Christus/Chrestus in the Original Texts

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
mlinssen

Christus/Chrestus in the Original Texts: gospels / letters of the NT

Post by mlinssen »

It's a good day for yet another "wild claim" (accompanied by an attempt to verify as well as falisfy it):

Paul is irrelevant for Christianity really, but certainly for Christology as we know it.
Here is a list of all occurrences of 'good' and 'anoint' in Romans ff:

BOOK OF Romans
Chapter 2 God's Righteous Judgment
7 to those who indeed with endurance in good work are seeking glory and honor and immortality, eternal life;
10 but glory and honor and peace to everyone doing good, both to Jewish first, and to Greek.
Chapter 3 God Remains Faithful
8 And is it not, as we are slanderously charged, and as some affirm us to say, “Let us do evil things that good things may come?” Their condemnation is just. There is No One Righteous
12 All have turned away; together they have become worthless; there is none who is practicing good, there is not so much as one.b
Chapter 5 The Triumph of Faith
7 For rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though on behalf of the good man perhaps someone would even dare to die.
Chapter 7 Release from the Law
12 So indeed, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good. Struggling with Sin
13 Has that which is good then become death to me? Never may it be! But in order that sin might be shown to be sin, it is working out death through that which is good to me, so that through the commandment sin might become sinful beyond excess.
16 Now if that which I do not want, this I do, I consent to the Law, that it is good.
18 For I know that there dwells in me nothing good, that is, in my flesh. For to will is present with me, but not to do good.
19 For the good that I desire, I do not do; but the evil that I do not want, this I practice.
21 So I find the principle in my desiring to do good, that evil is present with me.
Chapter 8 Living in the Spirit
28 And we know that God works together all things for good to those loving God, to those being called according to His purpose,
Chapter 9 Paul's Concern for the Jews
11 for they not yet having been born nor having done anything good or evil, so that the purpose of God according to election might stand,
Chapter 10 The Word Brings Salvation
15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it has been written: “How beautiful are the feet of thoseg proclaiming good news of good things!”h
16 But not all heeded the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?”i
Chapter 12 Living Sacrifices
2 And do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of the mind, for you to prove what is the good and well-pleasing and perfect will of God.
9 Let love be unfeigned: abhorring evil, cleaving to good,
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Chapter 13 Submission to Authorities
3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Now do you desire not to fear the authority? Do the good, and you will have praise from him.
4 For he is God’s servant to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For He is God’s servant, an avenger for wrath to the one doing evil.
Chapter 14 The Law of Liberty
16 Therefore let not your good be spoken of as evil.
21 It is good neither to eat meat, nor to drink wine, nor anything in which your brother stumbles.d
Chapter 15 Accept One Another
2 Let each of us please the neighbor unto the good, for edification.
14 And I myself also am persuaded concerning you my brothers, that you yourselves are also full of goodness, being filled with all knowledge, and being able to admonish one another.
Chapter 16 Personal Greetings and Love
19 For your obedience has reached to all. Therefore I rejoice over you. But I wish you to be wise to good, and innocent to evil.

BOOK OF 1 Corinthians
Chapter 5 Immorality Rebuked
6 Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?
Chapter 7 Principles of Marriage
1 Now concerning the things about which you wrote: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
8 Now I say to the unmarried and to the widows, it is good for them if they should remain as even I.
26 Therefore I think this is good, because of the presentb necessity, that it is good for a man to remain in the same manner.
Chapter 10 Warnings from Israel's Past
24 Let no one seek the good of himself, but that of the other.
Chapter 15 The Resurrection of Christ
33 Do not be misled: “Bad companionships corrupt good morals.”d
Chapter 16 The Collection for the Saints

BOOK OF 2 Corinthians
Chapter 1 Paul Greets the Corinthians
21 Now the One establishing us with you unto Christ, and having anointed us, is God,
Chapter 5 Our Eternal Dwelling
10 For we must all be revealed before the judgment seat of Christ, that each may receive back the things done through the body according to what he did, whether good or evil. Chapter 6 Paul's Hardships and God's Grace
8 through glory and dishonor, through bad report and good report; as imposters and yet true;
Chapter 9 God Loves a Cheerful Giver
8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in every way, always, having all sufficiency, you may abound in every good work.

BOOK OF Galatians
Chapter 4 Sons and Heirs
18 Now it is good to be zealous in a right thing, at all times and not only in my being present with you.
Chapter 5 Freedom in Christ
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
Chapter 6 Carry One Another's Burdens
6 Now let the one being taught in the word share in all good things with the one teaching.
10 So then, as we have occasion, we should work good toward all, and especially toward those of the household of the faith. Paul's Final Warning

BOOK OF Ephesians
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to the Ephesians
5 having predestined us for divine adoption as sons to Himself through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will,
Chapter 2 Alive with Christ
10 For we are His workmanship, having been created in Christ Jesus for good works which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. One in Christ
Chapter 4 Unity in the Body
28 The one stealing, let him steal no longer, but rather let him toil, working with the own hands what is good, so that he may have something to impart to the one having need.
29 Do not let any unwholesome word go forth out of your mouth, but only good, for edification of the need, so that it may give grace to those hearing.
Chapter 5 Imitators of God
9 for the fruit of the light is in all goodness and righteousness and truth—
Chapter 6 Children and Parents
7 rendering service with good will as to the Lord and not to men,
8 knowing that each one, whatever good he might have done, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether he is slave or free.

BOOK OF Philippians
Chapter 1 Greetings from Paul and Timothy
6 being persuaded of this very thing, that the One having begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Christ Jesus.
15 For some, even from envy and strife, are proclaiming Christ, but some also from goodwill—
Chapter 2 One in Christ
13 For God is the One working in you both to will and to work according to His good pleasure.
Chapter 4 Stand Firm in the Lord

BOOK OF Colossians
10 to walk worthily of the Lord: pleasing in all, bringing forth fruit in every good work, and growing in the knowledge of God,
Chapter 2 Absent in Body, Present in Spirit
5 Truly indeed, if I am absent in the flesh, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing and seeing your good order and the firmness of your faith in Christ. Alive in Christ
Chapter 4 Fellow Workers

BOOK OF 1 Thessalonians
Chapter 3 Timothy's Visit
6 But presently, Timothy having come to us from you and having brought good news to us of your faith and love, and that always you have a good remembrance of us, longing to see us just as also we you,
Chapter 5 The Day of the Lord
15 See that no one has repaid to anyone evil for evil, but always pursue the good also toward one another and toward all.
21 but test all things. Hold fast to the good.

BOOK OF 2 Thessalonians
Chapter 1 Greetings to the Thessalonians
11 for which also we pray always for you, that He may count you worthy of the calling of our God, and He may fulfill every good pleasure of goodness and work of faith with power,
Chapter 2 The Man of Lawlessness
16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and God our Father, the One having loved us and having given us eternal comfort and good hope by grace,
17 may He encourage your hearts and may He strengthen them in every good work and word.

BOOK OF 1 Timothy
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to Timothy
5 Now the goal of our instruction is love out of a pure heart, and a good conscience, and a sincere faith,
8 Now we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully,
18 I commit to you this charge, Timothy, my child, according to the prophecies going before as to you, that by them you might wage the good warfare,
19 holding faith and a good conscience, which some, having cast away, have caused a shipwreck concerning the faith,
Chapter 2 A Call to Prayer
3 This is good and acceptable before God our Savior,
10 but with what is becoming to women, professing the fear of God through good works.
Chapter 3 Qualifications for Overseers
1 Trustworthy is the saying: If anyone aspires to overseership, he is desirous of a good work.
7 And it behooves him also to have a good testimony from those outside, so that he might not fall into reproach and the snare of the devil. Qualifications for Deacons
13 For those having served well acquire a good standing for themselves and great confidence in the faith that is in Christ Jesus. The Mystery of Godliness
Chapter 4 Warnings against False Teachers
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be rejected, being received with thanksgiving,
5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer. A good Minister of Jesus Christ
6 Laying before the brothers these things, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, being nourished in the words of the faith, and of the good teaching that you have closely followed.
Chapter 5 Guidelines for Reproof
10 being borne witness to in good works: if she has brought up children, if she has entertained strangers, if she has washed the feet of the saints, if she has imparted relief to those being oppressed, if she has followed after every good work.
25 Likewise also, the good works are evident, and even those being otherwise are unable to be concealed.
Chapter 6 Instructions to Servants
2 Now those having believing masters, let them not despise them because they are brothers; but rather, let them serve them, because those being helped by the good service are believing and beloved. Teach and exhort these things. Reject False Doctrines
10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils, which some, stretching after, have been seduced away from the faith and have pierced themselves with many sorrows. Fight the good Fight
12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Lay hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and also did confess the good confession before many witnesses.
13 I charge you before God, the One giving life to all things, and Christ Jesus, the One having testified the good confession before Pontius Pilate,
18 to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous in distributing, ready to share,
19 treasuring up for themselves a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is indeed life. Final Guidance

BOOK OF 2 Timothy
14 Keep the good deposit entrusted to you by the Holy Spirit, the One dwelling in us.
Chapter 2 Grace and Perseverance
3 Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.
21 Therefore if anyone shall have cleansed himself from these, he will be a vessel for honor, having been sanctified, useful to the Master, having been prepared for every good work.
Chapter 3 Evil in the Last Days
3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, savage, haters of good,
17 so that the man of God may be complete, having been fully equipped toward every good work.
Chapter 4 Preach the Word
7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

BOOK OF Titus
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to Titus
8 but hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined;
16 They profess to know God, but in their works they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and unfit for any good work.
Chapter 2 Teaching Sound Doctrine
3 the aged women likewise reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not being enslaved to much wine, teachers of what is good,
7 In all things be holding forth yourself as a pattern of good works, in the teaching, integrity, dignity,
10 not pilfering, but showing all good fidelity, so that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things. God's Grace Brings Salvation
14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all lawlessness and might purify to Himself a people specially chosen, zealous of good works.
Chapter 3 Obedience to Authorities
1 Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work,
8 Trustworthy is the saying, and I want you to affirm strongly concerning these things, so that those believing God may take care to be devoted to good works. These things are excellent and profitable to men. Avoiding Divisions
14 And also let our people learn to devote themselves to good works for necessary needs, so that they should not be unfruitful.

BOOK OF Philemon
6 so that the fellowship of your faith might become effective in the acknowledgment of every good thing that is in you toward Christ.
14 But I wanted to do nothing apart from your consent, so that your good may be not as according to necessity, but according to willingness.

BOOK OF Hebrews
Chapter 1 The Supremacy of the Son
9 You have loved righteousness and have hated wickedness; because of this, God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of exultation above Your companions.”e
Chapter 4 The Sabbath Rest
6 Therefore, since it remains for some to enter into it, and those having received the good news formerly did not enter in because of disobedience,
Chapter 5 The Perfect High Priest
14 But solid food is for the mature, the ones by constant use having trained the senses for distinguishing both good and evil.
Chapter 6 A Call to Maturity
5 and having tasted the goodness of God’s word and the power of the coming age-
Chapter 9 The Earthly Tabernacle
11 But Christ, having appeared as high priest of the good things having come,a by the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made by hands, that is, not of this creation,
Chapter 10 Christ's Perfect Sacrifice
1 For the Law, having a shadow of the good things coming, not the form of the things themselves, never is able each year, with the same sacrifices which they offer continually, to perfect those drawing near.
24 And we should think toward stirring up one another to love and to good works,
Chapter 11 Faith and Assurance
12 Therefore also were born from one man, and he having been as good as dead, as the stars of heaven in multitude, and countless as the sand by the shore of the sea.
Chapter 12 The Call to Endurance
10 For truly they were disciplining us for a few days, according to that seeming good to them; but He for our benefitting, in order to share His holiness.
Chapter 13 Love for Brothers
9 Do not be carried away by various and strange teachings; for it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace, not by foods, in which those being devoted were not profited.
16 And do not be forgetful of the good, and of the sharing; for God is well pleased with such sacrifices.
18 Pray for us, for we are persuaded that we have a good conscience, desiring to conduct ourselves well in all things.
21 equip you in everything good,c in order to do His will, working in usd that which is well pleasing before Him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory to the ages of the ages. Amen.

BOOK OF James
Chapter 1 Greetings from James
12 Blessed is the man who endures trial, because, having been approved, he will receive the crown of life that He has promised to those loving Him. good and Perfect Gifts
17 Every good act of giving and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of shifting.
Chapter 2 A Warning against Favoritism
7 Are they not blaspheming the good Name having been called upon you?
Chapter 3 Taming the Tongue
13 Who is wise and understanding among you; let him show his works out of the good conduct, in the humility of wisdom.
17 But the wisdom from above is indeed first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and of good fruits, impartial, sincere.
Chapter 4 Warning against Pride
17 Therefore to the one knowing to do good, and not doing, it is sin.
Chapter 5 Warning to the Rich
14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call near the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, having anointed him with oil in the name of the Lord.

BOOK OF 1 Peter
Chapter 2 The Lord is good
3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good. The Living Stone
12 keeping your conduct among the Gentiles honorable, so that wherein which they speak against you as evildoers, through having witnessed the good deeds, they may glorify God in the day of visitation. Submission to Authorities
15 because the will of God is this: doing good, to put to silence the ignorance of foolish men,
18 Servants, be subject to masters with all fear, not only to the good and gentle, but also to the unreasonable.
20 For what kind of credit is it, if sinning and being struck, you shall endure? But if you shall endure doing good and suffering, this is commendable before God. Christ's Example of Suffering
Chapter 3 Wives and Husbands
6 as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, of whom you have become children, doing good and not fearing any consternation.
10 For, “The one desiring to love life, and to see good days, let him keep the tongue from evil, and lips not to speak deceit.
11 Also let him turn away from evil, and let him do good. Let him seek peace and let him pursue it.
13 And who is he who will harm you, if you should be zealous for that which is good? Suffering for Righteousness
16 having a good conscience, so that in the case that they might speak against you, those reviling your good manner of life in Christ, they shall be ashamed.
17 For it is better to suffer for doing good, if the will of God wills it, than doing evil,
21 which also prefigures the baptism now saving you, not a putting away of the filth of flesh, but the demand of a good conscience toward God, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
Chapter 4 Living for God's Glory
10 as each has received a gift, to them serving each other as good stewards of the manifold grace of God:
Chapter 5 Instructions to Elders

BOOK OF 2 Peter

BOOK OF 1 John
Chapter 2 Jesus Our Advocate
20 And you have the anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know.a
27 And you, the anointing that you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But just as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things and is true and is no lie, and just as it has taught you, you shall abide in Him.
Chapter 3 Children of God

BOOK OF 2 John

BOOK OF 3 John
Chapter 1 Greeting to Gaius from the Elder
2 Beloved, I pray you to prosper concerning all things and to be in good health, just as your soul prospers.
11 Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. The one doing good is of God; the one doing evil has not seen God.

BOOK OF Jude

BOOK OF Revelation
Chapter 3 To the Church in Sardis
18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold having been refined by fire so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may be clothed and the shame your of nakedness might not be made manifest, and eye-salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see.

Now, that is merely an English translation, and the least bad one that I know of.
Yet naturally the only Greek words to look for here are χριστός as well as χρηστός: so how about χρηστός?

Romans 2:4 χρηστότητος (kindness) & χρηστὸν (kindness)
Romas 3:12 χρηστότητα (good)
Romans 11:22 χρηστότητα (the kindness) & χρηστότης (kindness) & χρηστότητι (kindness)
Romans 16:18 χρηστολογίας (smooth talk) - and that's a negative connotation
1 Corinthians 13:4 χρηστεύεται (is kind)
1 Corinthians 15:33 χρηστὰ (good)
2 Corinthians 6:3 χρηστότητι (kindness)
Galatians 5:22 χρηστότης (kindness)
Epheasians 2:7 χρηστότητι (kindness)
Epheasians 4:32 χρηστοί (kind)
Colossians 3:12 χρηστότητα (kindness)
2 Timothy 2:21 εὔχρηστον (useful)
2 Timothy 4:11 εὔχρηστος (useful)
Titus 3:4 χρηστότης (kindness)
Philemon 1:10 ἄχρηστον (useless) & εὔχρηστον (useful)
1 Peter 2:3 χρηστὸς (is good)

And how about the gospels?

Matthew 11:30 χρηστὸς (is easy)
Luke 5:39 χρηστός (better)
Luke 6:35 χρηστός (kind)

And that's it... and we can clearly see a huge imbalance here as there's an imbalance in just about everything when we compare the gospels to the letters.
Now for the counter question: how often does χριστός occur in any of its forms? Naturally we have to ignore Berean here as it writes out the ligatures IS and XS in full, and the real question is whether the notion of anointing got represented via any other word but χριστ-xyz, from the Greek verb χρίω - to touch / rub

Matthew 6:17 ἄλειψαί (anoint)
Mark 6:13 ἤλειφον (were anointing)
Mark 14:8 μυρίσαι (to anoint)
Mark 16:1 ἀλείψωσιν (they might anoint)
Luke 4:18 ἔχρισέν (He has anointed)
Luke 7:38 ἤλειφεν (was anointing them)
Luke 8:46 ἤλειψας (you did anoint) & ἤλειψεν (anointed)
Luke 23:56 μύρα (anointing oils)
John 9:11 ἐπέχρισέν (anointed)
John 11:2 ἀλείψασα (having anointed)
John 12:3 ἤλειψεν (anointed)

2 Corinthians 1:21 χρίσας (having anointed)
Hebrews 1:8 ἔχρισέν (has anointed)
James 5:14 ἀλείψαντες (having anointed)
1 John 2:20 χρῖσμα (the anointing)
1 John 2:27 χρῖσμα (anointing) & χρῖσμα (anointing)
Revelation 3:18 ἐγχρῖσαι (to anoint)

Again, I'm ignoring Acts!!!

Pay very close attention to the two different verbs here and you see that only Luke and John use χρι-xyz whereas ἄλειψαί is used to describe "mere anointing"

As one can see - given the vast differences between the English and the Greek - this is the level at which "anything Jesus" should be studied: in the original language, with an exact and acuurate translation, preferably in the original MSS but we have NA28 as a decent (and biased) guide for those who don't master the required level (and about 99% of biblical academic sits below that level, given their work)

Now please do tell me: does Paul belong to Christianity or Chrestianity?

And I haven't even gone by the variants with NA28 in hand!
Last edited by mlinssen on Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mlinssen

Re: Christus/Chrestus in the Original Texts

Post by mlinssen »

The brief argument behind the previous post is that there's an abundance of xrhstos in the NT, and an extreme absence (give or take a handful) of xristos.
Yet even Philip motivates and substantiates the notion of xristos: CAPITALS transcribe the exact letters

https://metalogos.org/files/ph_interlin/ph101.html

101. The XREISMA is made lord over the Baptism. For from the XRISMA we are called XRISTIANO(s, and) not because of the Baptism. And (he) was called the XS because of the XRISMA. For the Father anointed the Son, yet the Son anointed the Apostles, yet the Apostles anointed us. He who has been anointed has the totality—he has the resurrection, the light, the cross, the Sacred Spirit. The Father bestowed this upon him in the NYMPHWN he received.

Highly interestingly, Philip has at least 10 occurrences of XR(E)ISMA - I just scanned my own source which is under construction so YMMV - so why is he going through all that effort? And why aren't the gospels and letters, or rather, why would it seem that those are blissfully unaware of any anointing whatsoever save for 7 occurrences, the majority of which are in Luke, John and 1 John?!

Whereas there's a relative abundance of xrhstos, namely 19. If we count the occurrences of anointing "that use the wrong verb", we get to 10 extra ones: 7 xrist-xyz plus 10 'anoint'-wrongverb is still less than 19 xrhst-xyz
mlinssen

Re: Christus/Chrestus in the Original Texts: gospels / letters of the NT

Post by mlinssen »

bump
mlinssen wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:05 am It's a good day for yet another "wild claim" (accompanied by an attempt to verify as well as falisfy it):

Paul is irrelevant for Christianity really, but certainly for Christology as we know it.
Here is a list of all occurrences of 'good' and 'anoint' in Romans ff:

BOOK OF Romans
Chapter 2 God's Righteous Judgment
7 to those who indeed with endurance in good work are seeking glory and honor and immortality, eternal life;
10 but glory and honor and peace to everyone doing good, both to Jewish first, and to Greek.
Chapter 3 God Remains Faithful
8 And is it not, as we are slanderously charged, and as some affirm us to say, “Let us do evil things that good things may come?” Their condemnation is just. There is No One Righteous
12 All have turned away; together they have become worthless; there is none who is practicing good, there is not so much as one.b
Chapter 5 The Triumph of Faith
7 For rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though on behalf of the good man perhaps someone would even dare to die.
Chapter 7 Release from the Law
12 So indeed, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good. Struggling with Sin
13 Has that which is good then become death to me? Never may it be! But in order that sin might be shown to be sin, it is working out death through that which is good to me, so that through the commandment sin might become sinful beyond excess.
16 Now if that which I do not want, this I do, I consent to the Law, that it is good.
18 For I know that there dwells in me nothing good, that is, in my flesh. For to will is present with me, but not to do good.
19 For the good that I desire, I do not do; but the evil that I do not want, this I practice.
21 So I find the principle in my desiring to do good, that evil is present with me.
Chapter 8 Living in the Spirit
28 And we know that God works together all things for good to those loving God, to those being called according to His purpose,
Chapter 9 Paul's Concern for the Jews
11 for they not yet having been born nor having done anything good or evil, so that the purpose of God according to election might stand,
Chapter 10 The Word Brings Salvation
15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it has been written: “How beautiful are the feet of thoseg proclaiming good news of good things!”h
16 But not all heeded the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?”i
Chapter 12 Living Sacrifices
2 And do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of the mind, for you to prove what is the good and well-pleasing and perfect will of God.
9 Let love be unfeigned: abhorring evil, cleaving to good,
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Chapter 13 Submission to Authorities
3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Now do you desire not to fear the authority? Do the good, and you will have praise from him.
4 For he is God’s servant to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For He is God’s servant, an avenger for wrath to the one doing evil.
Chapter 14 The Law of Liberty
16 Therefore let not your good be spoken of as evil.
21 It is good neither to eat meat, nor to drink wine, nor anything in which your brother stumbles.d
Chapter 15 Accept One Another
2 Let each of us please the neighbor unto the good, for edification.
14 And I myself also am persuaded concerning you my brothers, that you yourselves are also full of goodness, being filled with all knowledge, and being able to admonish one another.
Chapter 16 Personal Greetings and Love
19 For your obedience has reached to all. Therefore I rejoice over you. But I wish you to be wise to good, and innocent to evil.

BOOK OF 1 Corinthians
Chapter 5 Immorality Rebuked
6 Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?
Chapter 7 Principles of Marriage
1 Now concerning the things about which you wrote: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
8 Now I say to the unmarried and to the widows, it is good for them if they should remain as even I.
26 Therefore I think this is good, because of the presentb necessity, that it is good for a man to remain in the same manner.
Chapter 10 Warnings from Israel's Past
24 Let no one seek the good of himself, but that of the other.
Chapter 15 The Resurrection of Christ
33 Do not be misled: “Bad companionships corrupt good morals.”d
Chapter 16 The Collection for the Saints

BOOK OF 2 Corinthians
Chapter 1 Paul Greets the Corinthians
21 Now the One establishing us with you unto Christ, and having anointed us, is God,
Chapter 5 Our Eternal Dwelling
10 For we must all be revealed before the judgment seat of Christ, that each may receive back the things done through the body according to what he did, whether good or evil. Chapter 6 Paul's Hardships and God's Grace
8 through glory and dishonor, through bad report and good report; as imposters and yet true;
Chapter 9 God Loves a Cheerful Giver
8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in every way, always, having all sufficiency, you may abound in every good work.

BOOK OF Galatians
Chapter 4 Sons and Heirs
18 Now it is good to be zealous in a right thing, at all times and not only in my being present with you.
Chapter 5 Freedom in Christ
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
Chapter 6 Carry One Another's Burdens
6 Now let the one being taught in the word share in all good things with the one teaching.
10 So then, as we have occasion, we should work good toward all, and especially toward those of the household of the faith. Paul's Final Warning

BOOK OF Ephesians
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to the Ephesians
5 having predestined us for divine adoption as sons to Himself through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will,
Chapter 2 Alive with Christ
10 For we are His workmanship, having been created in Christ Jesus for good works which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. One in Christ
Chapter 4 Unity in the Body
28 The one stealing, let him steal no longer, but rather let him toil, working with the own hands what is good, so that he may have something to impart to the one having need.
29 Do not let any unwholesome word go forth out of your mouth, but only good, for edification of the need, so that it may give grace to those hearing.
Chapter 5 Imitators of God
9 for the fruit of the light is in all goodness and righteousness and truth—
Chapter 6 Children and Parents
7 rendering service with good will as to the Lord and not to men,
8 knowing that each one, whatever good he might have done, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether he is slave or free.

BOOK OF Philippians
6 being persuaded of this very thing, that the One having begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Christ Jesus.
15 For some, even from envy and strife, are proclaiming Christ, but some also from goodwill—
Chapter 2 One in Christ
13 For God is the One working in you both to will and to work according to His good pleasure.
Chapter 4 Stand Firm in the Lord

BOOK OF Colossians
10 to walk worthily of the Lord: pleasing in all, bringing forth fruit in every good work, and growing in the knowledge of God,
Chapter 2 Absent in Body, Present in Spirit
5 Truly indeed, if I am absent in the flesh, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing and seeing your good order and the firmness of your faith in Christ. Alive in Christ
Chapter 4 Fellow Workers

BOOK OF 1 Thessalonians
Chapter 3 Timothy's Visit
6 But presently, Timothy having come to us from you and having brought good news to us of your faith and love, and that always you have a good remembrance of us, longing to see us just as also we you,
Chapter 5 The Day of the Lord
15 See that no one has repaid to anyone evil for evil, but always pursue the good also toward one another and toward all.
21 but test all things. Hold fast to the good.

BOOK OF 2 Thessalonians
Chapter 1 Greetings to the Thessalonians
11 for which also we pray always for you, that He may count you worthy of the calling of our God, and He may fulfill every good pleasure of goodness and work of faith with power,
Chapter 2 The Man of Lawlessness
16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and God our Father, the One having loved us and having given us eternal comfort and good hope by grace,
17 may He encourage your hearts and may He strengthen them in every good work and word.

BOOK OF 1 Timothy
5 Now the goal of our instruction is love out of a pure heart, and a good conscience, and a sincere faith,
8 Now we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully,
18 I commit to you this charge, Timothy, my child, according to the prophecies going before as to you, that by them you might wage the good warfare,
19 holding faith and a good conscience, which some, having cast away, have caused a shipwreck concerning the faith,
Chapter 2 A Call to Prayer
3 This is good and acceptable before God our Savior,
10 but with what is becoming to women, professing the fear of God through good works.
Chapter 3 Qualifications for Overseers
1 Trustworthy is the saying: If anyone aspires to overseership, he is desirous of a good work.
7 And it behooves him also to have a good testimony from those outside, so that he might not fall into reproach and the snare of the devil. Qualifications for Deacons
13 For those having served well acquire a good standing for themselves and great confidence in the faith that is in Christ Jesus. The Mystery of Godliness
Chapter 4 Warnings against False Teachers
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be rejected, being received with thanksgiving,
5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer. A Good Minister of Jesus Christ
6 Laying before the brothers these things, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, being nourished in the words of the faith, and of the good teaching that you have closely followed.
Chapter 5 Guidelines for Reproof
10 being borne witness to in good works: if she has brought up children, if she has entertained strangers, if she has washed the feet of the saints, if she has imparted relief to those being oppressed, if she has followed after every good work.
25 Likewise also, the good works are evident, and even those being otherwise are unable to be concealed.
Chapter 6 Instructions to Servants
2 Now those having believing masters, let them not despise them because they are brothers; but rather, let them serve them, because those being helped by the good service are believing and beloved. Teach and exhort these things. Reject False Doctrines
10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils, which some, stretching after, have been seduced away from the faith and have pierced themselves with many sorrows. Fight the Good Fight
12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Lay hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and also did confess the good confession before many witnesses.
13 I charge you before God, the One giving life to all things, and Christ Jesus, the One having testified the good confession before Pontius Pilate,
18 to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous in distributing, ready to share,
19 treasuring up for themselves a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is indeed life. Final Guidance

BOOK OF 2 Timothy
14 Keep the good deposit entrusted to you by the Holy Spirit, the One dwelling in us.
Chapter 2 Grace and Perseverance
3 Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.
21 Therefore if anyone shall have cleansed himself from these, he will be a vessel for honor, having been sanctified, useful to the Master, having been prepared for every good work.
Chapter 3 Evil in the Last Days
3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, savage, haters of good,
17 so that the man of God may be complete, having been fully equipped toward every good work.
Chapter 4 Preach the Word
7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

BOOK OF Titus
Chapter 1 Paul's Greeting to Titus
8 but hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined;
16 They profess to know God, but in their works they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and unfit for any good work.
Chapter 2 Teaching Sound Doctrine
3 the aged women likewise reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not being enslaved to much wine, teachers of what is good,
7 In all things be holding forth yourself as a pattern of good works, in the teaching, integrity, dignity,
10 not pilfering, but showing all good fidelity, so that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things. God's Grace Brings Salvation
14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all lawlessness and might purify to Himself a people specially chosen, zealous of good works.
Chapter 3 Obedience to Authorities
1 Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work,
8 Trustworthy is the saying, and I want you to affirm strongly concerning these things, so that those believing God may take care to be devoted to good works. These things are excellent and profitable to men. Avoiding Divisions
14 And also let our people learn to devote themselves to good works for necessary needs, so that they should not be unfruitful.

BOOK OF Philemon
6 so that the fellowship of your faith might become effective in the acknowledgment of every good thing that is in you toward Christ.
14 But I wanted to do nothing apart from your consent, so that your good may be not as according to necessity, but according to willingness.

BOOK OF Hebrews
Chapter 1 The Supremacy of the Son
9 You have loved righteousness and have hated wickedness; because of this, God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of exultation above Your companions.”e
Chapter 4 The Sabbath Rest
6 Therefore, since it remains for some to enter into it, and those having received the good news formerly did not enter in because of disobedience,
Chapter 5 The Perfect High Priest
14 But solid food is for the mature, the ones by constant use having trained the senses for distinguishing both good and evil.
Chapter 6 A Call to Maturity
5 and having tasted the goodness of God’s word and the power of the coming age-
Chapter 9 The Earthly Tabernacle
11 But Christ, having appeared as high priest of the good things having come,a by the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made by hands, that is, not of this creation,
Chapter 10 Christ's Perfect Sacrifice
1 For the Law, having a shadow of the good things coming, not the form of the things themselves, never is able each year, with the same sacrifices which they offer continually, to perfect those drawing near.
24 And we should think toward stirring up one another to love and to good works,
Chapter 11 Faith and Assurance
12 Therefore also were born from one man, and he having been as good as dead, as the stars of heaven in multitude, and countless as the sand by the shore of the sea.
Chapter 12 The Call to Endurance
10 For truly they were disciplining us for a few days, according to that seeming good to them; but He for our benefitting, in order to share His holiness.
Chapter 13 Love for Brothers
9 Do not be carried away by various and strange teachings; for it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace, not by foods, in which those being devoted were not profited.
16 And do not be forgetful of the good, and of the sharing; for God is well pleased with such sacrifices.
18 Pray for us, for we are persuaded that we have a good conscience, desiring to conduct ourselves well in all things.
21 equip you in everything good,c in order to do His will, working in usd that which is well pleasing before Him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory to the ages of the ages. Amen.

BOOK OF James
Chapter 1 Greetings from James
12 Blessed is the man who endures trial, because, having been approved, he will receive the crown of life that He has promised to those loving Him. Good and Perfect Gifts
17 Every good act of giving and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of shifting.
Chapter 2 A Warning against Favoritism
7 Are they not blaspheming the good Name having been called upon you?
Chapter 3 Taming the Tongue
13 Who is wise and understanding among you; let him show his works out of the good conduct, in the humility of wisdom.
17 But the wisdom from above is indeed first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and of good fruits, impartial, sincere.
Chapter 4 Warning against Pride
17 Therefore to the one knowing to do good, and not doing, it is sin.
Chapter 5 Warning to the Rich
14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call near the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, having anointed him with oil in the name of the Lord.

BOOK OF 1 Peter
Chapter 2 The Lord is Good
3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good. The Living Stone
12 keeping your conduct among the Gentiles honorable, so that wherein which they speak against you as evildoers, through having witnessed the good deeds, they may glorify God in the day of visitation. Submission to Authorities
15 because the will of God is this: doing good, to put to silence the ignorance of foolish men,
18 Servants, be subject to masters with all fear, not only to the good and gentle, but also to the unreasonable.
20 For what kind of credit is it, if sinning and being struck, you shall endure? But if you shall endure doing good and suffering, this is commendable before God. Christ's Example of Suffering
Chapter 3 Wives and Husbands
6 as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, of whom you have become children, doing good and not fearing any consternation.
10 For, “The one desiring to love life, and to see good days, let him keep the tongue from evil, and lips not to speak deceit.
11 Also let him turn away from evil, and let him do good. Let him seek peace and let him pursue it.
13 And who is he who will harm you, if you should be zealous for that which is good? Suffering for Righteousness
16 having a good conscience, so that in the case that they might speak against you, those reviling your good manner of life in Christ, they shall be ashamed.
17 For it is better to suffer for doing good, if the will of God wills it, than doing evil,
21 which also prefigures the baptism now saving you, not a putting away of the filth of flesh, but the demand of a good conscience toward God, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
Chapter 4 Living for God's Glory
10 as each has received a gift, to them serving each other as good stewards of the manifold grace of God:
Chapter 5 Instructions to Elders

BOOK OF 2 Peter

BOOK OF 1 John
Chapter 2 Jesus Our Advocate
20 And you have the anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know.a
27 And you, the anointing that you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But just as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things and is true and is no lie, and just as it has taught you, you shall abide in Him.
Chapter 3 Children of God
17 Now whoever might have the world’s goods, and might see his brother having need, and might close up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?

BOOK OF 2 John

BOOK OF 3 John
Chapter 1 Greeting to Gaius from the Elder
2 Beloved, I pray you to prosper concerning all things and to be in good health, just as your soul prospers.
11 Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. The one doing good is of God; the one doing evil has not seen God.

BOOK OF Jude

BOOK OF Revelation
Chapter 3 To the Church in Sardis
18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold having been refined by fire so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may be clothed and the shame your of nakedness might not be made manifest, and eye-salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see.

Now, that is merely an English translation, and the least bad one that I know of.
Yet naturally the only Greek words to look for here are χριστός as well as χρηστός: so how about χρηστός?

Romans 2:4 χρηστότητος (kindness) & χρηστὸν (kindness)
Romas 3:12 χρηστότητα (good)
Romans 11:22 χρηστότητα (the kindness) & χρηστότης (kindness) & χρηστότητι (kindness)
Romans 16:18 χρηστολογίας (smooth talk) - and that's a negative connotation
1 Corinthians 13:4 χρηστεύεται (is kind)
1 Corinthians 15:33 χρηστὰ (good)
2 Corinthians 6:3 χρηστότητι (kindness)
Galatians 5:22 χρηστότης (kindness)
Epheasians 2:7 χρηστότητι (kindness)
Epheasians 4:32 χρηστοί (kind)
Colossians 3:12 χρηστότητα (kindness)
2 Timothy 2:21 εὔχρηστον (useful)
2 Timothy 4:11 εὔχρηστος (useful)
Titus 3:4 χρηστότης (kindness)
Philemon 1:10 ἄχρηστον (useless) & εὔχρηστον (useful)
1 Peter 2:3 χρηστὸς (is good)

Matthew 11:30 χρηστὸς (is easy)
Luke 5:39 χρηστός (better)
Luke 6:35 χρηστός (kind)

And that's it... and we can clearly see a huge imbalance here as there's an imbalance in just about everything when we compare the gospels to the letters.
Now for the counter question: how often does χριστός occur in any of its forms? Naturally we have to ignore Berean here as it writes out the ligatures IS and XS in full, and the real question is whether the notion of anointing got represented via any other word but χριστ-xyz, from the Greek verb χρίω - to touch / rub

Matthew 6:17 ἄλειψαί (anoint)
Mark 6:13 ἤλειφον (were anointing)
Mark 14:8 μυρίσαι (to anoint)
Mark 16:1 ἀλείψωσιν (they might anoint)
Luke 4:18 ἔχρισέν (He has anointed)
Luke 7:38 ἤλειφεν (was anointing them)
Luke 8:46 ἤλειψας (you did anoint) & ἤλειψεν (anointed)
Luke 23:56 μύρα (anointing oils)
John 9:11 ἐπέχρισέν (anointed)
John 11:2 ἀλείψασα (having anointed)
John 12:3 ἤλειψεν (anointed)

2 Corinthians 1:21 χρίσας (having anointed)
Hebrews 1:8 ἔχρισέν (has anointed)
James 5:14 ἀλείψαντες (having anointed)
1 John 2:20 χρῖσμα (the anointing)
1 John 2:27 χρῖσμα (anointing) & χρῖσμα (anointing)
Revelation 3:18 ἐγχρῖσαι (to anoint)

Again, I'm ignoring Acts!!!

Pay very close attention to the two different verbs here and you see that only Luke and John use χρι-xyz whereas ἄλειψαί is used to describe "mere anointing"

As one can see - given the vast differences between the English and the Greek - this is the level at which "anything Jesus" should be studied: in the original language, with an exact and acuurate translation, preferably in the original MSS but we have NA28 as a decent (and biased) guide for those who don't master the required level (and about 99% of biblical academic sits below that level, given their work)

Now please do tell me: does Paul belong to Christianity or Chrestianity?

And I haven't even gone by the variants with NA28 in hand!