, you shall not murder, you shall not steal, you shall not bear false witness, you shall honor your father and mother.’a”
29 And He said to them, “Truly I say to you that there is no one who has left house or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God,
31 And having taken aside the Twelve, He said to them, “Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things having been written by the prophets about the son of Man will be accomplished.
38 And he called out saying, “Jesus, son of David, have mercy on me!”
39 And those going before were rebuking him, that he should be silent. But he kept crying out much more, “Son of David, have mercy on me.”
Chapter 19 Jesus and Zacchaeus
9 And Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham.
10 For the son of Man came to seek and to save that having been lost.” The Parable of the Ten Minas
Chapter 20 Jesus' Authority Challenged
13 Then the master of the vineyard said, ‘What shall I do? I will send my beloved son; perhaps they will respect him.’
28 saying, “Teacher, Moses wrote to us if anyone’s brother should die having a wife, and he is childless, that his brother should take the wife and should raise up seed to his brother.
29 Therefore there were seven brothers. And the first, having taken a wife, died childless;
30 and the secondc 31 and the third took her; and likewise also the seven did not leave children and died.
34 And Jesus said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage.
36 For neither are they able to die any more, for they are like the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.
40 And no longer did they dare to ask Him anything. Whose son is the Christ?
41 And He said to them, “How do they declare the Christ to be son of David?
44 David therefore calls Him Lord, and how is He his son?” Beware of the Scribes
Chapter 21 The Poor Widow's Offering
27 And then will they see the son of Man coming in a cloud, with power and great glory.
Chapter 22 The Plot to Kill Jesus
22 For indeed the son of Man goes according to that having been determined. But woe to that man by whom He is betrayed.”
29 And I appoint to you a kingdom, as My father appointed to Me,
42 saying, “father, if You are willing, take away this cup from Me. Yet not My will, but Yours be done.”
48 And Jesus said to him, “Judas, are you betraying the son of Man with a kiss?”
69 But from now on the son of Man will be sitting at the right hand of the power of God.”
70 And they all said, “Are You then the son of God?” And He was saying to them, “You say that I am.”
Chapter 23 Jesus Before Pilate
28 And having turned to them, Jesus said, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for Me, but weep for yourselves and for your children.
34 And Jesus was saying, “father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.”d And they cast lots, dividing His garments.
46 And having called out in a loud voice, Jesus said, “father, into Your hands I commit My Spirit.”f And having said this, He breathed His last.
Chapter 24 The Resurrection
7 saying, ‘It behooves the son of Man to be delivered into hands of sinful men, and to be crucified, and the third day to arise.’”
49 And behold, I am sending the promise of My father upon you. But you, remain in the city until that you should be clothed with power from on high.” The Ascension

BOOK OF John
Chapter 1 The Beginning
12 But as many as received Him, He gave to them authority to be children of God-to those believing in His name,
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us. And we beheld His glory, a glory as of an only begotten from the father, full of grace and truth.
18 No one has ever yet seen God. The only begotten God,b the One being in the bosom of the father, He has made Him known. The Mission of John the Baptist
34 And I have seen and have borne witness that this is the sone of God.” The First Disciples
42 He led him to Jesus. Having looked at him, Jesus said, “You are Simon the son of Jonah. You will be called Cephas” (which means Peter). Jesus Calls Philip and Nathanael
45 Philip Finds Nathanael and says to him, “We have found Him whom Moses wrote of in the Law, also the prophets, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.”
49 Nathanael answered Him, “Rabbi, You are the son of God; You are King of Israel.”
51 And He says to him, “Truly, truly, I say to all of you, you will see the heaven opened, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the son of Man.”f
Chapter 2 The Wedding at Cana
16 And to those selling doves He said, “Take these things from here! Do not make My father’s house a house of trade.”
Chapter 3 Jesus and Nicodemus
13 And no one has gone up into heaven except the One having come down out of heaven, the son of Man.b
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, thus it behooves the son of Man to be lifted up,
16 For God so loved the world that He gave the only begotten son, so that everyone believing in Him should not perish, but should have eternal life.
17 For God did not send His son into the world that He might judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.
18 The one believing in Him is not judged, but the one not believing already has been judged, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten son of God.
35 The father loves the son and has given all things into His hand.
36 The one believing in the son has eternal life, but the one not obeying the son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”d
Chapter 4 Jesus and the Samaritan Woman
5 Therefore He comes to a city of Samaria called Sychar, near the plot of ground that Jacob had given to his son Joseph.
12 Are You greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank of it himself, and his sons, and his livestock?”
20 Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you say that in Jerusalem is the place where it is necessary to worship.”
21 Jesus says to her, “Believe Me, woman, that an hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the father.
23 But an hour is coming and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the father in spirit and truth; for the father also seeks such who worship Him.
46 Therefore He came again to Cana of Galilee, where He had made the water wine. And there was in Capernaum a certain royal official whose son was sick.
47 Having heard that Jesus had come out of Judea into Galilee, he went to Him and was asking that He would come down and heal his son; for he was about to die.
49 The royal official says to Him, “Sir, come down before my child dies.”
50 Jesus says to him, “Go, your son lives.” The man believed the word that Jesus said to him, and he went on his way.
51 And already as he is going down, his servants met him, saying that his son lives.
53 Therefore the father knew that it was in that hour at which Jesus said to him, “Your son lives.” And he himself believed, and his whole household.
Chapter 5 The Pool of Bethesda
15 The man went away and told the Jews that Jesus is the One having made him well. The father and the son
17 But Jesus answered them, “My father is working until now, and I am working.”
18 Therefore because of this, the Jews were seeking the more to kill Him, because not only was He breaking the Sabbath, but also He was calling God His own father, making Himself equal to God.
19 Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the son is able to do nothing of Himself, if not anything He may see the father doing; for whatever He does, these things also the son does likewise.
20 For the father loves the son and shows to Him all things that He does. And He will show Him greater works than these, so that you may marvel.
21 For even as the father raises up the dead and gives life, thus also the son gives life to whom He will.
22 For the father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the son,
23 so that all may honor the son, even as they honor the father. He who is not honoring the son is not honoring the father, the One having sent Him.
25 Truly, truly, I say to you that an hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the son of God, and those having heard will live.
26 For as the father has life in Himself, so also He gave to the son to have life in Himself.
27 And He gave Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the son of Man.
36 But I have testimony greater than that of John. For the works that the father has given Me that I should complete them, the same works which I do, bear witness concerning Me that the father has sent Me.
37 And the One having sent Me, the father Himself, has borne witness concerning Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor have you seen His form.
43 I have come in My father’s name, and you do not receive Me; if another should come in the own name, you will receive him.
45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the father. There is one accusing you: Moses, in whom you have hoped.
Chapter 6 The Feeding of the Five Thousand
27 Do not work for the food that is perishing, but for the food enduring unto eternal life, which the son of Man will give to you; for God the father has sealed Him.”
31 Our fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, as it is written: ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’c”
32 Therefore Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, Moses has not given you the bread from heaven, but My father gives you the true bread from heaven.
37 All that the father gives Me will come to Me, and the one coming to Me, I shall not cast out.
40 For this is the will of My father, that everyone beholding the son and believing in Him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up in the last day.”
42 And they were saying, “Is this not Jesus the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How then does He say, ‘I have come down from heaven?’”
44 No one is able to come to Me unless the father, the one having sent Me, draws him, and I will raise him up in the last day.
45 It is written in the prophets: ‘And they will all be taught of God.’d Everyone having heard from the father and having learned, comes to Me.
46 Not that anyone has seen the father, except the One being from God; He has seen the father.
49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness and died.
53 Therefore Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you shall have eaten the flesh of the son of Man, and shall have drunk His blood, you do not have life in yourselves.
57 As the living father sent Me and I live because of the father, so also the one feeding on Me, he also will live because of Me.
58 This is the bread having come down from heaven, not as the fathers ate and died. The one eating this bread will live to the age.” Many Disciples Turn Back
62 Then what if you should see the son of Man ascending to where He was before?
65 And He was saying, “Because of this, I have said to you that no one is able to come to Me, unless it shall have been granted to him from the father.” Peter's Confession of Faith
71 Now He was speaking of Judas son of Simon Iscariot; for he, one of the Twelve, was about to betray Him.
Chapter 7 Jesus Teaches at the Feast
22 Because of the fact that Moses has given you circumcision (not that it is of Moses, but of the fathers) also on the Sabbath you circumcise a man.
Chapter 8 The Woman Caught in Adultery
16 But even if I judge, My judgment is true, because I am not alone, but I and the father, having sent Me.
18 I am One bearing witness concerning Myself, and the father having sent Me bears witness concerning Me.”
19 Therefore they were saying to Him, “Where is Your father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither Me nor My father. If you had known Me, you would have known My father also.”
27 They did not understand that He was speaking to them about the father.
28 Therefore Jesus said to them, “When you shall have lifted up the son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and I do nothing from Myself; but as the father taught Me, I speak these things.
35 Now the slave does not abide in the house to the age; the son abides to the age.
36 So if the son shall set you free, you will be free indeed. The children of the Devil
38 I speak that which I have seen with the father; therefore you also do what you have heard from your father.”
39 They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus says to them, “If you were children of Abraham, you would do the works of Abraham.
41 You are doing the works of your father.” Therefore they said to Him, “We have not been born of sexual immorality. We have one father, God.”
42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your father, you would have loved Me, for I came forth from God and am here; for not even have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.
44 You are of your father the devil, and you desire to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has not stood in the truth, because there is no truth in him. Whenever he might speak falsehood, he speaks from the own; for he is a liar, and the father of it.
49 Jesus answered, “I do not have a demon, but I honor My father, and you dishonor Me.
53 Are You greater than our father Abraham, who died? And the prophets died! Whom do You make yourself?”
54 Jesus answered, “If I glorify Myself, My glory is nothing; it is My father glorifying Me, of whom you say, ‘He is ourd God.’
56 Abraham your father rejoiced in that he should see My day-and he saw it and rejoiced.”
Chapter 9 Jesus Heals the Man Born Blind
19 And they asked them, saying, “Is this your son, of whom you say that he was born blind? Then how presently does he see?”
20 Therefore his parents answered and said, “We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind.
35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out, and having found him, He said, “Do you believe in the son of Man?”a
Chapter 10 Jesus the Good Shepherd
15 As the father knows Me, I also know the father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.
17 Because of this, the father loves Me, because I lay down My life, that I might take it again.
18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it again. This commandment I received from My father.”
25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in the name of My father, these bear witness concerning Me.
29 My father who has given them to Me is greater than all, and no one is able to seize them out of the father’s hand.
30 I and the father are one.”
32 Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the father; because of which work of these do you stone Me?”
36 do you say of Him whom the father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, ‘I am son of God’?
37 If I do not do the works of My father, do not believe Me.
38 But if I do, even if you do not believe Me, believe the works, so that you may know and may understand that the father is in Me, and I in the father.”
Chapter 11 The Death of Lazarus
4 And having heard, Jesus said, “This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, so that the son of God may be glorified by it.”
27 She says to Him, “Yes, Lord; I have believed that You are the Christ, the son of God, the One coming into the world.”
41 So they took away the stone. Now Jesus lifted His eyes upwards and said, “father, I thank You that You have heard Me.
52 and not for the nation only, but also that children of God, those having been scattered, He might gather together into one.
Chapter 12 Mary Anoints Jesus
23 And Jesus answered them, saying, “The hour has come that son of Man should be glorified.
26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, the father will honor him.
27 Now My soul has been troubled, and what shall I say? ‘father, save Me from this hour’? But on account of this I came to this hour.
28 father, glorify Your name.” Therefore a voice came from heaven: “I have both glorified it, and I will glorify it again.”
34 Then the crowd answered Him, “We have heard from the Law that Christ abides to the age, and how do you say that it behooves the son of Man to be lifted up? Who is this son of Man?”
36 While you have the light, believe in the light, so that you may become sons of light.” Jesus spoke these things, and having gone away, He was hidden from them. Belief and Unbelief
49 For I did not speak from Myself, but the father Himself, having sent Me, gave Me a commandment, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 And I know that His commandment is eternal life. Therefore what I speak, as the father has said to Me, so I speak.”
Chapter 13 Jesus Washes His Disciples' Feet
1 Now before the feast of the Passover, Jesus, knowing that His hour had come that He would depart out of this world to the father, having loved the own who were in the world, He loved them to the end.
2 And supper taking place, the devil already having put into the heart of Judas son of Simon Iscariot that he should betray Him,
3 knowing that the father has given Him all things into the hands, and that He came forth from God and He is going to God,
26 Then Jesus answers, “It is he to whom I will dip the morsel and will give him.” Then having dipped the morsel, He takes it and gives it to Judas, son of Simon Iscariot.
31 Therefore when he had gone out, Jesus says, “Now the son of Man has been glorified, and God has been glorified in Him.
33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. You will seek Me, and as I said to the Jews, now I say also to you: ‘Where I go, you are not able to come.’
Chapter 14 Jesus Comforts the Disciples
2 In My father’s house there are many mansions. And if not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?
6 Jesus says to him, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the father, if not by Me.
7 If you had known Me, you would also have known My father. From now you know Him, and have seen Him.”
8 Philip says to Him, “Lord, show us the father, and it is enough for us.”
9 Jesus says to him, “Am I with you so long a time, and you have not known Me, Philip? The one having seen Me has seen the father. How can you say, ‘Show us the father’?
10 Do you not believe that I am in the father, and the father is in Me? The words that I speak to you, I do not speak from Myself; but the father dwelling in Me does His works.
11 Believe Me that I am in the father, and the father is in Me; but if not, believe because of the works themselves.
12 Truly, truly, I say to you, the one believing in Me, the works that I do, also he will do. And he will do greater than these, because I am going to the father.
13 And whatever you might ask in My name, this I will do, so that the father may be glorified in the son.
16 And I will ask the father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you to the age-
20 In that day you will know that I am in My father, and you in Me, and I in you.
21 The one having My commandments and keeping them, he is the one loving Me. Now the one loving Me will be loved by My father. And I will love him, and will show Myself to him.”
23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My father will love him, and we will come to him and will make a home with him.
24 The one not loving Me does not keep My words. And the word that you hear is not Mine, but that of the father having sent Me.
26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the father will send in My name, He will teach you all things and will bring to your remembrance all things that I have said to you. Peace I Leave with You
28 You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming to you.’ If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced that I am going to the father, because the father is greater than I.
31 But that the world may know that I love the father, and as the father has commanded Me, thus I do. Rise up, let us go from here.
Chapter 15 Jesus the True Vine
1 I am the true vine and My father is the vinedresser.
8 In this My father is glorified, that you should bear much fruit, and you shall be My disciples. No Greater Love
9 As the father has loved Me, I also have loved you. Abide in My Love.
10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, as I have kept My father’s commandments and abide in His love.
15 No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing. But I have called you friends, because all things that I heard from My father, I have made known to you.
16 You did not chose Me, but I chose you and appointed you, that you should go and you should bear fruit, and your fruit should remain, so that whatever you might ask the father in My name, He may give you.
23 The one hating Me hates My father also.
24 If I had not done among them the works that no other has done, they would not have had sin; but now they have both seen and hated both Me and My father.
26 When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the father, the Spirit of truth who goes forth from the father, He will bear witness concerning Me.
Chapter 16 Persecution Foretold
3 And they will do these things because they do not know the father nor Me.
10 and concerning righteousness, because I go away to the father and you behold Me no more;
15 All things that the father has are Mine. Because of this, I said that He will take from that which is Mine and will disclose it to you.
17 Therefore some of his disciples said to one another, “What is this that He says to us, ‘A little while and you do not behold Me; and again a little while and you will see Me’ and ‘Because I am going to the father’?”
21 The woman has pain when she is giving birth, because her hour has come; but when she brings forth the child, she remembers the tribulation no longer, on account of the joy that a man has been born into the world.
23 And in that day, you will ask of Me nothing. Truly, truly, I say to you, whatever you may ask the father in My name, He will give you.
25 I have spoken these things to you in allegories; an hour is coming when I will speak to you no more in allegories, but I will report to you plainly concerning the father.
26 In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I will implore the father for you.
27 For the father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I came forth from God.b
28 I came forth from the father and have come into the world; again I leave the world and go to the father.”
32 Behold, an hour is coming and has come, when you will be scattered, each to the own, and I, you shall leave alone; yet I am not alone, for the father is with Me.
Chapter 17 Prayer for the son
1 Jesus spoke these things, and having lifted up His eyes to heaven, He said, “father, the hour has come; glorify Your son, that the son may glorify You.
5 And now glorify Me, You father, with Yourself, with the glory that I had with You before the world existed. Prayer for the Disciples
11 And I am no longer in the world, and yet they are themselves in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy father, keep them in Your name, which You have given Me, that they may be one as we are.
12 When I was with them, I was keeping them in Your name, which You have given Me. And I guarded them, and none of them has perished, except the son of destruction, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.
21 that all may be one, as You, father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may be in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
24 father, those whom You have given Me, I desire that they also may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory that You gave Me because You loved Me before the foundation of the world.
25 Righteous father, although the world has not known You, yet I have known You, and these have known that You sent Me.
Chapter 18 The Betrayal of Jesus
11 Therefore Jesus said to Peter, “Put the sword into the sheath. The cup which the father has given Me, shall I not drink it?”
13 And they led Him away to Annas first; for he was father-in-law of Caiaphas, who was high priest the same year.
Chapter 19 The Soldiers Mock Jesus
7 The Jews answered him, “We have a law, and according to the law He ought to die, because He made Himself the son of God.”
26 Therefore Jesus, having seen His mother and the disciple whom He loved standing by, says to His mother, “Woman, behold, your son.”
Chapter 20 The Resurrection
17 Jesus says to her, “Do not touch Me, for not yet have I ascended to the father. Now go to My brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My father and your father, and to My God and your God.’”
21 Therefore Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you. As the father has sent Me forth, I also send you.”
31 But these have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the son of God, and that believing, you may have life in His name.
Chapter 21 Jesus Appears at the Sea of Galilee
2 Simon Peter, and Thomas called Didymus, and Nathanael from Cana of Galilee, and the sons of Zebedee, and two others of His disciples were together.
5 Therefore Jesus says to them, “children do you have any food?” They answered Him, “No.”
15 Therefore when they had dined, Jesus says to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love Me more than these?” He says to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I dearly love You.” He says to him, “Feed My lambs.”
16 He says to him again a second time, “Simon son of John, do you love Me?” He says to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I dearly love You.” He says to him, “Shepherd My sheep.”
17 He says to him the third time, “Simon son of John, do you dearly love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you dearly love Me?” And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I dearly love You.” Jesus says to him, “Feed My sheep.

mlinssen

Re: 'Father / son / child' in all of the NT: Acts through Timothy

Post by mlinssen »

Here is a complete list from Berean Literal (with footnote references left intact) of every verse with the words father / son / child in it:

BOOK OF Acts
Chapter 1 Prologue
4 And being assembled together,a He instructed them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to await the promise of the father: “That which you heard of Me;
13 And when they had entered, they went up into the upper room, where they were staying, both Peter and John, and James and Andrew, Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew, James son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot, and Judas son of James.
Chapter 2 The Holy Spirit at Pentecost
17 ‘And it will be in the last days, God says, I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters will prophesy, and your young men will see visions, and your elders will dream dreams.
33 Therefore having been exalted at the right hand of God, and having received the promise of the Holy Spirit from the father, He has poured out this which you are both seeing and hearing.
39 For the promise is to you and to your children and to all those at a distance, as many as the Lord our God shall call to Himself.”
Chapter 3 A Lame Man Walks
13 The God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servantb Jesus, whom indeed you betrayed and disowned in the presence of Pilate, that one having adjudged to release Him.
25 You are the sons of the prophets and of the covenant that God made with your fathers, saying to Abraham, ‘And in your seed all the families of the earth will be blessed.’d
Chapter 4 Peter and John Before the Council
25 having spoken by the Holy Spirit through the mouth of Your servant,b our father David: ‘Why did the Gentiles rage, and the peoples devise vain things?
36 Now Joseph having been called Barnabas by the apostles (which is translated, son of encouragement), a Levite, a Cypriot at the birth,
Chapter 5 Ananias and Sapphira
30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you killed, having hanged Him on a tree.
Chapter 6 The Choosing of the Seven
Chapter 7 Stephen's Address to the Sanhedrin
2 And he began to speak: “Men, brothers, and fathers, listen! The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham, being in Mesopotamia, before his dwelling in Haran,
4 Then having gone out from the land of the Chaldeans, he dwelt in Haran. And from there, after his father died, He removed him into this land in which you now dwell.
5 And He did not give to him an inheritance in it, not even the length of a foot; but He promised to give it to him for a possession, and his to descendants after him, there being to him no child.
11 And there came a famine upon all of Egypt and Canaan, and great affliction, and our fathers were not finding sustenance.
12 Now Jacob, having heard there is grain in Egypt, sent forth our fathers first.
14 And Joseph, having sent, called for his father Jacob and all the kindred, seventy-five souls in all.
15 And Jacob went down into Egypt and died, he and our fathers,
16 and they were carried over into Shechem and placed in the tomb that Abraham had bought for a sum of silver from the sons of Hamor in Shechem.
19 Having dealt treacherously with our race, he mistreated our fathers, making them abandon their infants so that they would not live.
20 In that time Moses was born, and he was beautiful to God,c who was brought up three months in his father’s house.
21 And he having been set outside, the daughter of Pharaoh took him up, and she brought him up as her own son.
23 Now when his period of forty years was fulfilled, it came into his mind to visit his brothers, the sons of Israel.
29 Now at this remark, Moses fled, and became exiled in the land of Midian, where he begat two sons.
32 ‘I am the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob.’e And Moses, having become terrified, did not dare to look.
37 This is the Moses having said to the sons of Israel, ‘God will raise up for you a prophet like me out from your brothers.’g
38 This is the one having been in the congregation in the wilderness with the angel speaking to him in Mount Sinai, and who was with our fathers. He received living oracles to give to us,
39 to whom our fathers were not willing to be obedient, but thrust away, and turned back in their hearts to Egypt,
44 The tabernacle of the testimony was with our fathers in the wilderness, just as the One speaking to Moses had commanded to make it according to the pattern that he had seen,
45 also which, having received by succession, our fathers brought in with Joshua in taking possession of the nations whom God drove out from the face of our fathers, until the days of David,
51 You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, also do you.
52 Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? And they killed those having foretold about the coming of the Righteous One, of whom you have now become betrayers and murderers,
56 and he said, “Behold, I see the heavens having been opened, and the son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”
Chapter 8 Saul Persecutes the Church
Chapter 9 The Road to Damascus
15 But the Lord said to him, “Go, for this man is My vessel of choice to carry My name before the Gentiles, and also kings, and the sons of Israel.
20 And immediately he began proclaiming Jesus in the synagogues, that He is the son of God.
Chapter 10 Cornelius Sends for Peter
36 the word that He sent to the sons of Israel, proclaiming the gospel, peace by Jesus Christ-He is Lord of all.
Chapter 11 Peter's Report at Jerusalem
Chapter 13 Paul's First Missionary Journey
10 said, “O full of all deceit and all craft, son of the devil, enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways the of Lord?
17 The God of this people Israel chose our fathers and exalted the people in the sojourn in the land of Egypt, and with uplifted arm He brought them out of it,
21 Then they asked for a king, and God gave them Saul son of Kish, a man of the tribe of Benjamin, for forty years.
22 And having removed him, He raised up David to them as king, to whom also He said, having carried witness: ‘I have found David the son of Jesse a man according to My heart, who will do all My will.’
26 Men, brothers, sons of the family of Abraham, and those among you fearing God, to us the message of this salvation has been sent.
32 And we preach the gospel to you, the promise having been made to the fathers,
33 that God has fulfilled this to us their children, having raised up Jesus, as also it has been written in the second psalm: ‘You are My son, today I have begotten you.’a
36 For indeed David, having served the purpose of God in his own generation, fell asleep and was added to his fathers, and saw decay.
Chapter 14 Paul and Barnabas at Iconium
2 But the unbelieving Jews stirred up and poisoned the minds of the Gentiles against the brothers.
Chapter 15 The Dispute over Circumcision
10 Now therefore, why are you testing God, to put upon the neck of the disciples a yoke that neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear?
Chapter 16 Timothy Joins Paul and Silas
1 And he came also to Derbe and to Lystra. And behold, a certain disciple was there, named Timothy, the son of a believing Jewish woman and a Greek father,
3 Paul wanted this one to go forth with him, and having taken him, he circumcised him on account of the Jews being in those parts; for they all knew that his father was a Greek.
Chapter 17 Paul Preaches at Thessalonica
Chapter 18 Paul's Ministry in Corinth
Chapter 19 The Holy Spirit Received at Ephesus
12 so that even handkerchiefs or aprons from his skin were brought to the ailing, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits left. The sons of Sceva
14 And seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish high priest, were doing this.
Chapter 20 Paul in Macedonia and Greece
4 And he was accompanied by Sopater son of Pyrrhus from Berea, and Aristarchus, and Secundus of the Thessalonians, and Gaius of Derbe, and Timothy, and the Asians Tychicus and Trophimus.
Chapter 21 Paul's Journey to Jerusalem
5 And it happened that when we had completed the days, having set out, we journeyed, all accompanying us with wives and children as far as outside the city. And having bowed the knees on the shore, having prayed,
16 And some of the disciples from Caesarea also went with us, bringing a certain Mnason, a Cypriot, an early disciple with whom we would lodge. Paul's Arrival at Jerusalem
21 Now they have been informed about you, that you teach all Jews among the Gentiles apostasy from Moses, telling them not to circumcise the children nor to walk in the customs.
Chapter 22 Paul's Defense to the Crowd
1 “Men, brothers, and fathers, hear now my defense to you.”
3 “I am a Jew, a man born in Tarsus of Cilicia and brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, having been instructed according to the exactness of the Law of our fathers, being a zealous one of God, even as you all are this day,
14 Then he said, ‘The God of our fathers has appointed you to know His will, and to see the Righteous One, and to hear the voice out of His mouth.
Chapter 23 Paul Before the Sanhedrin
6 Then Paul, having known that the one part consists of Sadducees, but the other of Pharisees, began crying out in the Council, “Men, brothers, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee; I am judged concerning the hope and resurrection of the dead.”
16 But the son of Paul’s sister, having heard of the ambush, having come near and having entered into the barracks, reported it to Paul.
Chapter 24 Tertullus Prosecutes Paul
14 But I confess this to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect, so I serve the God of our fathers, believing all things throughout the Law and that have been written in the Prophets,
Chapter 25 Paul's Trial Before Festus
Chapter 26 Paul's Testimony to Agrippa
6 And now I stand being judged for the hope of the promise having been made by God to our fathers,
Chapter 27 Paul Sails for Rome
18 And we being storm-tossed violently, on the next day they began to make a jettison of cargo,
Chapter 28 Ashore on Malta
8 And it came to pass, the father of Publius was lying, oppressed with fevers and dysentery, toward whom Paul, having entered and having prayed, having laid the hands on him, healed him.
25 And being discordant with one another they began to leave, Paul having spoken one word: “The Holy Spirit spoke rightly by the prophet Isaiah to your fathers,

BOOK OF Romans
Chapter 1 Greeting the Saints in Rome
3 concerning His son, having come of the seed of David according to flesh,
4 having been declared the son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness, by resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord,
7 To all those being in Rome beloved of God, called saints: Grace to you and peace from God our father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Paul's Desire to Visit Rome
9 For God, whom I serve in my spirit in the gospel of His son, is my witness how unceasingly I make mention of you,
Chapter 2 God's Righteous Judgment
Chapter 3 God Remains Faithful
Chapter 4 Abraham Justified by Faith
1 What then shall we say Abraham our father discovered according to the flesh?
11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith that he had while in the uncircumcision, for him to be father of all those believing while in uncircumcision, for the righteousness to be credited also to them,
12 and the father of circumcision to those not only of circumcision, but also to those walking in the steps of the faith of our father Abraham during uncircumcision. Abraham Receives the Promise
16 Therefore it is of faith, that it may be according to grace, for the promise to be sure to all the seed, not only to that of the Law, but also to that of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us of all-
17 as it has been written: “I have made you a father of many nations.”c-before God whom he believed, the One giving life to the dead and calling into being the things not even existing,
18 who against hope, in hope believed, for him to become the father of many nations, according to that having been spoken, “So shall your offspring be.”d
Chapter 5 The Triumph of Faith
10 For if, being enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His son, much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved in His life!
Chapter 6 Dead to Sin, Alive to God
4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, so that, just as Christ was raised up out from the dead by the glory of the father, so we also should walk in newness of life.
Chapter 7 Release from the Law
Chapter 8 Living in the Spirit
3 For of the Law being powerless in that it was weak through the flesh, God, having sent His son in likeness of sin of flesh and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh,
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
15 For you have not received a spirit of bondage again to fear, but you have received the Spirit of divine adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! father!”
16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
17 and if children, also heirs: heirs indeed of God, and joint-heirs of Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, so that we may also be glorified together. Future Glory
19 For the earnest expectation of the creation awaits the revelation of the sons of God.
21 that the creation itself will also be set free from the bondage of decay, into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.
23 And not only so, but we ourselves, even having the firstfruit of the Spirit, also groan ourselves in ourselves, awaiting divine adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.
29 because those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His son, for Him to be firstborn among many brothers.
32 For He who spared not the own son, but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also, with Him, grant us all things?
Chapter 9 Paul's Concern for the Jews
4 who are Israelites, whose is the divine adoption as sons, and the glory, and the covenants, and the lawgiving, and the service, and the promises;
7 Nor because they are seed of Abraham are all children. Rather, “In Isaac your offspring will be named.”a
8 That is, the children of the flesh, these are not children of God; but the children of the promise are regarded as offspring.
9 For this is the word of the promise: “At this time I will come, and to Sarah there will be a son.”b
10 And not only so, but also Rebecca, having conception by one, Isaac our father,
26 and, “It will happen that in the place where it was said to them, ‘You are not My people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’”i
27 And Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: “Though the number of the sons of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, only the remnant will be saved.
Chapter 10 The Word Brings Salvation
Chapter 11 The Remnant of Israel
Chapter 12 Living Sacrifices
Chapter 13 Submission to Authorities
Chapter 14 The Law of Liberty
Chapter 15 Accept One Another
6 so that with one accord, with one mouth, you may glorify the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Christ the Servant of Jews and Gentiles
8 For I declare Christ to have become a servant of the circumcision for the truth of God, in order to confirm the promises given to the fathers,
Chapter 16 Personal Greetings and Love

BOOK OF 1 Corinthians
Chapter 1 Greetings from Paul
3 Grace to you and peace from God our father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Thanksgiving
9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into fellowship with His son Jesus Christ our Lord. Unity in the Church
Chapter 2 Paul's Message by the Spirit's Power
Chapter 3 God's Fellow Workers
Chapter 4 Servants of Christ
13 being slandered, we entreat. We have become as the residue of the world, the refuse of all, until now. Paul's Warns his children
14 I do not write these things shaming you, but admonishing you as my beloved children.
15 For if you should have ten thousand guardians in Christ, yet not many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
17 On account of this I sent to you Timothy, who is my beloved and faithful child in the Lord, who will remind of you my ways that are in Christ Jesus,a as I teach everywhere in every church.
Chapter 5 Immorality Rebuked
1 Sexual immorality is actually reported among you, and sexual immorality such as is not even among the pagans, so as for one to have the wife of the father.
Chapter 6 Lawsuits among Believers
Chapter 7 Principles of Marriage
14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified in the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified in the husband. Otherwise, your children are unclean; but now they are holy.
Chapter 8 Food Sacrificed to Idols
6 yet to us there is one God the father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we through Him.
Chapter 9 The Rights of an Apostle
Chapter 10 Warnings from Israel's Past
1 For I do not want you to be ignorant, brothers, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea.
Chapter 11 Roles in Worship
Chapter 12 Spiritual Gifts
Chapter 13 Love
Chapter 14 Prophecy and Tongues
20 Brothers, do not be children in the minds. Yet in the evil, be little children; but in the thinking, be full grown.
Chapter 15 The Resurrection of Christ
24 then the end, when He shall hand over the kingdom to the God and father, when He shall have annulled all dominion, and all authority and power.
28 Now when all things shall have been put in subjection to Him, then also the son Himself will be put in subjection to the One having put in subjection all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.
Chapter 16 The Collection for the Saints

BOOK OF 2 Corinthians
Chapter 1 Paul Greets the Corinthians
2 Grace to you and peace from God our father and the Lord Jesus Christ. The God of All Comfort
3 Blessed be the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the father of compassions, and God of all comfort,
11 of you also joining together for us by supplication, so that thanks may be given for us by many persons for the grace bestowed toward us through many. Paul's Change of Plans
19 For the son of God, Jesus Christ, having been proclaimed among you by us-by me and Silvanusa and Timothy-was not “Yes” and “No,” but it has always been “Yes” in Him.
Chapter 2 Reaffirm Your Love
10 Now to whomever you forgive anything, I also do; and indeed to whom I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, it is for the sake of you, in the person of Christ,
Chapter 3 Ministers of a New Covenant
7 Now if the ministry of death, having been engraved in letters on stones, was produced in glory, so as for the sons of Israel not to be able to look intently into the face of Moses, on account of the glory of his face which is fading,
13 and not as Moses would put a veil over his face for the sons of Israel not to look intently into the end of that fading away.
Chapter 4 The Light of the Gospel
Chapter 5 Our Eternal Dwelling
Chapter 6 Paul's Hardships and God's Grace
13 Now as the same recompense, I speak as to children, be you expanded also. Do Not Be Unequally Yoked
18 and “I will be for a father to you, and you will be for sons and daughters to Me, says the Lord Almighty.”
Chapter 7 Paul's Joy in the Corinthians
Chapter 8 Generosity Commended
Chapter 9 God Loves a Cheerful Giver
Chapter 10 Paul's Apostolic Authority
Chapter 11 Paul and the False Apostles
31 The God and father of the Lord Jesus, the One being blessed to the ages, knows that I am not lying.
Chapter 12 Paul's Revelation
14 Behold, this third time I am ready to come to you, and I will not burden you. For I do not seek what is yours, but you. For the children ought not to treasure up for the parents, but the parents for the children.
Chapter 13 Examine Yourselves

BOOK OF Galatians
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to the Galatians
1 Paul, an apostle-not from men, nor through man, but through Jesus Christ, and God the father, the One having raised Him out from the dead-
3 Grace to you and peace from God our father and the Lord Jesus Christ,
4 the One having given Himself for our sins, so that He might deliver us out of the evil age having come presently, according to the will our God and father,
14 And I was advancing in Judaism beyond many contemporaries among my people, being more abundantly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.
16 to reveal His son in me so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I consulted not immediately with flesh and blood,
Chapter 2 The Council at Jerusalem
6 Now of those esteemed to be something, whatsoever they were formerly makes no difference to me. God does not accept the person of a man-for the esteemed added nothing to me.
20 I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. And that which I now live in the flesh, I live through faith from the son of God, the One having loved me and having given up Himself for me.
Chapter 3 Faith and Belief
7 Know then that those of faith, these are sons of Abraham.
25 And faith having come, we are no longer under a trainer. sons Through Faith in Christ
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
Chapter 4 sons and Heirs
1 Now I say, for as long a time as the heir is a child, he differs not from a slave, though being owner of everything.
2 Instead, he is under guardians and trustees until the time appointed by his father.
3 So also, we when we were children, were held in bondage under the principlesa of the world.
4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His son, having been born of a woman, having been born under the Law,
5 that He might redeem those under the Law, so that we might receive the divine adoption as sons.
6 And because you are sons, God sent forth the Spirit of His son into our hearts, crying out, “Abba, father!”
7 So you are no longer a slave but a son; and if a son, also an heir through God. Paul's Fears for the Galatians
19 My children, of whom I travail again until that Christ shall have been formed in you,
22 For it has been written that Abraham had two sons, one of the slave woman and one of the free.
25 Now Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children.
27 For it has been written: “Rejoice O barren woman, the one not bearing; break forth and call aloud, the one not travailing; because many more are the children of the desolate woman than of her having the husband.”b
28 Now you,c brothers, like Isaac, are children of promise.
30 But what does the Scripture say? “Cast out the slave woman and her son, for the son of the slave woman will never inherit along with the son of the free.”d
31 So then, brothers, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free.
Chapter 5 Freedom in Christ
Chapter 6 Carry One Another's Burdens

BOOK OF Ephesians
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to the Ephesians
2 Grace to you and peace from God our father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Spiritual Blessings
3 Blessed be the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the One having blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms,
5 having predestined us for divine adoption as sons to Himself through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will,
17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,
Chapter 2 Alive with Christ
2 in which once you walked according to the age of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit now working in the sons of disobedience,
3 among whom we all also once lived in the desires of our flesh, doing the things willed of the flesh and of its thoughts; and we were by nature children of wrath even as the rest.
18 For through Him we both have access to the father by one Spirit. A Temple in the Lord
Chapter 3 The Mystery of the Gospel
5 which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as now it has been revealed in the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets,
Chapter 4 Unity in the Body
6 one God and father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
13 until we all may attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the son of God, unto a complete man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,
Chapter 5 Imitators of God
1 Be imitators of God, therefore, as beloved children,
5 For this you know, realizing that any fornicator, or unclean person, or covetous man, who is an idolater, has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
7 Therefore do not be partakers with them. children of Light
8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light-
20 giving thanks at all times for all things in the name our Lord Jesus Christ to the God and father. Wives and Husbands
(Song of Solomon 1:1-3 1 Peter 3:1-7)
31 “Because of this, a man will leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two will be into one flesh.”b
Chapter 6 children and Parents
1 children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
2 “Honor your father and mother,” which is the first commandment with a promise,
4 And fathers, do not provoke your children, but bring them up in the discipline and admonition of the Lord. Slaves and Masters
23 Peace to the brothers and love with faith from God the father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

BOOK OF Philippians
Chapter 1 Greetings from Paul and Timothy
2 Grace to you and peace from God our father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Thanksgiving and Prayer
Chapter 2 One in Christ
11 and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the father. Shining as Stars
15 so that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God unblemished in the midst of a crooked and perverted generation,a among whom you shine as lights in the world,
22 But you know his proven worth, that as a child with a father he has served with me in the gospel.
Chapter 3 Righteousness through Faith
Chapter 4 Stand Firm in the Lord
20 Now to our God and father be the glory to the ages of the ages. Amen. Final Greetings

BOOK OF Colossians
2 To the saints in Colossae and faithful brothers in Christ: Grace to you and peace from God our father.a Thanksgiving and Prayer
3 We give thanks to the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying continually for you,
12 giving thanks to the father, the One having qualified youc for the share of the inheritance of the saints in light,
13 who has delivered us from the dominion of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of His beloved son,
Chapter 2 Absent in Body, Present in Spirit
Chapter 3 Putting on the New Self
6 because of which things the wrath of God is coming on the sons of disobedience,b
17 And all, whatever you might do in word or in deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the father through Him. Christian Households
20 children, obey the parents in all things, for this is well-pleasing in the Lord.
21 fathers, do not provoke your children lest they might become discouraged.
Chapter 4 Fellow Workers

BOOK OF 1 Thessalonians
Chapter 1 Greetings to the Thessalonians
1 Paul and Silvanusa and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God the father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace.b
3 remembering before our God and father your work of faith and unceasing labor of love, and the endurance of the hope of our Lord Jesus Christ,
10 and to await His son from the heavens, whom He raised out from the dead-Jesus, the one delivering us from the coming wrath.
Chapter 2 Paul's Ministry
7 But we were gentle in your midst, as a nursing mother would cherish her own children.
11 just as you know how each one of you, as a father his own children,
Chapter 3 Timothy's Visit
11 Now may our God and father Himself, and our Lord Jesus, direct our way to you.
13 in order to strengthen your hearts, blameless in holiness before our God and father at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all His saints. Amen.
Chapter 4 Living to Please God
Chapter 5 The Day of the Lord
5 For you are all sons of light and sons of day; we are not of night nor of darkness.

BOOK OF 2 Thessalonians
Chapter 1 Greetings to the Thessalonians
1 Paul and Silvanusa and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God our father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
2 Grace to you and peace from God our father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Chapter 2 The Man of Lawlessness
3 No one should deceive you in any way, because it is not until the apostasy shall have come first, and the man of lawlessness shall have been revealed-the son of destruction,
16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and God our father, the One having loved us and having given us eternal comfort and good hope by grace,
Chapter 3 Request for Prayer

BOOK OF 1 Timothy
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to Timothy
2 To Timothy, my true child in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace from God our father and Christ Jesus our Lord. Warning against False Teaching
9 knowing this, that law is not enacted for a righteous one, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and sinful, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for slayers of man,
18 I commit to you this charge, Timothy, my child, according to the prophecies going before as to you, that by them you might wage the good warfare,
Chapter 2 A Call to Prayer
15 But she will be saved through childbearing, if they abide in faith and love and holiness, with self-restraint.
Chapter 3 Qualifications for Overseers
4 managing the own house well, having children in submission, with all dignity-
12 Let deacons be husbands of one wife, managing the children and the own households well.
Chapter 4 Warnings against False Teachers
Chapter 5 Guidelines for Reproof
1 Do not rebuke an older man, but exhort him as a father; younger men as brothers;
4 But if any widow has children or grandchildren, let them learn to be devout first to the own household and to give recompense to parents; for this is pleasing before God.
10 being borne witness to in good works: if she has brought up children, if she has entertained strangers, if she has washed the feet of the saints, if she has imparted relief to those being oppressed, if she has followed after every good work.
14 Therefore I want the younger ones to marry, to bear children, to manage their households, to give the one opposing no occasion on account of reproach.
Chapter 6 Instructions to Servants

BOOK OF 2 Timothy
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to Timothy
2 To Timothy, my beloved child: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the father and Christ Jesus our Lord. Encouragement to Be Faithful
3 I am thankful to God, whom I serve from my forefathers with a pure conscience, as I have the remembrance of you unceasingly in my prayers, night and day,
Chapter 2 Grace and Perseverance
1 You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
Chapter 3 Evil in the Last Days
15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings, being able to make you wise unto salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
Chapter 4 Preach the Word
8 From now on the crown of righteousness is laid up for me, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me in that day; but not only to me, but also to all those loving His appearing. Personal Concerns

Last edited by mlinssen on Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mlinssen

Re: 'Father / son / child' in all of the NT: Titus through Revelation

Post by mlinssen »

BOOK OF Titus
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to Titus
4 To Titus, my true child according to our common faith: Grace and peace from God the father and Christ Jesus our Savior. Appointing Elders on Crete
6 if anyone is blameless, the husband of one wife, having believing children, not under accusation of debauchery, or insubordinate.
Chapter 2 Teaching Sound Doctrine
4 so that they may train the young women to be lovers of their husbands, loving their children,
Chapter 3 Obedience to Authorities

BOOK OF Philemon
3 Grace to you and peace from God our father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Philemon's Faith and Love
10 I exhort you for my child whom I have begotten in chains, Onesimus,a
12 whom I have sent back to you in person-he who is my very heart-

BOOK OF Hebrews
Chapter 1 The Supremacy of the son
1 God, having spoken long ago to our fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways,
2 in these last days has spoken to us in His son, whom He appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the ages,
5 For to which of the angels did He ever say: “You are my son; today I have begotten You”a? And again: “I will be to Him for a father, and He will be to Me for a son”b?
8 But unto the son: “Your throne, O God, is to the age of the age, and the scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
Chapter 2 Salvation Confirmed
6 but someone somewhere has testified, saying, “What is man, that You are mindful of him, or the son of man, that You care for him?
10 For it was fitting to Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, having brought many sons to glory, to make perfect the author of their salvation through sufferings.
13 And again: “I will be trusting in Him.”e And again: “Behold, I and the children whom God has given Me.”f
14 Therefore, since the children have partaken of blood and of flesh, He also likewise took part in the same things, so that through His death He might destroy the one holding the power of death, that is, the devil,
Chapter 3 Jesus Our Apostle and High Priest
6 but Christ as the son over His house, whose house we are, if indeed we should holdb our confidence and the boast of our hope. Do Not Harden Your Hearts
9 where forty years your fathers tried Me by testing and saw My works.
Chapter 4 The Sabbath Rest
14 Therefore having a great high priest having passed through the heavens, Jesus, the son of God, we should hold firmly to our confession.
Chapter 5 The Perfect High Priest
5 So also Christ did not glorify Himself to become a high priest, but the One having said to Him: “You are My son, today I have begotten You.”a
8 though being a son, He learned obedience from the things He suffered,
Chapter 6 A Call to Maturity
6 and then having fallen away-to restore them again to repentance, crucifying in themselves the son of God and subjecting Him to open shame.
Chapter 7 Melchizedek and Abraham
3 Without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but having been made like the son of God, he remains a priest unto all time.
5 And indeed, those out from the sons of Levi receiving the priestly office have a commandment to take a tenth from the people, according to the Law, that is, from their brothers, though having come out of the loin of Abraham.
10 For he was still in the loin of his father when Melchizedek met him. A Superior Priesthood
28 For the Law appoints as high priests men having weakness; but the word of the oath, which is after the Law, a son having been perfected to the age.
Chapter 8 Christ's Eternal Priesthood
9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers, in the day of My having taken hold of their hand, to lead them out of the land of Egypt, because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord.
Chapter 9 The Earthly Tabernacle
Chapter 10 Christ's Perfect Sacrifice
29 How much worse punishment do you think will he deserve, the one having trampled upon the son of God, and having esteemed ordinary the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and having insulted the Spirit of grace?
Chapter 11 Faith and Assurance
17 By faith Abraham, being tested, has offered up Isaac. Even the one having received the promises was offering up his only begotten son,
21 By faith Jacob, dying, blessed each of the sons of Joseph and worshiped on the top of his staff.
22 By faith Joseph, dying, made mention concerning the exodus of the sons of Israel and gave instructions concerning his bones. The Faith of Moses
23 By faith Moses, having been born, was hidden three months by his parents, because they saw the little child was beautiful, and they did not fear the edict of the king.
24 By faith Moses, having become grown, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter,
32 And what more shall I say? For the time will fail me, telling of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, also David, and Samuel, and the prophets,
Chapter 12 The Call to Endurance
3 For consider fully the One having endured such great hostility from sinners against Himself, so that you shall not grow weary, fainting in your souls. God Disciplines His sons
5 and you have forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as to sons: “My son, do not regard lightly the Lord’s discipline, nor faint being reproved by Him.
6 For the Lord disciplines whom He loves, and He scourges every son whom He receives.a
7 If you endure discipline, God is treating you as sons; for what son is there whom his father does not discipline?
8 But if you are without discipline, of which they have all become partakers, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.
9 Furthermore indeed, we have had fathers of our flesh, correctors, and we respected them; and shall we not much more be in subjection to the father of spirits and shall live?
16 lest there be any fornicator or profane person, as Esau, who for one meal sold his birthright.
Chapter 13 Love for Brothers

BOOK OF James
Chapter 1 Greetings from James
17 Every good act of giving and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of shifting.
27 Pure and undefiled religion before the God and father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their tribulation; to keep oneself unstained from the world.
Chapter 2 A Warning against Favoritism
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, having offered his son Isaac upon the altar?
Chapter 3 Taming the Tongue
8 but no one of men is able to subdue the tongue; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
9 With it we bless our Lord and father, and with it we curse men, those being made according to the likeness of God.
Chapter 4 Warning against Pride
Chapter 5 Warning to the Rich

BOOK OF 1 Peter
Chapter 1 Greetings from Peter
2 according to the foreknowledge of God the father, by the sanctification of the Spirit unto the obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: May grace and peace be multiplied to you. A Living Hope
3 Blessed be the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the One according to His great mercy having begotten us again to a living hope, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ out from the dead,
14 as children of obedience, not being conformed to the passions in your former ignorance.
17 And if you call on as father the One judging impartially according to the work of each, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your sojourn,
18 knowing that you were redeemed from your futile manner of life handed down from your fathers, not by perishable things-by silver or by gold-
Chapter 2 The Lord is Good
Chapter 3 Wives and Husbands
(Song of Solomon 1:1-3; Ephesians 5:22-33)
6 as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, of whom you have become children, doing good and not fearing any consternation.
Chapter 4 Living for God's Glory
Chapter 5 Instructions to Elders
13 She in Babylon elected with you greets you, and my son Mark.

BOOK OF 2 Peter
Chapter 1 Greetings from Peter
17 For having received honor and glory from God the father, a voice such as follows was brought to Him by the Majestic Glory: “This is My son, My beloved, in whom I have found delight.”a
Chapter 2 Deliverance from False Prophets
14 having eyes full of adultery, and unceasing from sin; enticing unestablished souls; having a heart having been exercised in craving-children of a curse!
15 Having forsaken the straight way, they have gone astray, having followed in the way of Balaam son of Bosor, who loved the wage of unrighteousness.
Chapter 3 The Coming Judgment
4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For from the time that the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

BOOK OF 1 John
Chapter 1 The Word of Life
2 and the life was made manifest, and we have seen and bear witness, and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the father and was revealed to us-
3 that which we have seen and have heard, we proclaim to you also, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And indeed our fellowship is with the father and with His son, Jesus Christ.
7 Butb if we should walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His son cleanses us from all sin.
Chapter 2 Jesus Our Advocate
1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you might not sin. And if anyone should sin, we have an advocate with the father, Jesus Christ the Righteous One.
12 I am writing to you, little children, because the sins have been forgiven you for the sake of His name.
13 I am writing to you, fathers because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I have written to you, little children, because you know the father.
14 I have written to you, fathers, because you know Him who is from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one. Do Not Love the World
15 Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone should love the world, the love of the father is not in him,
16 because all that is in the world, the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes and the vaunting of life, is not from the father, but is from the world.
18 Little children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have arisen, whereby we know that it is the last hour.
22 Who is the liar, except the one denying that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one denying the father and the son.
23 Everyone denying the son does not have the father. The one confessing the son has the father also. Continue in Him
24 You, let what you have heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you have heard from the beginning should abide in you, you also will abide in the son and in the father.
28 And now, little children, abide in Him, so that when He appears we might have boldness and not shrink away from Him in shame at His coming.
Chapter 3 children of God
1 Behold what love the father has given to us, that we should be called children of God-and we are! Because of this, the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.
2 Beloved, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been revealed. We know that when He appears,a we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is.
7 Little children,b let no one lead you astray; the one practicing righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.
10 Through this, the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: anyone not practicing righteousness is not of God, and also the one not loving his brother. Love One Another
18 Little children, we should love not in word, nor in tongue, but in action and in truth.
23 And this is His commandment, that we should believe in the name of His son, Jesus Christ, and we should love one another, just as He gave the commandment to us.
Chapter 4 Testing the Spirits
4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because the One in you is greater than the one in the world.
9 In this the love of God has been revealed among us, that God has sent His only begotten son into the world, so that we might live through Him.
10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His son as a propitiation for our sins.
14 And we have seen and testify that the father has sent the son as Savior of the world.
15 Whoever shall confess that Jesus is the son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.
Chapter 5 Overcoming the World
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments.
5 Now who is the one overcoming the world, except the one believing that Jesus is the son of God?
8 the Spirit and the water and the blood-and these are three in one. God's Testimony about His son
9 If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater. For this is the testimony of God that He has testified concerning His son.
10 The one believing in the son of God has the testimony in himself; the one not believing God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has testified concerning His son.
11 And this is the testimony: that God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in His son.
12 The one having the son has life; the one not having the son of God does not have life. Effective Prayer
13 I have written these things to you, the ones believing in the name of the son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.b
20 Now we know that the son of God is come and has given us understanding, so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.
21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols.d a 7 TR and GOC include testify in heaven: the father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one.
8 And there are three that testify on earth: b 13 BYZ and TR include and that you may believe on the name of the son of God c 18 Or the one who was born of God protects himself, or God protects the one born of Him d 21 BYZ and TR include Amen.

BOOK OF 2 John
Chapter 1 Greeting from the Elder
1 The elder, To the elect lady and her children, whom I love in truth, and not only I, but also all those having known the truth-
3 Grace, mercy, and peace will be with us from God the father and from Jesus Christ, the son of the father, in truth and love. Walking in the Truth
4 I rejoiced exceedingly that I have found some of your children walking in truth, just as we have received a commandment from the father.
9 Anyone going on ahead, and not abiding in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. The one abiding in the teaching, this one has both the father and the son.
13 The children of your elect sister greet you.b a 8 NE and WH what you have worked for b 13 BYZ and TR include Amen.

BOOK OF 3 John
Chapter 1 Greeting to Gaius from the Elder
4 I have no greater joy than these things, that I should hear of my children walking in the truth. Gaius Commended for His Hospitality

BOOK OF Jude
Chapter 1 Greetings from Jude
1 Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, To those called, having been loved in God the father and having been kept in Jesus Christ.

BOOK OF Revelation
Chapter 1 Prologue
6 and He has made us a kingdom, priests to His God and father-to Him be the glory and the dominion to the ages of the ages. Amen.
13 and in the midst of the lampstands, One like the son of Man,d having been clothed to the feet, and having been girded about at the breasts with a golden sash.
Chapter 2 To the Church in Ephesus
14 But I have a few things against you, because you have some there holding the teaching of Balaam, who would teach Balak to cast a snare before the sons of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality.
18 And to the messenger of the church in Thyatira write: These things says the son of God, the One having His eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like burnished bronze.
23 And I will kill her children with death, and all the churches will know that I am the One searching affections and hearts; and I will give to each of you according to your works.
27 and he will shepherd them with a rod of iron, as the vessels of the potter are broken in piecesa-just as I also have received from My father.
Chapter 3 To the Church in Sardis
5 The one overcoming thus will be clothed in white garments. And I will never blot out his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My father and before His angels.
21 The one overcoming, I will give to him to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My father on His throne.
Chapter 4 The Throne in Heaven
Chapter 5 The Scroll with Seven Seals
Chapter 6 The First Seal: The White Horse
Chapter 7
4 And I heard the number of those having been sealed, one hundred forty-four thousand, having been sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel:
Chapter 8 The Seventh Seal
Chapter 9 The Fifth Trumpet
Chapter 10 The Angel and the Small Scroll
Chapter 11 The Two Witnesses
Chapter 12 The Woman and the Dragon
4 And his tail drags a third of the stars of heaven, and he cast them to the earth. And the dragon stands before the woman being about to bring forth, so that when she should bring forth, he might devour her child.
5 And she brought forth a male son, who is about to shepherd all the nations with a rod of iron;a and her child was caught up to God, and to His throne.
13 And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he persecuted the woman who had brought forth the male child.
17 And the dragon was angry with the woman, and he went to make to war with the rest of her children keeping the commandments of God and holding the testimony of Jesus. And he stood upon the sand of the sea.b a 5 Psalm 2:9 b 17 BYZ and TR And I stood on the sand of the sea. Some texts number this sentence as verse 18, and others include it with 13:1.
Chapter 13 The Beast from the Sea
Chapter 14 The Lamb and the 144,000
1 And I looked, and behold, the Lamb was standing upon Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred forty-four thousand having His name and the name of His father having been written on their foreheads.
3 And they are singing as a new 14 And I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and upon the cloud is sitting One like the son of Man,c having on His head a golden crown, and in His hand a sharp sickle.
Chapter 15 The song of Moses and the Lamb
Chapter 16 The First Six Bowls of Wrath
Chapter 17 The Woman on the Beast
Chapter 18 Babylon is Fallen
Chapter 19 Rejoicing in Heaven
Chapter 20 Satan Bound
Chapter 21 A New Heaven and a New Earth
7 The one overcoming will inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he will be My son.
12 having a great and high wall, having twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names having been inscribed which are the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel.
Chapter 22 The River of Life

Done!