Did the Church Fathers / early Christians care about historicity?

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
MrMacSon

Re: Did the Church Fathers / early Christians care about historicity?

Post by MrMacSon »

mlinssen wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:35 am
MrMacSon wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:58 am the word 'colostrum' applies to all mammalian first milk ie. cows, sheep, pigs, dogs, cats, etc.
Yes indeed it does, but it lasts 1-3 days in humans or 2-5 depending on which source you rely on, but I wouldn't think that other mammals are of particular relevance in this context - yet I stressed that use nonetheless with that last phrase

To no avail, apparently
I mentioned mammals in case there was an application that may be useful eg. a [golden] calf or lamb of god or the like.

As colostrum is a mammalian trait there's no need to specify a genus. or to be a petty, snide POS
mlinssen

Post by mlinssen »

MrMacSon wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:50 am
mlinssen wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:35 am
MrMacSon wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:58 am the word 'colostrum' applies to all mammalian first milk ie. cows, sheep, pigs, dogs, cats, etc.
Yes indeed it does, but it lasts 1-3 days in humans or 2-5 depending on which source you rely on, but I wouldn't think that other mammals are of particular relevance in this context - yet I stressed that use nonetheless with that last phrase

To no avail, apparently
I mentioned mammals in case there was an application that may be useful eg. a [golden] calf or lamb of god or the like.

As colostrum is a mammalian trait there's no need to specify a genus. or to be a petty, snide POS
:popcorn:
davidmartin

Post by davidmartin »

well i'll admit i didn't know about first milk at all maybe there's something in that distinction
the valentinians also used the same symbol it's all really the same thing whether orthodox or not it seems, something they can agree on :D
Thus the logos of the Father goes forth into the All, being the fruit of his heart and expression of his will. It supports the All. It chooses and also takes the form of the All, purifying it, and causing it to return to the Father and to the Mother, Jesus of the utmost sweetness. The Father opens his bosom, but his bosom is the Holy Spirit. He reveals his hidden self which is his son
mlinssen

Post by mlinssen »

davidmartin wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:40 am well i'll admit i didn't know about first milk at all maybe there's something in that distinction
the valentinians also used the same symbol it's all really the same thing whether orthodox or not it seems, something they can agree on :D
Thus the logos of the Father goes forth into the All, being the fruit of his heart and expression of his will. It supports the All. It chooses and also takes the form of the All, purifying it, and causing it to return to the Father and to the Mother, Jesus of the utmost sweetness. The Father opens his bosom, but his bosom is the Holy Spirit. He reveals his hidden self which is his son
Crum has colostrum as translation yet I've just looked and the CDO doesn't have a word for breastmilk. But it's a good idea to look at the NHL